Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: biggestloser
Stats: High Weight 244 in Feb 06, Current:212/205/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 18th, 2012
Hey ladies! We're all ladies right?? If there are any dudes, hey to you too!

We went snowshoeing today. My goodness, 4 hours of pretty intense exercising was tough without carbs! Oh well, made it back to civilization.

Food today:
breakfast - scrambled eggs and sausage
lunch - snacked on salami and cheese while on the trail
dinner - not sure what I'm making. I'm exhausted! and there are dishes to do. blarg.

Up .2 today, but no worries. As long as the general trend is down, I'm all good.
12/31/12 208.6
1/2/13 208.2
1/3/13 207.4
1/4/13 205
1/5/13 205.2
1/31/12 Goal = 199
biggestloser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Nuts are not on induction!! I don't know why, they're high in fat and protein. I almost grabbed some for snowshoeing today anyway. Something to look forward to when we move to ongoing weight loss!

Welcome Nevadagirl! I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. That must be terrible. Good thing you have some dogs in the house! I have a cat, so don't get the same unconditional love that you dog parents get. And boxers have lots of energy, I'm sure they would love to take you for a walk.

Mspartytime, your stew sounds delish! Nice you are in deep ketosis! I should get a strip and check. I love those things, but it does seem kind of weird to being doing UA's all the time. Hehe!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mspartytime
Stats: 248/240/155
WOE: ATkins induction
Start Date: started induction 12/27/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadagirl View Post
I will certainly check that out...I cant wait for dinner, Chicken tenders that I did by dipping the chicken in egg, then in a mixture of crushed porkrinds and parmesean mixed, baked them and now I'm roasting broccoli...yum-o!!!
OH my! I need to make me some of those. I hear they are amazing.
mspartytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

OH, Mspartytime! If you're still getting leg cramps I think that's a sign of dehydration or that you're low on electrolytes. I get that sometimes during the summer when I'm hiking and don't eat enough salty foods or drink enough water. You may consider taking a potassium supplement. In the past I've eaten bananas and that helps, but of course that's not an option these days.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestloser View Post
OH, Mspartytime! If you're still getting leg cramps I think that's a sign of dehydration or that you're low on electrolytes. I get that sometimes during the summer when I'm hiking and don't eat enough salty foods or drink enough water. You may consider taking a potassium supplement. In the past I've eaten bananas and that helps, but of course that's not an option these days.
YEah, I am hoping all the water I drank today and the extra salt in the chicken stew will help keep me hydrated tonight. My first attempt at fat bombs earlier was a bust. They were bitter and blech. Going to dry another recipe for them with peanut butter instead of almond butter. I was ravenous at dinner tonight and ate like 3 bowls of that stew

See you in the am,
Jennifer
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquirsw
Stats: 236/209.0/160
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Aug 31st
Morning all

A small loss on the scale for me today I started a marathon clear out yesterday, my hubby and dd are going to be moving as soon as we can sell our house to live with my mum, so we need to get all of the stuff for both houses to fit into 1, I decided that rather than wait till we have to rush that I would start to do the clear out now and the result is 3 big bags and 2 big boxes just from one room. It took me 3 hours just to shred the documents that have been building up that we don't need - note to self to do that more often.

my menu for today
Akins shake
Tuna mayo cucumber salad
Roast chicken cabbage cauliflower and gravy

Aug - Dec 13 > 18lb
Jan - Mar 14 > 9lb
total loss since Sep > 27lb
jacquirsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: supreme_diva
Stats: 257.5/254.5/170
Start Date: 1/4/13
Hello everyone! I'd like to join too!

I'm relately new to the boards; I signed up a loooong time ago and never really used them. But, I am starting LC again and figured connecting with others would be a good way to help keep me on track.

Anyways, I am 39 w/2 kiddos (DD 2, DS 2 months) and 257.5 as of this morning. I am a serial yo-yo dieter. As a matter of fact, it took me all of three days to even decide which WOE/LC diet I would follow to get me started. Yes, I've done quite a few of them - all of which incurred some success, but like I said earlier, I have a problem with sticking to it. So, back to the basics. The one I know best. Atkins. Yay!

