Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #1201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Here's what I'm doing with my night. Making crab ragoon....

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMY! I tried one before it was deep fried and one after. Good both ways but the deep frying makes it pop!!!!

Here's the process for ya. (Tell me if no one wants pics)

Oh last pic the deep fried one is in the front... may I repeat......OMG YUMMY!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for the pics, Laura! That crab rangoon looks and sounds RIDELISHOLOUS!

I'm the queen of breakfast crepes but I've never tried deep frying them. Do they get crispy without getting super greasy? Thinking about Chinese appetizers makes me think one could also do a deep fried dumpling in a crepe, by making a pork and green onion filling to stuff in the crepe and deep fry.

You should go on one of those chef competition shows and do all low-carb recipes -- you would make a fortune! You would def get a book deal out of it. Rocco DiSpirito did his version of a "diet" book and, seriously, he has made more money from that than he ever made as a chef. People want NEW food ideas while they're dieting.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #1202
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Cool Trillex, you're doing a great job. The extra vegetables really help. I have never worried about eating too many vegetables and they have never really slowed me down. Now, get rid of those huge pants. You are never going back to that place and you will never need them again.

Had a great Easter but it was weird. Almost every person I saw said, Wow you look great I can't believe how much weight you lost, followed by please eat some of my candy or desert it won't hurt you! I stayed strong, but I can't believe the way people try to push sugar on you. I guess it is so they can justify eating it themselves, but I don't know. I never felt the need to encourage others when I was eating sugar.

It was hard to eat for Easter because the meal times were spaced so far apart because of all the sugar people were eating between meals. With me not eating the sugar, I got really hungry in between while no body else did because there was plenty of sugar around. Next time around, I will be sure to bring some snacks with me.
I kind of figured, all along, that a few extra veggies wouldn't hurt the diet. Realistically, what human ever became obese from eating an extra cup of fresh tomatoes? But I'm such a nerdy rule follower that I'm just super programmed to follow instructions so I couldn't bring myself to push the limits. Now that I'm *allowed* to use more veggies, I'm totally running with it. I had an entire bowl of Roma tomatoes with dinner tonight!

Your family pushed food at you during the autumn holidays, too, as I recall. My family is the total opposite -- my aunts were, like, "Don't look at that cake! It's not for you." I think it's because I'm the only "fat one" so they treat me like a drug addict around food. It's like they think that if they don't watch me like a hawk, I'm going to steal old ladies' purses to feed my Ben & Jerry's habit...
Old 04-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #1203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
Trillex, I'm totally cracking up. It's a funny way of showing it but I like to think people are just trying to be helpful when they do stuff like that.
BigStevie, I'm feeling you! Right now it's just me and my husband in Colorado, so we had a really low carb Easter with no temptation from family or friends. We are both originally from CA and both of our families are still there. But, we are going home for a visit in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm trying to brace myself for the onslaught of carbs that I know is going to be coming our way. ugh.

My mother keeps asking me what flavor of cupcakes to order. I keep reminding her i'm on ATKINS and can't eat cupcakes. My husband and I are trying to plan now what to do while traveling and visiting family because there won't be low carb options readily available while we are there. Normally I don't rent a car when we go but this time we will because I need to be able to go to the grocery store and get what we need to stay on plan without my mother forcing cupcakes and catering at me.

Down 3lbs since yesterday =) Day 9 induction, total lost so far 5lbs. yay!
My husband ate pizza (not the toppings, 2 whole pieces) and is back up 2lbs, so he's at 3lbs total. I'm winning lol.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #1204
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: myrnmyrn
Gonna make it!

I am almost to my first full week. I lost 7 lbs so far but I think it was all water weight the first day. Been either gaining 1 lb or losing 1lb since. I am eating though lots of cheese because I hate Veggies!! I have been though starting to eat more salad. But seem to struggle getting to may 20 net carbs. Thinking of doing 1/2 glass of milk a day again/ What do you think? I also feel like I am losing inches as my clothes seem to fit a bit better. Always have been very muscular- weigh 210 now and want to hit 170
Old 04-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #1205
Senior LCF Member

I would be thrilled to lose 7lbs the first week, water weight or not! =) Congrats!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #1206
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ippalee-Mae
Start Date: April 2013
Hello All,

I'm restarting the low-carb lifestyle, after success with it back in 2005; I know that it's a lifestyle I can do and have success with. I'm on day 2 and I "trying" to do a clean induction

I stopped working full time in november and lost 10 pounds, but when I started nursing school I started eating very unhealthy and late at night and have gained 4 back. I was at my heaviest of 224 in november and I am at 218 now...I would like to get down to 160...but any loss right now I know would be beneficial for me.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #1207
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KVark
Stats: 215/200/140
Start Date: March 2013
Back in the Saddle

Hello everyone! I am on induction, day 5.

