Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Amber: Yummy! I'm sitting here starving at work (my salad didn't stick!) and that sounds sooo good! I just adore chicken salad. I've been dipping pepperjack cheese in egg wash, rolling in pork rinds and frying up...then using ranch as a dipper for an awesome and guilty appetizer. Made a taco pie topped with jalapenos and homemade guacamole last night. I too LOVED my dinner. It's great when you crave your "diet" food

Kemp: I hope you get some good news on your foot! Congrats on seeing the scale move again!!

Jeanne: I'm sorry for your car trouble! Things like that are so aggravating! Hopefully it wasn't snowing in the midst of all that!!!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Amber: I am going to do reg. calories again starting today. 1200-1800 a day. I was enjoying it and it was working. If I stall again I will just do a "STALL BUSTER DAY" again. It seemed to work and was not all that painful. I worked out so hard twice that I did not even have that much hunger over all. And your dinner sounds awesome.

Katsue: Thanks for the support

jean:
UGH car trouble is the worse. The best money I spend every year is on AAA. I have the worst car luck, keys to flats to dead batteries and they are always johnny on the spot.

Well looks like I have Torsal Tunnel??? same as corparal tunnel but for the foot. I am also having a nerve test on the leg this week. Good news is I can keep working out as long as the pain is not to severe. Tracking is going well now that I am doing it. Thought I should be at 500 calories and am actually at 710 for the day. So I can still have a decent dinner, actuallya big dinner if I want.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/277.4/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Sorry guys...I have been away but for good reason...

I GOT THE JOB!

I had a phone interview on Friday, real interview with nurse manager and peer interview yesterday and official offer today! So happy!! Now, working on getting fit so I can keep up with this unit! I also have to apply for my KY nursing license since the job I accepted is in Kentucky (Louisville). I am beyond excited! Sorry, I have been busy and stressed, but I aam going to catch up now Miss you guys!
chelseybelle27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go chelsey so happy for you. It is all good now for you. You deserve the best.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Today is day 30 on plan, an other than a 2 glasses of wine and to many to count Mich. ultra on the weekend of my buddies funeral there have been no varations from VLC induction lifestyle and it has resulted in a 31 pound loss!!!!! I had to skip the gym yesteday because I was so busy with doctors and the such. Looks like I have torsal tunnel, same as corporal tunnel but in the foot. Can still work out but have to take it easy. Oh well better than being told I cannot work out at all.

Amber: I did a total of 1300+ calories yesterday ang still lost some weight so that was very nice to see. Today will do the work out and hope it continues down. Let me know how you are doing when you get a chance.

Where are you guys?????
Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #366
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Awesome job, Chelsey!!! I'm so proud of you. When do you start? And please, post more. I miss you!!!

Kemp - I guess that's good news on the foot, right? I mean it could be worse since it sounds like you can still exercise. But carpel tunnel isn't good. I know they sometime recommend surgery on hands that get bad, so would that be possible on your foot?

Katsue - OMG, those fried cheese things you described sound awesome. I was just putting a slice on a hot pan and letting it brown, and then flipping. But actually making cheese sticks sound great. Have you made jalepeno poppers yet? They are jalepenos slice in half (longwise), cleaned out, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, and cooked in the oven. Those dipped in ranch are to die for.

I'm at week 1.5 now and really feel firmly in the groove. It's so wonderful to feel this way. Food isn't on my mind and I couldn't care less really what I eat to satisfy the real hunger pains. I have to say that I'm REALLY enjoying the davinci syrup though. It was my first time trying it and I was skeptical, but gosh, it really kicks up my coffee a big notch. I already plan to order another bottle to try a different flavor.

