Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Amber - so how did you do JUDDD and LC together.... on your DD you did JUDDD and then on UD you did the carbs count please let me know.... just learning here... and I want to lose some more weight..thanks
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #302
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
JUDDD doesn't have carb counts, just calorie counts. So your numbers are probably close to 500/2400 (just guessing). When I did JUDDD/LC combined, I ate 500 calories of low carb foods and then rotated with 2200 calories of low carb foods. I stayed under 20 carbs on each day, just like with atkins. So for some days, I literally ate an atkins shake and a few HB eggs and bacon or a mock danish and chicken w/ a few green beans. Then on my high calorie days, I ate 2200 calories worth of yummy low carb foods, i.e., like my typical menus these days.

If you are like me, and carb sensitive, I would NOT add in carbs. It only caused me problems.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/274.2/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Hey guys, I got my quick results from Pearson Vue today (the ones who administer the test) and I PASSED! Now, I am just waiting for the nursing board to update my # so I can apply for some jobs. I have to admit, I have been terrible this week...between stress, worry, and elation, the diet has gone out the window. I WILL be here tomorrow! I WILL restart then, no excuses! I WILL make it to goal this year! I have had so many wonderful moments these past few months, and I cant wait to make 2013 the best year ever.

Becoming a RN, hopefully finding my dream job, reaching onederland, and getting pregnant....sounds like I am in for an awesome year Just have to remind myself of these things when I want to stray! Sorry I couldnt hang during this stress case of a week, but I promise to make you all proud from here on out

I will catch up on posts tomorrow! Miss you all!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 281/264.8/190
WOE: Super low carb
Start Date: 11/03/14
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!

Chelsey: Way to go on your test. Awesome news and way to get right back on.

Robo: Oh vegas my favorite place in the world. Well one of my favorites for sure.

Amber: Yes when I get to 225-230 my body says that is it and I start to stall big time usually. It makes it tough for sure. I hope to get past that and get to onderland this time. I have no trips schedule, doing it this time for me. Oh and we are having a 40 day challenge at the gym. Most body fat lost in 40 days gets 6 months free dues. That is 1500 bucks at my health club so that is some motivation for sure. Then hope that is a great jump start to onderland.

Linda:Ups and downs happen. Just stay with it for the long hall and you will break through. It is so easy to say that, but when it happens to me I just want to scream. I agree that eating smaller meals does help. I snack all day long and eat all the time. Atkins actually says to not go four waking hours without eating.

This morning I found 20 pounds of my fat behind gone. Down to 254!!! So that is 20 pounds in 17 days not to shabby. Hope this trend stays on path. Taking wife to dinner tomorrow night instead of tonight so I will be trying to stay focused. We will be doing a little french place we love. They have awesome bread. Wife said she is cheating full blown for sure, while I am still on the fence. Do not want to lose any momentum. She does the classic low calorie, low fat diet trap. But works out a lot also so good for her. Well that is my story for the day. Will check in later.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! Good morning! Happy Valentine's Day!

Got to the gym this morning...seriously tried to talk myself out of it for a long time, but finally just went and feel good! It had been about a week since I went, so I needed to go and make myself feel ready to tackle the day!

Going to a kids consignment sale today to get DS some summer clothes (these sales are awesome and only come twice a year...excited ) and then it will just be a normal day. DH and I have a date tomorrow to celebrate me passing, so I am excited for that, but no cheating for me! I need to lose the weight! I think we might go to dinner and shopping, he said I got to chose and I think now he regrets it...he hates shopping lol

Kemp- thats a hard call. I know its a difficult choice, but maybe try your best to get an awesome steak, or something like that and have a little bread? I know you are so dedicated, you will not over do it! Have a great Valentine's Day with your wife!

Okay, I need to shower, I smell I will catch up during DS' nap! Happy to be back at it!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Robofitz
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/7/13
Terra – 12lbs since January is nothing to scoff at…way to go and keep up the good work!! Sending positive vibes your way to stay away from cake and have only one glass of wine. Gees those are seriously my 2 favorite things ever, and together definitely sounds like an obstacle but just remember you have already lost 12pounds and tell yourself cake will only set you back! Happy birthday to your son!!!