In 2003, I lost 63 pounds on Atkins. 10 years later, I've gained it all back and then some! I've always fluctuated a lot but when my 4 year old daughter told me she doesn't want ice cream because she doesn't want to be fat like mommy, I decided it's time for a change. I've tried a lot of different diets in the past 10 years but low carb is the only thing that has ever worked for me and allowed me to keep the weight off. (I kept it off for almost 4 years).

I've vowed to myself I'm going to lose the weight for myself and my daughter. I want to be a good role model and teach her good habits.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #1208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVark View Post

In 2003, I lost 63 pounds on Atkins. 10 years later, I've gained it all back and then some! I've always fluctuated a lot but when my 4 year old daughter told me she doesn't want ice cream because she doesn't want to be fat like mommy, I decided it's time for a change. I've tried a lot of different diets in the past 10 years but low carb is the only thing that has ever worked for me and allowed me to keep the weight off. (I kept it off for almost 4 years).

I've vowed to myself I'm going to lose the weight for myself and my daughter. I want to be a good role model and teach her good habits.
Wow, out of child's mouth!! We all need a little motivation, sounds like she gave you a lot. Well no matter how you got here, you know this program works for you and it will work again. Most of us have been on and off including myself. Just thank God we are back.

The first week is a little tough but then you will settle in. Stick around and we can help you over the rough bits. This is a great thread. Welcome!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #1209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippalee-Mae View Post
Hello All,

I'm restarting the low-carb lifestyle, after success with it back in 2005; I know that it's a lifestyle I can do and have success with. I'm on day 2 and I "trying" to do a clean induction

I stopped working full time in november and lost 10 pounds, but when I started nursing school I started eating very unhealthy and late at night and have gained 4 back. I was at my heaviest of 224 in november and I am at 218 now...I would like to get down to 160...but any loss right now I know would be beneficial for me.
Welcome. Many, if not most have been in the same place. Yes, you have confirmed, your body doesn't do well on carbs. Neither does mine. We are special. Accept it and accept this way of eat and you will be thin and have lots of energy, think clearly, sleep well and generally feel better.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #1210
Junior LCF Member

Thank you! I'm definitely dealing with a rough bits portion right now. I've been nauseas since last night. I'm trying to drink more water. This part is no fun! But I know it will be worth it in the end!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #1211
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you! I'm definitely dealing with a rough bits portion right now. I've been nauseas since last night. I'm trying to drink more water. This part is no fun! But I know it will be worth it in the end!
I'm sorry KVark, that is rough =( I was sick the first few days back on induction too. Trillex suggested I add more salt and that seemed to really help with the nausea. Just something that helped me the first few days...
Old 04-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #1212
Junior LCF Member

I will definitely try that. I saw people had suggested trying chicken broth or salt. Anything is worth a shot. Also, I think I am very irritable. Or maybe it's totally unrelated to what I'm eating...
Old 04-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #1213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Welcome everyone

KVark - The salt really helped me, thank you again Trillex.

Trillex - I put the crab ragoon on a paper towel and they were fine.. A touch crisp then warm and yummy inside. Oh and they were even better the 2nd day.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #1214
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: windiloo
Stats: 195/192
Start Date: March 31, 2013
Trying it again!

