Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Woohoo wtg Jennifer!!!

Slow and steady is ok for me.im making far bombs to have, meals are planned for the weekend. Hubby will not derail me lol I told him no dates this weekend just family time
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mspartytime
Stats: 248/240/155
WOE: ATkins induction
Start Date: started induction 12/27/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2f2f View Post
WTG mspartytime! Losses are always awesome. My January goal was to be at 245.5 by the end of the month and I hit that today! I can't wait to see where I end up on January 31!
Monica: Great Job! SOunds like your end of the month weigh-in is already a win.
mspartytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnurse View Post
Woohoo wtg Jennifer!!!

Slow and steady is ok for me.im making far bombs to have, meals are planned for the weekend. Hubby will not derail me lol I told him no dates this weekend just family time
The fat bombs were the saving grace for me last week. Made me feel like I was indulging just a bit. I made them with cream cheese, stevia, coconut oil. Then I dropped them on cupcake papers and stuck them in the freezer for about 30 minutes. meanwhile I melted sugar free chocolate and natural PB and then dropped the cream cheese blobs in. I then fished them out after they were good and coated and put them back in the cupcake papers and froze them. They remind me of the frozen cheese cake bites that Philadelphia used to make. It helps me with my ice cream cravings too as I eat them frozen.

What recipe are you using for yours?

12/27/2012: 248
1/4/2013: 241
1/11/2013: 240
1/18/2013: 238

Children are a blessing from God.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Another great no-cheat day for me except for the diet Coke which people say can stall your weight loss. Seems we have been missing a few people who started with us. Hoping everyone is doing well today.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspartytime View Post
The fat bombs were the saving grace for me last week. Made me feel like I was indulging just a bit. I made them with cream cheese, stevia, coconut oil. Then I dropped them on cupcake papers and stuck them in the freezer for about 30 minutes. meanwhile I melted sugar free chocolate and natural PB and then dropped the cream cheese blobs in. I then fished them out after they were good and coated and put them back in the cupcake papers and froze them. They remind me of the frozen cheese cake bites that Philadelphia used to make. It helps me with my ice cream cravings too as I eat them frozen.

What recipe are you using for yours?
that sounds great I need to try our version. I made the standard ones and thought they tasted good but really greasy

However , i derailed myself ugh weekends are tough for me.the kids wanted buttermilk biscuits with dinner. I couldn't resist and ate two blargh
Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,
The popcorn got me again too. The kids and the hubby had a movie night last night complete with popcorn. We own a commercial popcorn machine for our party rental business so the popcorn is everybit as good and (bad for me) as the movie theatre kind. I have found my one true weakness. And I can't find an lc sub. If I can't muster up some will power I may have to ban it from the house all together.

I made chicken tostadas this morning and they looked so pretty I took a picture. How kind of me to share

Menu today will be
Breakfast: chicken tostadas (microwave cheese chips as the shell)
Lunch: Same
Dinner: spinach and mushroom lasagna probably or more chicken tostadas (they are so yummy)
Snacks: going to make some boiled eggs

Where has everyone been?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Oh my those tostadas look yummy! What did you use for the base?? yummos!

I lost five lbs from wednesday! WOOHO!! Now, to lose the other pound I gained from my terrific fabulous party weekend last weekend! lol...when will I ever learn?!?

I have motivation though....I am going home at some point in late april...and a "friend" is picking me up from the airport...omg he is so amazing HOT! lol...He hasn't physically seen me since hs...and that was a lifetime ago!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I'm going to a birthday party, bringing my own food and going to walk some country back roads!
pibble mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Oh that's great motivation pibble!

Ms party, those look delicious!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Pibble mama: I put some shredded fiesta blend cheese in a small pile on some parchment paper and stuck it in the microwave for 50 seconds. It makes a crunchy cheese like chip that I use for a lot of my mexican stuff. If you spread the cheese out a bit and microwave it for a little less time you can fold it your mexican filling like a taco. Once the cheese chip cools completely it is crunchy.

