Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #1351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
When I was eating real sugar, the taste of artificial sweetners was hideous. I could absolutely tell the difference and I still can. However, now that real sugar is no longer an option, and I'm struggling so much with getting the fluids I need each day, I had to find something that worked.

My mother drank diet sodas and artificial sweetners my entire life and she cannot tell the difference. I can. So when I try a new flavor, if it's unbearably chemically tasting, I put it in a box. Eventually I fill the box up with flavors I cannot tolerate and mail them to Mom.

There are very few flavors I can stand. I hate Stevia and Truvia. I prefer Splenda. I only put a small amount of crystal light in my water, just enough to kill the water taste and make it not hurt my stomach. I would really rather drink plain water to be honest but I did that the other day and it hurt with every drink I took. By the end of a glass I was sure I would end up in the hospital. I don't know why this happens after weight loss surgery but I know i'm not the only one.

I don't bake, the only thing I've ever used artificial sweetner in was a single flax seed muffin I made the other day and it tasted funky but made me feel like hell for two days. Same effect on my DH so neither of us is interested in baking lc anymore.

DH really like the SF grape flavors hawaiian punch, koolaid and crush that all come in little bottles. I am not such a fan. I really like the arnold palmer half & half sugarfree powder but I use less than 1/3 of what it calls for. My favorite right now is SF Hawaiian Punch LemonBerry Squeeze. I also like TrueLemon Raspberry Lemonade. The TrueLime is disgusting. In the box for Mom!

Some things hide the taste of the sweetner better than others. I cannot drink decaf coffee with Splenda in it, but SF caramel syrup tastes ok. The Atkins shakes are disgusting, my DH drinks them but I refuse. I like the cranberry almond bar and the peanut nougat cluster and that's all I can stand. The first week coming off sugar I craved sweets more so I ate the bars but now, not so much. I almost never have a sweet craving because everything I eat tastes so sweet (except artificial sweetners, they don't taste sweet to me at all, it's the other flavor addititives like fruit flavor that I like).

It's been a lot of trial and error. But yes, I can taste the difference and no, it doesn't make it taste better, it just makes it feel better.

Hmmm. It was kinda nice being able to answer something for you for a change =)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #1352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
Does anyone have any insight into this please?

My husband ate 6 slices of a medium pizza, crust and all. He weighed just before eating and just after. He was up 4lbs after eating. It usually takes him 2 days to get back to his previous weight. Does anyone know why this happens?
Next time you get a pizza, put it on the scale and weight how much 6 pieces weights. Some of the pizzas I have seen would not be too far off 4 pounds for 6 slices. Also, I am sure he drank something as well. Water weights a lot. I drink a gallon a day. A gallon weights over 7 pounds. If my body retains extra water, it could easily add a couple of pounds.

This is why I advocate staying off the scales on a daily basis.

Last edited by Big Stevie; 04-16-2013 at 12:41 PM..
Old 04-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #1353
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Next time you get a pizza, put it on the scale and weight how much 6 pieces weights. Some of the pizzas I have seen would not be too far off 4 pounds for 6 slices. Also, I am sure he drank something as well. Water weights a lot. I drink a gallon a day. A gallon weights over 7 pounds. If my body retains extra water, it could easily add a couple of pounds.

This is why I advocate staying off the scales on a daily basis.
Very good point! I have a crappy scale, I tried to weigh some things to see how much say... a pitcher of water weighed and nothing registered on my scale. When we get back from vacation we are going shopping for a better scale. But I absolutely agree with your point about staying off the scales! It's crazy making!! I feel obligated to finish the April Challenge because I started it and I hate quitting because it feels like a failure, but I won't join the next Challenge, no way!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #1354
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
When I was eating real sugar, the taste of artificial sweetners was hideous. I could absolutely tell the difference and I still can. However, now that real sugar is no longer an option, and I'm struggling so much with getting the fluids I need each day, I had to find something that worked.

My mother drank diet sodas and artificial sweetners my entire life and she cannot tell the difference. I can. So when I try a new flavor, if it's unbearably chemically tasting, I put it in a box. Eventually I fill the box up with flavors I cannot tolerate and mail them to Mom.

There are very few flavors I can stand. I hate Stevia and Truvia. I prefer Splenda. I only put a small amount of crystal light in my water, just enough to kill the water taste and make it not hurt my stomach. I would really rather drink plain water to be honest but I did that the other day and it hurt with every drink I took. By the end of a glass I was sure I would end up in the hospital. I don't know why this happens after weight loss surgery but I know i'm not the only one.

