Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Robofitz
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Robo - I make a cup of coffee, let it cool, pour it in a big 24 oz tervis tumbler with ice, add an atkins shake (chocolate or mocha latte), and add a dash of cream. I put on a top and take it to work before I start to drink it. I then sip it over 1-2 hours. One day I plan to put it in a blender and make it into a frappicino type drink, but I haven't tried that yet.
This sounds yummy!!! I'm going to try it. Thanks
Robofitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Hi all!!! Just dropping in to catch up...been a crazy CRAZY week, but have stayed LC all the way and working through Week 4 of C25K!!

Weigh in tomorrow....but off to read back through the last few pages of posts and catch up on everyone!!!

katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 281/264.8/190
WOE: Super low carb
Start Date: 11/03/14
It was a busy day but got through it, tomorrow will not be that bad. I even got in 47 minutes of stair stepping at the gym.

Will work out tomorrow hard, as for Saturday our gym will be a mad house with one of the pro dancers from "Dancing with the stars" will be doing classes all day. Kira Smirnoff???? They have signs everywhere and are talking about it on the radio, this is a big town I had no idea that she had that kinda of street creed!!!LOL I may skip Saturday or just wait till way late.

The hunger finally subsided a bit today. Should be around 6 carbs today(I splurged) but eating a Leg of lamb steak marinated in fresh rosemary and garlic with olive oil tonight. It already smells good and I have not even started cooking it yet.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Robo: Way to go on the inches

Amber: I pray the flu does not turn the corner after you and you bust on through!!!

Chelsey: great attitude and way to go on the new low. Keep up the good work

And the rest looking forward to hearing about your progress also.

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 02-07-2013 at 05:17 PM..
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/274.2/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Hey guys, just a quick check in as I am studying my booty off (yep, yet again *sigh*)

Thanks for all the support on the new low! I hope to see another one tomorrow

Amber- glad you are over that stinky flu! I am happy you are feeling more energy too! you being so busy, I am sure you could use it!

Jenn- GREAT job on the inches lost! I know you will reach that goal of 12s by May! Hope you are feeling better!

Kat- Great job on getting to week 4 of C25K! I never moved past that week...I am hoping to start running by next month...thats the goal at least!

Kemp- Wow Kemp, yeah I think Id skip Saturday or wait until later. Not a DWTS fan, but I know some people that are, and it seems like their fans are pretty loyal! I would imagine the gym will be a madhouse! Your dinner sounds yummy...per usual

Okay, back to practice tests. I have been pretty stressed out today, worrying like crazy. I know I know this stuff, but I by no means know everything. I dont think I should have to know everything, but this neurotic part of my brain tells me I should! I even had to take DS out in his wagon to the walking path and walk for over 2 miles because I was so stressed! Thank goodness it helped! Feeling much better (well, after a good cry too ) Im driving myself nutso!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Finally got caught up with you guys!! Looks like everyone is doing great!

Red: Welcome! So glad you joined us!

Kemp: Congrats on the continued and fast weight loss!!! Food sounds so yummy!! And I agree with you 100% on how this is the best diet! I can't stand low fat salad dressings, mayo, fake butter, etc etc...the fact that I can have my Hellmans, yummy bleu cheese dressing, and cook everything in BUTTER!?! And by frying in pork rinds it kills all my cravings for breaded foods. Made boneless buffalo wings fried in pork rinds and soaked in Frank's Red Hot and butter tonight--almost no carbs and so yummy!

Chels: When is the big day? We're close, right??? Soon it will all be over and you will have done great!!!! And AWESOME on the new low!!

Amber: I've been neglecting Jillian this week (only did her workout twice) but I look at your avatar and it motivates me!! Haha. Made it through Level 2 tonight with no modifications! That coffee drink sounds sooooo good!

Jenn: I'm so sorry you were sick!!! I had that right before I started the diet...I lost 5lbs due to my illness and so it was a jump start to going on Induction (why my January starting weight was 182, but I started the diet at 177).