Hot guy is definitely motivation too. lol Have fun
Old 01-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Another fabulous day. I love the LC life. FOrtunately the popcorn incident didn't throw me completely out of ketosis as I am still showing Ketones all day today. I was out today shopping at around lunch so I stopped by and got 2 jr. cheeseburgers minus ketchup and mustard and had them add mayo. I took off the buns and used the meat patties to hold all the toppings in the middle. Kept the wrapper wrapped around it while I ate though cause it was pretty greasy. Eating more Chicken tostadas for dinner. They are my new addiction I think. so yummy

I guess I am starting to show a little weightloss as my husband has been calling me hottie all day

btw pibble mama: Congrats on the 5lb loss. Thats awesome. I am hoping if I have a completely cheat free week I will start losing the big numbers again. That darn popcorn

Last edited by mspartytime; 01-19-2013 at 03:29 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

SUndays are hard only cause I usually don't get breakfast. And I am starving by lunch.
Breakfast today: Coffee with heavy cream and splenda
Lunch: spinach and mushroom lasagna
Dinner: more chicken tostadas with guacamole
Snacks: boiled eggs and maybe some bacon or fat bomb. I made the ones that are supposed to taste like caramel last night but they DON'T taste like caramel. Not sure if I like them yet or not haha.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Pibble mama: I put some shredded fiesta blend cheese in a small pile on some parchment paper and stuck it in the microwave for 50 seconds. It makes a crunchy cheese like chip that I use for a lot of my mexican stuff. If you spread the cheese out a bit and microwave it for a little less time you can fold it your mexican filling like a taco. Once the cheese chip cools completely it is crunchy.

Hot guy is definitely motivation too. lol Have fun
Oh, I'm going to do this for breakfast nachos! I'm getting tired of scrambled eggs! lol
And I'm going to try to make the cheesecake fatbombs...though when i made the cheesecake muffins....I ate them ALL in two days! NOT a good idea!

Quote:
Another fabulous day. I love the LC life. FOrtunately the popcorn incident didn't throw me completely out of ketosis as I am still showing Ketones all day today. I was out today shopping at around lunch so I stopped by and got 2 jr. cheeseburgers minus ketchup and mustard and had them add mayo. I took off the buns and used the meat patties to hold all the toppings in the middle. Kept the wrapper wrapped around it while I ate though cause it was pretty greasy. Eating more Chicken tostadas for dinner. They are my new addiction I think. so yummy

I guess I am starting to show a little weightloss as my husband has been calling me hottie all day

btw pibble mama: Congrats on the 5lb loss. Thats awesome. I am hoping if I have a completely cheat free week I will start losing the big numbers again. That darn popcorn
I love to get dbl qtr pounders w cheese no toppins or bun! I know it probably isn't ideal....but they are good!

woohoo! Go on with the HOTTIE comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnurse View Post
that sounds great I need to try our version. I made the standard ones and thought they tasted good but really greasy

However , i derailed myself ugh weekends are tough for me.the kids wanted buttermilk biscuits with dinner. I couldn't resist and ate two blargh
Buscuits are hard! Don't beat yourself up though! You have been doing really good! Just hop right back on track.

I was down another 2.5 this morning....so getting closer! I'd like to get to 275 or less by the month's end! i think i can.....i think i can....i think i can.....

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pibble mama View Post
I was down another 2.5 this morning....so getting closer! I'd like to get to 275 or less by the month's end! i think i can.....i think i can....i think i can.....

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Way to go. You are doing great! I agree about the fat bombs. They are so yummy I have to limit myself to 1 or maybe 2 a day. haha
Old 01-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

So we didn't do much school today except watch a Martin Luther King Jr. documentary My sister brought her son over to play with my kids and we spent half the day hanging out on the porch, talking and drinking coffee. What a nice lazy day.