Kemp – Man you are bringing the smack down on that fat!! Sounds like you are way on track to hit your goal of 240 by the end of the month. Have a great time with wifey tomorrow at dinner…since I started I allowed myself 2 cheat meals and I didn’t gain. I don’t know if that would work for everyone but it worked for me. I know you will do what feels best and it sounds like you’re in it to win it so maybe just sticking to plan isn’t a bad idea…either way I wish you both a dynamite time together. As far as Vegas goes, it is definitely one of my top favorites…Alan Parsons Project performs every year there this time of year and this is our 3rd year in a row going. A big group of us go and at this point it has become our yearly music geek tradition, plus you can beat Vegas!!

Linda – Nice to hear from you, sorry to hear work has been hectic for you. Hopefully things will calm down for you soon. Sounds like you’re doing great sticking to your diet and I’m sure you will start to get that water down. Its important to make sure you are eating and staying hydrated and it sounds like you are tackling that too…great job. Also don’t get discouraged, I am a slow loser as well. The important part is that you are taking the right steps to a healthier you, the rest will follow in time.

Amber – How is your meat, eggs and less cheese going? Are you feeling ok? I know the 1st couple days of that can either be great or rough. Is DS still sick or now feeling better? It’s a drag when someone you love is sick, you want to help them but you also don’t want to get it yourself. Any hoot, have a wonderful day…cheers to another successful meat and egg day!!

Pawley – We want you here no matter what!! If you feel like JUDD is going to help you then you owe it to yourself to give it a try. I wish you all the success on that plan and you better not leave us…we would miss you. Great job with the WA!!

Chelsey – WOO HOO, look at you girl, moving mountains and making things happen!!! Congrats on such a great achievement, your family must be so proud of you and I know you must be relieved it’s done and you PASSED. Sounds like you are already on track to get back in the game and truly that is all that matters. Awesome job pushing yourself to get to the gym, I notice that on those days, when I am dragging to get my booty to the gym, I have the best workouts…hope you had a great workout and have a super day back on plan!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Well ladies and gents…it’s Thursday and I am PUMPED UP and full of energy!!! I feel great! I put a pair of 14 skinny jeans on this morning and they are loose!! What a great way to start this day of love and today I will do just that, I will love myself and tell myself I am worth it. I hope you all stop and tell yourselves today how amazing you are and that you love yourselves. Hope everyone has a great V-day and that you are able to spend some quality time with your loved ones. BF and I will be making dinner together tonight then doing what we love best together…playing music in our living room for an audience of one, our pooch!

Today menu
B – 3eggs, 3 slice cheddar cheese, 3 slices of bacon, coffee with HWC
L – left over wings from last night (ok, I think I need an intervention…I’m addicted to wings!)
D – Pork roast
WORKOUT – 45minute cardio HITT on treadmill
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Valentine's Day to all...

Robo - wow on getting on your size 14 jeans.... and that is great that you can do 2 cheat days and not gain....

Chelsea - glad you went to the gym.... and good luck getting some summer clothes for your darling DS..

Kemp
- wow - 20 pounds gone that is wonderful... and have a great dinner with your wife.....

well had my first DD yesterday and it went well....... had a slim fast shake breakfast and four wasa cracker with laughing cow cheese and some turkey for dinner... and was not really hungry...

today went out with a friend for breakfast.. had a cheese and bacon omlette
and one & 1/2 toast and some potatoes... the potatoes were awfull, so did not eat much of them... and not hungry at all now...

but got a roasted chicken from the store... and some fresh green beans for dinner..... since it is my UD I should eat something more.... we will see if I am hungry or not later.....

yesterday went at 5:30pm and did 55 min of my WA.... did not get to sleep until 2am this morning so did not get up early and go... so will go do my WA later this evening.... going later is nice... not many people in the pool at that time..

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Quick check in this morning.

I did a hard work out yesterday and played a round of golf. So that helped a lot for I was down to 252 this morning, that is 22 pounds in 19 days, ain't to shabby!!! A stall is in my future for sure I have been losing way to much way to fast. Not complaining just saying. Will check in again later.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #310
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - I just bragged on you in the ML. Some guy (around 300ish) was asking for a quick WL method for a month. I told him you lost 20+ in less than 20 days and kept it pretty low carb. I'm excited for you!!!