I got into cooking mode tonight...so it's way past my bedtime. Made a big bowl of "mock" potato salad with cauliflower, the aforementioned buffalo wings, cream cheese muffins, a sausage and pepperjack quiche, sauteed some pork cutlets in butter....so if anyone is in the neighborhood, stop by!!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Computer crashed this morning so I have to be brief.

Chelsey: good luck studying

Katsue: forgot all about the ol' frying the chicken wings with the pork rinds, going to try that this weekend for sure.

Big day on the scale this morning. DOWN 3 pounds!!!!! Never thought I would be so happy weighing 260 pounds. Good motivator for me today. I have been eating lots of fat and only counting carbs and it is working well!!! Going to hit the gym today if the computer repair does not take to much out of my day. If it does then by God I will be going late today. Have to get it in before the craziness tomorrow. 14 pounds in 12 days is a good feeling.

Every one have a great day
Old 02-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Kat- big day is Monday, I should find out if I passed by Wednesday...eeek! DH says I am psyching myself out, trying to be more mellow today and just study my booty off! (still wish it would work that way ) You are tempting me to make a trip down to Lexington girl with all that food! It seriously sounds yummy! You are definitely prepared

Kemp- WOW on the 3 lbs! GREAT JOB! KUTGW! I am a firm believer that the lower the carbs, the better you lose and you are living proof! I wish I didnt love my veggies like I do, but I am trying to limit them to dinner.

Drumroll please....this morning I weighed 265.4! First, I want to say thanks for all your support and telling me to stick with it (I sound like I am accepting an award ). This has been the longest in over a year of trying that I have stuck with it. Today mark 5 weeks on plan (I think I only made it to 3 before!) I know I can have great success with it, but I wouldnt have near the success if it wasnt for you guys! (sorry, Im such a sap!)

So that puts me at 17.8 lbs lost in 5 weeks (well tomorrow is 5 weeks) and I am so happy things started moving again. It is VERY hard to maintained motivated when the scale doesnt move, but I just need to remember that it WILL move, I just have to be patient! This just makes me want to be very GOOD, and I love that!

Okay, study time for me, then groceries to stock up on yummy LC stuff, and then back to studying Have a great day!!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Kemp: 14lbs in 12 days!

Chels: 17.8lbs!!!!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!

I THINK that I have positive news for my Friday weigh in. My scale decided to go crazy on me this morning and threw numbers at me ranging from 160 to 166 and everything in between! Good news is, I know I'm at least down 0.5lbs for the week and a minimum of 11 since starting 4 weeks ago! Can't believe it's been a month already! Like you, Chels....this is the best I've ever done dieting. I have never had so few cheats in a month! And I know it's because of the forum...cause if I cheat, I have to get on here and tell you all about it
Old 02-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Katsue that was the only good thing about being sick is that I know I dropped some weight. All your cooking sounds yummy and 11pounds in 4weeks is fantastic Cheers to staying focused and way to go!!

Kemp – WOW 47min on the stair step, that is impressive also 14lbs in 12days is amazing!! What a motivation you are and maybe you can ship me one of those lamb legs?!?

Chelsey – very sorry to hear you are stressed and I hope it gets better for you soon. I know studying for big test can be extremely stressful at times. Hang in there and that is great that you used exercise as a means to relieve some of that stress. Big hugs to you On the bright side 17.8lbs in 5weeks!! Girl you are on a major roll and congrats. You are motivation for me to stick with it and thank you for that.

Hope everyone else that hasn’t checked in is doing great!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Again it’s Friday and I am looking forward to another great weekend. We have some gloomy rainy weather today but I love it!! This weekend is yet another semi busy weekend. Tonight is a dear friends store opening party. There will be live music, dj’s and I will get to see a lot of good friends. Tomorrow is a big music day for me, getting ready to record some vocals next week so will be prepping and practicing most of the day tomorrow with one of my band mate’s. This has been such a great musical experience for me for so many reasons; this is the first time I am delving into singing since I am a drummer and a bassist. I feel more comfortable “behind the band” then front and center but it has really awoken my passion for music and the challenge so far has been very rewarding. Sunday will be nothing but cleaning the house and RELAXING!! Both DBF and I have been so busy lately with work and everything else that we decided to make it a snuggle movie marathon day!! My couch is calling my name and I can’t wait to just kick my feet up before another long week of work.