Looking forward to easing on down to onderland with you all!
supreme_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharris30 View Post
Here's a good thread I just ran across on planning ahead if anyone else is interested: Planning ahead... Suggestions?
Thank you SO much for this!!! Planning is one of my downfalls...I've been online all morning reading up on recipes so that I can work out a grocery list and be better prepared. Thanks again!!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!
Welcome Supreme Diva! Feel free to post what you're going to eat today. It's good to have a plan. Strong work on the loss, jacquirsw!

I was going to go hike with a friend today, but my knee is feeling sore from yesterday's snowshoe trip. I felt it kind of twist funny at one point during the day, but it didn't start hurting until late last night. Woe is me. Oh well, good excuse to be lazy today.

plan for today:
Breakfast - poached eggs and hollandaise on lox.
Lunch - we're going to make hot wings for the game! Chicken wings, franks hot sauce and butter. It's low carb! With blue cheese dressing. Go Seahawks!
Dinner - shrimp salad with romaine, cuks, green peppers

Relost .2 again.

12/31/12 208.6
1/2/13 208.2
1/3/13 207.4
1/4/13 205
1/5/13 205.2
1/6/13 205
1/31/12 Goal = 199
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: starryeyed
Stats: 248/223.4/220 1st Short term
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Restarted Aug 28, 2013
Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in and say hello. I just started induction 2 days ago...so far things are going well I have shed 3 pounds in my first 2 days. Hoping that everyone has a great weekend!
starryeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Here is my food for today...

Breakfast: 3 hard-boiled eggs (I ate 2, but was still hungry so I polished off the third lol); coffee w/splenda and a splash of unsweetened almond milk
Lunch: Venison sausage w/cabbage
Dinner: Grilled tilapia, broccoli 'n cheese

I'm going to hit the grocery store a little later. Still working on that meal plan between taking care of the kiddos.

Hey starryeyed -- I see you are nursing. How old is your baby? I am too... my baby is 10 weeks old. I had my reservations about doing this concurrently at first, but then resolved that I was being silly since this WOE is a lot more healthy than how I had been eating. So far, so good.

Last edited by supreme_diva; 01-06-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #72
Junior LCF Member

I tried atkins last year when my little girl was a couple of months old...it didnt go so well since my milk supply went down rapidly. Now that she is a year old I would like to wean her so I thought it would be a good time to restart. I gained 20lbs in a year...bfing didn't help me lose weight. I was reading somewhere on this board that if your bfing u need to keep ur carbs above 20 or ur supply will drop. I could be wrong, maybe someone here has had luck bfing and doing induction. Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: babyphat2012
Stats: 248/234/175
WOE: My Own
Start Date: Restart 10/7/2012
Hi everyone just checking in, been catching up on the new posts in the thread. So far so good... have had a really good day food wise and carb count has been very low. Trying to get about 80 more ounces of water in before bed. Grocery shopping tomorrow and plan on making Eggplant Parmesan and a few other recipes this week. I really love cooking and experimenting. We went to Applebee's last week for lunch and I ordered Chicken Portabello... believe it or not came home and made my own for dinner had the ingredients right in my kitchen. It was basically a grilled chicken breast with grilled zucchini sauteed in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, onions, portabello mushrooms and a side of steamed broccoli it was very good. What's not to love about low carbin'?

Hoping I see the scale move tomorrow!

Happy Losing...
babyphat2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Good evening everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. I did A LOT of cooking today and have set myself up for a successful week. I have prepared food, did all my laundry, cleaning and ironing, I have my clothes and jewelry laid out for work tomorrow and my workout dvd and equipment ready for a 4:30 am workout. I am prepared to suceed and look forward to tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great night.
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone,
I had some leftover PB chocolate atkins shake thingie this morning for breakfast and a small piece of the quiche I made the other day. Choked it down and then I started serving it to my kiddos cause I just can't stomach another day of the concoction. They all loved it, go figure. For lunch and dinner was chicken stew agian.

