Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mspartytime
Stats: 248/240/155
WOE: ATkins induction
Start Date: started induction 12/27/2012
I agree with everyone on the planning. Besides not visiting the boards, my weekend was not planned and I think it contributed to my slip ups. Visiting the board also keeps me on track. Breakfast this week
I plan to have eggs and bacon all week for breakfast and I am cooking the bacon ahead of time so I can have something to grab if I am ever in a pinch.

Lunch this week
It will unfortunately be hot dogs or lunch meat and cheese roll-ups. I haven't been to the grocery store and won't be able to go til Friday so my menu will not be very creative this week.

Dinner this week
Pulled a spiral cut Ham from the freezer and cooked it last night. So I will be eating Ham for a long time this week with green beans, spinach or brocolli.

Snacks this week
one fat bomb as a late night splurge
Celery and cream cheese or string cheese

My gain from my 2 day off-plan weekend was 2lbs...Do you believe that? Ugh! No more plan breaking for me.

Onward and Downward right, ladies??
Thanks for the support btw

12/27/2012: 248
1/4/2013: 241
1/11/2013: 240
1/18/2013: 238

Children are a blessing from God.
mspartytime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

I did great today. I have found that during this whole thing my stomach has shrunk. I get full way faster. Tonight I had 2 slices of ham and about 1 cup of baked cauliflower and was stuffed. Same with lunch. 2 plain hotdogs with mayo....stuffed. I plan on having celery and cream cheese for my late night snack while I catch up on Battlestar Galactica haha.

Hope everyone had a great day on Induction.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: babyphat2012
Stats: 248/234/175
WOE: My Own
Start Date: Restart 10/7/2012
Hello everyone...

hope you all had a really great weekend.

As for me,things were really good... almost hit my 2 week mark...and then
BAM Saturday (it was hormonal) caved in to my cravings and had Oreos with milk. The rest of the day was good, eggs and bacon for breakfast and the rest of the day was typical. Again, on Sunday... more Oreos and today again... lol I have been on a 3 day binge... BUT luckily those were pretty much the only thing
I ate off plan..Oh shared a bag of popcorn with my daughter Saturday night. One week during the month, it is ALWAYS so hard to resist... I held back as long as I could...anyhoo...onward and upward... I think I have the cookies out of my system...and have been weighing myself and my weight is still the same.. have drank plenty of water so in the morning hoping no gain.

I am planning my menu for tomorrow and the rest of the week. I will probably make a Chicken Fiesta Casserole ( cauliflower rice, sauteed diced chicken breast, rotel, cilantro,black olives, 1 can of tomato paste,and of shredded Monterrey Jack and Colby cheese) ...can usually eat off of that for a few days and stick to my eggs and bacon for breakfast, 1 can of tuna 2 boiled eggs for lunch with a bit of dressing...I am going to try to repeat this menu for the next 4 days.

Best wishes to you all and Happy Low Carbing.

Why I shouldn't eat refined sugar/carbs:

1.) causes rapid heart beat
2.) gives me hot flashes
3.) gives me indigestion
4.) makes me feel very lethargic/sluggish afterwards
5.) feel and look extremely bloated when I eat carbs

These are all of the things I experienced after eating the Oreos which further sustains the fact that low carbing for me is not just about weight loss, but health. This truly is a "war of the mind" and I have to keep asking my self...I will always continue to ask myself ( especially the next time I am faced with my weaknesses) "How bad do you really want this??"
babyphat2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquirsw
Stats: 236/209.0/160
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Aug 31st
The things we learn along the way always amaze me. I know that I feel better when I am LC but still there are times when I sabotage this.

I am feeling good today though I have now managed 2 weeks fully on track with no cheating which is amazing. Although my overall loses for the fortnight haven't been spectacular it has included totm and I never get the big water whooshes at the beginning so I am happy as I know that slowly and surely it will come off. I am hoping to lose a lb over the next couple of days as at the moment I am 16st 0.2lb (English system) and I would love to be able to say I am in the 15's rather than at the 16's

Aug - Dec 13 > 18lb
Jan - Mar 14 > 9lb
total loss since Sep > 27lb
jacquirsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: biggestloser
Stats: High Weight 244 in Feb 06, Current:212/205/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 18th, 2012
Mspartytime & Babyphat - your meal plans for the week looks good!

My plan for the day:
B: cheese wrapped in ham - this was good yesterday!
L: left over lasagna
D: left over chicken and salad
S: Atkins bar and/or shake, whatever I feel like I need.
biggestloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Good morning everyone.

Menu for today:
B: Coney Pie
L: Mexican Spinach & Hamburger Casserole
D: One of the above
S: Atkins shake

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in at 205. I wish the scale would go down faster.