Today menu
B – 3eggs with little bit of soyrizo and pepperjack cheese.
L – Cobb salad with ranch
D – Not too sure yet since we will most likely be going out for dinner, but will either be a carb friendly salad or protein of some kind.
Again tons of water today, still been very thirsty
WORKOUT – 45min treadmill HIIT workout, keeping my heart rate between 140-170

Have a great weekend everyone, wishing everyone great success this weekend and tons of smiles!!

Last edited by Robofitz; 02-08-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Chelsey - wow down 17.8 pounds.. that is great....

well, on Wed and Thurs was pretty blue... and did not even go and do my WA....... first time in 34 days that I did not go... and fell off the wagan.... on Wed... ate ice cream and on Thurs. ate some pizza.... I know pretty bad.... but getting back on track again...

did 55 min of my WA this morning....... just wanted more weight off before I went to Michigan... but I guess 14 pounds is pretty good.. plus I do have 10 more days to lose some more weight....

hope everyone has a great day...

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Weighed in this morning up 1.2 pounds. Oh well I did not work out like I should have and that is what happens so........Today it was late but I got in and hour work out today for the first time since restarting. Did 222 floors, burned 800 calories and totaled 4.26 miles. Man it kicked my behind but felt great to get it done. Hope the scale will show me some love in the morning.

Robo: Good luck this weekend with the music. I have the musice abilty of a deaf mute cricket without any legs!!!! LOL

Pawleys: Slips happen that is for sure we all know that, but you are right back on plan and way to go for that

Chelsey: Awesome on 17.8 pounds down that is great. Keep up the good work.

Going to try and do weights tomorrow, that stair step cardio kicked my but today. Have to work tomorrow also and that will cut into my workout time. Have a great rest of the weekend.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
Good morning everyone. Happy Monday.

Chelsey - Good luck today with the exam!!! I'm thinking about you!!!

Kemp - Sorry the scale bounced up some. It's the downward trend that matters. Not one pesky WI. You are already a workout machine and it's only been 2 weeks. It's so impressive.

Pawley - It happens. Are you back on track now? If so, that's all that matters. It's the long term focus that is more important than the short term slips.

Robo - Your weekend sounds awesome. I have absolutely zero musical talent, but my husband is very talented. I'm always jealous of that. How'd the store opening go? How was the singing?

Katsue - Awesome job!!!!! 11 pounds is a fantastic first month WI!!!

So I was going to wait until after this weekend to start LC but didn't want to delay getting healthier just because I knew there would be a cheat almost right away. I'm soooo glad I stated last week. I did in fact cheat, and cheated worse than I wanted (2 days instead of 1), but I'm already back on track. I had built up a good footing and sense of motivation with LC again before I went off track, that it made it easy to get back on track today.

Today's menu:
B: shake/coffee
S: cream cheese muffin
L: ceasar salad w/ pulled pork
S: eggs - 2 scrambled w/ feta
D: bacon? I don't know. I just want some.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Pawley – hope you’re feeling better and the blue’s have gone away. Nice job getting back on track as we all have slipups, just matters how well you do getting back in the game. Sounds like you are on a good track.

Kemp – Sounds like you have a great mindset and not letting that 1.2lbs gain get you down. Bet your up because of your workout…you know the whole muscle weighing more than fat thing

Amber – Your menu looks great and way to go getting back on track

Did great this weekend even though I was busy. I drank a bit more wine that I needed to on Friday night but then I didn’t drink at all the rest of the weekend. Friends store opening was so much fun and my BF and I won a trip to Catalina Island in the raffle. That was unexpected but made the night so much more fun! Music went great Saturday and I am almost ready for this weekends recording session.

Let’s make this another great week of staying on plan!!

