Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoSunNoFun
Stats: 157.5/142.2/135.0 (5'3)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8-10-2014
Seaweed Snacks

Any one else on the seaweed boat?

Annie Chun's Seaweed Snacks, Cracked Pepper and Herbs are the best snack around if you like seaweed Just purchaced 24 of these little gems via Amazon. Netrition does not carrie the flavor I want :'(

Any one know just how healthy seaweed is to eat? I eat a pack a day lol. I might even have two sometimes
NoSunNoFun is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
I just placed an order for some low carb stuff from Low Carb Canada (Since I'm Canadian :P ) and I ordered 3 flavours of those snacks to try.
Avy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I have tried the wasabie.. way way to spicy. The sesame, not bad.. The brown sugar and cinn is very low carb but way to sweet. The cracked pepper and herb is not like seaweed at all more like a very thin chip. I LOVE THEM!! lol. I htought I saw BBQ somewhere online but I could not find it to order. Let me know what you think when they come in. My local store is sold out, thanks to me so I have to wait for my shipment. I also did a special order at the market but they were not a huge fan of that so might not be able to get them in buik anywhere but online. Enjoy!! I am forever sold on the little green sheets <3
Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSunNoFun View Post
Any one else on the seaweed boat?

Annie Chun's Seaweed Snacks, Cracked Pepper and Herbs are the best snack around if you like seaweed Just purchaced 24 of these little gems via Amazon. Netrition does not carrie the flavor I want :'(

Any one know just how healthy seaweed is to eat? I eat a pack a day lol. I might even have two sometimes
I love seaweed chips! BUT Annie Chun's uses MSG, which contributes to insulin resistance. So I buy a Korean brand from the market that uses no MSG or sugar in their processing. Just FYI...
Trillex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
I love seaweed chips! BUT Annie Chun's uses MSG, which contributes to insulin resistance. So I buy a Korean brand from the market that uses no MSG or sugar in their processing. Just FYI...
ACK!!! Omg I had no idea What on the earth am I a going to do with 24 packs of this stuff .
Always the stuff I like I cannot have...
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: biggestloser
Stats: High Weight 244 in Feb 06, Current:212/205/190
Start Date: December 18th, 2012
I love seaweed! I've bought the teriyaki toasted nori strips in the past from Asian markets. Is this the same thing? I totally love sushi rolls, not sure how I will fit that into a low carb diet.
biggestloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSunNoFun View Post
ACK!!! Omg I had no idea What on the earth am I a going to do with 24 packs of this stuff .
Always the stuff I like I cannot have...
I don't think MSG is *that bad*, really. From what I've read, it increases insulin resistance. Since one of the advantages/purposes of low-carb eating is to lower the body's level of insulin in order to allow the cells to recover from overexposure to insulin and to recover their sensitivity to the hormone, I've tried to avoid MSG and any foods that will work against this purpose. But a lot of processed foods contain MSG and, as far as I know, there aren't any documented problems with people eating it while on a low-carb diet. I just thought I would mention the MSG, in case you were interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestloser View Post
I love seaweed! I've bought the teriyaki toasted nori strips in the past from Asian markets. Is this the same thing? I totally love sushi rolls, not sure how I will fit that into a low carb diet.
I get the Korean version, which is called "kim," but I think it's the same stuff as Japanese "nori." Thin, crispy strips of dried seaweed. The little packets I buy contain 1g carbs and 1g fiber for the packet of 20 strips.
Trillex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to look for some version of them at the Asian market I frequent. It would be nice to have access to a little crunchy something to eat with dips sometimes.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:45 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lewlew48
seaweed/msg

MSG and corn oil and sugar are big no no's for me which is why I switched to Sea Snax brand instead. You can order them at Netrition or get them at Whole Foods or directly from the manufacturer which I prefer (they have great customer service) I love the Wasabi the best and have to hide them from my husband as he can down several snack packs at once!
lewlew48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntombi View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to look for some version of them at the Asian market I frequent. It would be nice to have access to a little crunchy something to eat with dips sometimes.
If you try to dip these into a dip they will disolve. They are far to thin.. like rice paper. Try them though they are worth a try and are fairly cheep. The brand I was talking about has been on sale for 129.00 a pack at my local store
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiterateGriffin
Stats: 236.5 start (Jan 2012) /214.9/150 goal 5'9", 44 yr
WOE: Atkins (though I think a fairly early version)
Start Date: Jan 6 2012
I love me some seaweed! Like Trillex said, I stick to the Korean, not the Japanese, as it's friendlier to LC. (Japanese seasoned nori is usually sweetened, but Korean seasoned seaweed is not -- or so I read somewhere, a while back.)

I love this stuff... When I just want something to munch on -- usually feels like wanting something crunchy and salty, but not really being "hungry" -- these are perfect. They give me both those things, along with some great nutrients, but negligible carbs and very few calories per serving.

What's annoying, though, is when I bring seaweed for me, and the kids steal it, instead! ~chuckles~

I'm on a seaweed "Kick" right now... and I think I'm going to go have a packet before bed.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

No msg it says right on the package of my beloved seaweed snacks
Thank GOD because I have 38 packs left.. lol.
LOVE THEM!