I did Atkins several years ago and lost about 20lbs in about 3 months. I was thrilled! But alas...life happened as well as the usual exuses. From there I tried LA Weight Loss and Weight Watchers 3x...all with the same 20lb loss! Really frustrating! Fortunately, I suppose, I've maintained my current weight for almost a yr. Well, here I go again! I've been on Induction for 4 days and have lost almost 3lbs! I haven't had any real difficulty with it...I love to eat! lol Today I had my first official craving...potato chips! And no, I didn't give in! But boy, oh boy...
I tried to Induction friendly recipes today...cream cheese pancakes. They were tasty but "crepe thin". I also made fried cabbage with bacon and onions with pork chops! YUMMY!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #1215
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrnmyrn View Post
I am almost to my first full week. I lost 7 lbs so far but I think it was all water weight the first day. Been either gaining 1 lb or losing 1lb since. I am eating though lots of cheese because I hate Veggies!! I have been though starting to eat more salad. But seem to struggle getting to may 20 net carbs. Thinking of doing 1/2 glass of milk a day again/ What do you think? I also feel like I am losing inches as my clothes seem to fit a bit better. Always have been very muscular- weigh 210 now and want to hit 170
I would suggest that you take your measurements and write them down because, over time, your measurements + scale weight give you a more accurate picture of actual fat loss than just your scale weight.

I would also suggest not *forcing* yourself to eat things you dislike, to instead find foods on the induction list that you enjoy and build your menus around those foods. Because if you hate what you're eating, how are you going to stick with the diet long enough to reach your goal? If you come in under 20g carbs per day, that's allowed.

Atkins induction limits cheese to 3-4 ounces per day so if you're eating "lots" of cheese, maybe you should weigh your portions to see exactly how much cheese you're actually eating. Many people do fine eating more cheese than the induction limit and many people do fine eating things like milk and yogurt, which aren't induction-allowed foods, but if you have problems losing, then try carefully sticking to the induction guidelines for a week and see if that gives you better progress.

Good luck!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #1216
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippalee-Mae View Post
Hello All,

Welcome back to Atkins!

I was more than 10 pounds heavier than you when I started and I just passed 160 a few days ago. So you can totally do it! It took me 10 months to go from 235 to 159.5, but I'm a slower loser than most of the forum ladies who started in my weight range. So your outlook is great!

Since you're busy with school, are you preparing your meals in advance? Prepping in advance has really helped me out because it's hard to tell what's in the food that restaurants and places make. For example, the "100% Pure Butter" at Red Lobster has 2g carbs per ounce because they put some sort of sugar or starch in it.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #1217
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

You've done it before so you can totally do it again. Good work getting back on the saddle!

OUCH on your daughter. That's super harsh.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #1218
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
My mother keeps asking me what flavor of cupcakes to order. I keep reminding her i'm on ATKINS and can't eat cupcakes. My husband and I are trying to plan now what to do while traveling and visiting family because there won't be low carb options readily available while we are there. Normally I don't rent a car when we go but this time we will because I need to be able to go to the grocery store and get what we need to stay on plan without my mother forcing cupcakes and catering at me.
I hope you can keep your progress going while you're away. I know that's difficult... Incredibly difficult.

My brothers, who are both bodybuilders, have a saying, "Don't trade what you really want for what you think you want right now." Cupcakes and pizza and that stuff are moments of delight that end quickly, but good health is a priceless gift that can last the rest of your life. Off-plan foods don't help the big picture and we've all gotta remember that.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #1219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinalyn
Stats: 5"2- goal met -86 pounds gone
Atkins newbie

Just started induction yesterday,tues,april 2.
i have previously lost weight with another plan,(73#s lost )but have more to go to get to my goal weight. since i love atkins eating lifestyle,this wil be what i stick with for goal and beyond.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #1220
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
"Don't trade what you really want for what you think you want right now." Cupcakes and pizza and that stuff are moments of delight that end quickly, but good health is a priceless gift that can last the rest of your life. Off-plan foods don't help the big picture and we've all gotta remember that.
I really like that quote! I am not at all interested in off-plan food, I feel really good now that I'm over the induction flu. I have been "sober" from sugar for 10 days and it feels really good! My body feels really good. It's about more than just the weight now for me. It's about feeling healthy. I may not LOOK very healthy, but I FEEL great right now!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #1221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Note to self... remember to take glass from computer desk to kitchen...... just drank yesterdays leftover crystal light.... EWWWWWWWWWWWW GROSS!

Hey everyone. Had a great day today. Had cheesecake and couldn't even eat the whole lil piece. Got to love that.