Breakfast: peppers, onions, spinach, sausage and cheese omelet.
late lunch/ dinner: SPinach and mushroom lasagna
Snacks: coffee and more coffee today lol

COm'on girls! Where are those delicious daily/weekly menus? I get so inspired reading what everyone is making. If anyone has fallen off the wagon, jump back on. There is no judgement here. I have obviously had many blips in my history. We can do this. I want to be at goal by November so I won't be embarrassed in my DIsney World Vacation photos. I need you ladies. We can do this
Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

So are any of you guys taking vitamins and/or supplements on LC? Just curious, I am only taking a daily multivitamin but wondered if I should be supplementing with something else since we aren't eating fruit?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So are any of you guys taking vitamins and/or supplements on LC? Just curious, I am only taking a daily multivitamin but wondered if I should be supplementing with something else since we aren't eating fruit?
I take B12, biotin and a 5htp (i think that's what it's called) I'm bad about remembering to take them! I want to start on L carnitine...but it has to be taken regularly!

Quote:
So we didn't do much school today except watch a Martin Luther King Jr. documentary My sister brought her son over to play with my kids and we spent half the day hanging out on the porch, talking and drinking coffee. What a nice lazy day.

Breakfast: peppers, onions, spinach, sausage and cheese omelet.
late lunch/ dinner: SPinach and mushroom lasagna
Snacks: coffee and more coffee today lol

COm'on girls! Where are those delicious daily/weekly menus? I get so inspired reading what everyone is making. If anyone has fallen off the wagon, jump back on. There is no judgement here. I have obviously had many blips in my history. We can do this. I want to be at goal by November so I won't be embarrassed in my DIsney World Vacation photos. I need you ladies. We can do this
I can't believe you had school? All the schools around here were out! Which was good as I am sick!

I love Disney! I'm jealous! I want to go again so bad...i used to work for them when i lived in Florida and was there all the time! lol...best place ever!

Ok, menus today:
B. scrambled eggs, sausage, jalapenos and chipotle gouda on cheese crisps w/ sour cream and avocado
Coffee w/ coconut creamer

S. Hot dog w/ piece of cheese

D. Chicken thigh (cooked w/ mayo and parm as a crust) zucchini noodles w/ butter and parmesan cheese

I am making cheesecake/fat bombs that I will dip in coconut chocolate bark and store in the freezer....I NEED to be drinking water...I know i am dehydrated from this head cold!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Pibble mama: So sorry to hear you are sick. Around here we all have the runny/stuffy nose and the watery goopy eyes. I heard the L-carnitine helps regulate blood sugar too. I have wondered about that supplement. Let me know if you start using it and how it works for you. I need to get more stuff to make the fat bombs as I am down to my last one today. Eating chicken tostadas right now. A really late dinner. haha
Old 01-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

I am starting to become one of the LC freaks who have to spread the word about my new found freedom from carbs. My sister came over today and I just wanted to talk about the delicious food I have been eating the whole day. Then my dad called from Florida and I talked to him about it. HE is on Weight Watchers again. I just cant seem to come down from my lc high. I will have run off all my friends before I am done with this. But I will be goooorgeous.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Way to go mspartytime! You are doing awesome!

Hope everyone else is having as great of a time! I know I am!

Happy Tuesday and Happy Low carbing!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Today was a boring menu. I have been having some stomach issues. I think the early onset of a stomach bug. This morning I had made 3 scrambled eggs but couldn't finish it. I didn't have lunch cause I felt ill and then I had a few bites of my spinach and mushroom lasagna thing just because the ketone type taste in my mouth from not eating almost all day was making me gag. Tonight I am sitting hear drinking me a decaf coffee with heavy cream trying to get warm and feeling miserable.The ketone strip today was the darkest I had ever seen and all I really did was drink water all day so I know it wasn't dehydration. Maybe this sickness will show me a loss on the scale this week.

Have a blessed day all,
Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

I am sure this is posted somewhere but what exactly is a Fat Bomb?

