Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #1771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
You're so right! I have/had stuff that I haven't used the whole time that I've lived in Michigan. I got rid of some of it. But I *feel* like I'll need some of it in the future, when I'm living someplace else, so I kept those items.

And I clearly have a problem with shoes. I had eight 20"x20"x18" boxes just with shoes. That can't be normal! Since I've lost weight and dumped the clothes that were too large for me, I had more boxes of shoes than I had of clothes. Weird!

And I'm pretty sure that although I am a biological female, I'm also a drag queen. Because I had boxes marked "tulle" and "sequins/shiny" and "reptile" and "leopard." I think that's because the last time I was this size, I was just starting college and, apparently, I thought going to college meant dressing as if every day was a nightclub.

I also have a specially-lined box just for my tiaras -- I've never been in a pageant, I just like tiaras.
OK... I haven't caught up with all the posts yet but I had to say LOL!!! You are SUCH a girl!

Have you had those shoes for a long time? I noticed that since I could not wear the clothes that I wanted, I bought killer SHOES instead, so I had (ok, if you ask my husband, I still have an unreasonable amount of shoes but really I've thrown out over 100 pair in the past year) 2 seven foot tall shoe towers in my walk in closet with overflow boxes in the basement. But weird thing, when I lost that first 70 lbs, my foot got smaller! I HAD to get rid of at least half of my shoes because they were too big now. Mostly the strappy ones, the straps were too big. Have you tried on strappy heels or sandals recently? I wonder if your feet got smaller like mine since you've lost even more weight than I have?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #1772
Senior LCF Member

Sunday is my weigh day. I'm down another 2lbs, 3lbs if you count the 1lb I was up last Sunday. YAY! Weird thing is, I haven't been hiking in 2 weeks because there have been serious electrical storms and hail in the mountains so it's not safe. I haven't really done anything except take the stairs home and at work (4th fl apt, 5th fl office) and tear the house apart for cleaning, which I do all the time anyways.

I added those bananas two weeks ago to combat the horrible leg cramps but stopped eating those this week (the cramps are REALLY bad, I think not enough potassium in my diet, any advice?) and it seemed to have the effect that Trillex suggested.

I noticed that I have some anxiety-like feelings too when I am not able to get a grueling 4-8 hr hike in on the weekends. I am wondering if I have withdrawals from the steady stream of endorphins I get on those hikes?
Old 07-01-2013, 01:18 AM   #1773
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I take centrum, potassium and magnesium every day now to stop cramping and dizzy spells.

Im not as good as trillix at explaining the phsiological reasons why your body needs more, or how the sodium/potassium pump can get a bit squewy with the new improved peeing power of the low carber, but I can say it's important, and it helps to increase those.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #1774
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Hey everyone.. had 2 days off in a row!!!!!! It's been since Christmas since that happened. Ok so I called in yesterday but hey I'm allowed every now and then. I was lazy and did nothing but watch tv and cook! Loved it.

Great to see ya back Keepingawake. Glad the trip went well. I've mostly unpacked now. Today I unpacked 2 garbage bags of too little for me clothes. Decided to try them on before I put them in the closet. They go up above so I can see what I'm aiming for. Anyway, I found 3 pair of jeans, 3 pair of capri, 1 pair of slacks, and 1 pair of old navy khakis!!!! Now I have to go through the clean laundry I just put away and get rid of the can pull them off without unbuttoning them pants that are starting to get a bit too easy to pull off. A girl only has so many hips to keep these things up.hyst: I got my bathroom floor put in Sunday. It looks wonderful. Now the guy has to come Wednesday and put my toilet back in and replace the faucet in the bathroom and kitchen... Soon my roommate won't have to have a girly smelling bathroom. All is going great in the move at this point.

