Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 03:50 AM   #961
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
tomatoes

I kept them to a small amount. They just looked so pretty on the salad. Somehow i found wonderful tasty tomatoes in March in Missouri.. go figure. But thank you for the tip I'll keep their use down.

Just went and double checked ... yeah higher in carbs but they are listed at 1/4Cup adding up to 4.3 carbs on the induction food listing at atkins site.

Last edited by LauraDavis; 03-02-2013 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: double checked facts

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #962
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bethanyblondie
Stats: 255/173/140
WOE: I have the Lap Band/Atkin's
Start Date: Restarted 1/28/2013
Hi everyone! I had a great week and am down to 194. That means I lost 21 spounds in the month of February. Also a big welcome to the new folks who just joined this thread! I love how we all work to support and inspire one another.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #963
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuyshuZ View Post
everyone! It's day 3 on induction for me, and I feel so inspired by everyone's success. My starting weight is the highest I've ever been, I'm committed to change. I'm ready to start enjoying more of my life with confidence in my appearance. I'm looking forward to sharing/meeting goals and accomplishments with everyone.
Congratulations on getting started! I've been on Atkins for 9 months and I really enjoy it. I was also at my all-time highest weight when I started, and I don't have a history of dieting, so I thought this diet was going to be very difficult and painful. But I've honestly found Atkins very easy to follow and to stick to.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #964
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Kids4me View Post
Day 1 for me! Here we go....

I went to the store and and stocked up on my veggies, bit of cheese, eggs, and some more meat (I had a well-stocked freezer already).

I've started re-reading Atkins 2002, just to get my mind in gear to doing this more by the book than I have in the past.

I'm starting at 199 lbs, but know there's plenty of water in that number. I'm hoping for a 15 lb drop for March and to get comfortably into my size 12 jeans. I think that's pretty doable for me. We'll see!

--JM
Way to go, JM! You're already killin' it!

Are you -- or is your trainer -- checking your measurements? You don't have to! But I have found it quite helpful to have a comprehensive set of measurements taken every month because it helps me see that, for example, even if I didn't lose any size on my waist during one month, I have still lost substantial inches from my calves and ankles. It's motivational, but I've also found it to be quite practical. During months when I haven't lost many scale pounds -- I hope you NEVER have those months! -- the change in measurements has helped me to see that I was still on-track with cutting bodyfat.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #965
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straphe View Post
What are we thinking regarding fat bombs, people? I recently made one batch (coconut oil, almond butter, peanut butter, butter and a bit of 90% chocolate) that resulted in two bigger bombs, had one yesterday and the other one today. Kept me full for almost 5 hours, but my tummy was having some issues, don't exactly know what, I just know that it was complaining. Maybe too much fat in too little time?
I've never had fat bombs but I grew up in a Caribbean family and we cook with A LOT of coconut oil. We've had *issues* in the past with non-Caribbean family friends having "digestive difficulty" after eating dishes that had a lot of coconut oil in them. For *some* people who are not accustomed to coconut oil, it can have a laxative effect. My cousin's husband is a mainstream, Midwestern, American guy and he had to build up a tolerance to coconut oil when they first got married. I will spare you the details, but he had some *weird* things happening in his bathroom trips. But he got used to it, over time, and now he eats everything my family eats without any problems.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #966
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Hi my name is Laura ...but since i see another how bout LauraDavis and still make it friendly. Anyway today was my first day on induction. The bf is starting in the morning... little crazy since he works 1st and i work 3rd. You guys have me a little nervous with the induction flu mentions but guess i'll just work through it.

Todays food
B- mixed spring greens with tomato, cucumber, bacan crumbles, cheddar cheese and itialian dressing with 3 sliced turkey rolls with cream cheese in the middle.

L- 2 bacon and hard boiled egg wrapped in romine lettuce with a touch of mayo

D- will be Spinach Frittata with Bacon and Cheddar or Egg MockMuffin

I have been pouring over recipes and have printed out a 3" binder worth of stuff to try....we're gonna be in induction for a while. I have 100# to lose and Terry, my bf, has around 250 - 275 to lose. We are not sure where he's starting out because the scale at his doctors won't weight him so we will have to go on how his clothes fit until the scale at home will register him. oh and my starting weight is 241#.