12/31/12 208.6
1/2/13 208.2
1/3/13 207.4
1/4/13 205
1/5/13 205.2
1/6/13 205
1/7/13 204.8
1/8/13 206.4
1/9/13 no thank you Mr. Scale!
1/10/13 skip
1/11/13 206.2
1/12/13 204.2
1/13/13 skipped
1/14/13 204.8
1/15/13 205
1/31/12 Goal = 199
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestloser View Post
Weighed in at 205. I wish the scale would go down faster.
I bet since you are losing at a steady rate that one week you will be surprised by the whoosh of weight loss very soon. You are doing great. Keep it up!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2f2f View Post
Menu for today:
B: Coney Pie
L: Mexican Spinach & Hamburger Casserole
D: One of the above
S: Atkins shake
Coney Pie? Mexican SPinach and Hamburger Casserole? Your menu always sound so interesting. How did you make these? Always looking for good meal ideas
Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Well, today is one of those day's. Grrrrrr. Homeschooling today is really trying my patience. I felt like sabotaging my diet this morning but didn't. It's kindof dark, rainy and gloomy out today and the younger kids are in rare grumpy form. We have only been up since 8:30am and already I think every child up to the age of 9 has cried at least once and the 4's and under easily have cried or whined the majority of the morning. I am about to declare this a video learning day and make everyone up to the age of 9 lay down for the rest of the school day. Ughhhh It's snack time right now and FINALLY there is the sound of quiet that is until the 1 year old walks under the dining room table and whack....poor thing.

Ok, I just needed to vent. So last night I was starving around 9pm and ate like 4 strips of bacon, 3 stalks of celery with like 3 oz cream cheese, and a fat bomb. YIKES!

This morning I was making homemade brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal for the kids and I had about 3 table spoons testing it for sweetness. I used to make this and eat so much while "testing" it that when it was done I wouldn't be hungry. I really tried not to taste it too much this time but just couldn't know it was done without testing. SIgh, I wish I had measured so at least I would know how much brown sugar and cinnamon to add for next time without having to taste it.

My menu for today
Breakfast: chicken and pepper tacos (used the cheese chip recipe to make a big cheese chip I was able to fold overwhile hot to look like a taco. very yummy )
Lunch: Breakfast was so good why not have the same for lunch
Dinner: leftover ham, baked cauliflower and brocolli (I will be using seasoned mayo to dip my ham as last nights dinner didn't have enough fat to sustain me more than 2 and a half hours)

The rest of the week is supposed to be cold, cloudy and rainy. The kind of weather I normally make creamy soups and biscuits with gravy and other comfort foods so it's going to be a hard week on plan for me. I just want to snuggle up in my bed when its yuck out.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Sorry you're having a tough morning, Mspartytime. I don't know how you do it. I get stressed out and feel like eating all the time, and I'm just taking care of myself! Well, there's the cat and my bf, but I'm sure 7 kids are a little more tricky. Just hang in there! When's nap time?

I'm thinking of trying some of the other things folks do on these message boards, Intermittent fasting or fat fasts or something. I'm doing this weight loss competition for work and I want to win! It's over on February 1st, so I'd like to do some crazy crash dieting until then. The prize is $350!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

biggestloser: YEs, nap time was my saving grace. I think the littles were all just tired. 2 of them almost fell asleep at the lunch table. lol They were out like a light when I laid them down in the morning room with a movie. It is so dark in there with all the cloudiness outside.

I heard the fat fast or the egg one is a good way to boost those scale numbers without feeling hungry but man, they are too strict for me. I would gag if I ate that many eggs. But maybe for $350 I might choke them down
Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Ugg, stuck at the hospital without any food! My bf had a stroke last year but recovered pretty well. He started having neuro symptoms today so we're at the ER. The symptoms are much milder than last year, but still pretty scary. Poor guy. He's getting an MRI right now. Hopefully it's nothing major and we can go home tonight. I'm so hungry, but don't want to leave the room in case he comes back soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Bf's MRI's came back normal, so they couldn't explain his symptoms at the ER. He needs to follow up with his neurologist tomorrow. I hope they figure out what's going on!

I ended up staying pretty low carb through all the stress tonight. I found some roasted soy nuts in the hospital vending machine that had 2 net carbs per serving. Those held me until I got home and inhaled some chicken.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

I hope that the neurologist has some answers and they are good ones. Well done for staying on track in such a difficult time that is so positive.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:02 AM   #196
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: babyphat2012
Stats: 248/234/175
WOE: My Own
Start Date: Restart 10/7/2012
Good morning to you all...

hope your BF is doing well biggestloser...

