Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Double Down cheeseburger (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/793101-double-down-cheeseburger.html)

mspartytime 01-05-2013 05:06 PM

Double Down cheeseburger

I was out and about today and got caught without anything to eat when lunch came around. So I stopped at Wendys and got the kids food and got myself 2 jr. bacon cheeseburger and took off the buns. I used the patties in place of the buns and put all the toppings in the middle of them. It was delicious.

I heard that some people bring oopsie rolls with them when they go out. Does anyone have any low carb fast food suggestions or ideas you want to share?

nevadagirl 01-05-2013 05:10 PM

Wendy's is one of the only fast food restaurants that I have found I can ask them to hold the bun without any problems...Love it!!

Psmileyf 01-05-2013 05:29 PM

Your double down JBC is known as the "Paula" in my group of friends because that is what I do!

mspartytime 01-05-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psmileyf (Post 16174163)
Your double down JBC is known as the "Paula" in my group of friends because that is what I do!

:hyst: Oh wow! I hope to one day be so lucky as to have people name a sandwich after me :jumpjoy:

Jennifer

mspartytime 01-05-2013 05:37 PM

BTW paula, you look fabulous! I love seeing success stories like yours. Great job!

Psmileyf 01-05-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mspartytime (Post 16174171)
:hyst: Oh wow! I hope to one day be so lucky as to have people name a sandwich after me :jumpjoy:

Jennifer

I was a little embarrassed at first. I'm hanging with ladies who eat salads for lunch and I'm eating something so weird they give it a nickname. But now I am proud!

And thank you for the compliment. It took me many years to get to a point I am happy with myself!

LiterateGriffin 01-07-2013 03:31 AM

lol

OK... sometimes you just feel like a burger, so that's what you do, and that's fine.

BUT... Wendy's actually has a fabulous SALAD that I love! The "BLT-Cobb". It has bacon, egg, blue cheese crumbles, and an "Avocado-Ranch" dressing that's actually low-carb and made from real foods, not chemicals! Oh, yeah -- and the salad has grilled chicken. lol I was really amazed the first time I ordered it! LOVE this salad!

When I end up eating fast food, a burger-hold the bun -- is usually my meal of choice. I like to order the bacon-burger if there's one available. Yesterday, though, at Hardee's, there was a mushroom-swiss that I had, just because mushrooms sounded so good. THey were served in this thick... SAUCE... that I'm positive was full of starch. So "never again" on the mushrooms for me. That'll probably extend to ALL fast-food places: Safer to stick to bacon.

NoSunNoFun 01-07-2013 06:29 AM

I eat at Carls Jr. quite often. I am always in ketosis on the morning tinkle check ;)
What I get and its very yummy...

Carls Jr: Low carb chicken club. They wrap it in lettuce. Amazing!!!
In and out: protein style double cheese burger hold the ketsup, mustard only extra extra onion *sorry hubby lol*

2f2f 01-07-2013 08:45 AM

Jack In the Box has grilled chicken tenders that are yummy.

Mistizoom 01-07-2013 04:22 PM

Culver's, located mostly in the midwest, is also great about "no bun".

mspartytime 01-07-2013 05:06 PM

GEez we don't have a Culver's, Jack in the box or Carl's Jr. Sounds like NC needs to get with it lol

Trillex 01-07-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistizoom (Post 16179212)
Culver's, located mostly in the midwest, is also great about "no bun".

Culver's is so heavenly, I'm pretty sure it's where angels go to spend their afterlife! If I'd ever lived near a Culver's, I'm pretty sure I would have started this diet at well over 300 pounds.

NoSunNoFun 01-07-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trillex (Post 16179375)
Culver's is so heavenly, I'm pretty sure it's where angels go to spend their afterlife! If I'd ever lived near a Culver's, I'm pretty sure I would have started this diet at well over 300 pounds.