Todays menu
B – 3 eggs w/3 pieces bacon, water
L – 11 chicken wings
D – Either will be chicken breast with salad or ground turkey burrito bowl…not sure yet.
WORKOUT – Doing another 45minute’s HITT on the treadmill…this new routine has been kicking my butt and I am enjoying it a lot, so I will be doing it again today and most likely tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Hi all! Hope everyone had a great weekend...

Jenn: Sure sounds like you did!! Congrats on your weekend in Catalina!

Chels: I know you did great today!! We're all thinking about you!

Well, all I wanted to do was eat yesterday...literally finished one meal and started thinking about the next! Argh! Didn't do tooooo badly, although a little peanut butter and some almonds may have thrown me over my 20 carbs...I hadn't been super hungry for weeks. I did have 2 Mich Ultras on Saturday night...I think they may have put me in hungry mode yesterday!

We had a catered lunch today. I think I did pretty good...pulled pork, pulled chicken, a little mustard sauce and a tiny bit of cole slaw. Always makes me nervous when I don't make it myself though! Never know what hidden carbs are lurking!

On a bright note, after I finish my 5K running program tonight, I earn my "Halfway to 5K" badge...that makes me very happy!!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #286
Blabbermouth!!!

Awesome job Kat!!! I need to start that 5k program. I used mapmyrun to figure out the distance on a few neighborhood loops to start with.

Robo - Great work staying on plan and not drinking too much, even with your fun weekend. I would love a trip to Catalina!! Congratulations!!! Your menu sounds great. I vote for the burrito bowl.

The headaches are back. I obviously threw myself out of ketosis, just as I entered it. So the headache monster is here again. Sigh.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #287
Blabbermouth!!!

Robo -wow that is great on you winning a free trip to Catalina Island...

Katsue- good choices on your catered luncheon..... I know it is hard passing up all those goodies....

Amber - great job on getting back on track, but sorry you are having the headaches..... hope you feel better soon..

Kemp - wow I am impressed... all your exercise.. keep it up....

got up at 6:20am this morning and was in the pool at 6:50am and did 55 min of WA.... water felt good.... terrible day out... rainey and just dreary.....

B - one egg and bacon
L - 3 hot dogs - cucumbers and celery with 1 T. cream cheese
D - going to spoil myself tonight.... I have two lobster tails to cook....
and will have some green beans and cucumbers with them..... love lobster tails.....
Old 02-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Test is done (this morning!) and according to the "pearson vue trick", I PASSED! Basically its a pop up trick and if you get the right pop up message (as opposed to it letting you reregister for the exam) then you pass! It has been accurate for thousands of people, so I am hoping I am not the unlucky 0.0001%

Ill be back to post more tomorrow, with hopefully a license number and RN behind my name

Thanks for all the well wishes! Missed you guys this weekend while I was studying!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:45 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Chelsey: I am sure you passed, I bet you are glad that is done.

Amber: way to get back on track. That is the worst part about cheating, the short withdrawl to get back into ketosis. Sometimes thinking about that alone will keep me from cheating, or at least not cheating as badly as I could.

Robo: good job on the self control this weekend.

Katsue: Great job on your 5k badge

Pawleys:
Right back in the water that is the attitude to make it happen. and for 55 mins. that is awesome.

Worked out with a actuall trainer yesterday. Trying to do something on my off days of cardio. He busted my butt. Kept me for 1.5 hours. Sweated out my shirt and am loving it I am sore today that is for sure. However it was worth it as the scale droped off the gain from yesterday plus another two pounds. Down to 256!!!!

Well all goals reached this last week. I am going to do the same goals this week, as losing 4 pounds in the third week will be a little harder for sure, but hey that is the purpose of this to keep us accountable and pushing hard. And doing that trainer two times a week will should keep me focused and losing the weight.

Last edited by kempmuhlbauer; 02-12-2013 at 06:00 AM..
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!

Nurse Chelsey - Congratulations!! I'm sure you passed. You worked hard and I'm super proud of you!!!

