Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #1861
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
It's great seeing you, Olivia! You're such a nice, positive, fun person. I remember you from the Induction Challenge thread. And also from an inspiring 8-week challenge thread that you and some other great girls participated in.

It's good to see you back on the forum! I hope you'll stick with us -- the Induction Babies TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS. HaHa!
See I knew I popped into the right thread! I def. need to handle my business too.

Thank you for the warm welcomes Laura Davis and Big Stevie!

I hope everyones is having a productive day!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #1862
Major LCF Poster!

Well Yesterday was day1 one back on plan and had a good day. I did not get side tracked or derailed. I hung on tight!

With that, I lost a 4.5lbs over night. I know I am full of bloat right now and TOM has the scale reading higher anyways. I will just have to suck up the fact that the scale did read 260 yesterday and just start with it regardless of tom and his swollen antics.

I planned out me and the hubbs meal plans for the remainder of the week so there is no unneccesary hold ups or reasons to eat anything else off plan.

I will admit that I did try get my arse back in gear last week with no luck. However, the hubbs benefited from it and down 4 lbs still even after our hazardly weekend carbfest.

Men and their fat burning abilities. blugh....

Talk to you all later!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #1863
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
MissG - You have such a good attitude about your DH losing weight anyways. It makes me secretly NUTS that my DH continues to lose weight eating waaaaaaayyyyy more carbs that I eat! We will eat essentially the same meal - lets say burgers -

His "low carb" - 1/2lb burger patty no fillers, 1 slice cheese, mayo, ketchup, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion on full carb bun, plus fries and 4 beers.

My low carb - 1/4lb burger patty no fillers, 1 slice cheese, mayo, low carb ketchup, lettuce. No bun. No fries. No beer.

The next day he will be DOWN 2lbs and I'll be exactly the same >:{

sooooo not fair.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #1864
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Hey Steve... it's not every night I get to see someone post while I'm at work.
Well I am on the West Coast, so it was late, but not too crazy late. What work do you do in the middle of the night?
Old 07-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #1865
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
MissG - You have such a good attitude about your DH losing weight anyways. It makes me secretly NUTS that my DH continues to lose weight eating waaaaaaayyyyy more carbs that I eat! We will eat essentially the same meal - lets say burgers -

His "low carb" - 1/2lb burger patty no fillers, 1 slice cheese, mayo, ketchup, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion on full carb bun, plus fries and 4 beers.

My low carb - 1/4lb burger patty no fillers, 1 slice cheese, mayo, low carb ketchup, lettuce. No bun. No fries. No beer.

The next day he will be DOWN 2lbs and I'll be exactly the same >:{

sooooo not fair.
Ohhhhh......I get frustrated too! lol....I start gettting frustrated when He's in the lead and still eats more then me too. I feel your pain!

In the beginning we will lose at the same rate but the I start slowing down within a month of starting low carb while he continues onwards and downwards.

The only way I can keep things on track with him is to positivly encourage him and be excited for him for his progress. He has his moments of discouragement as well. It usually happens when he doenst drink enough water during the day.

He has about 45lbs to lose, I about 100 lol..... <----That number seems to just mock me.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #1866
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cinglessofme
Stats: 265/250/150
WOE: High-Fat, Low-Carb
You can do it MissG I started 5 lbs heavier than you in January, I still have 77 lbs to go but I know its doable!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #1867
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/153.4/140
Start Date: June 29,2013
Hi everyone, 'm new here and need a bit of encouragement on this journey. I have Hypothyroidism and this makes it hard to lose weight at all. So far I'm doing a slow slow loss but still hanging in there, any suggestions?
I unfortunately gained 2.4 lbs in the past few days due to a major carb day I had due to a dinner at work. Now I'm back on the wagon and need someone elses input on the journey.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #1868
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Hiya, induction babies! I'm at O'Hare airport on my way to Istanbul. But I've got my tablet and trusty laptop, so I'll be keeping tabs on y'all!

I have a case of Quest bars in my bag so I've got those in case the stale airport pastries start looking good to me. So far, though, I have no desire to eat anything in this airport.