Today's menu will likely be:
B: coffee w/ cream
S: egg/sausage muffin
L: egg/sausage muffin (or two)
S: diet coke
D: finish the chicken salad and have some pepper jack cheese

Depending on when I get home tonight, I might make up a batch of SF jello - I was recommended to let it partially set and then to add heavy cream and whisk. So I'm going to try something like that assuming it's not a late night. I bought SF strawberry banana flavor.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #367
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Kemp. I think we were posting at the same time. Congrats on the continued WL!! If I was you, and I know this is easier said than done, but I'd keep that calorie range you said and only go below it if your weight stalls for a week. Maybe even try to let the calories fluctuate in that range to keep your body guessing - some days 1300 and some days 1900, etc.

Are you retired? I'm guessing so since you seem to have a life of leisure, but you look too young to be retired so I'm not sure..
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: Thanks for the advice and I will take the calorie flux and do that. I think that may keep me from stalling. And if I do stall for a few days I can always do my "stall buster" as I am calling it. I am not retired but have my own home building company. It is small just me and a couple of employees but I only take on one house at a time to give me time to enjoy life. I am not all about making millions just making it and enjoying life. Right now small job so lots of time, when I have a major big build it is all encompassing so I would not have time to post very much or work out. Just seems I get on plan during slow times. Hope to stay on while busy this time. What do you do?

Chelsey get back in here girl I need to here your words!!! LOL
Old 02-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

I PROMISE I am on plan, I just have 800 errands today

I will post at nap time! Ready to do this!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #370
Blabbermouth!!!

Good job Chelsey. I'm awaiting your posts.

Kemp - that's awesome about your job. It must be so fulfilling to work for yourself and to set your own schedules. I'm an attorney and started out my career in construction regulatory law. I do not do that now.

Ended up being pulled into a surprise thank you lunch. The place is an upscale sandwich and pasta lunch place. Each dish was $20. I didn't special order - ordered brisket tacos hoping that it would be the least bad thing. Only 2 tortillas (they were already wrapped up - not like traditional tacos). While I feel bad about it, I don't think it will set off any cravings - it was rich and meaty. Will likely drink a diet coke this afternoon with some cream added to make sure to fend off any potential cravings.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all. Popping in before I head to bed and pass out for the night. My son turned 2 today and has been recovering the last 2 days from a double ear infection and tonsillitis...add to that teething his final molars and the poor guy has been miserable the last 2 days. Which has been great for my diet because I have had very little time to eat and really jump started my focus with only eating when hungry. We are going to try going back to daycare and work tomorrow....ready to be back into the routine. I will weigh in Friday morning, hoping to see something like 191 or lower!

Todays Menu:
B- 24 oz of coffee, .5 oz of HC, 1TB of splenda, 1 oz of coconut oil
L- 2 eggs scrambled with .5 oz HC and .5 oz cheddar cheese
D- frozen Atkins beef merlot

900 calories 10 Net Carbs

ETA---Congrats on being hired Chelsey!

Last edited by Terra2721; 02-27-2013 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: congratulations
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:29 AM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

Terra - Sorry about the sick baby. That's so rough on everyone. Is that Beef Merlot good? I bought 2 atkins meals at Publix the other day - one egg scramble and one sausage something. I haven't tried them, but they were BOGO so I couldn't pass up the change to get them. Almost all of the options were gone though since I apparently went on the last day of the sale.

I ended up getting some cravings last night after that off-plan lunch, but I think I did okay in getting them to leave. I had a diet coke with cream added (tastes like a float), chicken salad with fried pepper jack, and then a spoon of peanut butter. Prob way too many calories, etc., but I needed to get my head screwed on firm.

I'm going to try to have a nice detoxing day today.
B: coffee w/ cream
L: sausage/egg
S: coffee w/ cream
D: eggs and bacon - maybe fried eggs for a changeup
Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: Sounds like you are getting it done even with the suprises that come your way. New month tomorrow to attack the fat and get it off our backs, or butts and guts!!!LOL

Terra: Do not have kids, brother has twin boys an a little girl when they get sick I avoid his house like the plague it is not fun to have sick kids. So good you are refocused.

