Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Super Stall, and buy super I mean 2 months. Input? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/792846-super-stall-buy-super-i-mean-2-months-input.html)

Nikku 01-05-2013 04:29 AM

Super Stall, and buy super I mean 2 months. Input?
 
So after seventy pounds down at just twenty more to go, I've found myself at a super stall, almost eight weeks of no weight loss (177 eight weeks ago 175 (roughly) now). That being said my current diet consists of
  1. Breakfast: meat and only meat whether it be plain chicken/beef/sausage/pork/etc
  2. Lunch: read above but maybe with some cheese
  3. Dinner: read above
  4. snack: microwaved pepperonis or bacon.

My total caloric intake never breaks 1800 and never drops below 1500, in addition i consume less than 5g of total carbohydrates a day and cook in oil to ensure my meals have a little extra fat to them, especially my chicken.

So at this point I'm getting frustrated, I'm so close to my goal that I can taste it. My body is finally fitting into all those clothes that I wanted to before but this stall is really punching me in the face, any tips on what to do?

jacquirsw 01-05-2013 05:20 AM

it may be that your protein level has now got to the point where it is too high and you may need to up the ratio of fat to protein, or even add in a few more carbs in terms of green leafy veg.

Nikku 01-05-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquirsw (Post 16172695)
it may be that your protein level has now got to the point where it is too high and you may need to up the ratio of fat to protein, or even add in a few more carbs in terms of green leafy veg.

I was thinking that, but after I upped my fat intake to almost 65% (this was extremely hard to do, i pretty much ate ground beef and strained little fat off, using the rest with chili powder to make sauce, etc, every day for a few days along with bacon and burgers with mayo) I still saw no change. I have no read the Atkin's books and I know at a certain time its best to go with a different diet, is that time now?

jacquirsw 01-05-2013 09:16 AM

I would shake it up. Our bodies get complacent when we give them the same things over and over. Add some carbs, try different meals. Make sure you are taking a good vitamin/mineral supplement as if you are not then it could be that your body is rebelling. There is nothing to prove that people have to change diets to lose weight sometimes it is just about working through it even if it takes time and staying true to what you know has worked. It could be that after such a dramatic loss that your body needs some time to just recoop before it starts losing the rest.

LastRick 01-05-2013 09:21 AM

First off, I'd echo the other user above me: my guess is your protein is way too high. At a weight of 175, you probably need 60 to 65 grams of protein a day. (Google around for a protein calculator but basically it's your weight divided by 2.2 to find daily needs.) If you want to be at 155 pounds, you're going to need even less protein there.

So, if you're eating a couple of sausage patties (or some other meat equivalent) at every meal and having a snack of pepperoni, I wouldn't be surprised if your protein count is closer to 80 or 100. Just my guess but why not actually log the protein for a couple of days to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikku (Post 16172760)
I was thinking that, but after I upped my fat intake to almost 65% (this was extremely hard to do, ...

I eat a fat percentage of about 65% every day and the way I keep it high (with little difficulty) is with avocados, oil and nuts. Have you tried these? Have you tried an Atkins Fat Fast to jump start you?

Keep at it though!

LastRick 01-05-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquirsw (Post 16173091)
I would shake it up. Our bodies get complacent when we give them the same things over and over. Add some carbs, try different meals. Make sure you are taking a good vitamin/mineral supplement...

I'd echo these as well (except possibly adding extra carbs, a last resort). Make sure you're getting your vitamins/minerals and maybe shake things up with a Stillman's or Intermittent Fast day?

Nikku 01-05-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastRick (Post 16173125)
First off, I'd echo the other user above me: my guess is your protein is way too high. At a weight of 175, you probably need 60 to 65 grams of protein a day. (Google around for a protein calculator but basically it's your weight divided by 2.2 to find daily needs.) If you want to be at 155 pounds, you're going to need even less protein there.

So, if you're eating a couple of sausage patties (or some other meat equivalent) at every meal and having a snack of pepperoni, I wouldn't be surprised if your protein count is closer to 80 or 100. Just my guess but why not actually log the protein for a couple of days to see.



I eat a fat percentage of about 65% every day and the way I keep it high (with little difficulty) is with avocados, oil and nuts. Have you tried these? Have you tried an Atkins Fat Fast to jump start you?

Keep at it though!

I have never tried a fat fast and I'll try that! Also, I have been consuming a large amount of protein since its the cheaper way to do it, but I'll be sure to up my fat intake and try this fat fast to jump start me. Also, I do take a daily multi-vitamin with an atkins shake every morning. Thanks for all the great ideas everyone. :)

Mumasatus 01-13-2013 08:02 PM

I'd lose the shake, for sure.

lowcarbella 01-14-2013 06:14 AM

lose the shake and if it still wont work,fat fast for a few days,then go back to induction with a lower protein intake.

Mimosa23 01-15-2013 05:36 AM

I agree with everything suggested.

- lose the non-foods (shakes, etc)
- up your fats
- reduce your protein
- eat some leafy vegetables

other suggestions:
Make sure you drink enough.

You could replace meat with eggs: more fat less protein.
Chicken is very high in protein.
Choose fatty cuts of meat.
Eat some butter with your vegetables.
Check for hidden sugars in your pepperoni and bacon and other cured meats and your mayo as well.
Add some cheese, especially hard cheeses like parmesan have high fat to protein ratio.
Like LastRick said, avocados are a great way of upping your fat ratios, and they are healthy and delicious too! (there is a thread in the main lobby called Guacamole anyone? which has some great avocado suggestions, very yummy!)

And how tall are you? Looking at your stats, you seem to be on the last leg of your weightloss yourney, which may just mean that it will take longer to get the last 20lbs off. However frustrating that may be! Are you exercising? And have you measured yourself? You may actually not be losing any weight but you may be losing inches...

Let us know how you get on...

Good luck,
xxx


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:07 AM.