BTW, these Quest bars are actually pretty good! No aftertaste. I tried one before I committed to flying across an ocean with a sack of them...

My flight is 11 hours. Then a Turkish colleague is taking me to dinner when I land. So I'll check in after that to let you know what carb challenges I'm faced with. I should have done some research (but I didn't) so I have no idea what I'm likely to be served in Turkey. I'm hoping it's like Greece, with great roasted lamb and fresh fish. We'll see!

Cheers!
Tril
Old 07-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #1869
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Steve I work in the logistics office of Reckitt Benckiser. We make lysol products, woolite, jet dry, old english and such. I got the lucky postion of 3rd shift... but I really like my job so no problems.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #1870
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hiya, induction babies! I'm at O'Hare airport on my way to Istanbul. But I've got my tablet and trusty laptop, so I'll be keeping tabs on y'all!

I have a case of Quest bars in my bag so I've got those in case the stale airport pastries start looking good to me. So far, though, I have no desire to eat anything in this airport.

BTW, these Quest bars are actually pretty good! No aftertaste. I tried one before I committed to flying across an ocean with a sack of them...

My flight is 11 hours. Then a Turkish colleague is taking me to dinner when I land. So I'll check in after that to let you know what carb challenges I'm faced with. I should have done some research (but I didn't) so I have no idea what I'm likely to be served in Turkey. I'm hoping it's like Greece, with great roasted lamb and fresh fish. We'll see!

Cheers!
Tril
OMG! Turkey is my favorite country in the whole world. I have been to more than 40 different countries and Turkey is on the top of my list. I am very jealous. You will have no issues eating there. They have some of the freshest and nicest food of anywhere in the world. The historic sites from the early Christians are simply unparalleled. The later Muslim sites are equally amazing. That was the center of the world for a long time. I have been wanting to go again so bad, but other places keep getting in the way. Enjoy your trip. Catch a soccer game if you can. Great atmosphere at the games there.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #1871
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Keepingawake
Stats: 310/260/200
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by margn View Post
Hi everyone, 'm new here and need a bit of encouragement on this journey. I have Hypothyroidism and this makes it hard to lose weight at all. So far I'm doing a slow slow loss but still hanging in there, any suggestions?
I unfortunately gained 2.4 lbs in the past few days due to a major carb day I had due to a dinner at work. Now I'm back on the wagon and need someone elses input on the journey.
Welcome to the group! Don't let anything get you down or discouraged. I had some real difficulties in the past, but this group is great to keep you on the path.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #1872
Senior LCF Member

I'm back! Italy was harder to get through food-wise than I thought, but I think I did pretty well overall. It sounds like everyone is doing well!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #1873
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
OMG! Turkey is my favorite country in the whole world. I have been to more than 40 different countries and Turkey is on the top of my list. I am very jealous. You will have no issues eating there. They have some of the freshest and nicest food of anywhere in the world. The historic sites from the early Christians are simply unparalleled. The later Muslim sites are equally amazing. That was the center of the world for a long time. I have been wanting to go again so bad, but other places keep getting in the way. Enjoy your trip. Catch a soccer game if you can. Great atmosphere at the games there.
You are absolutely right! I had some of the best, freshest, grilled fish I've ever had in my life. No sauce or anything, just beautifully grilled fresh fish. There was a wide variety of chopped salads -- that looked kind of like tabouleh but made with what appeared to be beets and/or carrots -- but I avoided those because I didn't know what was in them. So I ate the fish with some of the wide selection of chopped salad veggies. Delish!

It's Ramadan so the "dinner" was actually what I would call a "party" that started after sunset. There was a buffet, which contained the grilled fish that I was just telling you about. But there was also music and dancing. And everyone joined in and did Turkish dancing -- which looks to me like Greek dancing -- with arms around each others' shoulders dancing in a circle and kicking. The men even went down on one knee the way they do in Greek dancing. Then the techno music started -- because this IS Europe -- and it was unbelievably AWESOME watching women in hijabs and robes dancing to really bad techno. I hope that doesn't sound condescending because it was GENUINELY cool.