Well anyway hi and love the thread so active...
Welcome! Congratulations on starting your journey! I started Atkins at 235 pounds with 100 pounds to lose, so our stats are quite similar. I'm probably not the most inspiring example because I haven't had *rapid* weight loss. But I've stuck to the plan, no matter what the scale said, and I have made steady progress and my health is SO much better. I live in a duplex and yesterday it occurred to me that I don't even notice the stairs anymore -- those stairs used to KILL me!

Since both you and your boyfriend are dieting -- if you don't have kids -- get all of the off-plan food out of your house! I share a house and the first few months were emotionally a bit difficult because my housemate has cookies and chips all over the place. I didn't eat any, but just seeing them made me think about that stuff. After a couple of months, I got over even noticing her food. But if I'd had a choice, I would have gotten that stuff completely out of my sight during the first few months.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #967
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanyblondie View Post
Hi everyone! I had a great week and am down to 194. That means I lost 21 spounds in the month of February. Also a big welcome to the new folks who just joined this thread! I love how we all work to support and inspire one another.
Way to go, Bethany! You are SOLIDLY in ONEderland! That's fantastic!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #968
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3Kids4me
Stats: 202/196/155
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: March 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
Way to go, JM! You're already killin' it!

Are you -- or is your trainer -- checking your measurements? You don't have to! But I have found it quite helpful to have a comprehensive set of measurements taken every month because it helps me see that, for example, even if I didn't lose any size on my waist during one month, I have still lost substantial inches from my calves and ankles. It's motivational, but I've also found it to be quite practical. During months when I haven't lost many scale pounds -- I hope you NEVER have those months! -- the change in measurements has helped me to see that I was still on-track with cutting bodyfat.

I do take measurements with the tape measure monthly and do monthly pictures for my trainer so we can see the smaller changes too. Yeah, I can drop inches and the scale hardly budge! It's wacky, but I don't mind if I know I'm burning fat and possibly gaining muscle. I just want to look lean!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #969
Senior LCF Member

Welcome LauraDavis! I started out with about 100 lbs to lose in May 2010. Lost 50 within about 6 months and lost another 10 in the 6 months after that. But I kept jumping around diet plans and taking "breaks" which means my weight has jumped up and down 10 or so lbs for the past 18 months or so. So I came back to my first love, Atkins, this week and am going to work the plan much more closely all the way to goal this time. Glad you're here!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #970
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow 21 lbs! Way to go!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #971
Senior LCF Member

Day 2 is moving right along.

I did my Ease into 10k running plan this morning and then walked an extra 20 minutes. Then I did some serious cleaning.

Breakfast was coffee with cream, salami and provolone roll ups, Lunch was two sausage patties and two fried eggs. I'd better plan on a big salad for dinner to get a few veggies in.

Still waiting for that big "whoosh" of water weight, I'm pretty confident it will come. But slow drops work for me too. As long as the fat starts burning, I'll be a happy camper.

--JM
Old 03-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #972
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Wow it sounds like everyone is on the right track this week. Fantastic.

Welcome Laura. You can loose 100 on this plan. I am down 75 in just over 6 months. You can do it too!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #973
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rachel
Stats: 207/207/130
Start Date: Restart Sept 22, 2013
Quote:
Bethany

That is awesome you must share how you were able to do it just so others can pull ideas to help them with the struggles. Were you on induction to who month of February? You have to be proud of yourself. Question? Did you exercise? If so what did you do and for how long? Keep up the good work you are doing a great job!

Rachel
Old 03-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #974
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: straphe
Stats: 231/194.5/187
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 15 January 2013
Quote:
I've never had fat bombs but I grew up in a Caribbean family and we cook with A LOT of coconut oil. We've had *issues* in the past with non-Caribbean family friends having "digestive difficulty" after eating dishes that had a lot of coconut oil in them. For *some* people who are not accustomed to coconut oil, it can have a laxative effect. My cousin's husband is a mainstream, Midwestern, American guy and he had to build up a tolerance to coconut oil when they first got married. I will spare you the details, but he had some *weird* things happening in his bathroom trips. But he got used to it, over time, and now he eats everything my family eats without any problems.
Yeah, it definitely had a laxative effect on my as well, which is fair enough, as I haven't had any coconut oil in the past and had some digestive issues, so it was welcome (TMI, I know).

I've been flirting with coconut bark today, I have all the ingredients and I've read some really interesting recipes here, so I will have to find some time to make them. I'm kinda worried that going off of the simple induction foods will stall me or something, but if all ingredients are induction friendly, it can't exactly hurt, can it?
Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #975
Major LCF Poster!

