Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #2161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: martha
Stats: 138/102.3/107?
WOE: Low Carb Mediterranean/IF maintenance
Start Date: Feb. 25, 2013 Goal weight Sept. 11, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post

I try to be conscious when I eat. If I don't, I tend to overeat. What I mean by conscious is that I get a certain amount, I chew it thoroughly, I really enjoy each bite, and I eat slow. Before I was on this plan, I would just throw high calorie food in my mouth and chomp them on down without thought or enjoyment. You can eat a lot of candy, chips, or nuts and get a lot of calories quickly.
I finally, finally learned that I could stop eating before I felt full, and if I turned my attention to other things, that feeling of fullness would get there in a minute. Huge.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #2162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
Hello Induction Babies =)

I haven't really been keeping in touch as much since I'm doing the Whole30 and that does not include induction level carbs. But I wanted to let you guys know I'm still around and things are going really well with the Whole30! I don't miss dairy as much as I thought I would. And eating a little more fruit has made me feel a lot better, although fruit is still very restricted. So far I have lost 7lbs, so back to my lowest when doing induction. I feel good eating whole, organic foods (no more frankenfoods and artificial sweeteners, well ANY sweeteners!) and I've been getting in harder and harder hikes. I am trying to catch up on everything that has happened since I left off! You guys have been busy!!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #2163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Keepingawake
Stats: 310/260/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Hello all!
I've been following along, but have been swamped with a variety of challenges (or as a friend likes to say, "opportunities for growth") the past few weeks. I'm still in full induction mode and have continued to slowly but surely drop the weight.
One challenge I feel like I'm having increasingly is getting enough fiber. Beyond upping my veggies, does anyone have a good recommendation for a fiber supplement or fiber-rich foods (I'm looking at you, flax seed... but you should bring some friends to the party). I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 09-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #2164
Senior LCF Member

Try ground chia seed in smoothies -- not carb free by any means but may fit into your plan -- and I also use plain unflavored psyllium seed husks and seed, though some people report trouble with that. I don't count it in my totals. I have a friend who can't bear to choke it down plain with water (no problem for me) so she mixes it with her yogurt and thinks it's fine that way. Good luck, it is a challenge, and the nicest thing for me about being at a somewhat higher carb level these days is that it's a lot less of a challenge than it used to be.

Last edited by martha; 09-14-2013 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #2165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Hey Trillex, haven't seen any posts from you in a few days. I know you're in the middle of moving, but just wanted to say that I hope all is well. Missing your words of wisdom! (((HUGS)))
HUGS, MAMI!!! Hello, Induction Babies!!! I've missed you guys! I've been totally off the grid since I've been back in Michigan. My first day of classes was 4 September and I've been in full-on hustle mode since then.

I was lucky enough to find a really great apartment in my favorite neighborhood -- so I'm currently living on a great walking path that leads along the river. It's nice and hilly so the path is always a great physical challenge. It's never crowded with people and there's lots of wildlife so the path is a fantastic, relaxing stress reliever. The basic trail is just over 5 miles but on days when I want to go for a bit longer, I can continue on for another 3 miles toward town and customize my walk to fit my mood and available time.

My students are all brilliant, hard-working high achievers so every one of them is an absolute pleasure to work with. I teach first-year composition, but I teach using a financial markets theme which seems to attract the kids who are prepping themselves for Wall Street. So my students are always ready and willing to work their tails off, no matter how much work I give them. And I give them a lot of writing assignments because, in my opinion, writing a lot is the best way to build good writing habits. I'm the *mean* teacher who emailed my students a homework assignment to bring to our FIRST class meeting! HaHa! To my delight, they all did the assignment! But I have to mark all of those writing assignments. So I've been treading water.

Last Monday, I moved up to the "berries" rung of the Ongoing Weight Loss ladder, which has come in handy when I've been limited to campus dining. So I've been able to grab a cup of sliced strawberries and a yogurt while I've been stuck on campus. I added yogurt back to my menu, on the "fresh cheeses" rung of the Ongoing Weight Loss ladder. So this has been a godsend because the student unions and coffee shops have a very limited selection -- mostly sandwiches -- but they always have Chobani and sliced strawberries. I forgot to install Microsoft Office onto my new laptop before I left Chicago -- and I forgot to bring the disks with me -- so I've been working in MS Word at a computer lab on campus. As a result, I've had days when I've been a prisoner of campus dining for 12-15 hours, between teaching and working in a lab.

My next weigh and measure day will be this coming Tuesday. I teach on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays so I'm only seeing my trainer on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I've been making sure to get at least 5 miles of walking on my teaching days so I'm feeling good and staying strong!

Cheers, all! I hope to spend more time with you once I settle into the swing of things.

Tril
Old 09-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #2166
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
Hello Induction Babies =)

I haven't really been keeping in touch as much since I'm doing the Whole30 and that does not include induction level carbs. But I wanted to let you guys know I'm still around and things are going really well with the Whole30! I don't miss dairy as much as I thought I would. And eating a little more fruit has made me feel a lot better, although fruit is still very restricted. So far I have lost 7lbs, so back to my lowest when doing induction. I feel good eating whole, organic foods (no more frankenfoods and artificial sweeteners, well ANY sweeteners!) and I've been getting in harder and harder hikes. I am trying to catch up on everything that has happened since I left off! You guys have been busy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepingawake View Post
Hello all!
I've been following along, but have been swamped with a variety of challenges (or as a friend likes to say, "opportunities for growth") the past few weeks. I'm still in full induction mode and have continued to slowly but surely drop the weight.
One challenge I feel like I'm having increasingly is getting enough fiber. Beyond upping my veggies, does anyone have a good recommendation for a fiber supplement or fiber-rich foods (I'm looking at you, flax seed... but you should bring some friends to the party). I hope everyone is doing well!

I'm glad we've kept pursuing our goals through all of the dietary adjustments and "opportunities for growth"! I'm really proud of you guys. And I'm happy to hear that things are going well.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #2167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Trillex, so glad to see you back!!! I know the school year can be so time consuming for teachers! My daughter is an English Teacher and Debate Coach, and she's teaching 5 AP classes this year, and I know how very limited her time is doing the school year. She loved having more time to work out during the summer! LOL

Just wanted to say hi and let you know you're missed when you're not here!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #2168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Trillex glad to see you back. Great to hear you are loving the apartment. The path sounds nice. I have a state park nearby that I want to take the lil boys to if I ever have time. I love to walk and it's really pretty back in there.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #2169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Keepingawake
Stats: 310/260/200
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Try ground chia seed in smoothies -- not carb free by any means but may fit into your plan -- and I also use plain unflavored psyllium seed husks and seed, though some people report trouble with that. I don't count it in my totals. I have a friend who can't bear to choke it down plain with water (no problem for me) so she mixes it with her yogurt and thinks it's fine that way. Good luck, it is a challenge, and the nicest thing for me about being at a somewhat higher carb level these days is that it's a lot less of a challenge than it used to be.
Thanks Martha! They are now on the list!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #2170
Senior LCF Member

Trillex! Happy to see you and glad to hear that everything is going so well. I'm a teacher, too. Two part-time jobs, one in New Jersey and one in Brooklyn. My attitude is better this year, I can already tell. I think it's because I'm healthy! You have a great semester.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #2171
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
This thread has been closed due to its size. Please continue your discussion in Induction Babies #2
Closed Thread