Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: biggestloser
Stats: High Weight 244 in Feb 06, Current:212/205/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 18th, 2012
Hope you all are having a nice evening! I made a really good Linda Sue tuna/cauliflower casserole dish. It was amazing! Reminded me of tuna helper. Even the carb eating bf loved it. I'm in ketosis, have the Dr. Atkins book to reread and I'm not hungry. Life is good.
biggestloser is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquirsw
Stats: 236/209.0/160
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Aug 31st
Morning all.

slight adjustment with yesterdays menu ended up eating
Menu for today
baby bel
homemade burger, green salad and loads of mayo
green salad with cheddar and turkey with mayo

I am totally still on track and am down another 0.6lb today so very happy with that.

Today's menu
Atkins shake
omelette
gammon 'pizza' with pepperoni mushrooms and cheese small salad
jacquirsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:07 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aharris30
Stats: July '11 (308) restart 278/272/170
WOE: restart induction (10/04/12)
Hello all!!!
---Jacquirsw, thank you for pointing out the new thread to me!!!
---mspartytime and biggestloser, if you girls don't mind I left postS on the previous thread for you guys to read since I didn't notice the new one.

My meal plan for today:
B- 2 hard boiled eggs
L- chicken with linda sue's alfredo sauce
D- ???
s- string cheese stick.
My goal for this month is to lose 5-8lbs. I have thyroid problems so it is really hard to lose ANYTHING!
aharris30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

--jacquirs--Oh my, i seriously love LC peanut butter cups. They were a big stall for me though, i could eat a whole bag in one setting!

Last edited by aharris30; 01-04-2013 at 01:12 AM..
Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mspartytime
Stats: 248/240/155
WOE: ATkins induction
Start Date: started induction 12/27/2012
Hello Everyone,
Well I weighed in this morning and the scale started moving down again. phew! I am back to 241. Thats a total of 7lbs in 8 days so I am happy. I will start weighing in weekly now like someone else suggested cause I just can't handle the daily fluctuations. I will however be testing myself for ketosis in the morning and before bed to make sure I am still on track. Hoping for another 7lb loss this week. I am shooting high, I know.

Yesterday my kids were eating Peanut butter m-n-m's from their Christmas candy and out of habit I threw about 5 of them in my mouth when they asked me to open the bag. A few minutes later I was like wth! I am totally worried that it may have messed me up for the next few days. The day before yesterday I was cutting slices of chocolate cream pie for the family after dinner and several times I almost licked my chocolate covered fingers. I have also had to painfully convince myself to just throw away the leftovers on my kids plates. So I am beginning to realize how a lot of what I do is bad habits and probably the cause of my lifelong problem with weight gain.

As far as induction, I feel GREAT! This is probably the longest I have ever stayed on this WOE and I have loads of energy. I am not having to starve to lose the pounds either. I look forward to being in ONEDERLAND this year!!!

Todays Menu:
Breakfast: Western Omelet
Lunch: Ham and pepper quiche
Dinner left over taco salad
Snacks: a few SF hard candies or cheese sticks

Jennifer
mspartytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Down to 205 this morning! It feels good since I went up last week. Nice to see a loss.

12/31/12 208.6
1/2/13 208.2
1/3/13 207.4
1/4/13 205
1/31/12 Goal = 199

Plan for the day:
Breakfast - didn't feel like making eggs, so I'm snacking on some cheddar cheese at work. Had a few olives before I left this morning. Coffee and heavy cream
Lunch - leftover tuna cauliflower casserole. sf jello
Dinner - put some beef in the crockpot this morning for stroganoff tonight. Looking forward to trying it! Will have some salad also
Snacks - pork rinds and an Atkins bar

Mspartytime, I don't know how you do it with 7 kiddos!! For one, how do you have time. And 2nd, there must be soooo much food at your place that you can't eat. Oh, that would be tough! Looks like you're making it happen though. Kuddos!