Trillex I'm having the lil gal from work come over to load up all the food we can't have any more. She is 5 days from her due date and could really use the help a she was the only one in her house working. It's depressing in a way and freeing in another. I am a bit of a food horder, got it from my mom. My pantry is so loaded with food that i had to start using floor space to keep it all. Freezer is the same way so she'll be set for a few weeks.

Today is my off day so it might be hard for me today. I'm used to grazing all night long on all kinds of crap. So far not hungry but it's 2 1/2 hours to lunch.... drinkin a ton of water.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #976
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bethanyblondie
Stats: 255/173/140
WOE: I have the Lap Band/Atkin's
Start Date: Restarted 1/28/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Bethany

That is awesome you must share how you were able to do it just so others can pull ideas to help them with the struggles. Were you on induction to who month of February? You have to be proud of yourself. Question? Did you exercise? If so what did you do and for how long? Keep up the good work you are doing a great job!

Rachel
I was on strict induction starting on Jan. 28th, and I lost about fourteen pounds just in the first couple of weeks. I had kind of an "off" week after that where I would be good for some meals, and not so good for some others (my husband had a terrible cold and was in bed the whole week, so I felt like I was on my own with the three kids for days and days! Sooo...yeah...I gave in to eating some mac and cheese a few times...). That "off" week put me back up a few pounds and I was pretty mad at myself.

So, this last week I was very, very strict and kept my carb count as low as possible. Less than twenty a day, probably less than ten most days and NO cheese, not even that many veggies. I almost felt a mini induction flu on Wednesday from cutting back, but felt immensely better by Thursday. Friday morning I weighed in and I was at 194! I drank plenty of water and some iced tea.

I have not been exercising yet. I'm still nursing my six month old daughter and the the thought of adding another thing to do in my day right now sounds overwhelming. However, I do have the 30 Day Shred DVD that I used to do a few years ago, and I LOVED that it was an intense workout that only took twenty minutes. And we all know we have twenty minutes to spare in our day, so I hope to get the motivation to start that up in the next couple of weeks.

So, my super great drop this week was definitely due to keeping my carb count as low as possible, and basically sticking to meat, eggs, and when I did have any veggies, it was usually just some leafy greens. It's working well for me!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #977
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hayek
Stats: 220/155/175
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 2/26/13 (Atkins-ish); 5/6/13 (Keto)
I'm not sure if this is the best thread to post this in, but I didn't feel like it deserved its own new thread, so please feel free to guide me to a better place to post.

But for those of you in induction, I had a few questions regarding your experience with ketosis.

I am doing a slightly modified version of my own induction of the Atkins 2002 book, and I'm only on Day 5, but on about Day 3, and to a larger degree on Day 4, I started feeling extremely energetic almost all day long (basically after an hour of being awake, I just feel like I have to go, go, go!), and I've also been an extremely better, and much more stable mood. (Back story: I tend to suffer from chronic relatively low-grade, but functional depression with a major episode here and there [dysthmia is the official diagnosis] and this mood is an elevation above that level)

I've tested myself with the ketone urine testing strips yesterday and this morning, both indicated that I was in ketosis and at the higher end of it (not the darkest color but the one right under it). Other than a slightly dry mouth (but not nearly as bad as I feel when I take something like an allergy pill), I am not experiencing any of the other typical symptoms that I've read about from other sources and on various posts in this forum. I drink well over 64 ounces of water a day (I've always been a big water drinker so this isn't a big deal), and normally I would chew gum during a dry mouth spell, but I'm avoiding it during this phase. I also have about 4-6ounces of mild regular coffee (remember modified induction) with nothing added in it except benefiber around 8am in the morning (it's more of a ritual I've been doing since at least November) so I don't imagine the energy spike is related to that. And while I wasn't normally lethargic, I wasn't ever this alert and borderline hyper with a mix of mental clarity (i.e. no major fog).

This is my experience so far, my questions generally are (1) will the energy levels start to level out or is this largely a permanent feature?; (2) will there be a dip in the mood or might that aspect stable out (and possibly mean some of my issues could have been related to diet)?; (3) any idea on the time frame for either (1) or (2) to occur?; (4) since I know everyone is different, what were some of your experiences early in an induction phase?