Kemp - You are blowing this round of LC out of the water. Holy cow. Will you post some menus? You're mostly just meat, right?

Pawley - Good for you for treating yourself to something special!! We all deserve that from time to time. You've worked your booty off in those WA classes and have had a great first month on plan!!

Last night I was starving and ate 4 eggs and 5 slices of bacon for dinner. Ugh. I figure I'll go one or two more days of eating whatever and then try to reign it in some.

Today's plan is the same as yesterday. More coffee and cream, shake, salad w/ pulled pork, eggs and bacon, and cream cheese muffins. All sooooo yummy.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Katsue – I hate it when I get like that, so hungry and just can’t stop eating. I hope it’s better for you today, you mentioned you think it might be the ultra light beer. I notice when I drink wine I am the same way the following day. Great job staying on plan while having lunch catered and congrats on your halfway to 5k badge…that is AWESOME!!

Amber – sorry to hear you have sort of an induction flu, hope you start feeling good soon. I say eat if you’re hungry as long as you stay within your carb limit. I’m sure your hunger will start to stabilize soon. On another note, bacon and eggs for dinner is my favorite!!

Pawley – how are you feeling, hope the blues have gone away. You must be getting excited for your MI trip!! Awesome job keeping up with your WA and sorry to hear about the crappy weather. We have had some pretty icky weather here as of late too although I have no room to complain living in Southern Cali so I will just keep my mouth shut about that.

Chelsey – Great job!!! Really awesome news about the “person vue trick”!!! Sounds like you passed and I’m excited to hear the news once it’s all said and done. What a great rewarding field you chose to be in

Kemp – Woo hoo…you are on a losing roll. I agree with Amber, can you post some sample menus so we can see what you’re eating? I want some of that weight lose to come my way. Awesome job working with a trainer and hope you’re not horribly sore, although I kind of like it when I get sore like that. Lets me know something working.

Well folks, another day and another day sticken it to this fat!! I didn't drink alot of water yesterday so going to try and get that down today. Other than that, wishing all my peeps a wonderful day!!!

Todays menu
B - 3 eggs cooked in bacon grease, 3 slices bacon
L - slices of ham w/pepper jack cheese
S - Celery with cream cheese, plus pork rinds if needed
D - ground turky burrito bowl...I made chicken soap last night since my boo is super sick so burrito bowls tonight
WORKOUT - 45minute cardio HITT
Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for all the congrats from all of you. I am trying hard to drop it like it is, well FAT!!!

Amber here is my sample menu:
B: 2-3 eggs 1-3 pieces of bacon.
L: grilled chicken, mainly of legs and thighs with the skin on and seasoned well.
D: Grilled or pan fried pork chops, or lamb chop, or a ribeye steak. usaully over 3/4 pound portions. Sauted spinach usally a serving ever other dinner. Sometimes broccolli, or brussell sprouts.
Snacks: pork rinds, sugar free jello, proscuitto, smoke meats, sardines, and lots of stinky tasty cheese, blue chees and other ones that are harder and tastier.
Also I hate the hunger pains, I have been eating like crazy this time and still losing, I am staying well below 5 carbs a day. If it keeps working I am going to keep working it. Portions are starting to shrink as I go along, but still eat all day long.

Well I was so sore today I could not do my cardio, will do cardio tomorrow then another day with trainer on Thursday. Glad to see all doing well
Old 02-13-2013, 04:50 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Hi all. It has been a crazy 2 weeks at work and by the time I have a chance to check in at night I am exhausted.

Kemp-Great work! Looks like the VLC is working well for you.

Amber- induction flu is the worst. Keep on keeping on and soon it will be a thing of the past. I found that eating high fat tuna salad (1/2 mayo and 1/2 tuna) really helped kick up ketosis and shed the induction flu quick.

Chelsey-Congrats on passing the exam! You will be an amazing nurse! Keep up the good work with your menus....looks like you are dropping weight like crazy.

Pawley-Hope you are gearing up for your trip to see you grand kids and kids! Shouldn't be too long now!