Since the stall I have been losing steady, another pound on the ground and off my round butt. Day 31 today with 32 pounds gone feels good. I did not hit the gym yesterday due to being to busy or just plain lazy. I am going today for sure and hope to lose another pound. I so want to see the 239.9 in my scale window by next week. When I get into the 220's is when I really start fitting into more of my clothes and just overall feel a lot better. I usually stall big time at the 225 range. I hope my new "Stall buster" will pop me through. New month so I am going to add in a new thing. FAT BOMBS. Found a recipie on line that looks tasty and is saying only 1.5 carbs per piece. I have also added casein to my nightly intake. I got sold at the nutrition store that it will help keep my metabolism going all night long??? who knows. So far it has not stalled me so I am going to keep at it. New month tomorrow so a new us by the end of March.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! I didnt get to post yesterday, my DS has been super needy lately (only child syndrome? ) and I had to do some continuing education credits for my KY license, so by the time I got a moment, I was beat! Here to catch up now!!

Amber- first off, AWESOME job getting back at it! You are doing great, I cannot wait to be 1.5 weeks in. I have been kind of a little bit of everywhere lately, convincing myself I either need to do this, or I dont need to do it. I am ready to be firmly in ketosis so I can kick those thoughts to the curb To answer your question...I start on March 18th as it is their next orientation, and I have to go in next week to do paperwork and a physical and drug test. I am ready to start for sure!!

Speaking of starting nursing, I have read a few places that its a good idea to start a work out routine prior to starting the job because its very demanding on the body. This was the reason I got out of bed this morning and got to the gym, I have a feeling being on my feet 12 hours a day is going to be a BIG wake up call and now I have at least 3 weeks to work on my muscles before then

Kemp- WOW, 32 lbs!! In 31 days!! Thats such inspiration! Thanks for motivating me today! I think I may also do some fat bombs...seem like the perfect thing to keep me full, and the fact that it doesnt involve cream cheese (I just dont like it) or eggs (allergic) makes it even better. AND it has PB?! Heaven Let me know how you like them! I probably wont make them until I am firmly in ketosis, thinking it will get me through long hours without food! Again, CONGRATS on the success!

Terra- Sorry your little man is sick but a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him! I hope he feels better soon! Wow, 2 years old, thats when the fun begins!! They are such little entertainers! Thanks on the congrats! I am very excited!

I wanted to thank everyone for their support! I am so glad its all over and I am looking forward to starting...but until then, its GAME ON! I need you guys to kick my butt back in gear, deal?

I got a biggest loser DVD at the library today, so I plan to do that today while DS naps. I did get the gym today and did 40 minutes of just walking on the treadmill, I wanted to take it easy but I cannot wait to start running again. Makes me feel good!

Okay, I missed you guys, Im sorry if I missed anyone, but I am going back another page now to catch up on that!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Kat- Oh my goodness, that cheese sounds YUMMY! I have fried string cheese in a pan before and dipped in marinara, but I have never coated them first! I will HAVE to try this I hope you have a great vacation....almost there!

Jeanne- sorry about your flat! I would have buried myself in carby food, but you did great! Only 4 carbs above your goal, I call that pretty big success for a stressful day
Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Kemp- I wanted to say I am sorry about your foot too! I had carpal tunnel in my wrists when I was pregnant, what a pain in the behind! Do you feet go numb or is it mostly pain? I have plantar fasciitis, I can very much feel it after a long hard workout, especially after resting. I use a tennis ball to roll my foot on, also a frozen water bottle. Mine is more a heel pain, but I wasnt for sure on your diagnosis, so I dont know if these will help. I know for my condition, losing weight will help tremendously, so thats what I need to do Hope it feels better and doesnt hold you back!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

Chelsey - Congratulations again! I'm beyond proud of you!! Being a nurse will be a great, fulfilling job. So tell us about it, are you going to be an ER nurse, OR nurse, pediatrics, what? And yeah, working out will be good for the job. Good thing you kicked butt with that in January. I bet you have a pretty good starting point. You'll be back to where I'm at in just 1.5 weeks! It flies by as I know you know.