Pawley - good luck adding those carbs back. Let us know how you feel today. Hopefully the cravings stay at bay.

Robo - Yay on the jeans!! Time to shop lady!! DS is feeling better and thankfully I'm mostly well. I keep getting congested, but it could be the weather. It's hot here and then freezing cold the next day. Hate the big swings.

Chelsey - Congratulations!!!!!!!! I knew you'd pass. How was shopping. We have those little boutique sales here twice per year too. I never go. Maybe I should. I drop serious $$ on DS' clothes.

Hope everyone had a great V-day. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I feel off the wagon pretty much right away, at the first temptation of the day. Gotta get back on track.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Hi all! Happy Friday and I hope everyone had a wonderful V-Day!

Jenn: Congrats on the jeans, girl!! That is the BEST feeling ever!!

Chels(RN): I'm not sure if I've told you congrats, yet...I've been reading posts but I don't think I've posted to officially congratulate you!!

Kemp: Your progress is so amazing and inspiring!!!

Amber: Let's not talk about temptations!!! I had a MAJOR MAJOR setback last night...it came in the form of "Russell Stovers Private Selection". I had the little chocolate map on the box reading it like it was leading me to buried treasure. I then added in wine AND late night Taco Bell to cap off my horrendous night of cheating!!

This was the first major setback I've had in 5 weeks though--so I'm not thrilled with myself, but not going to beat myself up either! I will be back on track 100% for the weekend. I want this to be a lifestyle for me, not just a diet. So I know bad days will come...the important thing is not falling into the carb trap permanently!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: Thanks for the referral, I hope he has the same luck I am having. As far as the wagon losing a wheel and you accidentally falling off just get right back into the game, I know you well enough to know that you will. V_Day is hard for anyone to resist all the russell stovers that is for sure.

Katsue: Sure your not from Texas that sound like the exact thing I do when I fall off. It always seems to end with wine and a late night trip to to taco bell. Or What-a-burger. Good attitude and getting right back on. That is what I hope I do when I have the "BIG CHEAT".

Speaking of cheating I am about to be tempted to no end at dinner. French food with good bread is tempting, especially in snail butter. Anyway planning on just doing a little wine with dinner. I deserve it, I have not cheated even a tiny bit in the last 19 days, hope to be only a wine cheater and not a bread cheater, will keep you posted on the results.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

OH-NO, just found out one of my good friends has gone into Gods hands, after a long battle with heart disease, the funeral will be Monday. Which means next two days will be a carb fest at his family house in my home town of Beaumont. I hope to go home tomorrow after breakfast and stay till Monday. I will do my best to stay focused but this will not be easy. Will try and check in when I can.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - wow - you hiting 252 - wish I was there with ya.... great news that you are down 22 pounds....

Amber - so sorry that you had a rough day......

Katsue - sorry you had a setback... I know those days.....

well, got up at 5:15am this morning and went to do my WA... hit the pool at 5:50am and did 1 hr WA..... no one in the pool but me... had a great workout... and when I weighted myself... I was down 4 pounds.... know it was water weight.. but I will take it...

today is my 2nd DD on JUDDD... yesterday was my UD and I was not hungry at all..... so ate only about 1900 calories.... but is did not hurt me... so was glad.... still not really hungry today...

had for L - slim fast shake
D - will have some wawa crackers with laughing cow cheese and some deli turkey...... and will drink alot of water...

went and saw my dietitian... did not tell her about atkins or JUDD... just said I was watching my carbs and calories... whick is gtrue... she was great... really supporative... and then saw my nurse practitioner who works with diabetics.... and she also was very supportive... she did change up my meds....
Old 02-18-2013, 06:07 AM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

Pawley - Congratulations on being down 4 pounds since starting JUDDD! You are doing awesome. Only a few days until your trip, right?

Kemp - I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope you take a moment for yourself. It's always hard to lose someone.

Katsue - How are you doing today? Back on the wagon? Your V-day night sounded good - chocolate and wine.