Jennifer - I really hope you start feeling better! I forgot about your Tostata's they really do look amazing - I think I'm going to make them this weekend!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday! Keep on keeping on!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Monica, Here is the link to the thread someone gave me. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l-my-life.html These things have saved me on those rare days I feel like I HAVE to have something sweet. I feel way better today
Old 01-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Hi all,
Yesterday wasn't that great for me. I felt awful all day. Then last night after nearly a whole day of not eating I suddenly wanted something warm, minty and creamy and made me some blended coffee with coconut oil and a tbsp of mint chocolate chips (induction no-no). It didn't throw me out of ketosis I guess because I had barely ate all day and had some "run-to-the-bathroom" stomach issues yesterday. I am hoping for a good on-plan day today as I feel a whole lot better and got about 10 hours of sleep last night.

Breakfast: some chicken and peppers
Lunch: Probably a can of tuna or 2 with heavy mayo
DInner: Family is having pintos, ham and rice SO I will have to make something else for me. So not sure yet.
SNacks: coffee and cream, maybe a can of vienna sausage. I know, ewwwwww. lol
Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquirsw
Stats: 236/209.0/160
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Aug 31st
Stop me now!!!!! I have had an emotional meeting today and came home and had some normal chocolate - it was only 3 squares but it has really given me a craving for more. I am trying not to give in to it, especially as it is the first non plan foods I have eaten since the new year.

I have got to go out for most of the evening as well to take my daughter to one of her classes so am not going to eat properly tonight anyway so hopefully can stay enough on track.
jacquirsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

jacquirsw: I know all about the cravings you get after eating just a little off plan. My body starts having all those cravings again and I really struggle being able to stop. Only thing that keeps me from binging for a whole day after eating just a little carbs is the idea of how long it may take me to get back into ketosis after a slip like that. Pack a few things in your purse to help lesson your need for off plan foods this evening maybe. You have done super without cheating since the New Year. Good for you!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

I peaked at the scale this morning and saw 237. That's a number I haven't seen in a long long time. Hoping that means the scale will be going down this Friday. Lunch was 2 cans of vienna sausage and I feel gross. I think this is the first real processed food I have had on induction except the porkrinds I used to fry my chicken tenders last week. I won't be eating those again bleck.

Still a little under the weather and super tired. I have been waking up with these severe cramps in my calfs and legs. Going to search the boards on what supplements I should be adding to make these go away.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wannalose
Stats: 229/208.4/155
WOE: ww/lower carb
Start Date: 2/18/10// restart 6/6/13
Oh hi there! I would like to join you!! Little background - 45 years old, did this before and got down to 176 about 8 years ago. And before you know it, here I am again. Ugh!

SO, I have recommitted this week. I am 3 days in and still feeling good!
wannalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

wannalose! Good luck on your plan!

Jennifer - Congratulations on the weightloss.

I'm still sticking to plan which is amazing since I ate out at the Golden Corral last night! So happy I didn't cheat!

Menu:
B: Sausage, Egg, Cheese bake
L: Taco Bake
D: Something fabulous made with ground beef (I just have to find a recipe) - Here I come Linda Sue

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Hi wannalose, welcome to the group. There is so much information on this forum and the accountability I get from checking in on these boards has been key to my staying on plan and not giving up. Make sure to check out the food porn threads as they have tons of delicious foods and recipes so you don't get bored. Feel free to post as often as you'd like. I find it helpful to post my days planned menu and to read others menus. Happy INduction!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies,
Last night I broke down and tried the spicy pork rinds and sour cream people have been telling me about and wow, they were awesome. Unfortunately I think I ate too many cause later my stomach was in severe pain. I actually shed a few tears and my hubby thought he may need to take me to the hospital. But alas. after laying down and taking some Tylenol I fell asleep and woke up feeling ok. I haven't had much of an appetite lately so maybe suddenly eating all that fat at once made me ill. Todays menu

Breakfast: pepperoni and mushroom lasagna
Lunch: some lunch meat roll ups and maybe a boiled egg
Dinner: will be baked chicken with a mayo/parmesian crust (someone else posted this recently and I thought it sounded delish)
Snacks: boiled eggs

I posted the other day about weird leg cramps and decided today that I will be using a salt substitute which is just potassium to "salt" my boiled eggs today to see if it will help. Hope everyone is having a great week.