I'm STARVING this afternoon. Absolutely STARVING. I cannot wait to get home and to eat. I am daydreaming about fried eggs and bacon. Lots of it.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Chelsey: Glad to see you back. Yes it is just numb all the time with burning pain in the ankle area. I have planters fasciatis in the other foot, go figure, but I had a treatment here that actually fixed it. I no longer have pain in that foot at all, it is awesome, however the ultrasound treatment to repair it was no laughing matter. It is 8 treatments with ultrasounds that shoot right into the tender spot of your foot. It hurt so bad that I stuck to the paper after it was over.(the paper on all doctors tables.LOL) So good to see you on plan and making it happen, good job also on the workout this morning.

I did get my work out in today. 78 minutes on the stair stepper, according to the computer that was 6.75 miles, 325 floors, burning 1026 calories. Man it felt like I burned that much that is for sure. I am a hot mess when that is all done with! LOL But I love it feel so great when done, may go back and hit the weights with the wife here in a bit. I am busting my butt to try and win that 40 day challenge at my gym which ends on Monday morning. I am going to hit the gym hard all weekend and do the yard play golf what ever I can do to burn calories. Doing a detox also this weekend which should make me shed some pounds also. But next weekend is the big cheat weekend. Starting next Friday afternoon till Sunday lunch. Doing a big family seafood festival down on Galveston Island. If it is seafood we boil it or fry it. Even steam king crab legs. But I am the head cook so I will be enjoying myself with the fried food. I may try to stay focused but not promising because there will be plenty of keg beer to be had!!! Looking forward to a new month of losing pounds and putting them on the ground with my friends here.

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 02-28-2013 at 01:48 PM..
Old 02-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Kemp, that procedure doesnt sounds like fun at all! I just live with it, I think it has come on from years (over 13 years!) of playing soccer when I was young. It also did a number on my ankles, but surprisingly its my heels that hurt the worst. After I lose about 20 lbs, the pain vanishes...I hope it does the same this time, just more annoying than hurt, ya know?

I decided when I was trying to take a nap to get my butt up and do a 10 minute workout from my DVD I got. It was tough! But I was sweating and out of breath, so I know I worked something Now trying to figure out what I want for dinner...probably some chicken, broccoli, alfredo mix with some parm cheese. Yeah, I have convinced myself lol
Old 02-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and your weekend sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy the outdoor festival for me, its going to be in the 30s here! We plan on going to a Kids Fair and DS has his last basketball game and awards ceremony
Old 02-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Well in preparation for next week starting, I made some fat bombs, they look delicious. I usually do not stray from meat and eggs but 32 days of nothing but is getting a little old and I want to try and do this thing for a lot longer than I usually do. I will let you know how they taste according to the recipe I used they are 1.62 carb each with 141 calories. Mostly they are fat hence the name Fat Bomb!!! They are suppose to help with fat intake and constipation. We Will see.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Just tried one of my fat bombs and OMG it was so good. Going to need to hide them until next week. They are only1.6 carbs and 141 calories but I could eat the entire batch right now. But I will not
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Chelsey - Congratulations again! I'm beyond proud of you!! Being a nurse will be a great, fulfilling job. So tell us about it, are you going to be an ER nurse, OR nurse, pediatrics, what? And yeah, working out will be good for the job. Good thing you kicked butt with that in January. I bet you have a pretty good starting point. You'll be back to where I'm at in just 1.5 weeks! It flies by as I know you know.

I'm STARVING this afternoon. Absolutely STARVING. I cannot wait to get home and to eat. I am daydreaming about fried eggs and bacon. Lots of it.

Sorry, I just saw this!! Okay, my position is on a Med/Surg Neuro unit working with a lot of patients that have had strokes, seizures, altered level of consciousness, elderly, etc. Its at one of the biggest (and most renown) hospitals in Louisville...I have a very good feeling that after I decide to move on, I will have no problem finding a job! I plan to learn my skills on this unit and stay for a couple of years, and then maybe try to move into pediatrics or labor and delivery. Who knows though, I may love it!