LOL, you crack me up Trillex!

shelby'snana 01-07-2013 08:52 PM

LG - is BLT - Cobb on the menu just like that ?? We don't have a Wendy's close by, but when we go shopping there's some......will have to try that !

eterprincess 01-09-2013 09:27 AM

the five guys by me just started offering burgers without the buns in bowls, makes a good alternative. They usualyl dont have a problem removing the bun, it just can be messy if its without buns and only wrapped in tinfoil

socaligirl714 01-09-2013 02:35 PM

i ususally get a burger and ask for no bun or some places will actually lettuce wrap even if its not on the menu..

the Jack in the box by me i ask them for no bun and extra lettuce and they will put alot of shredded lettuce on top of my burger like a salad...

eterprincess 01-09-2013 03:08 PM

IF you have a red Robin, they have a lettuce wrap your burger, which from the atkins scan thingy its 6gms of carbs. comes with a side salad instead of fries

LiterateGriffin 01-10-2013 10:27 AM

Yes, that BLT-Cobb is right off the menu. Just make sure you specify grilled chicken, not crispy. (Comes both ways.)

It's probably the best, most satisfying, and most LC-friendly fast-food salad I've ever seen! I was in heaven when I discovered it!!

shelby'snana 01-11-2013 01:36 PM

thanks LG, just might try that tomorrow when I'm near one !

erinisme 01-20-2013 04:57 PM

I had a really good salad at Burger King yesterday. Grilled chicken ceasAr with avocado ranch. Lots of sliced parm, croutons come on side

mspartytime 01-21-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinisme (Post 16208571)
I had a really good salad at Burger King yesterday. Grilled chicken ceasAr with avocado ranch. Lots of sliced parm, croutons come on side

Man that sounds awesome. I will have to get to a Burger King this week :yummy:

goldgirl24 01-21-2013 02:10 PM

My go-to burger joint is Five Guys.

I always get the cheeseburger no bun.

Delicious

blondie60923 01-25-2013 09:32 AM

When I go to Wendy's, I ask for the burger to be wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun and it's no problem. So yummy!

pawleys14 01-28-2013 07:44 AM

Leterate - I researched Wendys for carb counts...

:stars::stars:

one site said - BLT Cobb was 20 carbs... another said 13 w/3 fiber
another one - 9 ....... what do you count it as????

Avocado ranch was 2 carbs...

thanks..... I hope that my Wendys has this salad... sound wonderful...

Big Stevie 01-28-2013 04:18 PM

Just ask them to lettuce wrap it for you and keep the bun. I haven't had one place refuse yet. If you get it with a bun, half the darn cheese sticks to the bun and you can't eat it.

adiasmc1 02-06-2013 10:07 AM

From Wendy's Website:

Chicken BLT Salad with Grilled Chicken and Avocado Ranch Dressing

Half size:

Cal - 300
Fat - 21
Carbs - 7
Fiber - 2
protein - 23

Full size:

Cal - 600
Fat - 41
Carbs - 13
Fiber - 3
protein - 45

pawleys14 02-06-2013 04:57 PM

thanks for the info.......

Bethanyblondie 02-19-2013 11:12 AM

I often get a bunless McDouble from McDonald's and a side salad off the dollar menu. Don't get their ranch, though, it's super high in carbs. Their balsamic vinegarette is only 3 carbs (the ranch is NINE! WTH???)

TheSouthernPrincess 02-19-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bethanyblondie (Post 16267673)
I often get a bunless McDouble from McDonald's and a side salad off the dollar menu. Don't get their ranch, though, it's super high in carbs. Their balsamic vinegarette is only 3 carbs (the ranch is NINE! WTH???)

I know!! I went McDonald's yesterday and got the bacon and cheese angus, hold the bun and condiments, with a side salad instead of fries and I couldn't believe the carbs in the dressing! I ended up not eating the salad because my thought was if I'm going to eat all those carbs in a salad, I might as well eat something tastier ;) dove chocolates only have 4g in one piece (4.8 - 1g fiber), not that I eat the chocolate (wouldn't be able to stop at 1), but the principle is there lol