Ah Shoes. I'm a shoe horder! With the last 2 moves I have gotten rid of my stash. I had at least 75 pair of shoes and boots. Down to 2 pair of tennis shoes, a pair of boots, 4 pair of heels (that I never have a chance to wear), a pair of steel toe Sketchers for work, and like 7 pair of sandals. cmcd1070 I thought it was just me... I have to take off my sandals when I'm driving now cuz they flop around on me. My tennis shoes seem a bit loose also. Just great I'm losing weight in my feet and my boobs...
Old 07-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #1775
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Keepingawake
Stats: 310/260/200
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
I've mostly unpacked now. Today I unpacked 2 garbage bags of too little for me clothes. Decided to try them on before I put them in the closet. They go up above so I can see what I'm aiming for. Anyway, I found 3 pair of jeans, 3 pair of capri, 1 pair of slacks, and 1 pair of old navy khakis!!!! Now I have to go through the clean laundry I just put away and get rid of the can pull them off without unbuttoning them pants that are starting to get a bit too easy to pull off. A girl only has so many hips to keep these things up.hyst:
Laura -- that is a great strategy! One of the ways I have kept myself motivated is trying on my "too small for me, but I kept them anyway" old clothes and see them come closer and closer to fitting me. I got rid of a lot of my skinny clothes (I used to weigh MUCH less and I had some great clothes) the last time I moved, so my options are limited. I did keep this amazing black suit from banana republic that I bought off the rack. It is my goal outfit for sure. I love donating my "too big for me now because I'm a low carb demon" clothes, too. If we all lived closer together, I would suggest a big shopping trip (a la treat yourself from Parks and Rec) when we all reach our goals.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #1776
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
Good work, Big Stevie!

Is your family from Glasgow, by any chance? I love Glasgow -- it's such a fun city and the people are so funny and cool. I also particularly like the Glaswegian accent.
This particular group was from Glasgow. Most of the family is just from outside St. Andrews in the Kingdom of Fife. Their accent is much easier to understand. The Glaswegian one is a bit harder to decipher. Spent a lot of time translating into american English. Especially their slang words. They use "piece" for a sandwich. When they ask the waitresses for a piece, you can imagine some of the strange looks!

Got a chance to watch most of the Confederation Cup. Brazil looked great. Finally Spain came back to earth and looked human.

Trying to get back into a good (normal) eating schedule. While I ate on plan, but I certainly wasn't eating my normal diet nor at my normal intervals. Trying to get back into the grove has been difficult. Did a big shopping run today. With the holiday coming up, I hope I can get back to normal eating patterns instead of following the big group. I also have been drinking too much caffeine, which is never good for me. Good news is I seem to be getting away with it, bad news is that it isn't the healthiest for me from a mental perspective. I need to get more focused so I don't fall off the plan.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #1777
Major LCF Poster!

I am too cheap to go buy too much... but love Goodwill!!! Time to go get some more clothes. I did buy about 6 new shirts cuz they will last for a long time. Still want a couple more pair of capri and a few more jeans. Just don't want to spend too much on something I won't wear but for a few months at most. The size 14s that I bought new are so comfy! Now I have to buy a new pair of size 12s to look forward to. That will be the one bigger expense. Hopefully I'll find something on clearence. Told ya I was a cheapskate!

Steve I think ya did great for what ya had going on. I know today my ex turned my phone off. I went straight to the diner and got bacon! At least it was low carb right? My phone was only off for 40 mins, the time it took me to get to the at&t store in town near my new house. It was just that he had the nerve to do that to me. What an ass.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #1778
Senior LCF Member

I hear you about clothing. I have to take DD and I to the opshop on friday since we're both in a jeans crisis. All hers look like clowns pants and I am down to the last pair that fit, dont have holes BUT the zip broke today. I refuse to buy them new since they are so expensive, and we only wear them for a short while. Besides, I look at it more as 'renting'. I buy a pair, wear them a month, regift them back
Old 07-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #1779
Senior LCF Member