aharris30 & jacquirsw, looks like you are doing great! It's very cool to see everyone's meal plans. Digging this thread.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Mspartytime, I don't know how you do it with 7 kiddos!! For one, how do you have time. And 2nd, there must be soooo much food at your place that you can't eat. Oh, that would be tough! Looks like you're making it happen though. Kuddos!
biggestloser,
This week has been a challenge but only cause we haven't gotten back into a routine since Christmas. Monday we start back to homeschooling so my day gets pretty planned out when we are in school. I made me some ham, pepper, onion and swiss quiches today to help me with hectic breakfasts this weekend and some of next week. The SF candy and SF gum has been helpful when I feel like I want to binge on sweets. There IS alot of food I can't eat but I have been trying to make things for the family that I can adjust for me like when they had chicken and brocolli alfredo the other night I had the same just with out the noodles. Or when they had pizza the other night I fried some hard salami til it was crisp and scraped all the toppings off my slice of pizza and put it on top of the crispy salami. (I gave the naked pizza crust to the baby after I took all the toppings off

BTW do you have the link to the tuna casserole recipe? That sounds amazing. The stroganoff sounds good too. Thats what I love about this WOE. SO much variety. :applause:

Jennifer
Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Here's the tuna casserole recipe: TUNA "RICE" CASSEROLE VARIATION - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

It makes 8 servings. I ate one serving last night and my bf ate 3! He was really digging it.

I found the stroganoff recipe on this site, not sure how to quote, so I'll just copy and paste:

Lo Carb Beef Stroganoff in Crockpot

2 lb round steak
1 1/2 C beef bouillon
1 tsp salt--1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 C sour cream

Cut steak into 1/4 in strips. Coat with salt and pepper. Drop into the bottom of a crock pot. Mix garlic, salt, and bouillon. Pour over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until tender. Turn control to high. Add mushrooms. Cook on high 15 min or until slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream. Turn off heat & serve.

I'll let you know how it is!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Still on track and happy.

Food actually eaten today
Atkins shake
omelette - ham cheese and mushroom with mayo
home made cheese stuffed pork burger with a small salad and mayo
Old 01-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TJMountainJoy
Start Date: Sept. 2012
Hi Everybody, Fell off my Atkins meal plans during the Holidays. Went to my daughter's house and munch munch munch you know the rest. So now that back home going to brush off those carb cravings and get back to some conrol. (I hope) Happy, Healthy New Year Everyone. : )
TJMountainJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone,
I had a fierce headache all day. I thought it might be dehydration but I drank all my water and still the headache was there. So maybe I am experiencing late carb withdrawal? Anyways, still in ketosis so that is good. Hoping to wake up WITHOUT this headache.

TJMountainJoy,
I think a lot of people experienced the holiday carbs.

biggestloser: I am going to the store to get the stuff to make that tuna casserole. I looks so good. Did you like it?

Stayed on track today so I am happy weighin will be Friday. Looking forward to it.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Yes, it was pretty good. Very different from anything I've eaten on the diet. Next time I make it, I'll probably make the cauliflower pieces bigger. I put them in a food processor and some of it was cauliflower dust! Also, I may lower the amount of cream and cheese. It's very, very rich!! It really does remind me of tuna helper which is good since I'm a big fan of salty, processed food.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: babyphat2012
Stats: 248/234/175
WOE: My Own
Start Date: Restart 10/7/2012
3 lbs. in 2 Days :)

Hi... would like to join this group as well. I have never, ever had as much success with any other WOE besides low carbing. I have low carbed off and on for the last 12 years and generally love it. As many.. I've constantly fallen off and on plan, but I know it works!

Started back on Atkins 1-2-2013 and as of today I have lost 3 lb.
My weight fluctuates a lot so this time I've cut down on cheeses, creams and pork rinds which I believe all caused me to hold water.

Anyhoo... went from 238 to 235 in 2 days ( I know its water) but it's a small victory for me and confirmation that this works. I plan on staying on induction until 1/31...hopefully I can lose at least 10 lbs this month. My overall goal is about 175-165.

Happy Losing Everyone
babyphat2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Welcome babyphat! and TJMountainJoy! I really think the key to successful weight management is getting back on track after a slip, not being perfect 100% of the time. We're human!