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #978
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
my questions generally are (1) will the energy levels start to level out or is this largely a permanent feature?; (2) will there be a dip in the mood or might that aspect stable out (and possibly mean some of my issues could have been related to diet)?; (3) any idea on the time frame for either (1) or (2) to occur?; (4) since I know everyone is different, what were some of your experiences early in an induction phase?
The "catecholamines" -- the major catecholamines in the human body are: epinephrine (also called adrenaline), norepinephrine (also called noradrenaline), and dopamine -- are typically regulated and limited by insulin release. (The release of the catecholamines can also inhibit the release of insulin, under certain circumstances.) When you eat or drink something that stimulates the release of insulin, your catecholamine production naturally slows or shuts down in response to the increase in your systemic level of insulin. While you are on a low-carb diet, however, your insulin release is consistently limited so your body can/will maintain a higher systemic level of circulating catecholamines.

The catecholamines are commonly called the "fight or flight" hormones. These hormones stimulate greater blood flow, a more rapid heartbeat, dilation of some blood vessels, bronchial dilation which results in clearer breathing, a higher level of oxygen in the bloodstream, and increased catecholamines even inhibit the "lacrimal gland" that controls salivation and tear production. People who are sensitive to the catecholamine "dopamine" may also experience elevated moods and a greater sense of satisfaction and reward -- cocaine and amphetamines, for example, stimulate dopamine release and some of the pleasure that users experience come as a result of increased dopamine activity.

Lower insulin levels allow your body to maintain a higher systemic level of catecholamines but, on its own, won't necessarily stimulate an increased release of catecholamines. Caffeine will stimulate catecholamine release. So drinking coffee would stimulate your adrenal system to release the catecholamines. If you use nicotine, in any form, nicotine will also stimulate catecholamine release. Many mood-altering prescription drugs also stimulate catecholamine release, especially increased levels of dopamine, and some prescription drugs inhibit re-uptake of the catecholamines and allow for an even greater systemic level of these hormones. In the past, over-the-counter allergy pills commonly contained either epinephrine or norepinephrine but, because these ingredients are used to manufacture methamphatemines, they are no longer typically used (although some non-prescription brands that are still made with either epinephrine or norepinephrine are kept behind the pharmacy counter and can be purchased in some states with proper ID).

The length of time that you will experience the physical effects of increased catecholamine levels depends on your individual system. Most bodybuilders take some type of adrenergic stimulant to increase their catecholamine levels -- caffeine, ephedra, synephrine, and yohimbine are the most common types -- but bodybuilders "cycle" these supplements (changing supplements every few weeks) because the stimulant effect on the adrenals typically slows down after a few weeks. BUT bodybuilders typically have an extremely low level of bodyfat, and low levels of bodyfat cause down-regulation of the sympathetic nervous system (SNS), and SNS down-regulation also down-regulates adrenal action. So a person with a normal to high level of bodyfat may not be as likely to experience this type of down-regulation of catecholamine release.

Also, if you have a history of mood-related issues that suggest sensitivity to dopamine, may indefinitely continue to experience the effects of increased dopamine levels.

Since you asked about personal experience, I have to say that I have not personally experienced any of these symptoms while on Atkins. But I don't have a history of any form of depression or chronically low energy levels. I have lived with many bodybuilders (including both of my brothers) and I have learned to spot exactly when they are on an ephedra-induced catecholamine increase. It doesn't look like nervousness, exactly, but I can *feel* the energy pouring out of them and it's difficult to describe but I can tell that they're breathing differently. The effects can be very dramatic.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #979
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for that explanation. It actually makes a ton of sense. I didn't know the nutritional aspects of those chemical interactions so I'm glad to learn that. I'm actually diagnosed with ADHD so most of the chemical compounds and information make sense (i.e. the dopamine).

I was prescribed amphetamines (adderall) for it long ago, but decided I didn't have enough negative consequences of the condition to justify taking such a stimulant on any regular basis. Though interestingly enough, I would smoke a cig or two before any exams to help elevate my concentration levels (basically for the reasons you listed - it was a short dosage of an ADHD med). However, I haven't smoked one in about a year (no more exams).

It'd actually be great if a long-term diet and way of eating would keep my level of focus at that type of level without medications. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #980
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Welcome Hayek. This diet has helped me in a number of ways. Yes, I have much better energy and mental focus. I am also sleeping a lot better. If you do a little searching around, you will find a lot of others also have felt remarkable health benefits. In other words, you are not imagining it, good things do come with this.