I used to always shop at the best stores and spent a lot of money on clothes. Since being on Atkins I have discovered the thrift stores. In my area, I routinely find almost new designer clothes every time I go. I only buy top name stuff and i buy it lrahl@roadrunner.comfor about 10% of the new price. I may never go back to regular clothes stores again. I am wearing Tommy Bahama, Polo, Izod, Banana Republic and similar. I am amazed what people give away. But then again, every time I go down a size I give them my old stuff and I have been through 5 sizes so far.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #1780
Senior LCF Member

Happy Fourth to you all. I am bbqing burgers at my mother in laws today. Should be fun.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #1781
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grateful_Love
Stats: 272/235/170 (5'1'')
Start Date: Restart May 2014
I've been doing Induction since March, but I feel like an Induction baby so I'm joining this thread in hopes to get tips and pointers and motivation and inspiration (and recipes).

How long is TOO long on induction? Will it stop working after a while? I'm so scared to add in much because I still feel like I've got so far to go, but I'm pretty sure I'm stalled, even though I thought if I willed the stall away I'd see a loss on the scale. No such luck.

Does anyone have any good "fat bomb" recipes that are acceptable on induction? I've been reading around and I'm thinking that I may need to up the fats in order to get past this...
Old 07-05-2013, 01:45 AM   #1782
Senior LCF Member

Hi there and welcome.

There are a lot of people who stay in induction for long periods. Trillix was for a year (I think) and I ha e read others talking about it. Stick with it until you're bored, stalled, or hanging out for something a bit more.

You can search for fat bomb receipes, but a simple one I make is
100gm butter
100gm coconut oil
Pinch salt
1T sweeter of choice
2T cocoa powder

Melt fats, stir in other. Pour into the mini muffin cases. I get about 24 at around 10gm a piece. I eat up to 3 a day.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #1783
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I tend to overeat fatbombs, so I've taken to making them individually in a glass muffin cup. I pretty much follow-up the same recipe (reducing proportion), with C0 and butter and a pinch of salt. No sweetener for me, as I find the butter adds enough sweetness. Nut butters make a good additional third, but not on inducation. Cream cheese is a tasty addtiion. Or cocoa or bakers choco.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #1784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful_Love View Post
I've been doing Induction since March, but I feel like an Induction baby so I'm joining this thread in hopes to get tips and pointers and motivation and inspiration (and recipes).

How long is TOO long on induction? Will it stop working after a while? I'm so scared to add in much because I still feel like I've got so far to go, but I'm pretty sure I'm stalled, even though I thought if I willed the stall away I'd see a loss on the scale. No such luck.

Does anyone have any good "fat bomb" recipes that are acceptable on induction? I've been reading around and I'm thinking that I may need to up the fats in order to get past this...
Hi! Some of us do stay on induction for quite a while. Trillex is a GREAT example. I've been on induction since February 22. I eat very few vegetables, primarily meat, eggs, and cheese. I do hit stalls though. Don't let it discourage you. If you keep doing what you should be doing, you WILL start losing again. Just keep working the plan and it will start working for you.

As far as fat bombs, I do add them in and especially use them on days when I know I'm not going to have access to what I need to eat. I'll just eat a couple of those. Laura has some GREAT fat bombs recipes. The one I use is ~
8 ounces of Cream Cheese
8 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
Chocolate Flavored Stevia Drops
1 Tbsp of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
A Splash of Torani's Caramel Sugar Free Syrup
I mix it all together and put it into the little candy molds. It makes 24 of them for me and then I keep them in the freezer. Super good, and a nice increase of fat.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #1785
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
How long is TOO long on induction? Will it stop working after a while? I'm so scared to add in much because I still feel like I've got so far to go, but I'm pretty sure I'm stalled, even though I thought if I willed the stall away I'd see a loss on the scale. .
I have been doing Atkins almost a year now. My daily goal is still to be at Induction Level carbs. I had about 100 to loose. I still losing. I have had some weeks in a row without loss. Many others have had similar. When you say stalled, how long has it been since you lost? It might just be your body readjusting to its new size. So I don't think there is a time limit. I plan on always being on Induction and straying on occasion with some higher carb foods like nuts, additional vegtables and higher carb sauces like BBQ sauce on occasion. Good luck on your journey.