I don't bake, the only thing I've ever used artificial sweetner in was a single flax seed muffin I made the other day and it tasted funky but made me feel like hell for two days. Same effect on my DH so neither of us is interested in baking lc anymore.

DH really like the SF grape flavors hawaiian punch, koolaid and crush that all come in little bottles. I am not such a fan. I really like the arnold palmer half & half sugarfree powder but I use less than 1/3 of what it calls for. My favorite right now is SF Hawaiian Punch LemonBerry Squeeze. I also like TrueLemon Raspberry Lemonade. The TrueLime is disgusting. In the box for Mom!

Some things hide the taste of the sweetner better than others. I cannot drink decaf coffee with Splenda in it, but SF caramel syrup tastes ok. The Atkins shakes are disgusting, my DH drinks them but I refuse. I like the cranberry almond bar and the peanut nougat cluster and that's all I can stand. The first week coming off sugar I craved sweets more so I ate the bars but now, not so much. I almost never have a sweet craving because everything I eat tastes so sweet (except artificial sweetners, they don't taste sweet to me at all, it's the other flavor addititives like fruit flavor that I like).

It's been a lot of trial and error. But yes, I can taste the difference and no, it doesn't make it taste better, it just makes it feel better.

Hmmm. It was kinda nice being able to answer something for you for a change =)
Thank you for addressing this! I've been a bit hesitant to ask people because it feels like it could be insulting to tell someone that I don't enjoy the taste of what they're drinking. You know? But I genuinely wondered if I was being weird or somehow psychologically convincing myself that I didn't enjoy artificial sweeteners. So many people have said that they can't tell the difference, it made me wonder.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #1355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I could tell the difference at first, but as time goes on its not so obvious. I dont take sweeter much anyway...maybe once week in a dessert and I only use a little since things taste sweeter to me.

We put in a triple filtration system a few months ago and even the water tastes sweet to me. I do love drinking waternow, its delicious
Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #1356
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
Are you on tank or mains?I miss tank.I grew up on it.
Sometimes did it taste like possum or pohutakawa leaves but otherwise bliss
Old 04-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #1357
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwistars View Post
Are you on tank or mains?I miss tank.I grew up on it.
Sometimes did it taste like possum or pohutakawa leaves but otherwise bliss
I totally want to live in the South Pacific! "Pohutakawa leaves" sound so exotic. I was seriously thinking of applying to teach at a community college in American Samoa but ended up chickening out. I could totally rock a sarong and a gorgeous Maori husband if given the chance! Just sayin...
Old 04-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #1358
Senior LCF Member

Oh yes,do come to NZ!We would love to have you here.The 'bros' would be fighting over you in no time
Our Christmas is in summer and pohutakawa are the trees that flower with bright red tufts in December and are called the NZ Christmas tree.
What is your field?We have half a dozen universities and numerous polytechs(community colleges)
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #1359
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh yes,do come to NZ!We would love to have you here.The 'bros' would be fighting over you in no time
Our Christmas is in summer and pohutakawa are the trees that flower with bright red tufts in December and are called the NZ Christmas tree.
What is your field?We have half a dozen universities and numerous polytechs(community colleges)
I teach English. Mostly composition but also literature.

I am totally *sold* on the South Pacific! Every single person I've ever met from that part of the world has an amazingly appealing attitude and has been an absolute pleasure to be around. I love the Haka. And the All Whites. And Maori tribal tattoos. I love that you all start a new day before everybody else on the planet. And I love Christmas barbecues -- that's what we do in the Caribbean, even though it's the end of our rainy season and can be kind of stormy. If I work up the courage to move out your way, I will definitely let you know!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #1360
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Very good point! I have a crappy scale, I tried to weigh some things to see how much say... a pitcher of water weighed and nothing registered on my scale. When we get back from vacation we are going shopping for a better scale. But I absolutely agree with your point about staying off the scales! It's crazy making!! I feel obligated to finish the April Challenge because I started it and I hate quitting because it feels like a failure, but I won't join the next Challenge, no way!
How are you doing? Is this your travel time? If so, you probably won't see this...
Old 04-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #1361
Senior LCF Member

I go away for a couple of days and this thread turns into Trillex's dating site

New Zeland is a cool place. I don't think I have ever meet a person from NZ that I didn't like. Some more crazy than others, but all good guys.