Katsue- Awesome job keeping up with the C25K! Very inspiring....thinking I may try the program this fall after I (hopefully) shed 25-30lbs. Right now running would kill my knees. Love the pork rind idea....all the years I have been eating LC I have never tried the pork rind as bread coating.

Robofitz-Your menus looks great and the exercise is awesome. Keep it up!

As for me I weighed in on Monday at 193lbs. Which means since restarting after my slip over the holidays I have lost 12lbs. Today is going to be a planned cheat day for me....My class is playing in a special olympics basketball game and then out to Pizza. Since it is Ash Wednesday and I am fasting from meat, Pizza it is. Friday night my entire family is driving down from Ohio to celebrate my son's 2nd birthday. Going to try not to cheat....the birthday dinner is at my son's godmother's house...she is making a lasagna and a beef filet roast. The biggest obstacle will be sticking to 1 glass of wine and no cake.
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

This morning down another pound to 255. That is 19 pounds in 16 days so it is moving along nicely so far. Going to keep up the workouts and stay VLC. Still only counting carbs. I am eating at least 2000 carbs a day easily and it is still falling off. Hope to be in the 240's by the end of the month. Felt good this morning being down some.

Terra: enjoy ash Wensday as a cheat day you lucky dog. Good luck with the wine and no cake.

Menu schedule for today:
B-2 eggs and 2 strips bacon
L- left over grilled chicken thighs and leg
D - Grilled country style ribs and some riblets
Snacks: pork rinds and proscuitto and some cheese cubes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/195/145
WOE: JUDDD/(combined with WW-type foods)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Start JUDDD 8/18/2014 @ 209.8
Good morning everyone! Your menus all sound fantastic! I started reading through all the posts, and got hungry after reading about all your foods..........so I had to go and eat part of my breakfast.........(I'll save the other half for later this morning).

I did good last week. We ended up NOT going to the Chinese Buffet....instead we went to a Steakhouse .........so that was a no-brainer! I stayed on plan........yay!

Still not dropping any more weight..........I am fluctuating between 206 and 207 all week - (and strangely I realized that during these days of NOT losing......I have been eating 3 bigger meals again rather than splitting up my meals)........I slid back into my old habits. I need to get back to eating smaller portions, more often throughout the day.

And this morning I was 208, but I know it is all water......so it doesn't upset me because it's not a "real" gain! I have real bad edema/swelling since my pregnancies years ago, and if I don't drink tons of water, it shows up as swelling the next day. I retained allot from yesterday, because I was so busy at work, I just never stopped to take a break, or get a drink of water, or anything! And I knew it this morning......fingers and ankles are all swollen. So today's goal is to drink, drink, drink, and drink some more until I float out of the office ! And I need to eat more often during the day.........more like "grazing" all day long. THAT seems to work for me! (I just get so busy at work that I forget to eat and drink my water...........and all of a sudden I look at the clock, and I realize that 6 hours has gone by without ANY food or drink.............that usually spells trouble for me)!

Keep up the great work everyone. I haven't been posting much lately, but it's only because I have been extremely busy both in the office and out! No time for anything!

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes for my husband. He is doing great since his surgery, and should be back up and around in no time once his knee heals.

Congrats to all of you on your hard work, and to many of you that are losing weight very successfully! It's inspirational to hear that the diet works. Sometimes I lose faith, because I am a verrrrrrrry sloooooooow loser.....so I have to keep reminding myself that it works............I just have to be patient! Grrrr!