Woke up this morning, yet again determine... and focused. I have already claimed today's success... and failure is NOT an option. Will go to the store and pick up a few items. I actually really like the frozen Atkins meals...they have saved me on several occassions; from eating "off plan". Again, not a daily choice but better than some of the other stuff I have in the freezer for the rest of the family. It always amazes me when I look at the carb count on nutrition labels. Example, my daughters love frozen burritos every now and then. Last night I checked the carb count for one 300 calorie buritto and it was 41 grams for a very small one. And I thought, dang that is more than my total carb count (on a good day when I'm eating right). So it is easy to see how carb count can easily crawl up into the 100's when you are not paying attention. I think on a normal day I was eating about 300-500 carbs a day or more and that is A LOT of sugar!

Also, for those that may be a bit discouraged (as we can all get some time) I have been trying to focus on NSV's ( non-scale victories). It literally is not all about the scale number. Not sure how many of you have actually measured yourselves, but I can tell you that I've lost 1/2-1 inch in most areas and at the end of the day that is what is most important for me a "smaller frame" not a smaller number.

Anyhoo....be encouraged and even if you have had a few rough days lately... (like me )the great thing about this WOE is that it isn't hard to get back into the swing of things!

Happy Low Carbing!
babyphat2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

mspartytime - I spend all day on Sunday cooking, probably 4 or more hours - to prepare for the week (normally 2 breakfast casseroles, and 2 meals). I don't really like to cook so this is hard for me, but it really helps me during the week. I froze half of the receipes I made and have been eating the rest. I will pull them out of the freezer when I'm stretched for time.

I had a pork roast laid out last night - I cut off 1/4 and baked it to make a Cheesy Pork Casserole for Thursday's dinner (I will freeze some). The other 3/4 of the pork roast I put in the crockpot this morning with some verde sauce for dinner tonight.

I get all of my recipes from Linda Sue's sight because it's easy to figure out which ones are induction friendly because they have a * next to them. Her website is: Welcome to Genaw.com (I'm sure you have heard of it, it's very popular on this site).

Menu for today:
B: Sausage Quiche
L: Coney Pie
D: Pork carnita's
S: Hard Salami/1 slice cheese

Have a GREAT WEDNESDAY everyone!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!
Thank all for your kind words. It'll be nice to figure out what's going on!

B: Just went through McDonalds and had 2 sausage egg muffins, threw out the muffins.
L: Left over lasagna
D: Left over chicken, hopefully have time to pick up some veggies tonight

Weighed in at 201.8 this morning. I hardly drank any water yesterday, so might just be super dehydrated. Oh well, I'll take it!

12/31/12 208.6
1/2/13 208.2
1/3/13 207.4
1/4/13 205
1/5/13 205.2
1/6/13 205
1/7/13 204.8
1/8/13 206.4
1/10/13 skip
1/11/13 206.2
1/12/13 204.2
1/13/13 skipped
1/14/13 204.8
1/15/13 205
1/16/13 201.8
1/31/12 Goal = 199
Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Hello All,
A way better day today than yesterday kid-wise lol but menu-wise I just haven't prepared well this week. I haven't fallen off plan luckily but eating very little as I didn't make anything "Special" for myself and I am getting sick of eggs... sigh.

Breakfast: 1 egg and 2 slices of fried bologna. The bologna had a couple of carbs each. A cup of coffee
Lunch: 1 leftover piece of bologna, 2 cheese sticks and a cup of coffee
DInner: chicken breast fried in egg and porkrids. (looking forward to this one)
Snacks: 1 stalk of celery with cream cheese so far and probably a fat bomb later tonight.

I have been worried that I have no desire to eat and may not be eating enough to lose? Is that possible? It seems that the Atkins program works best when you are eating enough. It just proves one thing about me. If there is nothing delicious to eat than I just don't feel like eating. Yesterday I actually had hunger pangs which I hardly ever get (guess that's why I am overweight.)

biggestloser: Sorry to hear about your bf. Hope you guys are getting some answers from his Dr.s today. Good job staying on track. I often use stressed out times to "treat" myself in a "I deserve it" mentality. Good for you for not sabotaging your efforts. It looks like it paid off on the scales

Monica: I really need to start preparing my weekly foods on the weekends as well. I was so much more prepared last week. Especially since I had the Eggplant Parmesian on hand. I often get italian cravings and it was a life saver last week. Probably heading to the store tonight as I am literally down to just eggs and bacon after today. I don't think I can take another meal like that right now.

Babyphat: I just LOVE your enthusiasm! I think it is great that you have found those new Atkins meals to be helpful to you for staying on track. I had the frozen burrito "rude awakening" with my last pregnancy. I was like living off those chicken burritos until I got gestational diabetes and had to check my carbs at every meal. They were totally off my nutrition plan and sad to say I was eating more than one at a time

Church Tonight so I better get to starting dinner early. Hope everyone has a great induction day.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

FINALLY went to the grocery store tonight. Came home and made 3 casserole dishes of italian type food using ricotta, mozzarella, mushrooms, spinach, lc pizza sauce, pepperoni and egg for the base. Had to have some at like 10pm cause it smelled so good. Tasted great too. I will be making fajita chicken for the family tomorrow. While they are having mexican rice and tortillas with theirs I will be making mine ACP style with no rice.