Yes, you do need to keep your fats up. Put you menus into one of the online trackers and share the results. We can help you to make adjustments. You should also look into coconut oil if you aren't taking it. It helps me a lot.

Last edited by Big Stevie; 07-05-2013 at 05:52 PM..
Old 07-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #1786
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bucky
Stats: 209/180.1/160 5'10"
Start Date: 5/29/13
I am in my fifth week and am still on Induction pretty much, although I did add almonds into my menu. I strive to be 20-25 net carbs but if I go over, I don't sweat it.

I too recommend tracking. I do that every day and can see where my menu is leaning towards, if I need more protein, etc.

And I love going to Goodwill. I have found some gems there. You just need patience since, at least here, they organize clothes by color and not size, so you have to weed through everything to find your size.

SW: 209
LW: 168.2
CW: 180.1
GW: 160
Old 07-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #1787
Senior LCF Member

I went yesterday and found one pair of jeans. But I found a bargin...a wool and cashmere jacket, just my size!

I tend to cycle with atkins72 induction, meat and egg, and OWL.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #1788
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
HELLOOOOO, beautiful Induction Babies! I have missed you all! HUGS!

I've been out of the training game for two weeks, now. And I've been off the interwebz since Sunday. My trainer gave me last week off because I was packing and moving. And this week has been a festival of things going wrong so I've been out of the gym and had no web access and I was actually ill for a few days -- and I never get truly *ill* but I was truly ill this week.

So, what happened was, first: Delta misplaced the bag that I -- FOR SOME STUPID, INSANE REASON -- packed all of the cords and cables for my electronics into.

Question: Why would I not just CARRY THEM ONTO THE PLANE WITH ME?!?!
Answer: Because I am dumb.

I'm moving, so I had cables in that bag for, literally, every electronic device that I use. The airport or airline or whoever eventually found the bag (last night) and delivered it to me (at 11:30PM). So I'm super incredibly thankful it turned up -- I was practically crying with relief when the guy got to the door with the bag! Because replacing cords would seriously be a bigger pain (I believe) than replacing the actual devices. And it would be expensive. Just replacing the Apple USB adapters would cost a freaking fortune and I'm not sure how much compensation I would have gotten for the lost bag. Plus, I'm going to need the Apple adapters for my vacation this month because they work with international voltage. And the euro powerstrip/surge protector that I travel with was also in that bag. So I would have had to replace that little lifesaver and I'm not even sure where I would find another one. It plugs into a European outlet but US devices plug into it.

And I've been off the forum because the internet was down at my parents' house -- where I will be spending most of the summer. My dad called AT&T to fix it but he couldn't get through to a person -- my dad isn't *great* with navigating automated systems. Also, he tends to be kind of zen with hoping the universe will come to his aid and eventually resolve all imbalances (my parents were/are hippies). I called on Sunday, when I arrived in Chicago (and found out about the problem) but we live in a very poor neighborhood and the first day they could get a tech out to us was on Friday, between 5-9 PM. So, no internet except on my phone. And I'm not *great* on the internet on my phone. Plus, I didn't have the freakin' cord to charge my darned phone. I bought a new charger cable on Thursday but I spent, basically, 5 days saving a single charge.