Okay, so I don't know what's wrong with me. I had a terrible weekend. V-day pushed me off the edge and getting back on the horse was difficult. But alas, I'm here and prepared for a good week. I prepped and made bacon, a big bowl of chicken salad (chicken breast shredded with mayo and SF relish), have hamburger meat, eggs, and turkey. I'm going to try to be very conscious of calories this week and keep to under 2000.

B: shake and coffee (300 calories) - skipped the eggs and bacon here today
S: turkey (200 calories)
L: chicken salad (500ish calories) - figure I'll eat as much as I want to kill cravings/hunger
S: SF jello (if needed) - won't put any whipped cream on it (10 calories); coffee w/ cream (if needed) - (100 calories)
D: omelete (500 calories)
---
1600 ish calories - sounds good to me

Chelsey - where are you lady?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeannecgo
Stats: 281/259/245/236/233/226/218/213/210180
Start Date: Feb 2012
Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted but I have checked in on you all from time to time. Its really helped keep me mostly on track through this hectic couple of weeks.

Kemp, so sorry to hear about your friend.
Diana, great news on that 4 pounds! I think the WA is really paying off for you.

Kat, yum, wine and chocolate...if your going to go off plan that would be worth going off for.....glad your getting back on though.

Robo...skinny jeans?? I can only dream.....but good for you!!

Terra....how did things go?

Linda, you and I are in the same boat. Once I turned 50 it seemed it took a lot more for me to lose. But maybe that will be good for us because we will be on this so long that it really will become a way of life instead of a diet.

Chelsey, congrats my friend!! How terrific is it to finally get that RN after all your hard work! I know you will find a great job. Now you can focus on low carb....things are really coming together for you!

Amber, great job in getting so prepared for an on plan week. That is where I usually mess up. I fall back on the Atkins bars but I know I use them too much. Your food sounds so much better!

As for me, I have been mostly good. I have worked out at least 6 days a week. Went a little off plan on Valentines day with some bread and toasted ravioli plus movie popcorn...yikes! A little gelato on Saturday night. But in general I have been keeping around 1,000 calories a day.

Valentines day was also my 1 year anniversary....I started low carb V day 2012. I am down about 80 pounds which is good but I have another 50 to go. At my current pace that will take me another year. So, I am counting on you guys to keep me going! You have all been such a blessing....I think it's what has made the difference for me this time. Many thanks!
Jeannecgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! I am slinking back in to re-start.

I feel like I am doing this whole cycle again and again...have been for over a year. I wish I could get it together

Did work out this morning, did a version of C25K, Id have to look, but I am pretty sure I did week 3 lol, I ran 2 minutes on, 2 off...treadmill is much easier than running outdoors. I initially went thinking Id do week 1, but I got to the minute and though, "Lets go farther" and did the 2. I feel much better about myself now that I got to the gym! Now, I just have to lose what I bloated on in this past week!

THANK YOU so much for all the congrats! Means so much to me! Like Jeanne said, now I can focus on LC! Its feels so good to be done!

Going to look back and see what I missed, hope everyone is having a good monday so far! Ill be back to post personals soon
Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday to everyone...hope everyone is doing great and those that slipped are back at it

Friday’s menu
B – 3 eggs, 3 slices bacon
L – roast pork with 1 slice pepper jack cheese
D – 4 large prawns over steamed veggies
WORKOUT – 45minute circuit training along with some boxing drills

Saturday’s menu
B – bacon, avocado, tomato omelet
S – few strawberries
L – ˝ left over omelet
D – carne asada, green salad w/ranch dressing

Sunday’s menu
L – bacon burger with no bun, small side salad w/ranch
D – ˝ double cheese burger wrapped in lettuce
CHEAT – 3 pieces of chocolate, few chocolate covered pretzels, 10 sour patch kids

Today’s menu
B – ˝ double cheese burger wrapped in lettuce
L – cob salad with ranch dressing
D – carne asada, side salad w/ranch
WORKOUT – 45minute treadmill HITT workout
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: Way to get yourself ready. In my restarts I always disregard calories and just try to get through the induction flu and headaches. When the first week is gone then I will start to be more calorie conscious. Just my two cents but I know you can do this.