I left the party at 12:30AM because I didn't get any sleep on the plane so I was too exhausted to listen to anymore badly-produced electronica, but the rest of the crowd was still partying when I left -- and the people I was talking to at the party were doctors or engineers or bankers, which means they have jobs to go to tomorrow. So I have to tip my hat to these Turkish partiers for being able to get down and then get up in the morning!

The guy who drove me home took me by the Besiktas Stadium because I asked him about it. Apparently, the Besiktas FOOTBALL STADIUM has a disco in it?!?! Again, I must tip my hat to the Turkish ability to par-tay! Because putting a disco inside a football stadium is hardcore.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #1874
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepingawake View Post
I'm back! Italy was harder to get through food-wise than I thought, but I think I did pretty well overall. It sounds like everyone is doing well!
Welcome back! What were some of the challenges with which you were faced? Temptation? Lack of options? Cooperation from servers and staff? Or something entirely different? Just wondering!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #1875
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
YAnd everyone joined in and did Turkish dancing -- which looks to me like Greek dancing -- with arms around each others' shoulders dancing in a circle and kicking..
Be very careful comparing the Turks the Greeks. They have been battling each other for centuries and they don't tend to like one another too much. I am sure the Turks will be quick to correct you. They are both amazing civilizations that have been very active since the beginning of humanity. I am truly jealous. I pray to be there someday soon. Make sure you see Hagia Sophia. Buy leather at the grand bazaar. Go to the underground cisterns. Go to Mary's (the mother of God) house. I hope you get to see everything. How long you staying? Go to Ephesus if you get a chance. BTW, you also need to smoke the hookah at one of the hookah bars along the wall.

Last edited by Big Stevie; 07-18-2013 at 10:28 PM..
Old 07-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #1876
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome back! What were some of the challenges with which you were faced? Temptation? Lack of options? Cooperation from servers and staff? Or something entirely different? Just wondering!
Mostly temptation and traveling with others who were not on this WOE. I figured I would be tempted a bit (I don't really get tempted back at home this time around, strangely), but it was much more difficult than I thought. I will say that you were right in terms of all the choices available as it made it easier to order food that worked than what I found in Southern Africa (carbs a go go there). I hope you're having fun in Turkey. I have a friend from grad school who invited me to stay with her and her family there at some point in the future and I hope to take her up on it someday.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #1877
Senior LCF Member

So excited for your amazing trip Trillex!! It sounds FABULOUS!

My tiny little excitement today - I'm down another pant size. Had to throw out half my wardrobe and went shopping. Only found 2 pairs of pants and 1 pair of shorts that I liked, but wow, to be in my mini-goal size pants feels great!

I waited till I had coupons and they were on clearance but it still felt like a LOT of money.

But I also had to buy new bras. I didn't have a single bra that fit right so I had a fitting. I went from a 40 DD to a 38DDD. 3Ds. OMG!! That's NUTS.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:43 AM   #1878
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
buying new bras is great I got 2 today and a pair of smexy undies. I love new clothes.

Trillex - you forgot to pack me in yer luggage!!!!! Sounds like you are having a blast!!!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #1879
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations on the shrinking ladies. It is great going down, but it does cost some money. I have been shopping the thrift stores since I am only keeping the clothes for 8 to 10 weeks then I am down another size. At least that is the way it have been. I am on my 5th size and pretty close to final size. I am more willing to spend money now that I will probably be able to keep some stuff for more than a few weeks.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:59 AM   #1880
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Be very careful comparing the Turks the Greeks. They have been battling each other for centuries and they don't tend to like one another too much. I am sure the Turks will be quick to correct you. They are both amazing civilizations that have been very active since the beginning of humanity. I am truly jealous. I pray to be there someday soon. Make sure you see Hagia Sophia. Buy leather at the grand bazaar. Go to the underground cisterns. Go to Mary's (the mother of God) house. I hope you get to see everything. How long you staying? Go to Ephesus if you get a chance. BTW, you also need to smoke the hookah at one of the hookah bars along the wall.
I'm actually in Naples, Italy, now! I got in yesterday -- I wanted to get to Italy before Sunday mass because I love Italian mass so I'm trying to spend all of my vacation Sundays in Italy. I'll be in Napoli until 5 August, then back to Istanbul until 9 August.