Also, I ran out of food while I was packing last week and I didn't want to buy more food because (for some insane reason) I was concerned that I would have to throw it out. So I ate the only food that I had left in the house: cheese and eggs. I had a lot of cheese in the fridge that I'd vacuum packed, because I haven't been eating much cheese during the past few months, so I probably ate 2 pounds of cheese (to avoid throwing it out) and a few eggs between Wednesday of last week and Saturday of last week. Just cheese and eggs, nothing else. No fiber at all. Not a single vegetable. I usually take a daily fiber supplement but I'd already shipped my protein and supplements to my parents' house in Chicago. And then, adding injury to digestive insults, I had absolutely nothing to eat on Sunday because I had to return house keys, etcetera, and then get to the airport early. But my plane was delayed for a few hours. And when I finally got to my parents' house, I was too tired to eat. Plus, my vegan dad had nothing in the house that I really *wanted* to eat.

So, OF COURSE on Tuesday I came down with the worst intestinal distress I've ever felt in my life! I will spare you the colon-related details. I'll just say that I've never felt such pain. I suffered all day Tuesday -- taking Milk of Magnesia and hoping it would pass -- but it didn't. So my dad took me to the emergency room on Wednesday where I had an incredibly undignified experience. But thankfully they corrected the problem. Also, my abdomen kind of *smoothed* out. Remember the midsection puffiness that I was concerned about on my last weigh/measure day? It kind of smoothed out after the digestive system treatments at the hospital. Weird? Weird.

Making this long story even longer, I've been helping my dad with the house all week (except for the two days when I was completely incapacitated by my colon). My mom died a few years ago and my dad has let things go that he shouldn't have let go. I never noticed it on short visits -- when I go to Chicago, we usually move in with one of my brothers because they have much larger houses in much nicer areas. But now that I'll be living with my dad for a while, I have to do a lot of -- *sigh* -- very sad maintenance. For example, my dad still has the basket of laundry that my mom was going to do right before she died. He just moved it onto a utility rack in the laundry room and put a towel over it. He still has the cast iron pot of rendered pork fat that my mom was going to use to make sofrito for one of her group events. He just put the pot into the bottom of the fridge. I can't believe I never noticed these things. And I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the situation.

Anyhoo, back to the gym on Monday. With a new trainer (who is also a childhood friend of mine). But -- *sigh* -- I already miss my super awesome, amazing old genius of a trainer. I missed my month-end weigh/measure day because of all the hoopla and stuff, so I'll weigh and measure and update on Monday. My old trainer took the time to weigh and measure me on Easter Sunday before doing stuff with his family. But my new trainer is a Monday-Friday-type guy. So I'll have to learn to be more patient and less of a spoiled brat.

Cheers, all!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #1789
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
Have you had those shoes for a long time? I noticed that since I could not wear the clothes that I wanted, I bought killer SHOES instead, so I had (ok, if you ask my husband, I still have an unreasonable amount of shoes but really I've thrown out over 100 pair in the past year) 2 seven foot tall shoe towers in my walk in closet with overflow boxes in the basement. But weird thing, when I lost that first 70 lbs, my foot got smaller! I HAD to get rid of at least half of my shoes because they were too big now. Mostly the strappy ones, the straps were too big. Have you tried on strappy heels or sandals recently? I wonder if your feet got smaller like mine since you've lost even more weight than I have?
Every word you've said is SO TRUE!

I have absolutely rockin' shoes because I could wear way more fab shoes than clothes at my starting size. Honestly, clothes seem to start adding unfortunate prints and patterns when they get beyond size 12. Ugh!

And I have lost half a shoe size! I was a size 9 but now I'm a size 8.5!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #1790
Major LCF Poster!

Trillex - I feel your pain with the move... moving sucks!!!!! I still don't have my own bathroom... Hopefully the neighbor that is a contractor will have that resolved tonight for me. I still don't have internet. We are way way out in the country and the soonest they could get to me is Monday, so 2 weeks without Net at the house... I'm a gamer so it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #1791
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
A girl only has so many hips to keep these things up.
The hips don't lie, Laura!

Apparently, Shakira's baby-daddy lies -- since his hotel room (apparently) got burgled by hookers in Brazil after he (apparently) hosted a boozy strip poker party (with hookers) in his hotel room while he was serving his country by playing for the Spanish national football team in the Confederations Cup.