Chelsey: We have all slinked back in here many times that is for sure. I have never stayed on this plan for a year ever. I think 4-5 months is the longest I have ever gone, and that had a few slip days in there. You got this

Jeanne: Way to go on the year that is great motivation to me and I think all of us.

The weekend was tough but made it through. The funeral is today at 2 then will be back to Houston. I meet up with all the people in town for the funeral Saturday night and drank like we were back at the fraternity house living it up. Only did mich. ultra and did not cheat on the food at all. It was not easy with all my friends going out at 3am to the chicken fried steak buffet!!!! I have not weighed due to no scale at moms house but will weigh in the morning and let you guys know.

I am assuming I have meet all my goals so I will have to come up with the 4th week goals soon. Actually going to do the same goals.

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 02-18-2013 at 09:25 AM..
Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Thank God there are no Chicken Fried Steak buffets in Chicago. I would weigh 500 pounds!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Kemp: I am so sorry for your loss. We are all thinking about you. Way to say no to chicken fried steak at 3 am though...especially with slightly impaired judgement

Chels: Glad you are back on track!!! Congrats on starting C25K. I better get with it! You're gonna catch me ...I did Week 5, Day 2 today (8 minute intervals). It was hard, but I made it!!

Jeanne: Happy Belated LC Anniversary!!! What amazing stats! Congrats!

Amber: As of yesterday I am 100% back on track. After I knew I kicked myself out of ketosis on V-Day, I used the excuse to kill my Chinese food craving on Friday. Then spent Saturday full of guilt and self-loathing, haha! But, after working out hard the past two days and re-inducting myself I'm feeling much better! Hopefully I won't pay too much for 48 hours of indulgence...we shall see!
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Back in Houston last night and hit the scale this morning. Weighed 249, so that is 26 pounds in 22 days. Not to shabby. I guess one night of drinking did not do to much damage. But will try and avoid that again for a few weeks.

Thanks to every one for the kind words in this hard time for me.

Katsue: Glad you are getting right back in the game. Working out does seem to kick start us back into ketosis after a 2 day indulgence.

So that is my long weekend story. So glad I stayed on plan and so sad to lose on of the greatest people I knew. Looking forwad to seeing all the progress.

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 02-19-2013 at 06:27 AM..
Old 02-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #323
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - You are doing awesome. I'm glad you got to see some old friends and that you stayed in control. 26 pounds in 22 days is like a dream!! Seriously. I'd be thrilled to see those losses in 60 days. ha!!

Katsue - that's totally the way I am too - once I'm off track, I want to satisfy every craving before restarting. 48 hours is pretty good in my book. I'm glad you're back on track.

Chelsey - Welcome back!!! Each time we fall, if we can get back on the horse before gaining it all back, then we're still making progress. I know you didn't gain everything back in the past few days. And now you have full focus on LC and your WL goals!!

Robo - your menus look EXCELLENT. Well, everything except that Sunday night cheat. haha

Jeanne - Happy LC Anniversary!!!!! 80 pounds is FANTASTIC!!! I'm so proud of you!!

Day 2 and I feel good. This is usually my worst day, so I expect headaches later on. I'm prepared with advil. Brought chicken salad, bacon, cheese, and coffee/cream/shake to work today. Going to try not to eat when I get home tonight since I expect it to be a late day. I stress ate last night - it was just another scoop of chicken salad - but I wasn't hungry. I need to stop that.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Jeanne- What an achievement! 80lbs is amazing!

Robo-Great menus!

Chelsey- I am in a restart too! My 1 day planned cheat day turned into a 4 day binge. Life is full of ups and downs; this restart is just another learning experience.

Katsue- Just like you and Amber, when I cheat I go all out and have every bite of food I am craving before I restart.

Kemp-Sorry for your loss. Looks like you have found success....26 lbs is incredible.

Amber-I am on day 2 too of a restart. I also am fighting the battle of not eating just to eat and only eating when I am hungry. One day at a time.