I had a great time in Istanbul! I know that this is going to be very disappointing but I'm not really a sightseer -- I'm kind of shallow and I honestly just get bored *looking at* notable places or things. So I usually spend my vacations trying to get into the fabric of local life and trying to understand how different people live and interact with each other. With that said, though, one of my friends from college (who is Turkish) now lives in Istanbul and she and her husband took me out on the Bosphorus, which was a beautiful experience!

Believe me, I know about the historical conflicts between the Greeks and Turks so I definitely didn't mention Greek dancing to the Turks -- even though it's SO SIMILAR! I've been to Greece many times -- I hit the Cyclades HARD every chance I get! Plus, since I'm from the south side of Chicago, I have quite a few close friends that I've grown up with who are Greek (and with whom I've gone to Greece). In fact, when I told my friend's dad about this trip, he actually referred to "Istanbul" as -- in his words -- "Constantanopolis or whatever they're calling it these days." It's been Istanbul for as long as all of us put together have been alive, but he's still not accepting it.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:06 AM   #1881
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mostly temptation and traveling with others who were not on this WOE. I figured I would be tempted a bit (I don't really get tempted back at home this time around, strangely), but it was much more difficult than I thought. I will say that you were right in terms of all the choices available as it made it easier to order food that worked than what I found in Southern Africa (carbs a go go there). I hope you're having fun in Turkey. I have a friend from grad school who invited me to stay with her and her family there at some point in the future and I hope to take her up on it someday.
One more question -- I'm curious -- how was the breakfast situation? What were you offered? And what did you end up having?

I just knocked back an espresso this AM and had nothing else. I'm not typically hungry in the morning, so this would be my preference no matter what the situation. Plus, it's Sunday and I'm Latin so I was raised to not eat before mass.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:08 AM   #1882
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Trillex - you forgot to pack me in yer luggage!!!!! Sounds like you are having a blast!!!!!
It's not too late to sign up for my trip to visit Beetle in the South Pacific in 2014! I'm willing to share the sexy Maori male population with you... HaHa!
Old 07-21-2013, 03:12 AM   #1883
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
But I also had to buy new bras. I didn't have a single bra that fit right so I had a fitting. I went from a 40 DD to a 38DDD. 3Ds. OMG!! That's NUTS.
I HAVE CHEST ENVY!!!

Sigh... I wish my chest went up a cup size because of the diet! But no. Down. Down. Down. I'm willing to accept the downsides with the upsides but I'm not gonna lie, I wish my chest (or as I like to refer to the girls, "Laverne and Shirley") had hung in there!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #1884
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
One more question -- I'm curious -- how was the breakfast situation? What were you offered? And what did you end up having?

I just knocked back an espresso this AM and had nothing else. I'm not typically hungry in the morning, so this would be my preference no matter what the situation. Plus, it's Sunday and I'm Latin so I was raised to not eat before mass.
Breakfast was rough, though all the places we stayed had an "american breakfast," which generally meant that in addition to pastries and coffee, they included some sort of egg dish, meats, and cheeses. The meats and cheeses were fine, but paltry; the egg dish was generally less successful. The espresso was great, though -- a good start to the day and something that gave me strength against the non-stop temptation assault of gelato places. I hope you enjoy Naples and the coast. We had a great time in Amalfi and Positano!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #1885
Senior LCF Member

How about going the bullet proof coffee route for breakfast. Throw 4 or 5 pats of butter in that espresso and you will be good to go for a long time. It really does carry you through. I use it on all my religous fasting days.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #1886
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My tiny little excitement today - I'm down another pant size. Had to throw out half my wardrobe and went shopping. Only found 2 pairs of pants and 1 pair of shorts that I liked, but wow, to be in my mini-goal size pants feels great!

New wardrobe, score!!!! That's an awesome problem to have.