I am going to have to start freezing stuff cause I am getting sick of stuff fast and unfortunately with a family of 9, I can't seem to make small portions of anything. There is always a large pot of something cooking on the stove. Maybe if I freeze in single serving storage containers I will have a variety to choose from with out feeling like I am eating the same stuff for days and days. ugh!

I am still in ketosis so apparently the little bit of peanut butter in my atkins shake concoction didn't do any damage phew!

Sounds like everyone is doing really well. We will be starting back to school tomorrow so we will be back to a pretty straight daily schedule which I am hoping helps me stay on track.

Starryeyed: Congrats on the loss
supreme_diva: I also tried to do atkins when I was breastfeeding and my milk supply diminished drastically. I would take Starryeyed's advice and maybe up the carbs to like 50 and see if that helps keep you from drying out?? I eventuallu stopped atkins after about a week because I couldnt keep up with the babies milk demands.

See you guys in the am.
Happy induction!
Jennifer
Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aharris30
Stats: July '11 (308) restart 278/272/170
WOE: restart induction (10/04/12)
Quote:
Nuts are not on induction!! I don't know why, they're high in fat and protein. I almost grabbed some for snowshoeing today anyway. Something to look forward to when we move to ongoing weight loss!

Welcome Nevadagirl! I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. That must be terrible. Good thing you have some dogs in the house! I have a cat, so don't get the same unconditional love that you dog parents get. And boxers have lots of energy, I'm sure they would love to take you for a walk.

Mspartytime, your stew sounds delish! Nice you are in deep ketosis! I should get a strip and check. I love those things, but it does seem kind of weird to being doing UA's all the time. Hehe!
Uggh! those goes my peanut butter!!! LOL
aharris30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspartytime View Post
YEah, I am hoping all the water I drank today and the extra salt in the chicken stew will help keep me hydrated tonight. My first attempt at fat bombs earlier was a bust. They were bitter and blech. Going to dry another recipe for them with peanut butter instead of almond butter. I was ravenous at dinner tonight and ate like 3 bowls of that stew

See you in the am,
Jennifer
What are fat bombs? Man i've been off low carb eating for awhile since I don't know the language.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme_diva View Post
Hello everyone! I'd like to join too!

I'm relately new to the boards; I signed up a loooong time ago and never really used them. But, I am starting LC again and figured connecting with others would be a good way to help keep me on track.

Anyways, I am 39 w/2 kiddos (DD 2, DS 2 months) and 257.5 as of this morning. I am a serial yo-yo dieter. As a matter of fact, it took me all of three days to even decide which WOE/LC diet I would follow to get me started. Yes, I've done quite a few of them - all of which incurred some success, but like I said earlier, I have a problem with sticking to it. So, back to the basics. The one I know best. Atkins. Yay!

Looking forward to easing on down to onderland with you all!
I was the same with deciding which LC diet to do again. I did Atkins in the past and it worked well, but there are so many LC diets out there now that it's hard to choose from. Good Luck on your new journey!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2f2f View Post
Good evening everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. I did A LOT of cooking today and have set myself up for a successful week. I have prepared food, did all my laundry, cleaning and ironing, I have my clothes and jewelry laid out for work tomorrow and my workout dvd and equipment ready for a 4:30 am workout. I am prepared to suceed and look forward to tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great night.
I wish I had the strength to do all that! You are determined
Old 01-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Morning all

Another loss on the scales this morning, now 2.2lb down from my restart which I am really happy with as being a on and off LC I knew I wouldn't get the huge water losses like the first time.

Today I am off to do some food shopping, then do some more on my next uni assignment as well as continuing with the big clear out of 'stuff' at home.

menu for today
Atkins shake
chicken mayo bacon salad
gammon egg mushrooms
Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Everyone,
Everyone on schedule today with school although the 4 year old had a peepee accident last night while she was asleep and woke up all cranky. So I have been dealing with a bit of whining this morning BOOO

Today I plan to make
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
lunch: chicken stew
Dinner: taco salad and maybe some of those cheese crisps I keep hearing about
Snacks: Atkins shake or SF Candy or both

I am showing moderate ketosis today so I am going to make sure to count all my carbs today.