FYI, that Stroganoff I made is no bueno, not good at all. The meat is way overcooked and it's just kind of salty and bland. Not sure what I'm going to do with that huge pot of it. Ugggg :/

Also, I'm totally not in ketosis today. I've checked several times with the strips and they aren't changing! My appetite is still very minimal, so not sure what is going on.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Biggest Loser

You may be in ketosis even though the strips are not reacting as they only measure the amount of excess ketones that are expelled in the urine, there are many people who can never see a reaction on the strips but lose considerable amounts of weight, and have all the other benefits of being in ketosis. the strips should only ever be a guide
Old 01-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

tuna casserole

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestloser View Post
Yes, it was pretty good. Very different from anything I've eaten on the diet. Next time I make it, I'll probably make the cauliflower pieces bigger. I put them in a food processor and some of it was cauliflower dust! Also, I may lower the amount of cream and cheese. It's very, very rich!! It really does remind me of tuna helper which is good since I'm a big fan of salty, processed food.
I made mine tonight and added extra mushrooms. Unfortunately I used to much butter to saute the celery and it was a little greasy in the end BUT still very tasty. I will probably make this again with chicken and maybe add brocolli. It seems like the cheese/mayo/cream sauce could be used as a base for a lot of variations.

Jennifer
Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Welcome babyphat and TJMountainJoy!
Glad to have you on the thread.
Happy Induction
Jennifer
Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone!
Woohoo! My ketone strip was like purple this morning. Thats what I want to see. Todays plan is to drink a whole lot more water as I have started having these severe leg cramps (I call them charlie horses) while I am asleep and sometimes when I am just standing for a few minutes in one spot. I heard its from some sort of electrolyte imbalance and/or dehydration.

Breakfast was ham, cheese and pepper quiche (it turned out really dry so I am forcing it down for breakfast for the next week blech. Just cant bring myself to throw it out)
Lunch is going to be the yummy lc tuna casserole I made last night
and Dinner will be a shrimp and brocolli stir fry with egg
Snacks: a few SF hard candies and/or string cheese or celery with cream cheese (depend on the mood lol)

I go to the grocery store on Fridays so Saturday is always fun to try and put together the rest of the weeks menu. My favorite binge-saver has got to be the SF candy or gum though. Whenever I am having those really severe cravings for sweets, I will suck on one of those candys for like 10 minutes and the cravings go away. Weekends are the hardest on any diet because of the lack of schedule. How do YOU plan your weekends for success?

Jennifer
Old 01-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Way to go Jennifer - I know how exciting it is for the ketone strips to show purple - i just ordered mine from Amazon. I think I may make the tuna casserole today it seams yummy. I definately need to do some cooking - I stay on plan much easier when I have lc stuff made up in the fridge.

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend. Take care!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Doing really well still. It is great to see so many people doing well and supporting each other.

I am still on track, I was a few oz up this morning but I am not worried as I know there will be fluctuations as I weigh daily and always have done.

My menu for today
ham, corned beef and mayo
green salad with cheese and mayo
gammon with cauli cabbage philly and mayo
Old 01-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Newbies!!!
Yesterday I made Linda Sue's spinach lasagna....YUM!!! I made it last time on Induction and loved it as well. I work the night shift at my job so my eating times are so off. I didn't eat anything until 4pm yesterday so I had 2 servings of lasagna and a salad with ranch. I'm also starting to drink more protein powder with my SF powder mixes to help with my missed meals. I was curious to know if anyone had any suggestions on a protein shake that I can make with peanut butter, some kind of liquid, and NO MILK? I do like HWC I'm finding it hard to come up with a receipe. Here is what my meal will be today:
B: 2 scrambled eggs, 4oz breakfast sausage
L:5 spicy chipolte wings
D: spinach lasagna with salad and ranch
Snack: anything to help meet my fat/protein ration

Is anyone else doing the Fat/Protein/Carb percent ratio eating? I use the calorie counter on a certain website to help me with this. I set my ratios to 70 /25/5 and I'm trying to stay under 1600 calories a day. So far it's working for me.

mspartytime-- I guess I never really thought about planning my weekends. I used to go out to eat on saturday morning's with the family but it's easy to turn the selections into low carb options. Last time on this WOE I gave myself one cheat meal a week and I usually used it on the weekends if I decided to cheat at all. My "cheat" meals were eating peanut butter (my downfall), having low carb candy or ice cream, making LC biscuits....etc. It never was a trip to Mcdonald's or something of that nature. I think in the end you have to learn to treat everyday the same and not dread what's going to happen on the weekend. I also try to stay on a eating schedule during the day (B: 8-9, L:12-1, D:5-6) and after awhile I just got used to that.