But the hips never lie. And your hips are saying, "WE ARE SLIM!"
Old 07-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #1792
Senior LCF Member

W/B Trillix! We missed you so much, we had to start talking about you

Whenever the power goes down here (we live VERY rural so its about twice a month), after DH connects up the 12v lights, the moden get connected. Then we worry about the little things, like the fridge and freezer lol.

Ouchy to losing all those cabels. I have an entire draw dedicated to just holding the family chargers, past and present. I swear I could charger up anything now!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #1793
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepingawake View Post
I love donating my "too big for me now because I'm a low carb demon" clothes, too. If we all lived closer together, I would suggest a big shopping trip (a la treat yourself from Parks and Rec) when we all reach our goals.
Instead of donating my clothes, I should have opened a store like Tom Haverford's Rent-a-Swag on Parks and Rec! My wardrobe pretty much looked like I'd spent years trying to get into an R&B music video. For the record: I have never tried to be in an R&B music video (no matter what tales my brothers tell).

Both Tom Haverford and Diddy would have cat-fought each other over my Cavallis -- velvet + animal print = swagger!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #1794
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
This particular group was from Glasgow. Most of the family is just from outside St. Andrews in the Kingdom of Fife. Their accent is much easier to understand. The Glaswegian one is a bit harder to decipher. Spent a lot of time translating into american English. Especially their slang words. They use "piece" for a sandwich. When they ask the waitresses for a piece, you can imagine some of the strange looks!

Got a chance to watch most of the Confederation Cup. Brazil looked great. Finally Spain came back to earth and looked human.

Trying to get back into a good (normal) eating schedule. While I ate on plan, but I certainly wasn't eating my normal diet nor at my normal intervals. Trying to get back into the grove has been difficult. Did a big shopping run today. With the holiday coming up, I hope I can get back to normal eating patterns instead of following the big group. I also have been drinking too much caffeine, which is never good for me. Good news is I seem to be getting away with it, bad news is that it isn't the healthiest for me from a mental perspective. I need to get more focused so I don't fall off the plan.
HaHa! I didn't know that about sandwiches! Ha! I had to define the British use of the word "fit" to some colleagues last year -- it was HILARIOUS! They couldn't seem to decide if it was denigrating in some way or essentially acceptable.

I also enjoyed the Confederations Cup! I loved Tahiti, of course. You know how I love the South Pacific islanders! And the Tahitians were total class. I teared up a bit when they took their necklaces off and put them around the necks of their Nigerian opponents. Absolute CLASS! For some reason, the rest of the world doesn't seem to bring that level of affection into the sportsmanship. And I was (again) disappointed by Nigeria's Super Eagles. They are so much BETTER than they ever are in tournaments -- including the Cup of Nations that they won. Those jokers actually went on STRIKE before the tournament and were delayed in arriving. Their "pay" is supposed to be a stipend, for goodness sake. They're supposed to be doing it in service to their country.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #1795
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Welcome!

Personally, I stayed on induction for 9 months. As everyone else has already noted, many people stay on for long periods when we have a lot to lose. Some months, I lost significant amounts of scale weight. And other months, I lost less. I only lost 1.5 scale pounds during my entire 5th month. But it ALL adds up over time -- every 1.5 pounds of fat adds to the total. At my last weigh-in, I'd lost 85.5 of the 100 pounds that I set out to lose.