So, as I mentioned my 1 day planned cheat turned into a 4 day binge. Not sure why, but my family is a huge trigger for me. The visit was great and the birthday celebration went off without a hitch. I climbed back on the wagon yesterday and focusing on one day at a time.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #325
Blabbermouth!!!

Terra - We can do it. I'm not sure about you, but sometimes I can stay on plan around my family but as soon as they leave, I fall off the wagon. I think that even when things go well on visits, they are just overwhelming and emotionally taxing. Even on perfect visits, I get overwhelmed with saddness when they leave me and DS. So I feel ya.

Today's menu has been:
b: coffee shake - thinking I should drop this in the event that it slows me down, even though I them!!
L: chicken salad - sooooo very good
S: coffee w/ cream
D: chicken rolled up with mayo and mustard
S: cheese
Old 02-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all. I am not sure why I am awake at 4:30am, but I am.

I did ok yesterday. I took my weekly trip to Springfield. For some reason I get so hungry when I am down here. But I took a page from Ambers book and prepared my lunches. I brought some leftover chicken and green beans for yesterday's lunch and salads for today and tomorrow.

I over-relied on Atkins products yesterday.....had 4 of them, the chicken and green beans, a 1 ounce package of peanuts and 4 Bud 55's. That came to about 28 carbs and around 1300 calories. I did hit the gym the gym at 5:30am so I did my workout in before I left.

Terra, glad to see you back at it. Family visits always set us back a bit but it is sooo worth it!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:10 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Quick check in.

Day 23 down 26 pounds. Going to keep doing what is working. Only water to drink, 2-5 carbs a day, and staying all natural. That being said would kill for an atkins bar or sugar free peanut butter cups. But to scared it will ruin my momentum.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #328
Blabbermouth!!!

Kemp - WTG!! Maybe try making a homemade mock danish with some cocoa powder in it. It's all natural and controlled - just cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and cocoa mainly.

Jean - Good job preparing!!! And good job for having a good day. Some days the atkins products get me through too. But I know I need to stop relying on them so heavily.

So today is day 3. Weeeee! I feel better already. It's kind of nice not weighing right now. I'm waiting until March 1 to start that up. It feels like I'm concentrating on health, and not worried about the scale.

Yesterday I did much, much better with portions. I only ate what I posted and didn't eat after work - I was here until 8pm so it was too late to eat. Went to bed slighly hungry, but not terribly so.

Today's menu:
B: bacon (4 pieces) and coffee shake
L: chicken salad (last of it - will def make this again next weekend)
S: coffee w/ cream and/or cheese stick
D: ? Maybe a cheeseburger
Old 02-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Amber- I am waiting to weigh in too. The mom's group I belong to is starting another weight loss competition and I think I am going to join again. The weigh in for that would be Sunday, so planning on not weighing until then.

Kemp- I have had success with the same kind of plan low carbs, natural food, high fat. Hoping I can see some of the same success you have.

Jeanne- Way to plan ahead! I too do much better when I plan my meals ahead of time.

I am starting day 3 and feeling good. The sugar cravings are subsiding slowly but surely.

Todays menu:
B: 24 oz of coffee, .5 oz of HC, 4 slices of bacon, 1 oz of coconut oil
S: 1 oz of string cheese
L: 3 oz. of tuna salad, 2 oz of cheese
D: Atkins beef merlot frozen meal
1,500 calories and 10 net carbs
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Amber: Can you please share that homemade danish detail. Sounds tasty for sure. I do not have a planned cheat until March 9th. That is well a long way away. It is a fried and boiled seafood party I head chef for every year. For my cousin but it is a big day of eating very many foods on and off the approved list. Would be nice to have a sweet that is LC to mayber keep me from the big cake they make every year.

Jean: Being prepared is the key to success when traveling or not know what is in store food wise. Glad to hear you were so ready.

Terra: Great job on making it to day 3. Day 3-6 are the hardest days for me when restarting. Usually after that it gets a lot easier. At least for a little while till I start missing food items.

Some times I wish I had never eaten any other way beacuse then I would not miss my favorite foods. But once you have tasted certain things it is hard to untaste them. Sorry just venting a bit. Hope to stay on plan till the 9th of march. Then be able to jump off and then right back on. Glad to see everyone so focused and getting it done.