I hope I am not being too evasive, if i am feel free to ignore this question but I see you had to buy new bra's because your cup size has decreased. Have you noticed any sagging? How much weight have you lost? I am currently your starting cup size and I am so afraid I am going to sag. So far I have purchased new bras because my back is decreasing I haven't had to change my cup size yet.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #1887
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Mine sag so low now, I could just about plait them.

Ive also gone from a 14DD to a 10B

These are NZ sizes, I dont know what 14DD is but 10B is a 32B
Old 07-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #1888
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Breakfast was rough, though all the places we stayed had an "american breakfast," which generally meant that in addition to pastries and coffee, they included some sort of egg dish, meats, and cheeses. The meats and cheeses were fine, but paltry; the egg dish was generally less successful. The espresso was great, though -- a good start to the day and something that gave me strength against the non-stop temptation assault of gelato places. I hope you enjoy Naples and the coast. We had a great time in Amalfi and Positano!
Thanks! I was just wondering... I'm honestly not hungry until much later in the day. And I don't *want* to eat unless I'm genuinely hungry, so just having a morning espresso is perfect for me. Before I started Atkins, I ate whenever food was around. So I'm trying not to be *that person* anymore.

The Turkish coffee was delicious! And even hole-in-the-wall Italian shops make perfect espresso. So I have been absolutely reveling in the dark deliciousness. And I have had a RIDICULOUS amount of coffee since I've been on vacation, which I don't think is a *good* thing. The caffeine has destroyed my appetite, to an unnatural degree, so I haven't eaten a complete meal since I've been on vacation. I'm going to cut back on the coffee today, though. I probably had about a dozen coffees yesterday -- 4 or 5 shots of espresso and 7 or 8 caffč con ghiacco.

I honestly don't understand why coffee is so much better in Europe. I really don't! Coffee isn't grown in Europe -- the whole world gets coffee from the same places. And the espresso machines in America all come from Europe. So why is coffee adequate at best (but usually terrible) in America but delicious in Italy -- and in Spain and France and Greece and Belgium and Portugal and Holland and every other European country I've been to (except Great Britain)? I always forget how *thin* the texture of our coffee is until I have that first cup on vacation and think, "Oh, yes, this is what coffee is supposed to feel like!"

With regard to the constant assault of gelato, it's easier to get dessert in Napoli than it is to get a meal. There are entire streets in commercial/entertainment areas where the only food establishments are bars or gelato shops or pastry shops. No other city that I've visited in Italy has been like this. In my experience, in other areas of Italy, you can't throw a rock straight up into the air without it landing on a ristorante or trattoria.

And Napoli has A LOT MORE overweight people than I've seen anywhere else in Italy. Which I knew about before I got here because I've read about the issues of poverty with which this city struggles. So I guess I thought that their statistically higher bodyfat was the result of their significantly higher rates of poverty, but I didn't mentally connect that information to any particular causes. Then I got here and people are actually eating deep-fried pizza -- I'm not making that up, it's a legit Napoletano *thing* -- and there are pastry shops everywhere.

I'm not pointing this out as a negative judgment, because I think it's an honestly attractive body type. I think the women are *hippy* and curvy and beautiful. And I want to take all of these gorgeous Napoletano men -- with their dark coloring and light eyes and paunchy tummies -- home with me to America. Sophia Loren is from Napoli. And this population, in my opinion, has her kind of sensuous beauty.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #1889
Senior LCF Member

The measurement around my chest is getting smaller, so I went down from a 42DD, to a 40DD and now that I'm a 38, my cup size INCREASED (the nice lady who measured me explained that it's calculated by mesuring the difference between the size of your chest where your underwire sits to the measurement around the largest part of your breasts. My ratio was 38 to 44, so that put me in a 38DDD.
They don't look NEARLY as large as that sounds. I look more like a C cup, but it's all relative to the rest of your body I think. I'm still overweight and have wide hips so it's still proportionate. I do wonder as I get smaller, say size 36 and 34 what my cup size will do. I have sagging all in my lower belly and thighs. Everything ABOVE the belly button has stayed firm so far.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #1890
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Mine sag so low now, I could just about plait them.

Oh, the visual in my mind
Closed Thread