Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cosmicstargoat
Stats: 248.5/241.4/215.0 by Oct. 1
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 21, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Keep up the good work Laura. Stay off the scale everyday because it will just drive you nuts. Remember, the water you are drinking each day on Atkins is somewhere around 8 pounds (a gallon of water is 8.4 pounds). So depending on your peeing schedule, you could easily be up a pound or two. So, relax a little bit and just stick to the program and check your weight in a couple weeks. Also, make sure you take your measurements to insure you are getting smaller.
Stevie, that's a great point about the water. At any time, your weight can vary 2.5-3.0 lbs. just because of water. Increased sodium can retain water, BUT if you are drinking the right amount of water and eating the right amount of fat, this should not be a big issue.

It's just like the stock market, it's the trend, not the daily fluctuations.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
Frustration will NOT set in!!!! Frustration will NOT set in!!!!!
This is now day three with NO loss, but hey I really am glad that it's not a gain. I know that it's going to break soon, because my body is just trying to adjust to this new way of eating.

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 4 slices turkey bacon, 2 fried eggs (with coconut oil - tried for the first time - it's good)
L: 8 cheese crisps & 2 egg white cheese omelet
D: grilled chicken salad
S: one minute muffin (tried for the first time last night - EXCELLENT)
Old 08-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #243
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Klynne
Stats: 261/257.8/130
Start Date: 7/20/2012
Sails - Just keep at it, your body will respond! Make sure you are drinking lots of water, as it tends to help!

Checking in for the day! I am planning some yoga and walking tonight, though I feel like I might just be dreaming about that, considering its like 115 outside!
As far as the convo about getting on the scale everyday, I understand that a lot of plans (whether it be Dr. Atkins, WW, and several other ones I have seen) really encourage not to get on the scale everyday. For me though, I know it can be much more devastating to go through a week, work really hard, eat really well, and then end up gaining. That is the biggest point of frustration for me.
Anywho, here is the menu for the day:

B: OMM, fried egg, and two strips of bacon, coffee with cream
L: Eggplant lasagna with small side salad
S: 10 black olives and 1/2 of a small avocado
D: Black and blue salad (?? Its an idea I have been turning over in my head. Sort of like a black and blue burger, but on a bed of romaine??)

Everybody have a great evening!
Kerensa
Old 08-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Hang in there salis.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post

D: Black and blue salad (?? Its an idea I have been turning over in my head. Sort of like a black and blue burger, but on a bed of romaine??)
Never heard of a black and blue burger before but I just looked up a recipe and it looks awesome. Looks like great Atkins food to me. Instead of putting it on a bead of lettuce, I am going to wrap in a lettuce (sorta like a bun) so I can pick it up. I'm also going to add some mayo mustard, tomatoes and pickles. Sorta wish I didn't have dinner in the oven already.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #246
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Never heard of a black and blue burger before but I just looked up a recipe and it looks awesome. Looks like great Atkins food to me. Instead of putting it on a bead of lettuce, I am going to wrap in a lettuce (sorta like a bun) so I can pick it up. I'm also going to add some mayo mustard, tomatoes and pickles. Sorta wish I didn't have dinner in the oven already.
They are delicious! I was craving some blue cheese, so I am really looking forward to it! Let me know if you like it!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #247
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jillieb
Stats: 170.5/168/145
Start Date: 7.11.12
Well did a weigh in today and now I'm down 6.5lbs since I started. It's over 3 weeks now. I been bumping up my exercise too. I was going to measure but ate and forgot, I'll measure tomorrow since it's been over a week since I did last. I do notice one of my shorts that had a reasonable size muffin top hanging over, fit now! yay!

B-2 eggs scrambled
S-cheese stick
L-left over brocoli and beef from the other day
S-6 almonds (i know bad!)
D-sour cream chicken & brocoili

Probably have a cheese stick or something in a bit for a snack.

I've had lots of water, and a couple other drinks.

Sails..it seems your doing well, it just takes your body and bit to realize what's going on. keep up with your water. You'll end up flushing something out.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Day four NO loss, but I am still holding on. I am tracking EVERYTHING that I put in my mouth on ****** and I am drinking LOTS of water. I have noticed that my BM's are not coming daily and have stalled a couple of days, so I am going to take a little laxative to help the flow. I have enjoyed the one minute muffins with ground flax so I will probably eat a couple of those today. Thanks everyone for your support!!

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 3 turkey bacon, 2 fried egg with cheese with sausage crumbles
S: one minute muffin
L: McDonald's double cheeseburger NO BUN
S: one minute muffin
D: grilled chicken with creamy spinach
Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I'm back from part 1 of my week away. I decided that I wasn't going to stress over not having my appropriate food choices in front of me and just do the best I can.
I had my share of sweet white corn, cherries and ice cream. Headed for HERSHEY's PA today. Hershey's=chocolate

I won't overdo it but I'm not going to stress over counting calories, carbs and basically going coo coo like I do at home

I'll start my two weeks over on Monday.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #250
Junior LCF Member

Checking in this morning! Yoga? Check! Walking? Check!