I weigh and measure and track all of my food in a tracking program on my phone. And I weigh and measure my body once per month. Since I know that I'm eating a lot less and sticking closely to the rules in Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution, I've just sort of *trusted* that I was burning fat even when I couldn't actually see what was changing inside my body. So, personally, I've never worried that the diet would stop working because I feel like *gimmicks* eventually stop working -- like diet supplements or Beach Body or whatever -- but learning to eat less and learning to avoid crappy food is just a math equation. The math eventually adds up, although it isn't always apparent on a day-to-day or even on a week-to-week basis.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #1796
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Trillex - I feel your pain with the move... moving sucks!!!!! I still don't have my own bathroom... Hopefully the neighbor that is a contractor will have that resolved tonight for me. I still don't have internet. We are way way out in the country and the soonest they could get to me is Monday, so 2 weeks without Net at the house... I'm a gamer so it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!
My brothers actually use "MiFi" thingies when they travel, just to keep in touch with their gaming friends while they're away from WiFi! It's a total passion!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #1797
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
W/B Trillix! We missed you so much, we had to start talking about you

Whenever the power goes down here (we live VERY rural so its about twice a month), after DH connects up the 12v lights, the moden get connected. Then we worry about the little things, like the fridge and freezer lol.

Ouchy to losing all those cabels. I have an entire draw dedicated to just holding the family chargers, past and present. I swear I could charger up anything now!
I totally feel you, Beetle! I was going crazy without being able to do little things like check my email. It's amazing how *connected* having the internet makes me feel.

And I have a whole, large suitcase full of cables. It seems like they keep inventing new ones. Now, I have all of these HDMI cables to connect different devices and I don't know what is what. I pretty much have to hold the cable up next to the port to figure it out.

I finally took the time to convert all of my photos and all of my essential music over to my cloud. So at least I no longer have to actually connect my phone to my computer to update everything. Progress!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #1798
Senior LCF Member

Wow even our star Trillex gets out of control!!! It is amazing how quickly we can all get out of control, just when I think I have this thing mastered, some life event will happen to throw me off my game. The key is to just get it back in control ASAP!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #1799
Senior LCF Member

So, wrench in the plans. I have been really sick all week. After 4 days, I was debating going to the ER but sucked it up and waited until Friday morning and got an emergency Dr's appt. By then I had a really high fever and I was in excruciating pain.

After extensive testing, my Dr decided that my high protein\fat diet had blown out my gallbladder. I have more testing to do next week to decide if I need to have my gallbladder removed. For now, he ordered no more Atkins. No animal products, no fat, no spices.

DEVASTATING.

I didn't even weigh today, what is the point?

I never heard anyone talk about Atkins causing gallbladder failure, have you?
Old 07-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #1800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
So, wrench in the plans. I have been really sick all week. After 4 days, I was debating going to the ER but sucked it up and waited until Friday morning and got an emergency Dr's appt. By then I had a really high fever and I was in excruciating pain.

After extensive testing, my Dr decided that my high proteinfat diet had blown out my gallbladder. I have more testing to do next week to decide if I need to have my gallbladder removed. For now, he ordered no more Atkins. No animal products, no fat, no spices.

DEVASTATING.

I didn't even weigh today, what is the point?

I never heard anyone talk about Atkins causing gallbladder failure, have you?
In my experience, Doctors are always very quick to blame gallbladder problems on Atkins. If you read on causes of gallbladder problems, a high fat diet CAN cause problems, but a low fat diet can also cause diet problems. So can losing a large amount of weight. IMO, most doctors are anxious to blame whatever they can on our WOE.

Just about 3 weeks ago I had the same problem. I was taken into emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed because it was so infected. My surgeon also tried to blame it on my WOE, but I told him I really didn't think this had developed just since February, it's much more likely due to a lifetime of abuse and bad eating habits.

Right after my surgery they told me that I had to go on a VERY low fat diet for at least a few weeks, and possibly forever. The very day that I got out of the hospital, I went right back to Atkins 72, without a single problem. No pain, no digestive issues, nothing.

I absolutely agree that you need to have your Dr treat your gallbladder problem, but just exercise caution regarding believing what he says about your WOE causing the problems. It doesn't happen in just a short period of time, it's more likely a history or bad habits that lead to it.

Good Luck!! I know how terribly painful that can be and am sending you lots of good healing vibes!
Closed Thread