Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #811
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Stick with it Ginger. It gets easier and easier as time goes by. It just becomes the way you eat.

If you haven't already, I would recommend that you go over to a tracker webside and put in your menu for a few days. It will show what your calories are and show you the percentage of fat, protein and carbs you are taking in. It will give you peace of mind that you are in the right ratios and in the right calorie range. Although we don't concentrate on the calories, it is nice to know them. Many people put their menus in daily, but I don't. I went there for a couple of weeks until I figured out what I needed to do and then haven't been back much. It sounds like that is the path you will take as well. When I get stuck, I go back and look at my menus for a few days to ensure I am in the right ratios.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #812
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GingerD
Stats: 186/130
Start Date: 01/14/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Stick with it Ginger. It gets easier and easier as time goes by. It just becomes the way you eat.

If you haven't already, I would recommend that you go over to a tracker webside and put in your menu for a few days. It will show what your calories are and show you the percentage of fat, protein and carbs you are taking in. It will give you peace of mind that you are in the right ratios and in the right calorie range. Although we don't concentrate on the calories, it is nice to know them. Many people put their menus in daily, but I don't. I went there for a couple of weeks until I figured out what I needed to do and then haven't been back much. It sounds like that is the path you will take as well. When I get stuck, I go back and look at my menus for a few days to ensure I am in the right ratios.
Thank you Steve. I joined a tracker site and started putting in my menus but after so much research I just know what I can eat and what I cannot. I'm really enjoying this way of eating. I know i just started but it's working for me. I actually believe I can eat like this forever. I know, easier said than done but I can't get over how wonderful it is to have the foods I completely love. When I have butter and cheese and steak and heavy whipping cream I feel like I'm cheating. All my life I've done low fat, low calorie. This is SO different for me. I LOVE it though. Love having this site to come too as well.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #813
Senior LCF Member

Finally back to feeling normal. I think my body is just changing. Anyway, eating well and doing the do!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #814
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Finally back to feeling normal. I think my body is just changing. Anyway, eating well and doing the do!
Yay, Big Stevie! I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better!

My trainer is back this week and I am feeling AMAZING!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #815
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonewithyou View Post
Okay Sounds like you're really on plan! Wish I could say I love cheese and meat and could live off it.

I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm not too hungry lately. When I eat it's like I'm never satisfied. I get full, just not happy. Maybe I'm in a rut. Weight loss is my only motivation at the moment. Which seems to be going well

It's only been over a week, and it takes a bit to get into all the stuff again, I see that. It will probably get easier.
I know what you mean! I genuinely enjoy meat and veggies. But when I gave up cheese for a few days, I just didn't want to eat anything at all because I realized that the deliciousness of cheese motivates me to *want* to eat. I love a good steak or shrimp, but it doesn't make me happy the way that cheese makes me happy. Some meat makes me happy, like prime rib or lobster or crab legs. But I can't afford to eat that stuff on a daily basis.

It's been about two weeks now, right? Will things be easier as you move up from induction and can add a wider variety?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #816
Junior LCF Member

Happy Friday all! I'm still here lurking around... just not posting because I haven't lost any more weight. Been researching and maybe it's just my body taking it's time. So, maybe in February I will drop like 30 lbs in one day!!! LOL. I wish. I'm still following the low carb diet. It's hard for me to wrap my brain around me eating fat instead of no fat but I'm doing. Eliminated all alcohol as well. I wasn't drinking that much anyway but I didn't want that one lite beer to be the reason for no weight loss. I'm going to stick with this though... Hopefully I'll have good news next time I post. Have a great low carb weekend my friends!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #817
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerD View Post
Happy Friday all! I'm still here lurking around... just not posting because I haven't lost any more weight. Been researching and maybe it's just my body taking it's time. So, maybe in February I will drop like 30 lbs in one day!!! LOL. I wish. I'm still following the low carb diet. It's hard for me to wrap my brain around me eating fat instead of no fat but I'm doing. Eliminated all alcohol as well. I wasn't drinking that much anyway but I didn't want that one lite beer to be the reason for no weight loss. I'm going to stick with this though... Hopefully I'll have good news next time I post. Have a great low carb weekend my friends!!
Happy weekend, Ginger!

I only weigh and measure once per month so I don't have any updates to report, either...
Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #818
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Trillex! I actually "feel" like I'm losing weight but it's just not showing on the scale. i don't think I could go an entire month without weighing myself. I like to know what the heck is going on. I've read a lot about water retention and such so maybe that's my problem. I'm drinking more water then ever....
Old 01-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #819
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
I know what you mean! I genuinely enjoy meat and veggies. But when I gave up cheese for a few days, I just didn't want to eat anything at all because I realized that the deliciousness of cheese motivates me to *want* to eat. I love a good steak or shrimp, but it doesn't make me happy the way that cheese makes me happy. Some meat makes me happy, like prime rib or lobster or crab legs. But I can't afford to eat that stuff on a daily basis.