Happy Induction All!
Jennifer
Old 01-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Good morning everyone. I am happy to report that I did wake up early and do my exercise video. I'm so happy.

I hope everyone has a great day! Happy sticking to plan day!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Good morning and happy Monday!

Plan for today:
Breakfast - beef jerky that I made yesterday in the dehydrator. I haven't done this before and it turned out pretty good! I keep wanting to buy this at the store, but it all has sugar or corn syrup.
Lunch - left over tuna cauli casserole. I froze 2 portions of this, so we'll see how it reheats.
Dinner - probably to grab a rotisserie chicken from Safeway and have that with 2 cups salad greens. I'd like to make some broth from the bones for soup tomorrow.

Need to make a meal plan for the week!

Down another .2 this morning. I'm glad my scale weighs to the .2, otherwise I wouldn't see many changes.
12/31/12 208.6
1/2/13 208.2
1/3/13 207.4
1/4/13 205
1/5/13 205.2
1/6/13 205
1/7/13 204.8
1/31/12 Goal = 199
Old 01-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Congrats to everyone making it through another day of induction...Just wondering does anyone get really hungry your first couple of days? I find myself eating 5-6 snacks rather than full on 3 meals a day. When does your hungry really go away? Thanks!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

2f2f - Nice on all the prep for the week! I'm jealous! I would love to get up early and workout like that. Then you don't even need to think about it the rest of the day.

Mspartytime - I froze 2 portions of that tuna cauli casserole. I'll see how it reheats today. Linda Sue's recipes say which ones can be frozen, so might be best to just make those!

jacquirsw - I just moved last month and did what you're doing. Getting rid of as much stuff as you can is the way to go! I went through all my possessions and thought if I had used them for the past 6 months or not. I gave a lot to charity!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

biggestloser - it always feels good having a big clear out, very therapeutic.

Well me menu for today swapped around a bit.
Atkins shake
3 hotdogs with mayo
Chicken radish cucumber lettuce mayo all mixed in a salad
Atkins crispy chocolate bar
Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

2f2f- good job on the exercise. I have yet to do any. I think I am just curious if I can lose weight without it. We will see.

Biggestloser- you just made me drool thinking of that beef jerky. How did you make it? I am also going to freeze the rest of the tuna casserole as it jsut made way too much for me. It actually never reheated right in the microwave for me anyways so I am sure the freezer can't make it worse.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Here's the recipe I used for the beef jerky: Doc's Best Beef Jerky Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I omitted the brown sugar and added one packet of stevia. I actually don't like the taste of stevia, but I have it so just added a tiny amount. I don't think it had any impact on the recipe. Splenda would probably be good!

I have a pretty cheap dehydrator, think it was like $30 or $40 from Walmart. I ended up having to dry it for like 12 hours. I was up at 3am checking it! LOL

Also, I baked it at 275 for 10 minutes when it was done dehydrating to kill any pesky microbes. I read about that technique from the U of Wisconsin: http://www.foodsafety.wisc.edu/asset...ehydrator3.pdf

This was a fun project for a lazy Sunday!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Here's the recipe I used for the beef jerky: Doc's Best Beef Jerky Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I omitted the brown sugar and added one packet of stevia. I actually don't like the taste of stevia, but I have it so just added a tiny amount. I don't think it had any impact on the recipe. Splenda would probably be good!

I have a pretty cheap dehydrator, think it was like $30 or $40 from Walmart. I ended up having to dry it for like 12 hours. I was up at 3am checking it! LOL

Also, I baked it at 275 for 10 minutes when it was done dehydrating to kill any pesky microbes. I read about that technique from the U of Wisconsin: http://www.foodsafety.wisc.edu/asset...ehydrator3.pdf

This was a fun project for a lazy Sunday!
I can't wait to make this tomorrow I love beef jerky
Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

ugh! Fried potato wedges for the family tonight. It didn't tempt me at all while making them but now sitting here with the smell and the leftovers is driving me crazy. lol I just made my hubby take them iout to the garage fridge so I don't have to look at them.