(IF you are wondering, it is 2:45am. I drank a diet coke at the grocery store and well I am very sensitive to caffiene. I am just now feeling like I could possibly sleep.)

I will also be making about 3 days worth of brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal for the kids that they can reheat as I just don't like the idea of starting my everyday "taste testing" the oatmeal to make sure it is right. The less I am in the kitchen making HC food for them the better to keep me on plan.They say it may snow here tomorrow so I will take this opportunity to call a "snow day" for homeschool and just enjoy watching some National Geographic with the kids on Netflix.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Be Blessed
Weigh-in for me is Friday. Hoping the scale starts moving downward.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
having a crazy busy week but staying on plan thus far. my husband has a 4 day weekend, let's pray I have the willpower to not let him derail me lol
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Don't worry Mandy - you will do great this weekend! Congratulations to everyone who is staying on plan and to everyone for trying! Have a happy Thursday!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AllieBee
Stats: 238/238/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 16, 2014
Hi! Is there any room for more to join? I am kicking off Induction (once again, sigh) this weekend after I have gotten a chance to go to the store and get what I need.

I am 40 years old, married and the mom of two girls (4 & 7) and am at my heaviest weight ever at 220. I was recently diagnosed with severe depression and adult ADD, so I've been dealing with some big issues lately. But the good news is that I am getting help and feel so ready to get healthy in both body and mind.

I have always had good success on Atkins (when I've stuck with it) and am ready to start again for the long haul. I have a big family wedding to attend in July and would really like to be a lot smaller than I am now for it.

Looking forward to reading your posts and getting to the 1's!
AllieBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!
I made a LC "mac" and cheese last night, but I'm just not into it. Some of the recipes with cream cheese, heavy cream and regular cheese are just too rich for me. I'm also mildly lactose intolerant, so they're a bit too much in the dairy department also. It's kind of annoying for today since I was planning on having left overs for lunch. With the evening in the hospital on Tuesday, I'm feeling a little off my game. And tonight we're having my folks over for dinner. And we're going out of town tomorrow. Yikes! Lots on my plate right now, which would be a perfect opportunity to bag the diet. But, not going to happen!

B: 2 fried eggs in butter, 2 pork sausage patties
L: thinking about getting some Vietnamese Pho soup, without the noodles.
D: Curried turkey burgers (no bun for me), bacon wrapped asparagus, salad, deviled eggs and sliced veggies with dip for aps.

Weighed in at 203.8. Attributing that to consuming several pickles last night.

12/31/12 208.6
1/2/13 208.2
1/3/13 207.4
1/4/13 205
1/5/13 205.2
1/6/13 205
1/7/13 204.8
1/8/13 206.4
1/10/13 skip
1/11/13 206.2
1/12/13 204.2
1/13/13 skipped
1/14/13 204.8
1/15/13 205
1/16/13 201.8
1/17/13 203.8
1/31/12 Goal = 199
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Mspartytime - your meals sound awesome! I'm inspired to make fajitas now. Those would be so good with some homemade guac and sour cream. Yum! It's on the plan for next week now.

Skinnurse - Go get a bunch of snacks and make a meal plan! I saw a thread on here about induction friendly snacks and I'm going to make a shopping list from those ideas.

Happy Thursday, Monica! Can't wait for the weekend!

Alliebee! Jump on in and start posting your meal plans ASAP!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Alliebee,
The more support the better so definitely jump on in. Feel free to post your daily menu and weekly plans for success. We are here to encourage eachother and help keep eachother on track as well as share as much or as little about our personnal life as we feel comfortable.

Happy Induction,
Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnurse
Stats: 235/.../175
WOE: LC..ACE
Start Date: 01/07/2013
Thanks BL, I did just that tonight. I made a meal plan for the weekend and I told him no matter what if we out, I get to pick the place!
Skinnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Weigh in today! Drumroll please. I am down to 238! A 2 pound loss! I was hoping for a bigger loss BUT 2lbs is fantastic cause at this rate I will be in Onederland by the end of May Woohoo! I haven't seen Onederland since 2006.

Menu today
Breakfast: I am celebrating with lc spinach and mushroom lasagna
Lunch: chicken fajitas
Dinner: Same as lunch probably
Snacks: cheese stick and/or fat bomb

Hope everyone had a great induction day yesterday.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

WTG mspartytime! Losses are always awesome. My January goal was to be at 245.5 by the end of the month and I hit that today! I can't wait to see where I end up on January 31!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

It's great to see everyone doing so well with the losses. I am down to another low weight since my restart and have got below 16 stone (UK) so it feels really good. I really do think that having such a supportive place helps.