As far at the Ketone sticks go, the darker doesn't mean the better. It means you aren't drinking much water. Drink more. As long as you register on the stripes you are in Ketosis.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #981
Senior LCF Member

I drank over 92 ounces of water today so I can't imagine it necessarily means I'm not drinking enough water?

I keep a 32 ounce bottle with me constantly and drink from it throughout the day, and refill it at least 2 times a day, plus (using today as an example) various 12 ounce glasses of water throughout the day, and the 32 ounce bottle 3 times.

I have heard that as far as ketosis goes, I read it stated it's like being pregnant - you either are or you aren't, so the color doesn't really matter, which is fine as I'm just using the strips to help keep track of whether I'm in it or not (and not freaking out about where I am on the scale--just another monitoring tool).

I also read that the idea that the strip being too dark meaning you're dehydrated isn't necessarily accurate either (A Beginner's Guide to Low Carbing - Everything You Wanted To Know About Ketosis And Keytone Testing Strips). Though it's hard to keep track with slightly conflicting information out there and what sources are the most accurate.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #982
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Thank you for that explanation. It actually makes a ton of sense. I didn't know the nutritional aspects of those chemical interactions so I'm glad to learn that. I'm actually diagnosed with ADHD so most of the chemical compounds and information make sense (i.e. the dopamine).

I was prescribed amphetamines (adderall) for it long ago, but decided I didn't have enough negative consequences of the condition to justify taking such a stimulant on any regular basis. Though interestingly enough, I would smoke a cig or two before any exams to help elevate my concentration levels (basically for the reasons you listed - it was a short dosage of an ADHD med). However, I haven't smoked one in about a year (no more exams).

It'd actually be great if a long-term diet and way of eating would keep my level of focus at that type of level without medications. Thanks!
I'm glad the information is helpful! I am FASCINATED by the action of dopamine. It's work is actually quite complicated. For example, leptin is one of the hormones that regulates bodyfat levels in the human body but some studies suggest that leptin's ability to stimulate the dopamine receptors is part of the mechanism that the hormone leptin uses to regulate bodyfat.

Some bodybuilders use drugs that stimulate the D1 dopamine receptors to *trick* the body into thinking it has more bodyfat than it actually has -- because competitive bodybuilders have to typically be between 3-5% bodyfat for contests, their leptin levels are so low that they can't even be tested for leptin at that point. When their bodyfat falls below 8-10%, their bodies activate survival mechanisms to protect the remaining fat stores and these drugs, which are called "D1 agonists," behave in a way that causes the body to more readily release bodyfat and the metabolic systems that respond to these drugs are the same metabolic systems that respond to increases in leptin. It is truly fascinating!

Some people are more sensitive to the effects of dopamine than others. So I would be very interested to know how your symptoms progress and if your change in mood is a permanent condition that will continue for as long as you continue to eat at a very low carb level. I know some bodybuilders who are heavily influenced by increased dopamine, but they cycle their diets and supplements so the changes only last a few weeks.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #983
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Kids4me View Post
Still waiting for that big "whoosh" of water weight, I'm pretty confident it will come.
I'm still waiting for my big water-weight pound whoosh! I didn't have it during my first month -- maybe it'll *whoosh* out as my last 10 pounds... HaHa! Seriously, though, I'm sure that ship has sailed...
Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #984
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I've been flirting with coconut bark today, I have all the ingredients and I've read some really interesting recipes here, so I will have to find some time to make them. I'm kinda worried that going off of the simple induction foods will stall me or something, but if all ingredients are induction friendly, it can't exactly hurt, can it?
Except for the nuts, it's all induction foods, right? I've been eating nuts on Sundays since my second month and Big Stevie occasionally has nuts, so I don't think nuts will necessarily stall your progress -- unless you eat uncontrolled amounts of them. I've read that some people end up eating excessive amounts of nuts once they re-introduce them after induction. But if you're putting controlled amounts into a recipe, then you shouldn't have those problems. I would think...
Old 03-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #985
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Trillex I'm having the lil gal from work come over to load up all the food we can't have any more. She is 5 days from her due date and could really use the help a she was the only one in her house working. It's depressing in a way and freeing in another. I am a bit of a food horder, got it from my mom. My pantry is so loaded with food that i had to start using floor space to keep it all. Freezer is the same way so she'll be set for a few weeks.

