Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dagnyt
Stats: 228/228/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 23, 2012
Thanks you guys!

I drank a ton of water yesterday. Was in the bathroom a gazillion times LOL But it felt good to stay hydrated.

I'm definitely staying waaaay under the allowed number of daily carbs. I don't know how to fit in 20. I'd have to eat more cheese and cream. I already eat a decent amount of veggies. But I eat mostly super-low-carb veggies. Not to avoid the carbs, just because I prefer them. But I definitely pay attention to every single thing that I put into my body.

Still feeling great on day 4! In fact, possibly better. This morning I cooked up some breakfast sausage, then added an egg, tiny bit of shredded cheddar (seriously tiny) and less than an ounce of cream cheese. So Awesome!! Also incredibly satisfying. And it made my hatred of eggs disappear. Can't wait to have that again tomorrow morning! Got my coffee with a tiny bit of cream (less than a tablespoon) and I'm set. (also have a giant cup of water here)

Lunch will be salad (lettuce and radishes) with ranch dressing and some roast beef with spicy brown mustard. Probably a pickle too.

Got some pork rinds for a snack. Will dip them in ranch.

I think dinner is kielbasa and cabbage fried in butter and bacon. Yum!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I'm already thinking ahead..I always do that.

Do most people stay in induction until they are close to there goal weight/size/appearance, etc?

When you start adding the 5 grams of carbs until you stop losing lbs/inches you back down 5 carbs until you start losing again, right?

And then you eventually try adding the carbs again or do you stay at that level??
you And then you only eat a certain amount of carbs for the rest of your life otherwise you'll gain weight? what if that's only 35? lol
And eventually your body must get used to a very low amount of carbs, right and stops losing altogether?

I really am reading the book! Just making sure I'm understanding correctly.
THanks!!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dagnyt
Stats: 228/228/145
Start Date: July 23, 2012
Oooh, I was so proud of myself, thinking there's no way I'm hitting anywhere near 20 carbs a day. So I checked my tracker account and tracked everything I ate and will eat today. Yup, 19. Well I guess I am hitting it!

I know I had less yesterday. Today I actually had bottled ranch dressing. To be honest, I don't really like it. I guess I'll take it home (bought it to have with salad at work) and my husband can use it. So there's a source of carbs that I don't need.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cosmicstargoat
Stats: 248.5/241.4/215.0 by Oct. 1
Start Date: July 21, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
I'm already thinking ahead..I always do that.

Do most people stay in induction until they are close to there goal weight/size/appearance, etc?

When you start adding the 5 grams of carbs until you stop losing lbs/inches you back down 5 carbs until you start losing again, right?

And then you eventually try adding the carbs again or do you stay at that level??
you And then you only eat a certain amount of carbs for the rest of your life otherwise you'll gain weight? what if that's only 35? lol
And eventually your body must get used to a very low amount of carbs, right and stops losing altogether?

I really am reading the book! Just making sure I'm understanding correctly.
THanks!!
Reading the book is very important. People must understand THE WHY.

I strongly recommend watching this series of videos, "The Skinny on Obesity". It is the most devastating indictment of sugar I have ever seen. If you watch all of this you will never want to ingest fructose again.

Again, it explains THE WHY. Very important video.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
Oh my goodness, yesterday I discovered Linda's low carb website and she has some great suggestions for induction stage. Well I drove to Walmart and got all of the ingredients for her onion/broccoli cheese quiche. Stayed up late last night and made a huge pan that will last me a couple of days. The best part is that it's DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Menu:
B: coffee & cream, quiche
L: quiche
S: cup pork rinds plain
D: quiche

Yes, I'm addicted today, but tomorrow I'll switch up my meal plan - lol
Old 07-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Day three I had a day out at the horse racing track with a business group I belong to.

B- Ham and and cucumbers
L- Italian Box lunch supplied for the group. I ate the Italian deli sandwich without the bread. Meet cheese, tomato and lettuce. Also olives and artichoke hearts were the salad I got lucky. I gave the sugary soda and large chocolate chip cookie away. But I did have two shots of vodka with water and a lime.
D - Two hard boiled eggs, a hamburger patty, string cheese and salad.

Day 4 Feeling better this morning

B- BLT without the bread. This was great. Hard to eat with a fork though. Next time I will do it as a wrap.
L Salad with chicken.

Drinking a gallon of water a day. It is hard.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amlyjo
Stats: 332/310/175
WOE: LC-HF-MP
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
would you mind sharing your recipe for the flax muffins?
I just use the one from here in the recipe area. I found big bags of ground flax at Costco.

1/4 c ground flax
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp stevia or splenda
1/2 tsp cinnamon

I usually mix this dry stuff the night before. Then in the morning I add one egg, and one tsp of butter or coconut oil. Mix and pop into a bowl sprayed with Pam. Zap for one minute.

I tried topping it with butter but it was too oily for me - too salty. So I like it best with cream cheese. BUT, I have read lots of people leave out the cinnamon and make savory ones and use them as buns. I'm going to try it, but it's very filling as is, so I don't know if I could use it as a bun with more stuff on it.