And I cannot wait to see 1.5 weeks, I felt like I was floundering for a long time here!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
Just tried one of my fat bombs and OMG it was so good. Going to need to hide them until next week. They are only1.6 carbs and 141 calories but I could eat the entire batch right now. But I will not
This is what I am afraid of when I make them! Ill go crazy!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #385
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey everyone.

Kemp - I'm glad you like those fat bombs. I was "eh" about them and ended up throwing most of them away. They didn't decrease my appetite, and really only added calories to my day. But I may try them again one day when I just want a fix of something rich and sweet.

Chelsey - that sounds like a really cool job. Those kind of positions are usually the best places to get trained. You're probably right that it will help you find something else if you decide it's not for you. Good job for the workout and for making a healthy dinner. Your body will thank you tomorrow.

As for me, nothing new to report really. I made the SF jello last night. I added almost the entire amount of water it said and then after about 30 minutes I added some cream - maybe 1/2 cup and stirred it all up. When it was set, it was more of a pudding consistency with a jello taste. It was interesting, but I think I prefer jello with whipped cream on top.

Last night's dinner was fried eggs, bacon, and cheese. All so good.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:53 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the heads up on the jello....I remember you saying something about it and I have all the stuff, but I am a cool whip on top kind of girl too I think Ill just whip the cream and have it that way...been meaning to make some jello, I will today!

I didnt get to the gym this morning, as DH goes an hour earlier to work on friday and I turned off my alarm at 6 am Ill either go when he gets home or do 2 of the workouts on the DVD? Not sure yet.

Have a great day everyone! I am sore, but happy about it
Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: Glad to see you are still focused and getting it done. Bacon never seems to get old, ever, eggs not so much. I always thought about doing the jello like that but now I know not to try it. If it is not like thick pudding it just would not work for me. Lets kick this fat off our bodies this month big time.

Chelsey: Way to keep up the exercise, that is key to dropping the pounds for sure. I am thinking of stepping off the stair stepper and doing straight exercise, such as sqaut thrust, jumping jacks and light weights like the trainer taught me. I just love the high I get from hard cardio.

Well started the month same as I ended Feb. at 242, same weight as two days in a row. No worries going to hit the gym today for a exercise day or another cardio extreme day. Having neighbors over for dinner, Will be grilling chicken and pork tenderloin for tonight and for the week. Hope to lose 3 pounds over the weekend so I can hopefully win the 40 day challenge at the health club. Big bucks for placing in the top 3 and I want it bad. Will keep me from sneaking a beer tonight.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hello all and happy Friday!

Kemp- What fatbomb recipe did you use? I have been meaning to make them but haven't gotten around to finding a recipe and trying.

Amber-Not a fan of Jello in any form or fashion. The Beef Merlot meal is very good...especially since all I have to do is pop it out of freezer and into the microwave. I would love to find a crockpot version/recipe of this meal.

Chelsey-Your new job sounds like it is a great opportunity! Great job working out and staying on plan!

I think my little guy is finally on the mend....it was nice to return to work yesterday and get back into the routine of life. I have really focused on eating only when hungry and it is amazing how quickly your body reacts....I weighed in this morning at 190! Hoping to drop another pound before my competition weigh in on Monday giving me a 5 lb loss in the first week! I am 15 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight and 40lbs away from my "dream" weight!
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #389
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: red45
Start Date: January 2013
Hi Guys!
Wow you all are so inspiring..... I miss it when I cant get here very often!

Kemp- I really relate to your foot issues because I have chronic Plantar Fascitis and I know how I feel with every painful step. GREAT job on hanging in there at the gym. How do you manage that with the Plantars?

Chelsey- Congrats on the new job and you continued success!!!!

Amber- Thats an awesome idea for the SF jello. Thanks.
red45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

I second the beef merlot, its pretty tasty!

Terra- Glad to hear you DS is feeling better! Great job at 190!! You are getting so close to GOAL!

Kemp- you are a workout machine! Here I am hoping to get in 20 minutes and you have a whole cardio extreme day planned lol. I hope you win your 40 day challenge!