Today is my off day so it might be hard for me today. I'm used to grazing all night long on all kinds of crap. So far not hungry but it's 2 1/2 hours to lunch.... drinkin a ton of water.
It is so kind of you -- and smart -- to give the food away! I'm a bulk food purchaser -- and I bake so I had 30 pounds of pastry flour in a barrel. My brothers came over and we threw out all of the non-Atkins food -- including my beloved barrel of flour! For some reason, it didn't even occur to me to give the stuff away. I mean, I donated the packaged food to the food pantry. And all of the opened packages of crackers and chips went to the squirrels -- I'm pretty sure the neighborhood squirrels all have metabolic syndrome this winter from eating the junk I threw out. Sadly, I'm sure someone I know could have used the frozen food and the baking supplies but I just didn't think of that until right now.

While we were throwing food out, my brothers kept telling me, "It's less of a waste in the garbage can than it is in your body. None of this stuff is helping you." I thought about it after they left my house, and it's true. Eating that food and staying unhealthy is far more of a waste of my time and my life than just throwing it all out.

I hope your day off went well and you stuck to your plan!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #986
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3

Well I have the pantry cleaned out, only plan approved food left now. Well except the open peanut butter. I saved it for the lil boys, they love peanut butter. Got half the refridge cleaned out. It took one overly full garbage bag that he had to carry out, it was just too heavy for me. So at least there is some room in there now it was packed clear full.

Had good reveiws today... he liked the spinach, bacon and cheddar frittata. He had salad for lunch. Dinner was rotisserie chicken with bbq seasoning and since he didn't like the fried zucchini, he made faces like a 3 year old when he had to try it, I sliced up a cucumber and put a touch of Itailian dressing on it. We had the chicken with a lil bit of chipolte ranch dressing from Whole Foods that only has 1 carb per serving. My lunch will be tuna salad with 3 cheese crisps.

Went to Whole Foods today, took him with me... need to stop doing that as he seems to be very expensive. Seems to be a nice store. We went for Coconut Flour which they were out of. Now mind you that was one of 3 things on the list and walked out of the store with 10 things... amazing how that works isn't it. Found the coconut flour at the store across the street but it's carb count is sort of high so we settled for Almond flour. I know it's not allowed but i have to have something his picky as all get out daughter will eat and i found a chicken finger recipe that looked good. It has just a small amound of the flour so we're gonna give it a try.

Gonna take measurements tomorrow so we have some guideline for his sucess. I think i mentioned we can't weight him he's too big for the scale. Plus it looks like it's a better indicator of your sucess.

I've seen some threads that talk alot about goal rewards so gonna do some thinking and see about setting some up for myself and have him figure some out as well. I know one... when i get to the end goal i'm going to Victoria's Secret!!!!!!

Hope everyone's day has been wonderful and that everyone is going in the right direction.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #987
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: straphe
Stats: 231/194.5/187
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 15 January 2013
Quote:
Except for the nuts, it's all induction foods, right? I've been eating nuts on Sundays since my second month and Big Stevie occasionally has nuts, so I don't think nuts will necessarily stall your progress -- unless you eat uncontrolled amounts of them. I've read that some people end up eating excessive amounts of nuts once they re-introduce them after induction. But if you're putting controlled amounts into a recipe, then you shouldn't have those problems. I would think...
I didn't have any nuts, so left that out yestarday when I was making bark. I kinda ****ed the recipe up a bit, but it still came out wonderfully. I can't believe that I can eat that and STILL lose pounds. But ever since I've begun eating coconut oil, my body releases its fat more readily, I've seen around 1 pound losses overnight, and I never had that apart from the first weeks' water loss phase. Quite interesting.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #988
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I didn't have any nuts, so left that out yestarday when I was making bark. I kinda ****ed the recipe up a bit, but it still came out wonderfully. I can't believe that I can eat that and STILL lose pounds. But ever since I've begun eating coconut oil, my body releases its fat more readily, I've seen around 1 pound losses overnight, and I never had that apart from the first weeks' water loss phase. Quite interesting.
You're almost 30 pounds down -- that is awesome! It seems like you're really getting into the swing of things.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #989
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
We went for Coconut Flour which they were out of.
I'm super Caribbean, so I stock unsweetened coconut flakes and pulse it in the food processor to make coconut flour. I leave it a bit more coarse for breading things like chicken or fish. But when I need something more fine, I will pulse it a bit longer. The ready-made coconut flour is more *floury*, but I like the texture of my homemade version on things like chicken wings or fish.

Just an idea for a less expensive alternative...
Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #990
Major LCF Poster!

thanks for the tip.. happen to know the carb count on that?
Closed Thread