Today's menu:
5am - Atkins shake, coffee with cream and splenda
7:30am - 1 egg scrambled w/ 1/2 slice of cheese, 1/2 piece of bacon
9:30am - 1 egg scrambled w/ 1/2 slice of cheese, 1/2 piece of bacon
12 noon - burger with cheese-(eat till satisfied), salad with ranch dressing
3 pm - shake or rest of burger from lunch if there's leftovers -(only if needed)
6 pm - Atkin's dinner (one of the frozen entrees for portion contol), salad
7:30 pm - snack (if needed)
Workout: Not sure if I will have time.....depends on how late I get home tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on Atkins, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back (225) when I stopped doing low-carb. Did WW (225 - 209.8)/Started JUDDD 8/18/14 @ 209.8 lbs!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all...today is a quick post for me since I have a busy work day! I'm going to Vegas next weekend so starting today I am going to eat as low carb as possible, sticking to eggs, meat and cheese only. I bought a couple fitted dresses for the trip and although they look good already, I want to be a little slimmer so I feel more comfortable in them!

Have a great day everyone!!

Today menu
B - was really hungry this morning so had 4 eggs, cheddar cheese, 3 slices of bacon
L - ground turkey with 1 slice melted pepper jack cheese
D - Wings with ranch dressing
WORKOUT = 45minutes circuit training w/weights doing mainly compound moves, keeping heart rate between 140-170 entire time.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Robo - How do you make your burrito bowl? I hope your BF is better today. And yay for vegas. The meat/egg thing is a good idea. I'm going to join you tomorrow with a leaner menu as well.

Linda - I'm so glad you checked in. Hang in there with the scale. I've read that it slows down majorly when we approach 200 for some awful reason. So keep doing the right things and I'm sure you'll be rewarded soon. Also, another thought is that it may be the calories that matter more at this point for you. Have you run your total calories to see where you're falling? Just guessing, but I bet your day is 1800+. It may be that you need to stay closer to 1600 now. You're getting all skinny on us!!

Kemp - I'm seriously impressed. You are killing it. Didn't you fall off the wagon around 230? You're getting close to your old numbers now.

Terra - Enjoy the pizza, Valentine's Day, and your son's birthday. You've done an amazingly awesome job getting back on track after the holidays and seeing so many new lows.

Scale didn't move today. I'm going to finish off the cream cheese muffins and enjoy today, but tomorrow I'm watching my intake like a hawk. I'm not going to count calories, but I plan on sticking closer to meat/eggs and less cheese/cream.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

Terra - hope your DS birthday is great.. he is darling....

Linda - yes, sometimes I forget to drink my water... so I try to always have my glass filled with ice and water......

Chelsey - wow your passed WTG....

Kemp - that is great working out with a trainer... hope you are not so sore today..... and down to 356 WTG

Amber - I know that you were doing JUDDD... I think I want to try that.... will start a DD today.... I lost 14 pounds the first two weeks in Jan. doing Atkins - but nothing since.. so want to change it up a bit...

I know that when I go to Michigan I will not be able to keep that up... hard with eating with my family... but will watch what I eat.... and then will really start JUDDD when I get back on March 5th.... just hope y'all will still let me post in this thread.... y'all are a great support group and I sure do not want to lose that.... (want to lose only weight )

hope everyone has a great day.....
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
Robo - How do you make your burrito bowl? I hope your BF is better today. And yay for vegas. The meat/egg thing is a good idea. I'm going to join you tomorrow with a leaner menu as well.
Thanks Amber, he is starting to feel much better, I just hope I dont get it but so far so good. Burrito bowl is so easy, I cook up a bunch of ground turkey with olive oil and throw green onion, freash cilantro and tons of garlic in it while cooking. Once cooked layer the following into a bowl and bam...burrito bowl. Very filling and yummy, plus my DBF loves it and I normally make him some black beans for his bowl.

Chopped up romaine lettuce
ground turkey
chopped up tomato chunks
Sour cream
a little shredded cheese
Cholula optional, but I use it for an extra flavor kick.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Robo! That sounds really good. I love anything Mexican. I'm glad your BF is feeling better. DS has been on/off sick for a week and I keep praying it doesn't hit me too.

Pawley - are you staying LC with JUDDD or just switching to JUDDD? When I switched and allowed carbs, I gained for like 2 days and then lost back to my starting weight pretty fast. But I didn't have any real weight loss after that. When I did JUDDD and LC together, I lost very well. No matter what you decide, of course you can post here. We need your support too!!!