Welcome Dinalyn
Old 04-04-2013, 02:33 AM   #1222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
Wow.I have just read through 25 pages in one day.My eyes ache.I love this thread it is so sweet,supportive and friendly but best of all Trillex gets all sciency

I grew up among college types and scientists and always want to know the why.
Trillex, you are my LC hero...
..I suspect I even want to join the gym for the first time in 20 years.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #1223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dinalyn
Stats: 5"2- goal met -86 pounds gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Note to self... remember to take glass from computer desk to kitchen...... just drank yesterdays leftover crystal light.... EWWWWWWWWWWWW GROSS!

Hey everyone. Had a great day today. Had cheesecake and couldn't even eat the whole lil piece. Got to love that.

Welcome Dinalyn
thanks for the welcome
Old 04-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #1224
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lil'g
Stats: 186/186/130
Start Date: 04/01/13
I have been on many diets, never Atkins. Just started. This morning I had a frittata with sauteed onions, peppers, mushrooms and a little cheddar with a sausage patty. Quite delicious, although I do miss the home fries and toast! I am certainly willing to give this a go.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #1225
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: windiloo
Stats: 195/192
Start Date: March 31, 2013
After a couple of days you'll miss the potatoes and bread less...This my 2nd time on Atkins and today is my 5th day on Induction. The only craving I've really had is potato chips! So...I found a recipe for Zucchini Dorrito style chips. I made them, but haven't tried yet. Will keep you posted!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #1226
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'g View Post
I have been on many diets, never Atkins. Just started. This morning I had a frittata with sauteed onions, peppers, mushrooms and a little cheddar with a sausage patty. Quite delicious, although I do miss the home fries and toast! I am certainly willing to give this a go.
Radishes are allowed in induction and taste really good chopped or sliced and sauteed in bacon grease
Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #1227
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kpass001
Stats: 229/225/140
WOE: Atkins/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: April 2013
Hello all! Been a long time since I've low-or no-carbed it. I have found great success with completing induction before, but always stopped because of the glorious weight loss, only to eventually find myself back at the same big, or bigger, sizes once more.

I am done with yo-yoing and putting my life in danger, so I'm ready to start over and determined to see all of the phases through.

Started induction 2 days ago, and have been really strict on myself. I even passed on a small glass of red wine last night at a party, which is SO unlike me! Overall feel like I'm having an out of body experience. I read somewhere on one of the boards that the first 3-7 days of induction may make you feel like you have the common flu. That's exactly how I would describe this. I've got a headache, I feel achey, and I'm not going to even to describe what's going on in the bathroom.

But what's funny is, this general feeling of yuckiness is honestly WONDERFUL, because guess what? I'm not hungry! Hallelujah! I'm usually ALWAYS hungry! I love the fact that I am not tempted to eat foods I normally crave because I honestly just don't want them.

...and the best part is, I am already down 1.5 pounds in 2 DAYS!

I am happy with the immediate results I am finding, but know that I will need inspiration to press on.

Look forward to taking this journey with you ladies! Congrats and good luck to all of you!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #1228
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinalyn View Post
Just started induction yesterday,tues,april 2.
i have previously lost weight with another plan,(73#s lost )but have more to go to get to my goal weight. since i love atkins eating lifestyle,this wil be what i stick with for goal and beyond.
Welcome to Atkins, Dinalyn! Congratulations on losing 73 pounds. That is so fantastic, you must feel wonderful!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #1229
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwistars View Post
Wow.I have just read through 25 pages in one day.My eyes ache.I love this thread it is so sweet,supportive and friendly but best of all Trillex gets all sciency

I grew up among college types and scientists and always want to know the why.
Trillex, you are my LC hero...
..I suspect I even want to join the gym for the first time in 20 years.
Awww, Kiwi, you are so sweet! The Induction Babies have kept me on track for almost a year and I don't know what I would have done without this thread.

If I make it to goal, I want to give Neezie and Big Stevie $1 for every post they wrote that kept me going!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #1230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
I really like that quote! I am not at all interested in off-plan food, I feel really good now that I'm over the induction flu. I have been "sober" from sugar for 10 days and it feels really good! My body feels really good. It's about more than just the weight now for me. It's about feeling healthy. I may not LOOK very healthy, but I FEEL great right now!
Your attitude is so awesome! I can totally see why you've already been so successful and have made such impressive progress. It took me MONTHS to achieve the productive attitude that you already have. Rock on!
Closed Thread