Be careful....some people seem to stall using these. And also the flax is pure fiber, so YMMV. I did not have intestinal distress nor gain with them. But had I added in addition to a big meal, I might have. I use it as my whole breakfast.

Dag, that's funny that you said you calculated up to 19. I was thinking surely if you like lots of veggies you are getting at least that many! But those truly are the good ones!

Cosmic, thank you for posting that video!!

I'm still doing really well...despite a cheat of a small bowl of watermelon last night. I can pass on chocolate cake, but the watermelon was just too ice cold and delicious in this TX heat to pass up!! I'm down another .8 this morning, so I am officially down 10 pounds in about a week and a half!!

Today:
B - coffee w/hnh, 2 eggs fried in butter, 3 slices of bacon
L - salad = 2 c romaine, 2oz cheese, 20 or so black olives, 3T ranch, 2T salsa
D - hamburger patty w/mushrooms sauteed in butter, topped with swiss cheese, maybe some broccoli too

6/22/13 restart of NK
Old 07-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlyjo View Post

Cosmic, thank you for posting that video!!
You're welcome. It is the most important video on nutrition I have ever seen. It explains everything and validates that Atkins was dead solid spot on with his diet plan. It makes so much sense and it is so important to understand why we are doing what we do and why it works.

I urge everyone to watch the video and comment.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Amly- thanks..I managed to find the recipe earlier. Er, I added two TBSPS of butter,

Tasted pretty good!! I wonder why people stall with them??

Cosmic, going to watch the video now!

Here are my meals today:

eggy french toast thingy
plus a flax muffin

( I just got done at the gym, was famished)

Beef kabobs, lol
spinach

Possibly another flax muffin since I didn't eat much today..

CALS- 1765
Protein- 110.3
CARBS- 27
FIBER- 19
FAT- 134(<---whoah)

Highest calorie day yet!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

QUESTION: I see that many use coconut oil, but I've never used it before. What is it good for, because I don't fry foods anymore, but would love to learn what are other purposes for it. Also, I noticed that my local Walmart is starting to carry this, but is really expensive from the other brands at $15.99 for a small container.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Sails, not sure what is allowed to be linked here, but if you google the health benefits of coconut oil, you will get lots of info. Some people think it is the health thing du jour, , but I think the benefits are awesome. I only take about a tablespoon a day though because I am keeping an eye on my calories.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stardust1
Hi, ladies. I'm back to induction after losing it all and gaining back some :-( I started out at 210ish back in 2007, went down to 146 by 2009 with LC on and off. Maintained until 2011 and blew up after too many carb orgies - what else? Right now I am at 185, started induction on 07/21 and now I'm down 4 pounds. Goal is 145 by the end of this year. Looking for support and to support you back. :-)
Old 07-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LovingLosingIt
Stats: 226/209/160
WOE: Atkins/LC
Start Date: 6/18/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sails92 View Post
QUESTION: I see that many use coconut oil, but I've never used it before. What is it good for, because I don't fry foods anymore, but would love to learn what are other purposes for it. Also, I noticed that my local Walmart is starting to carry this, but is really expensive from the other brands at $15.99 for a small container.
Sails, I use CO in my OMM, and they turn out GREAT! That way you're getting all the benefits of CO, but you don't have to put it in your coffee (I couldn't stomach that). It also keeps you from having to add Pam or whatever to grease the dish you make the muffin in, which is good. I LOVE the OMM, they're a lifesaver when you're craving something sweet (just add a little SFS) or bread (they make an AWESOME "biscuit" for your eggs and cheese in the morning or a "bun" for your burgers). You honestly can't taste the CO at all in them, especially once you add the Splenda or savory herbs/spices. I would like to eat at least one muffin a day, but I'm scared of stalling, so I only eat them a couple of times a week. Plus, CO is beyond awesome for your hair--slather a little on, wrap your head in a towel, wait 20 min (or overnight) and then wash as normal. You'll be amazed at how silky soft your hair is! It also makes an excellent moisturizer for skin and cuticles. It's really wonderful stuff.

It sounds like everyone is doing great! I'm going to check out ****** tomorrow to keep better count of my carb/calorie intake, and I'm off to watch that video in just a minute.

Today is our 9 year anniversary , so we're having some awesome T-bone steaks, cauli mash, and spinach and feta salad for dinner. I can't wait!

Have a great evening, everyone!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Just popping in to say that y'all are doing wonderfully!!! I've read the entire thread- KUTGW!!

I've been successful on Atkins, but stopped when I got pregnant and while I was nursing him. Tried WW but that didn't work, so now doing what I know works for me good luck on your journey, and if I can answer any questions please let me know!

P.S. military family over here, too
Old 07-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #105
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jillieb
Stats: 170.5/168/145
Start Date: 7.11.12
Hey girls. Good job on your losses etc. I can't remember what everyone wrote now from the last page. lol.

B-cheese stick
L-wendy's bacon burger no bun
s-cheese stick
D-ground turkey stroganoff type thing over mashed cauliflour
s-2 hard boiled eggs

My OMM always seems so wet...should I cook it more?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sails, not sure what is allowed to be linked here, but if you google the health benefits of coconut oil, you will get lots of info. Some people think it is the health thing du jour, , but I think the benefits are awesome. I only take about a tablespoon a day though because I am keeping an eye on my calories.
Thanks for the info and I'm going to do some google research
Old 07-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the info. I'm still steal learning this new way of eating, so please excuse my ignorance, but what's OMM?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLosingIt View Post
Sails, I use CO in my OMM, and they turn out GREAT! That way you're getting all the benefits of CO, but you don't have to put it in your coffee (I couldn't stomach that). It also keeps you from having to add Pam or whatever to grease the dish you make the muffin in, which is good. I LOVE the OMM, they're a lifesaver when you're craving something sweet (just add a little SFS) or bread (they make an AWESOME "biscuit" for your eggs and cheese in the morning or a "bun" for your burgers). You honestly can't taste the CO at all in them, especially once you add the Splenda or savory herbs/spices. I would like to eat at least one muffin a day, but I'm scared of stalling, so I only eat them a couple of times a week. Plus, CO is beyond awesome for your hair--slather a little on, wrap your head in a towel, wait 20 min (or overnight) and then wash as normal. You'll be amazed at how silky soft your hair is! It also makes an excellent moisturizer for skin and cuticles. It's really wonderful stuff.

It sounds like everyone is doing great! I'm going to check out ****** tomorrow to keep better count of my carb/calorie intake, and I'm off to watch that video in just a minute.

Today is our 9 year anniversary , so we're having some awesome T-bone steaks, cauli mash, and spinach and feta salad for dinner. I can't wait!

Have a great evening, everyone!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

One minute muffin.

Aka

Muffin in a minute or MIM
Old 07-27-2012, 05:25 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Another 2lbs down..this is great!!
I know it's going to slow down eventually though..
fwiw, I had a OMM yesterday, lol.

How does it stall someone..does the fiber expand in your stomach and cause people to bloat making the scale stuck?

Cosmic- I liked the vid and I understand.
I still have questions though
Old 07-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, what is a good recipe for the OMM?

Quote:
One minute muffin.

Aka

Muffin in a minute or MIM
Old 07-27-2012, 05:38 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

I'm still hooked and baked so much from the other day that I'm going to have to finish the pan - LOL

Menu:
B: coffee & cream, quiche
L: quiche
S: cup pork rinds plain
D: grilled chicken breast (Sam's Club has the BEST)
Old 07-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

oh and hello fellow military person :P
what part of MD?
We're in Pax River.

The recipe I found for the OMM is:

1/4 cup ground flax
1tsp- 2tbsp butter ( i guess it varies??)
1 egg
1/4 tsp baking powder
cinnamon
splenda

mix dry ingredients in a coffee cup, add wet ingredients...pop into mic for 1 minute..(mine takes 1 min 30s) I liked it with extra butter spread on top and cinnamon.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neezie
Stats: 238.2/getting smaller!/130
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: July 2012
Oh My Gosh, this thread is blowing up! Awesome!

Hello and
to all the new people!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Cosmic- I liked the vid and I understand.
I still have questions though
Such as?
Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Yesterdays Menu:

B one flax muffin. They really keep me regular! 1 piece bacon
L 2 mini slider hamburgers with brie cheese and garlic mayo
S 3 hot wings with ranch dressing
D chicken alfredo over shirataki noodles yum! (Noodles with 1 carb and fiber? Wow)
Old 07-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezie View Post
Yesterdays Menu:

B one flax muffin. They really keep me regular! 1 piece bacon
L 2 mini slider hamburgers with brie cheese and garlic mayo
S 3 hot wings with ranch dressing
D chicken alfredo over shirataki noodles yum! (Noodles with 1 carb and fiber? Wow)
Tell me more about these noodles.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sails92 View Post
Thanks, what is a good recipe for the OMM?
I see someone posted it just below your request, and I also posted it above thread. Also, you can make them savory. Go to the recipe area for lots of good ideas too! I think the OMM is in the "baked goods" area or something like that. Anyways, there are ideas there for making them savory too. Main Index - LowCarbFriends Recipes
Old 07-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cosmicstargoat(are you an astronomer?)

Shirataki noodles seem to be mostly fiber and plant derived. I got them at safeway. They have 40 calories for a whole bag and 1 net carb. They smell weird out of the package but after you rinse and cook them for two minutes they really taste like noodles. We will see if they stall me or not.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Great job on the weight loss guys!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
Tell me more about these noodles.
I have 2 packages of them in my fridge that I got at Sprouts. Mine have Tofu so they aren't as completely carb/calorie free as some I have seen. I'm scared to try them. They look like worms packaged in water. I have read some threads on the best way to cook them and I am still scared of them. I guess I need to just do it already. Most people like them because they bulk up your recipe, but so far I haven't needed to add bulk, so I haven't thought to break them out.

Mmmmmmmm, slimy worms for dinner!!
Closed Thread