Sails! You are going great, and your menu looks awesome! I know that last week (before I got my flax seed) I was having problems with that too. But since I started eating one daily, I have not been having any problems. Just think though, if the scale is not moving either way, and you haven't been able to have a BM, you gotta be losing something there! Just a morsel for thought.

Betty - I think as long as when you get back, you promise to yourself to be focused and get back on track! Vacations are a part of life, so when they happen, we have to remember to relax some. That is what they are there for, after all.

On the menu for today:
B - Coffee with cream, flax muffin with butter, 1 egg, and 2 pieces of bacon
L - Black and Blue salad (leftovers from last night, it was delicious BTW)
S - 10 black olives and 2 cheesesticks
D - 1/2 ribeye with side salad and maybe some mashed cauli

Everyone remember to stay on track, and have an awesome day!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

ya, but I'm not relaxing too much. There is no reason why I can't stay on plan. Atkins is the most adaptable way of eating there is.

I want these lbs gone just as much as the next person!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurel
Stats: 188/168/135
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 7/2012
Weighed in this morning. I am down 5 lbs in a week. I am feeling mighty pleased.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
Weighed in this morning. I am down 5 lbs in a week. I am feeling mighty pleased.
Fantastic. Glad it is working for you.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neezie
Stats: 238.2/getting smaller!/130
Start Date: July 2012
Hi All,
Great job, Laurel!

Betty- I say try to stay as on plan as you can while still feeling like you can enjoy your food and vacation.

Nice menu, Kerensa!

Sails, I was having bm issues and upping my lettuce, celery, radishes, and cucumber(all really low carb) along with tons of water helped. Flax muffins help a lot too.

Today I used a mantra all day. (I read about using affirmations in another thread). Hey, can't hurt. "I am skinny and healthy and weigh 120 pounds and everything I eat makes me thin!" It really felt like I was programming my subsconscious mind with positive feelings about weight loss.

I had a minor miracle happen at the movie theater last night. Movie theater popcorn is one of my trigger foods. When I don't eat popcorn at the movies, I just sit there and crave it for two hours as I smell other peoples' popcorn with jealousy. It's been a real issue my whole life, because I can't stop eating the popcorn. Well...drum roll...last night I went to the movie and I didn't crave popcorn even one time!!!! I brought some cheese and was fine. I was able to enjoy the movie without even thinking about popcorn. WOW!

Today's menu:
B- two sausage patties, two poached eggs, with some cheddar melted on top
L- turkey and cheese with tomato on lettuce leaves
S flax muffin with cream cheese
D- low carb linda's chile relleno casserole, some celery, radishes, and cucumber
Old 08-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cstyles
Stats: 297/293/150
WOE: Atkins, the "old" one
Start Date: 07/15/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
WOW! That's great.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

I really want some bread today. Not gonna do it, but man I really want it. That is all.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neezie
Stats: 238.2/getting smaller!/130
Start Date: July 2012
Hi Big Stevie,
Maybe you could make a low carb thing that could give you that bread like fix?
Flax muffins really give me a bread fix. Also, some people use the oopsie rolls as a good bread substitute.

Today was a really great day. I have been doing thin affirmations and visualizing myself thin which has been really fun. My rings are getting bigger as are my clothes.

B- three pieces bacon
L- shirataki noodles with cheddar, butter, cream (mac and cheese fix)
S-Flax muffin
D-chile relleno casserole with small salad
Old 08-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezie View Post
My rings are getting bigger as are my clothes.
F the scale (of course I mean forget it) You are losing no mater what it says. Keep up the work. I just got into some smaller clothes today as well. It feels good.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nikki1965
Stats: 265/246/168
Start Date: 2nd July 2012
Hello Everyone...
I hope you do not mind me tagging along.
You have some very inspiring information between you all..
I have been doing Atkins for 4 weeks.
I lost 14lbs in the 1st 2 weeks but have stayed the same for the last 2 weeks.
Tomorrow (Monday) is weigh in so fingers crossed...I have hopped on and off the scales this week in desperation really and it has to stop because it really upsets my day when I am up! i'm like a lot of you...a yoyo!!
I have read so many forums and it seems it is all about 'science' and fat cells holding onto water...so...I came to see you folks to keep me in line.
I think I am a little disappointed because I have lots to lose and I go on holiday in 9 weeks!!

Nikki x
Old 08-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Welcome aboard Nikki. Sounds like you are doing great so far. I am two weeks in tomorrow. I like you have been losing a lot at the start. I am sure we will be successful if we keep at it.