I am still eating on plan. Folks that saw me three weeks ago, say I am even skinnier now. I haven't had in milestone changes in awhile (ie lower waist size or shirt size.) so I don't know for sure. The scale is still broken and I am not buying a new one. So have to judge it by the clothes and comments for awhile.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #1362
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I go away for a couple of days and this thread turns into Trillex's dating site

New Zeland is a cool place. I don't think I have ever meet a person from NZ that I didn't like. Some more crazy than others, but all good guys.

I am still eating on plan. Folks that saw me three weeks ago, say I am even skinnier now. I haven't had in milestone changes in awhile (ie lower waist size or shirt size.) so I don't know for sure. The scale is still broken and I am not buying a new one. So have to judge it by the clothes and comments for awhile.

Everyone have a great weekend.
HaHa! I promise to stop trying to "eHarmony" my way to New Zealand! HaHa!

I'm quite curious about the changes you're currently seeing, Big Stevie. One of my former co-workers lost a lot of weight -- I'm not exactly sure how much but it was well over 100 pounds -- and the weight loss seemed to *gel* on her body or maybe *settle in* during the six months after she maintained at goal. I can't explain it, but we all noticed it in the office. I don't know if she got more comfortable with carrying her new weight... Maybe? I never asked her because it wasn't an appropriate topic for the workplace. But she definitely looked different (better) as the weight loss *settled*, although I don't exactly know how to describe it.

I wonder if this is a common phenomena? I haven't read anything about it and I'm not sure how to go about doing research to find out more.

I guess it's different, but I know that muscle texture starts to look *better* on veteran bodybuilders, without them necessarily increasing size. Because after years of training, a lot of what's called "sarcoplasmic hypertrophy" is replaced by greater density of muscle fibers even though the muscle mass may not necessarily get significantly larger. The human body has some strange ways of *ripening* (for lack of a better word) as it adjusts to major changes in body composition.

I'm not sure what the mechanisms are, with regard to fat loss, but I'm going to look it up because I find this phenomena quite interesting.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #1363
Senior LCF Member

I would say yes, it is settling in if you will. I seem to loose it in one area then the next. So yeah, it is different. I don't remember it going on in the same order it is coming off.

Also, I finally am wearing the right sized clothes. I have been wearing some of my bigger close, because they are there. So I am wearing clothes several times bigger.

I am heading out right now to play a day time gig with my blues band. It is 80 degrees here in So Cal today. I am going drink my first beer in 8 months. I got to. The gig is a just off the beach, its a nice hot day and big festival. Should be fun.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #1364
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am heading out right now to play a day time gig with my blues band. It is 80 degrees here in So Cal today. I am going drink my first beer in 8 months. I got to. The gig is a just off the beach, its a nice hot day and big festival. Should be fun.
How did the gig go, Big Stevie? Southern California sounds nice, too!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #1365
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
How did the gig go, Big Stevie? Southern California sounds nice, too!
It was great fun. About 1,000 people out in the sun. I like playing outside on a big stage and I don't get to do it nearly enough. It is usually clubs and restaurants. I play for fun, and a little extra money. We have been playing two or three times a week lately.

Maybe because it was hot, but the beer didn't work out that well. I didn't get buzzed, and it make me thirsty as hell. I drank a gallon of water while on stage for two hours. Your body changes on this diet. I am back to skipping beer.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #1366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bethanyblondie
Stats: 255/173/140
WOE: I have the Lap Band/Atkin's
Start Date: Restarted 1/28/2013
I've been gone so long! Spring break hit, I went on vacation, then back to work... just lost track of time! I think last time I was I on here I weighed 187 or so. Glad to day I'm 178 now!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #1367
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
Love the new pic Trillex!! <3
Old 04-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #1368
Senior LCF Member

Oh it wasn't just me!I thought you looked different Trillex but then I lose stuff around the house etc so I don't trust my brain

You look phenomenal.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #1369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squirrel watch
Stats: 5'6"~202/186/140~29yrs
WOE: Atkins <25g + JUDDD
Start Date: LoCarb:4-14-13/JUDDD: 5-13-13
Hi everyone :)

I'm new here. I just joined today, but I started my WOE about 10 days ago. I quit soda cold turkey along with all added sugars. I don't miss them by now!!

The hardest for me is exercise because of my fibromyalgia, but I have been to the gym for water aerobics and some recumbent bike. So far so good, but so sore!

My story is that I gained 75 pounds in the past 4-5 years as a result of a slew of medical conditions, including thyroid problems and lupus. Now, 6 months from my 30th birthday, I want my body and my life back!