Last edited by aharris30; 01-05-2013 at 01:30 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Is there a certain branded off ketone strips to buy? I swear last time I bought some at walmart and the did not work for me lol.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Here's a good thread I just ran across on planning ahead if anyone else is interested: Planning ahead... Suggestions?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! I have been in dark purple ketosis ALL DAY! I am so happy! I again changed my menu for the day. I had my version of a double down cheeseburger from Wendy's (ordered 2 jr bacon cheeseburgers and took off the buns. Used the patties as the bun and put all the toppings in the middle. It was awesome and I was proud of myself for making an lc choice when I was in a situation where I couldnt be home. (pat on the back)

For dinner instead of stirfry I was in the mood for chicken stew so I made a big pot of it. (boiled and deboned chicken, chicken stock, cream, carrots, celery and onion) I was able to serve that to the whole family. Of course, I didn't eat the carrots and everyone else had crackers or bread with theirs. It still felt good to eat with everyone.

Church tomorrow will be difficult as I am so used to drinking a tall mocha frappe from the church coffee shop every sunday (sometimes 2) booo. Thinking maybe I'll make myself some version of it at home to take with me.

aharris: I got my ketone strips from CVS brand True Plus. They seem to work wonderfully. I had Walmart before so I am not sure if there would be much of a difference in them or not. Mine were $20 for 100 test strips at CVS. Oh, and that spinach lasagna sounds awesome. When I finish this tuna casserole I will have to make that one.

Hope everyone had a great day on induction. Looking forward to hearing about some of your losses this week. This is the first WOE I have ever felt fully satisfied so I am staying til the last pound is gone.... WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharris30 View Post
Here's a good thread I just ran across on planning ahead if anyone else is interested: Planning ahead... Suggestions?
Just checked it out. Lots of good information in that thread. Thanks

JEnnifer
Old 01-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

aharris: I bet you could make a kicken peanut butter type shake with heavy cream, sugar free peanut butter, some kind of artificial sweetner, SF chocolate syrup and ice blended in a blender. I think I may have to make one for me tomorrow morning instead of that high carb frappe I am used to Sunday mornings.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Is peanut butter even allowed on induction?

I hope so cause I just made the best thing ever! I took one of the atkins mocha shakes and an atkins cookies and cream bars. I added them to a blender of ice, a little stevia, a tbsp of coconut oil and a tbsp of sf peanut butter and omg! It made probably 3 or 4 servings of this really frothy creamy peanut buttery chocolate shake. I am going to save some of it for breakfast and my Sunday morning coffee binge. If it's not I guess we will see what it does to my ketosis tonight when I test and tomorrow morning.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nevadagirl
Stats: 248/248/170
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 2, 2013
Hi all...may I join also! A little about me...I am a 42 year old mother of an 18 yo boy, I live alone with my two Boxer dogs. My husband is currently in prison for DUI's...he just graduated from le Courdon Bleu Culinary School. I have done Atkins 3 times before with fantastic results but I always find myself becoming lazy and making poor choices...this time its different...I know how much better I feel while omitting all the refined garbage in food and I will remain on this way of eating forever. I currently weigh 248 pounds, not my highest but not far off...I took November and December off so I could "enjoy" the holiday season (ya right) I felt bloated and huge the entire time. I plan to start at the gym, at least the treadmill, just to get moving more. Right now it is so stinking cold that going for a walk just doesnt appeal to me. I had a complete hysterectomy 11 years ago and everything changed after that. So that's a little about me...I'm glad to be here
nevadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Hi nevadagirl
Your start weight is the same as mine. I lost 7lbs on my first week of induction so I am currently at 241. I am constantly amazed at how much information these threads have. Definitely check out the food porn threads as they have a lot of great ideas for variety and WELCOME I find that the support of the people on these boards are crucial to my success. You have an entire fan club just waiting to cheer you on and encourage you in the hard times.

Jennifer
Old 01-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nevadagirl
Stats: 248/248/170
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 2, 2013
I will certainly check that out...I cant wait for dinner, Chicken tenders that I did by dipping the chicken in egg, then in a mixture of crushed porkrinds and parmesean mixed, baked them and now I'm roasting broccoli...yum-o!!!
nevadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote