Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #1141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Bwahahahaha stevie!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #1142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen View Post
Bwahahahaha stevie!
TMI
Old 03-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #1143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
I am losing my undies on a regular basis these days. They keep falling down. They were bought less than a year ago and they have made it through 75 pounds of weight loss but now they are just too big. Just thought I would share.
TeeHee! You can't just put a belt on that type of pants!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #1144
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Good to Know Steve! LOL can't wait till I have that problem. Right now I have undies from 40# ago and I'm too fat so they roll down. I'd just like them to fit now... soon enough right?

Anyway I'm back... sorry got lost last week. The no trip to grocery just had me all out of it. Stayed on plan but it was sloppy. Didn't make me feel good and I didn't have an idea ahead of time of what was for meals. This week I'm back to super organized recipes in a seperate binder for the week, ready to go!!!

We found Deep Dish Pizza... it is his new favorite meal. He want's this 2x a week at least. LOL. Can't wait till I have a bunch of his favorites found so he looks forward to meals a bit more. He's so picky! Love the hell out of him, not sure what I'm going to do when he doesn't have the big Buddha tummy for me to rub.

Ok I've ran on for long enough... missed everyone!
Hey, Laura! You're so busy, and your nighttime work schedule sounds like it would have its own set of challenges, so I tip my hat to you for keeping it together when the cupboard got a bit bare.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #1145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Trillex - Thank you!

We did boneless buffalo wings for dinner. I used hot & spicy pork rinds and parmaesan cheese as the "breading" then dunked them in Sweet Baby Ray's carb free wing sauce! YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had prep night last night... got all the onions, green onions, peppers, cauliflower prepped for the week. Made enough boneless wings for 2 meals. Still have to make the oopsie rolls to try.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #1146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: huyguy
Hi, I've been reading on here for a couple of weeks. Been low carb for 4 and a half weeks, started at 227lbs down to 208 lbs.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #1147
Senior LCF Member

Welcome huyguy. Great start! Stick with it and you will be at goal in no time. This place is helpful, keep posting.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #1148
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: UnderCoverAbs
I did so good for 2 weeks, and on the two week mark I binged on nachos and a tortilla (not at the same time lol) UGH~! I did not want to get on the scale, but I decided I better to hold myself accountable. +5lbs. The 5lbs that I had lost in 2 weeks. I know it's mostly water and will go back down, but I am still very frustrated with myself. It was NOT worth it! So I downloaded the Atkins app and I'm tracking my carbs (before I was just trying to remember everything I ate). Really hoping I can stick with LC for life! It's hard when you've got two little ones who live off of cereal and PB&J Anyway! Sorry so long-winded. I needed to vent, and I can't vent to family/friends because they are rather judgmental and I don't want to listen to them preach
Old 03-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
Great job Stevie!!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #1150
Major LCF Poster!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #1151
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderCoverAbs View Post
I did so good for 2 weeks, and on the two week mark I binged on nachos and a tortilla (not at the same time lol) UGH~! I did not want to get on the scale, but I decided I better to hold myself accountable. +5lbs. The 5lbs that I had lost in 2 weeks. I know it's mostly water and will go back down, but I am still very frustrated with myself. It was NOT worth it! So I downloaded the Atkins app and I'm tracking my carbs (before I was just trying to remember everything I ate). Really hoping I can stick with LC for life! It's hard when you've got two little ones who live off of cereal and PB&J Anyway! Sorry so long-winded. I needed to vent, and I can't vent to family/friends because they are rather judgmental and I don't want to listen to them preach
Good work on keeping yourself accountable! I think that's the most difficult part.

Honestly, tracking has been my best support tool because it lets me know what I've done every day -- no matter what the scale says, when I look back at my food and know that I've followed all of the rules then I know I'm making progress. It hasn't let me down yet -- in 10 months on Atkins -- because I've stuck to the plan (which I can see when I look at my food tracker) and I've continued to make progress.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #1152
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Trillex - Thank you!

We did boneless buffalo wings for dinner. I used hot & spicy pork rinds and parmaesan cheese as the "breading" then dunked them in Sweet Baby Ray's carb free wing sauce! YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had prep night last night... got all the onions, green onions, peppers, cauliflower prepped for the week. Made enough boneless wings for 2 meals. Still have to make the oopsie rolls to try.
Just curious: do you deep fry them or pan fry the wings?

I eat nuts on Sundays and I have occasionally used ground sunflower seeds as "breading." It's super tasty but it cracks off when I try to deep fry them. I prefer deep frying to pan frying, but nuts don't stick like flour. So I'm wondering if pork rinds will stick when deep fried. I've honestly never had pork rinds except fresh off the pig in Puerto Rico so I'm not sure what the texture of the packaged pork rinds is like.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #1153
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! I've been plugging along! Pretty happy with myself and progress!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #1154
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 View Post
Hey everyone! I've been plugging along! Pretty happy with myself and progress!
Way to go, Rebecca! You're at the 50 pound mark, that must feel great!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #1155
Major LCF Poster!

Trillex - I deep fried them. I coated them then put them in the freezer. It helps the "breading" stick better.

UnderCoverAbs - just keep at it. It will get easier, at least that's what I think. I offered my bf a cheat day on Sunday and he said no. So we're making progress.

huyguy - glad to have ya here

Today did a creole bbq shrimp... oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! So YUMMY!!! only thing I'm going to change for next time is thicking the sauce up. Don't know why I never remember to take pics... I eat it too fast.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Whoah rebecca, congratulations! and that photo looks deeelish!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #1157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlahr
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: June 15, 2009
DairyQueen, I totally agree - Rebecca's breakfast looks UH-MAZING!! The fried wings sound delish too! Can you tell I'm starving???lol

Stevie - LOLOLOL!! You are too funny!!

So not to be a downer, but I came to whine and get a kick in the pants today! Things have been super busy for me for the past week, so I apologize for not checking in on a regular basis! I am almost to week 3 - day 20 is today.....and I'm down 11 pounds - uuugh!! I know...why am I sooo upset about that? I guess I had it in my head that I could lose 20 pounds in a month because I'm so heavy right now? I'm not eating a ton and am only eating atkins food....I think I need more exercise and water.

Yesterday, I had a chicken breast for breakfast and since I'm stuck at work for 11 hours on Mondays and was super busy....I had a chicken breast on 2 cups of lettuce for dinner. I think my problem was...I had 1 cup of coffee in the morning until about 7pm - could that be hanging me up? This morning, I'm sooo starving and had to wake up at 2:30 because I was so thirsty!! I'm not giving up....I will have at least 45-60 pounds of this off by summerish or mid summerish I get extreme..so I appreciate you bringing me back to earth....but I'm wondering, should I do an egg fast or something or just keep pluggin away??

Anyways, thank you for listening as always!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Darlah
Old 03-26-2013, 05:23 AM   #1158
Senior LCF Member

Rebecca,

I'm sorry....I missed your milestone!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your 50 pounds!! That is absolutely amazing!! You got this girl!!

Smile
Darlah
Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #1159
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlahr View Post
So not to be a downer, but I came to whine and get a kick in the pants today! Things have been super busy for me for the past week, so I apologize for not checking in on a regular basis! I am almost to week 3 - day 20 is today.....and I'm down 11 pounds - uuugh!! I know...why am I sooo upset about that? I guess I had it in my head that I could lose 20 pounds in a month because I'm so heavy right now? I'm not eating a ton and am only eating atkins food....I think I need more exercise and water.

Yesterday, I had a chicken breast for breakfast and since I'm stuck at work for 11 hours on Mondays and was super busy....I had a chicken breast on 2 cups of lettuce for dinner. I think my problem was...I had 1 cup of coffee in the morning until about 7pm - could that be hanging me up? This morning, I'm sooo starving and had to wake up at 2:30 because I was so thirsty!! I'm not giving up....I will have at least 45-60 pounds of this off by summerish or mid summerish I get extreme..so I appreciate you bringing me back to earth....but I'm wondering, should I do an egg fast or something or just keep pluggin away??
It's only been 3 weeks and you've already lost 11 pounds, so you might actually lose the 20 pounds this month that you're hoping to lose. I only weigh once per month so I don't know what the daily ups and downs look like but from reading other threads, it seems like people sometimes hold at a certain weight for a few days and then drop pounds in fits and spurts. So where you are on Day 20 is not necessarily an indication of where you will be on Day 30.

I'm not sure that you actually have any pound loss hang ups, based on 11 pounds in 20 days, but if you aren't already weighing and measuring and tracking ALL of your food intake (and drinks), now is probably a good time to get into the habit of measuring and tracking your food (and drinks) because having an exact record of what you've been eating and how much you've been eating can help you address any problems that come up in the future.

And this is also a good time to get into the habit of EXACTLY following the Atkins guidelines. I don't know if the coffee has actually caused you any pound loss problems because I'm not sure you're actually having any pound loss problems but the Atkins plan I'm following, Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution (DANDR), says, "Avoid coffee, tea and soft drinks that contain caffeine. Excessive caffeine has been shown to cause low blood sugar, which can make you crave sugar."

So before you start adjusting the diet, make sure you're actually following the diet as it's written -- including the induction limits on daily veggie intake, the limits on cheese and cream and olives and avocados, and making sure you're only eating foods that are on the induction list. A lot of people make great progress eating nuts and yogurt and other higher level "ongoing weight loss" foods but, if you're concerned about your rate of loss, then at least start by making sure you aren't eating any of the higher level foods until you've moved up the ongoing weight loss ladder. The idea of the ladder is to add those things back in to your diet to see if any of those specific foods cause problems for you.

Ultimately, I think the approach you take to losing weight needs to reflect your goals. If you have an event or something this summer that you're desperate to drop maximum pounds for, then maybe you should set a pound loss goal for that date and be ready to do whatever you need to do in order to achieve that goal. If you check around the forum, you can find tweaks that people have used to speed up their pound loss rate, like "egg fasts" or "potato hacks" and stuff like that.

If your goal is to lose bodyfat (not just scale weight) and lose the fat forever, then make sure you're learning to build a sustainable lifestyle based on the fundamentals of the diet. My copy of DANDR says, "When people learn that they can lose weight quickly, as they do during Induction, they sometimes take their ability to lose weight for granted. They don't think in terms of a lifetime commitment to the Atkins lifestyle -- just a quick fix for overindulgence. The result of this faulty thinking is yo-yo dieting and metabolic resistance to weight loss." If you want to walk away from what you currently weigh and never EVER see that number on the scale again, then you will need to find a way to eat that you can sustain and enjoy for the long-term without wanting to return to the habits that took you up to a scale number that you don't want.

Tom Venuto is a champion bodybuilder, bodybuilding training consultant, and personal trainer. Venuto said that his biggest challenge in training "regular" clients, as opposed to training bodybuilders, is that when "regular" clients learn what foods they can eat to make them lose pounds at the fastest rate then that's what they consider a "diet" and they will eat those foods to take off the pounds but they look forward to the day when they can stop eating that way. These clients don't build a sustainable food lifestyle for their lower weight so they don't maintain their lower weight. Venuto says his most successful "regular" clients are almost never the ones who lose at the fastest rate, but are the ones who change their mindset from thinking about "dieting" to thinking about "eating better." He says that the clients who decide to "eat better" forever are the people who call him years later to thank him and tell him that they're still doing great and feeling good at their lower weight, while the clients who didn't change their mindset call him years later and ask him to help them lose the weight all over again.

So if you genuinely like chicken breast and lettuce, then I think you should eat that and enjoy it because, no matter what the scale said this morning, that's an Atkins induction meal and it will help you to lose fat and the scale will eventually reflect that fat loss. But if you're just eating chicken and lettuce because you're thinking of it as a quick fix that you can ditch as soon as you get to goal, then it may be time to look for some Atkins recipes that you will enjoy and eat for whatever period of time it takes you to lose the pounds that you want to lose -- and that you can enjoy while sustaining your smaller body.

That's just my $0.02! Unfortunately, I'm not an expert on maximizing pound loss speed. I've lost scale pounds at a very modest rate -- in fact, I only lost 10 pounds in my entire first month and I started at 235 pounds with 100 pounds to lose. I'm one of the slowest losers in the forum, and I've just followed the book without tweaking anything, so I'm definitely not qualified to give advice on ways to improve Atkins.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #1160
Senior LCF Member

Darlahr you need to eat in order to lose weight. Start eating more and drinking more water. You should be drinking 1 ounce of water for every two pounds of body weight up to 128 ounces a day. If you are doing that you won't be waking up in the middle of the night thirsty, but you will probably be waking up to pee.

You basically had no fat yesterday. This diet, and your head, run on fat. You gotta have it. The diet breaks the rules we've all been taught. You need to eat to lose. Don't let yourself get hungry. Take good snacks to work. Get pork rinds, pickles, lunch meat, hard boiled eggs and leave them at work. Also get a bag of that pre made salad and put it in the fridge. And a couple of Atkins bars for emergencies.

Also, choose dark chicken like thighs with the skin on instead of skinless breast.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #1161
Senior LCF Member

Hi Trillex,

You are always what I need!! Thank you so much for that!! Like I mentioned, I have been at this 'dieting' thing for YEARS!! I do NOT ever want to have to do this again and this is the largest I have ever been. I do have a wedding that I am going to be in in June, however, the bride would still love me to be in her wedding today at this size or in June at whatever size I end up to be. I think I need to stop pressuring myself, it's a behavior I've had my entire life and I really think I need to work on learning that slow and steady win the race.

I do like chicken salads and that's why I had one. I had contemplated just having a peice of meat, but was sooo happy to put the meat on lettuce

Prior to starting atkins, I was on a different diet almost every day. I am making small changes and in order to stay positive about it, I think I need to adjust my mindset. I do want the fat loss and to know that I can still eat and not weigh this much ever again. I'm so thankful for you and the knowledge that you do have. I don't have the book...I was just going off of the first page and the atkins.com page.....and honestly, somewhat from memory. I think you're right though, I need to get the book and a journal and start tracking and measuring and that in itself should iron out some of the kinks

Have a great day!!

Darlah
Old 03-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #1162
Major LCF Poster!

So today did the Deep Dish Pizza... he talked me into doing it again on Thursday... he wasn't kidding when he said it's his new favorite. LOL

Not much going on I seem to be stalled so need to rethink what I'm eating and drinking. Oh well another day.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #1163
Senior LCF Member

Hi Big Stevie,

I just read your post!! Thank you for your tips!! I have not been drinking enough water - so I started chugging yesterday and I did see a small drop this morning! You think I need to eat more? I'll have to get some pork rinds...I think they're $1. I don't like dark meat chicken - can I add sesame oil or something to white chicken? I am cooking a roast for dinner...so hopefully that will help some too!!

Thank you so much, I will start to snack more.

Darlah
Old 03-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #1164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hayek
Stats: 220/155/175
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 2/26/13 (Atkins-ish); 5/6/13 (Keto)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
So if you genuinely like chicken breast and lettuce, then I think you should eat that and enjoy it because, no matter what the scale said this morning, that's an Atkins induction meal and it will help you to lose fat and the scale will eventually reflect that fat loss. But if you're just eating chicken and lettuce because you're thinking of it as a quick fix that you can ditch as soon as you get to goal, then it may be time to look for some Atkins recipes that you will enjoy and eat for whatever period of time it takes you to lose the pounds that you want to lose -- and that you can enjoy while sustaining your smaller body.

That's just my $0.02! Unfortunately, I'm not an expert on maximizing pound loss speed. I've lost scale pounds at a very modest rate -- in fact, I only lost 10 pounds in my entire first month and I started at 235 pounds with 100 pounds to lose. I'm one of the slowest losers in the forum, and I've just followed the book without tweaking anything, so I'm definitely not qualified to give advice on ways to improve Atkins.
I just wanted to say I strongly agree with this. I am doing a long-term self-modified version of the Atkins induction phase (the biggest consistent deviations being mostly allowing myself 1-2 cups of extra non-starchy vegetables or leafy greens, allowing my one cup of morning coffee, and the occasional Crystal Light). And also not getting too hung up on net carbs, I aim for around 20 each day, but some days end up at the 30 range and some days end up lower than 10.

I do this mostly because I want a plan that I know I can stick to without feeling too deprived. It makes this way of eating come naturally to me and requires less panic/obsessing over minute details (which if I did is something that would make me give up on this way of eating). And I want this to be a way of eating, not a diet (in the contemporary sense). It may result in a slower rate of loss for me, but I also know it's sustainable in the long-run (for me). And that's what matters (to me).

I think a large part to a successful way of eating and weight loss is knowing yourself and what you truly can and can't do (within reason), then proceed from there. (As a veggie lover, sticking with induction levels of those allowed vegetables is something I simply cannot do on a regular, long-term basis. However, significantly reducing my Crystal Light in-take, is something I can easily do--until I'm out of stock, and then no more!) That's one of the great things about this board, you get to see just how many different types of things or slight variations are working for other people. You can then take that knowledge and apply it to yourself and see if it is what does or doesn't work for you. A lot of us work differently, but with a common goal of weight loss or weight maintenance. And I think long-term sustainability is the ultimate goal for many of us.

Last edited by Hayek; 03-27-2013 at 10:05 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #1165
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So today did the Deep Dish Pizza... he talked me into doing it again on Thursday... he wasn't kidding when he said it's his new favorite. LOL

Not much going on I seem to be stalled so need to rethink what I'm eating and drinking. Oh well another day.
Laura, honestly, you have a special talent for describing food! I've heard people on the forum talk about pork rinds, since I started, but I've never felt compelled to go out and try any bagged pork rinds. They just never "sounded" good to me. I'm like your husband, I think, I'm VERY particular about what I eat. I get really weird about texture and I won't eat foods that don't "sound" good to me. Basically, I'm a big spoiled baby. But the way you talked about that pork rind breaded chicken really captured my imagination. It's Holy Week in our culture, so no pork. But I'm def gonna try some pork rind breading to spice up some catfish next week.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #1166
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlahr View Post
Hi Trillex,

You are always what I need!! Thank you so much for that!! Like I mentioned, I have been at this 'dieting' thing for YEARS!! I do NOT ever want to have to do this again and this is the largest I have ever been. I do have a wedding that I am going to be in in June, however, the bride would still love me to be in her wedding today at this size or in June at whatever size I end up to be. I think I need to stop pressuring myself, it's a behavior I've had my entire life and I really think I need to work on learning that slow and steady win the race.

I do like chicken salads and that's why I had one. I had contemplated just having a peice of meat, but was sooo happy to put the meat on lettuce

Prior to starting atkins, I was on a different diet almost every day. I am making small changes and in order to stay positive about it, I think I need to adjust my mindset. I do want the fat loss and to know that I can still eat and not weigh this much ever again. I'm so thankful for you and the knowledge that you do have. I don't have the book...I was just going off of the first page and the atkins.com page.....and honestly, somewhat from memory. I think you're right though, I need to get the book and a journal and start tracking and measuring and that in itself should iron out some of the kinks

Have a great day!!

Darlah
I think you're off to a great start, Darlah! And maybe the wedding can be motivation to keep you on plan and away from temptation. If you stay on plan, you WILL be a smaller you in the wedding. Look at how far you've already come! You're already more than 10 pounds lighter today than you were when you started. Now, you just have to stick to the plan and you WILL continue to get smaller.

I have one more suggestion. If you haven't already done so, you should take some pictures of yourself now. And take your measurements. When you look back at them in a few months and compare, you will be amazed. Progress happens so gradually, it's easy to feel like you're doing worse than you're actually doing.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #1167
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ThickathanThick
Stats: 240/238/150
Start Date: 3-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
Hi Neezie!!! I am fairly new to low carb. This is my 3rd week on induction. Good to see your excitement. Keep posting and coming to LCF to help you stay on track. I look forward to being able to change my stats to show I lost some weight. I started at 226 and am now at 215. I lost 11 lbs in my first 2 weeks.
I hope I get this lucky!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #1168
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
I do this mostly because I want a plan that I know I can stick to without feeling too deprived. It makes this way of eating come naturally to me and requires less panic/obsessing over minute details (which if I did is something that would make me give up on this way of eating).
I'm like that, too. That's why I never did Weight Watchers even though a lot of my co-workers were doing it and the company we worked for subsidized the meals. All of that point counting and calorie counting and stuff would have driven me crazy! Knowing myself, that would have brought out the worst part of my obsessive personality.

Just tell me what to eat and what not to eat, simple.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #1169
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickathanThick View Post
I hope I get this lucky!!!
Hi! I'm in Ann Arbor and I started Atkins at 235!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #1170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
Hello, I am on day 3 of Induction. I am eating strictly by the book, and I'm having a terrible bout of the "flu".
I had bariatric surgery in Feb 2011. The weight loss was slow, but eventually I lost about 75lbs. I was eating whatever didn't hurt or get stuck, like candy and slurpees and still losing weight. I thought it would work like that forever. It doesnt.
Before surgery, I did 7 months of Atkins Induction (modified, not strict) and lost the same amount but gained it all back immediately after I stopped low carbing.
So here I am, full circle back to Atkins induction, by the book this time. I have been sugar free for 3 days. That is the longest I have gone without ANY sugar in my entire life. I can be pretty darn stubborn but I really hope I "GET IT" this time that this is not some short term diet, that this has to be a way of life. Anyways, thanks to everyone who posts and offers support to newbies like me.
My pre-op weight from 2011 was 240lbs (I'm 5'2). A year out from WLS I was 175lbs. 2 years out from surgery I am still 175lbs (give or take a lb, it fluxes). My goal weight (for now) is 130lbs. That would put me in the high normal range for my height per BMI tables.

Food:
B - 2 eggs scrambled in the microwave with 1oz cheddar and hot sauce. Decaf Earl Grey, no sugar.
L - 1c iceburg lettuce with 1 oz cheddar, sliced turkey and 2Tbs oil & vinegar. 1 large Crystal Light Margarita flavor (my mom got me these and I have had them in my kitchen for over a year. I never tried them until today. They are AWESOME!)
S- Atkins Strawberry Almond bar (says it is ok for all phases, any thoughts re: eating bars on induction??)
D - not sure yet. Maybe a steak and steamed veggies?

I really hope this Atkins flu doesn't stay on for long. It's absolutely miserable =(
Closed Thread