Good luck to all of you. We're all doing something very important: taking care of ourselves <3
Old 04-24-2013, 02:30 AM   #1370
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Kiwi and Rebecca! You girls are so sweet!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #1371
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanyblondie View Post
I've been gone so long! Spring break hit, I went on vacation, then back to work... just lost track of time! I think last time I was I on here I weighed 187 or so. Glad to day I'm 178 now!
Congratulations, Bethany! You've come SO FAR so fast. That's so awesome!

Did you go to Hawaii? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Old 04-24-2013, 02:33 AM   #1372
Senior LCF Member

You have worked so hard Trillex you deserve to look that good.Those maori lads are going to swoon
Old 04-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #1373
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel watch View Post
I'm new here. I just joined today, but I started my WOE about 10 days ago. I quit soda cold turkey along with all added sugars. I don't miss them by now!!

The hardest for me is exercise because of my fibromyalgia, but I have been to the gym for water aerobics and some recumbent bike. So far so good, but so sore!

My story is that I gained 75 pounds in the past 4-5 years as a result of a slew of medical conditions, including thyroid problems and lupus. Now, 6 months from my 30th birthday, I want my body and my life back!

Good luck to all of you. We're all doing something very important: taking care of ourselves <3
Congratulations on taking control of your future!

Is this your first time dieting? I'm pretty new to the world of dieting, myself, but it's a lot more pleasant than I expected it to be. It honestly is! I genuinely haven't been hungry or suffered any of the stuff that I expected from a "diet."
Old 04-24-2013, 02:43 AM   #1374
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You have worked so hard Trillex you deserve to look that good.Those maori lads are going to swoon
TeeHee! I'm already shopping for board shorts and bikini tops!

Not to go off on a non-diet tangent, but one of your New Zealand TV stars is now starring in an American show. Wolf from "Outrageous Fortune" is in a sci-fi show called "Defiance." I'm so disappointed that he has an American accent in this show! So lame!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #1375
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squirrel watch
Stats: 5'6"~202/186/140~29yrs
WOE: Atkins <25g + JUDDD
Start Date: LoCarb:4-14-13/JUDDD: 5-13-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
Congratulations on taking control of your future!

Is this your first time dieting? I'm pretty new to the world of dieting, myself, but it's a lot more pleasant than I expected it to be. It honestly is! I genuinely haven't been hungry or suffered any of the stuff that I expected from a "diet."
It is not. I did Atkins for a few months when I first hit the 160s and it worked great, but I went back to my old ways when times got emotionally and physically trying.

I tended to eat for comfort. Whether lonely, sad, or mad, I'd order a pizza or go for a huge ice cream sundae or cake of some type. My family also celebrated with food, so there's a lot of positive feelings associated with food and dining out for me.

But I want to change permanently. This way of eating is something I can do. I'm not too restrictive but still in ketosis. I have this desert where I have one or two big strawberries with reddi whip and almond butter. It is amazing. Another thing I do is mix in cream cheese into my scrambled eggs. A friend made me try that one time at her house and I loved it.

I also decided I was going to learn how to make a chalupa at home, lol. I very lightly fried a Joseph's low carb pita (literally 2 seconds) and I put chicken, creme fraiche, lettuce, a bit of tomato, and some mexican cheeses in it. It is amazing.

Thank you so much for responding to my post. Enjoy the shopping experience. That will be my reward when I reach my goal! Can't wait
I want to see pictures of the cute stuff you get...
Old 04-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #1376
Senior LCF Member

Hi! I'm back from vacation. All that drama about how am I going to say no to food, blah blah. Well, I did eat some things I shouldn't have. A couple of pretzels, a bite of cake, but ultimately I did not fall too far from the wagon and eating carbs in no way made me go carb crazy, which was the best part for me.

That was my real fear. That once I tasted them again, I wouldn't be able to stop, you know? Nope. I felt TERRIBLE eating the few things I ate that were off plan. I was thinking "how did I eat this way all these years??" I felt like I had the flu. I'm just starting to get over it today.

I'm up 3lbs but I also started TOM so it's hard to say what is what. I know I didn't eat enough food to be up 3lbs so I'm pretty sure it's TOM. Either way, I'm right back on plan today, and happy to do so.

I was SUPER active while in So Cal. Went home to San Diego, ran aroud the beach for several hours, spent 12 hours running around Disneyland the next day... my poor DH was so exhausted and taking advil for his sore knees and hips. He is up 3lbs too but he ate a list of sugar-loaded junk. I'm sure he will lose it within a couple days, as usual! =)

I love your new pic Trillex!!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #1377
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi! I'm back from vacation. All that drama about how am I going to say no to food, blah blah. Well, I did eat some things I shouldn't have. A couple of pretzels, a bite of cake, but ultimately I did not fall too far from the wagon and eating carbs in no way made me go carb crazy, which was the best part for me.

That was my real fear. That once I tasted them again, I wouldn't be able to stop, you know? Nope. I felt TERRIBLE eating the few things I ate that were off plan. I was thinking "how did I eat this way all these years??" I felt like I had the flu. I'm just starting to get over it today.

I'm up 3lbs but I also started TOM so it's hard to say what is what. I know I didn't eat enough food to be up 3lbs so I'm pretty sure it's TOM. Either way, I'm right back on plan today, and happy to do so.
Welcome back!

I wondered how your vacation was going. I had no doubt that you would keep things under control. I was just wondering how things were with the relatives. Did they end up being cool about what you were eating, after all? And did the low-carb snacks your husband bought come in handy, or did you just end up not needing them?
Old 04-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #1378
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel watch View Post
It is not. I did Atkins for a few months when I first hit the 160s and it worked great, but I went back to my old ways when times got emotionally and physically trying.

I tended to eat for comfort. Whether lonely, sad, or mad, I'd order a pizza or go for a huge ice cream sundae or cake of some type. My family also celebrated with food, so there's a lot of positive feelings associated with food and dining out for me.

But I want to change permanently. This way of eating is something I can do. I'm not too restrictive but still in ketosis. I have this desert where I have one or two big strawberries with reddi whip and almond butter. It is amazing. Another thing I do is mix in cream cheese into my scrambled eggs. A friend made me try that one time at her house and I loved it.

I also decided I was going to learn how to make a chalupa at home, lol. I very lightly fried a Joseph's low carb pita (literally 2 seconds) and I put chicken, creme fraiche, lettuce, a bit of tomato, and some mexican cheeses in it. It is amazing.

Thank you so much for responding to my post. Enjoy the shopping experience. That will be my reward when I reach my goal! Can't wait
I want to see pictures of the cute stuff you get...
You've listed all of my core foods that I ate like CRAZY before I started this diet! I'm not kidding! I ate at least one pint of ice cream (or gelato) every day -- and I would have two pints of ice cream on days when I was downtown near this place that sells homemade ice cream. I had an extra-large pizza, on my own, for dinner at least 4 nights each week (plus a 14 piece order of wings with 3 dipping sauces, and sometimes crazy bread with two icing cups). And I ate baja beef chalupas at least two days each week during my office hours -- I would stock up on 4 baja beef chalupas, 4 volcano burritos, and sometimes also 4 crunchy taco supremes, and then I would spend my office hours eating all of that while meeting with students.

I was an insane person with regard to eating -- I was treating myself like those ducks that people stuff to make foie gras! I was rarely actually hungry when I ate, I was just eating massive amounts because it *felt* good. I have never met a person -- at any weight -- who ate/eats as much as I ate on a daily basis. I was so *mentally* out of control with food, I just had to completely let that stuff go. It sounds crazy -- it IS crazy -- but I had to learn what "hunger" was and then learn to "eat when I'm hungry." Everybody else learns this when they're, like, toddlers but something was wrong inside my head. Now I feel kind of like a drug addict, I count my "clean" months without a chalupa, or ice cream, or pizza. I seriously considered giving myself those chips, like they do at Alcoholics Anonymous.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #1379
Senior LCF Member

wow.I thought hubby and I were bad for our 2 bags of chips(hubby) and whole packet of double chocolate biscuits washed down with wine(me) 'treat nights'.
I still don't know why we thought that was a 'treat' as every time ended with us saying ''I feel sick'' and ''never again''.

Now I'm Atkins and he is heading towards a paleo/gym lifestyle and both of us to some degree doing intermittent fasting I am baffled as to how we lived like that...

never again.
If nothing else I am getting to rather like a husband with a six pack
Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #1380
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi! I'm back from vacation.
Good for you. We had great weather while you were here as well. Hope you enjoyed your vacation.

I remember my first big outing after I was on the diet. It happened at about 40 days in. I went to Del Mar race track for the opening day of horse racing. It is a big to do for those that don't know, and I was with a group of business colleagues with a full catered lunch and lots of drinks. We took the train down with fancy boxed lunches provided. I brought my own food to make sure I had enough of the right kinds of foods to eat. I didn't end up needing it. Giving my big cookie away raised some eyebrows and not drinking raised a few questions.

Making it through that day gave me the confidence that I need at that time. I really relaxed after that and stopped worrying about food as much. Maybe your vacation will do the same for you, I sure hope it does.
Closed Thread