Good luck on your holiday. Don't let it get you off track.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #261
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dtnj0618
Hi,
I am new too! In my second week and 223/210/132 God bless you all as you seek your best you!
Old 08-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dtnj0618
That IS a miracle I hope to achieve!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

I'm back!!
Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm starting my two weeks over today. I didn't weigh this morning..too scared!

Last edited by betty301; 08-06-2012 at 06:46 AM..
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #264
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nikki1965
Stats: 265/246/168
Start Date: 2nd July 2012
Thank you for your warm welcome....
Stevie...I will definately be careful on holiday...My Dad makes the meanest Sangria!
But yes...we will keep at it and the results will come...good luck with your weigh-in
I did lose 2lbs this morning...very happy and very unexpected...will stay off scales until next Monday!!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

I've not posted in a couple of days, due to a hectic weekend schedule, but things still are NOT going my way on the scale....I ONLY lost .4lbs this week AND to make things worse my little "friend" decides to visit me - DANG!!!!!..... Just know that I'm convinced that the scale is the devil and wants to destroy me!!!!.....BUT, I'm NOT going to give up, because in the end I will win!!!!!......I'm praying for a breakthrough REALLY soon.

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 4 turkey bacon, cheese omelet (crumbled sausage/diced ham)
S: flax muffin
L: crab legs & butter
D: baked catfish & creamy spinach
Old 08-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Salis- ugh. I hope you get a breakthrough soon!!!
But that's good that your sticking to it!! Are you keeping track of your food?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

I'll tell you all my fear. My fear is that I eat super duper healthy;lo carb,no grains, no sugar, little dairy etc..and my body just adapts but I don't lose any of the lbs
Old 08-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezie View Post
I had a minor miracle happen at the movie theater last night. Movie theater popcorn is one of my trigger foods. When I don't eat popcorn at the movies, I just sit there and crave it for two hours as I smell other peoples' popcorn with jealousy. It's been a real issue my whole life, because I can't stop eating the popcorn. Well...drum roll...last night I went to the movie and I didn't crave popcorn even one time!!!! I brought some cheese and was fine. I was able to enjoy the movie without even thinking about popcorn. WOW
Thats awesome Neezie! I used to have a problem like that too! And then I started working in a movie theater...lets just say when you see it and smell it ALL the time, it doesn't seem that good anymore. Kind of a desensitizing(?) if you will.

Well I was out of the house again this weekend, due to some unforeseen circumstances relating to my car, so I didn't have control over the foods that we had. While I stayed away from any form of bread or potatoes, I was up this morning by about 2 lbs... But I am right back on track today!

I have had a hankering the last couple of weeks for some ribs, and I found a pretty good deal at the grocery store on some country style ribs, so I figured I would go for it. Here's is the kicker though. I went to look for some low carb barbeque sauce, and there is none to be found! So I decided to make my own. lol...another stumbling block. The recipe I found from Linda needs low carb ketchup...another no show. So today I am going to be making my own ketchup and barbeque sauce! We will see how it turns out!

The menu for today:
B - 1 egg, 3 heat and serve sausage links, 1/2 flax muffin w/ cream cheese, couple cups of coffee with cream and soem stevia (its pretty good neezie)
L - Some leftover ribeye and a small salad
S - 10 black olives and 1/2 and avocado
D - Country style ribs, small salad, and maybe a cup of broccoli

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sails92 View Post
I've not posted in a couple of days, due to a hectic weekend schedule, but things still are NOT going my way on the scale....I ONLY lost .4lbs this week AND to make things worse my little "friend" decides to visit me - DANG!!!!!..... Just know that I'm convinced that the scale is the devil and wants to destroy me!!!!.....BUT, I'm NOT going to give up, because in the end I will win!!!!!......I'm praying for a breakthrough REALLY soon.

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 4 turkey bacon, cheese omelet (crumbled sausage/diced ham)
S: flax muffin
L: crab legs & butter
D: baked catfish & creamy spinach
Keep at it. If you haven't already, go over the ******.com and put your food into a journal. It will tell you how much fat, protein and carbs you had for each day. To me your diet looks low in fat but I may be wrong. So check it out. You need to get most of your calories from fat to make this thing work. Fish, crab and turkey bacon have low fat.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
I'll tell you all my fear. My fear is that I eat super duper healthy;lo carb,no grains, no sugar, little dairy etc..and my body just adapts but I don't lose any of the lbs
Let that fear go and go for it for two weeks. High fat, low carbs and don't worry about it. It certainly won't hurt you and then you will know if it works for you. This is a totally different way of eating compared to what you have been doing. You need to get out of your head and just do it for two weeks. You can do it. You want it or you wouldn't be hanging around here. Now go for it. YOU CAN DO IT.
Closed Thread