It's been about two weeks now, right? Will things be easier as you move up from induction and can add a wider variety?
Yeah it Will be easier now that I can eat berries,nuts, nut flours and more cream. I want to avoid baking a lot of cakes and such though. I might make protein bars and such for a quick bite at school and work. Mush cheaper than buying Atkins ones. I ate two small Atkins ones in a day and I had dhiarrea for two days!? Meh...

Hole you are doing well. You should eat some cheese! If you feel deprived and depressed that's not good. This is supposed to be a lifestyle change and last the rest of your life. At least for many of us. Mayb not me..
Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #820
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Trillex! I actually "feel" like I'm losing weight but it's just not showing on the scale. i don't think I could go an entire month without weighing myself. I like to know what the heck is going on. I've read a lot about water retention and such so maybe that's my problem. I'm drinking more water then ever....
Just stick with it. My body did this as well. I have had several weeks were I didn't loose anything on the scale, followed by big loses. Get some clothes to test your progress. Find some pants that are just a little to tight now, and check them again in a week. You might be surprised even if the scale isn't cooperating with the new you.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #821
Senior LCF Member

Eating a 1 minute muffin and enjoying it. These things grow on you.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #822
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Annie75
WOE: Low carb
I'd like to jump in here! I got serious about my Type 2 diabetis in November of 2011 and lost 40pounds eating low carb during the next year. Took my A1C from a horrific 11.5 to 5.2 in just 3 months. Slowly though in the past 6 months,I started eating a bit worse. Not bad enough to hurt my diabetis, but not good either. Too much carb creep and crappy, processed food. Gained 8 pounds so this has to stop NOW!!!

I'll be doing what works well for me; trying to keep it below 25 carbs a day, but I will eat yogurt (Kroger CarbMaster-only 4 carbs!) and a few almonds along with salads and meat.

Looking forward to feeling more in control again and having some support to get back on track.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #823
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Annie. Yeah this is the right diet for diabetics. It has worked for you and it will again. I was pre diabetic and it has really helped me. I also had hypoglycemia really bad and it has all but gone away on this eating plan. The weight loss is great but the health benefits are also great and shouldn't be overlooked.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #824
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Japhy
Stats: 185/169/150-ish
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Jan. 2013, restart May 20, 2013
Alright, enough lurking for me (and plus, the site said I had to create an account if I wanted to keep visiting the message board)!

I've been doing Induction on and off since November, but things like travelling and the holidays got in the way. Things have calmed down now and right now I'm on Day 8 of my latest re-start.

Anyway, things are going pretty well so far. I've learned a few things about myself over the past week:

-I cannot consume any foods containing artificial sweeteners in moderation. I don't know why, but I just go sugar-crazy after that. On the plus side, I no longer have sugar cravings anyway, but if I have something "sweet", I just go nuts. So no Splenda for me!

-On that note, I find that I cannot give into cravings at all because it just makes me crave the food more. I think sticking to plan is really key for me.

-I need to learn to eat only when hungry, but I'm getting better at that. I think years of eating wheat products whilst having hypoglycemic tendencies got me into the habit of stuffing myself constantly for fear of having a low blood-sugar attack (I'm allergic to gluten too)

-I have these moments where I feel sort of hungry, but I'm not really sure if I actually am. Does anyone else experience this? Should I eat something, or wait for it to pass (it usually does, fairly quickly)?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #825
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Annie75
WOE: Low carb
Good first day for me although I didn't get in enough water.
Breakfast: Carbaster yogurt with chia gel and 1/2 ounce of almonds, a Premier Protein shake=total of 9 carbs
Lunch: green salad with cheese, sliced chicken breast and ranch dressing=total of 10 carbs
Dinner: crack slaw=total of 9 carbs
Plan to have another yogurt at 4 carbs.
Drank 48 oz of water, will have 24 more before bedtime.
NO hunger, feel more in control!
Good start!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #826
Junior LCF Member

Keep up the good work, Annie!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #827
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japhy View Post
-I cannot consume any foods containing artificial sweeteners in moderation. I don't know why, but I just go sugar-crazy after that. On the plus side, I no longer have sugar cravings anyway, but if I have something "sweet", I just go nuts. So no Splenda for me!

-I need to learn to eat only when hungry, but I'm getting better at that. I think years of eating wheat products whilst having hypoglycemic tendencies got me into the habit of stuffing myself constantly for fear of having a low blood-sugar attack (I'm allergic to gluten too)

-I have these moments where I feel sort of hungry, but I'm not really sure if I actually am. Does anyone else experience this? Should I eat something, or wait for it to pass (it usually does, fairly quickly)?

Welcome Japhy, glad you joined in. Splenda works for me but most other sweeteners don't. I would suggest trying a few different ones to see what will work for you. Stevia maybe.

I had hypoglycemia very bad before I started Atkins. It was what made me fat. I never let myself get hungry for fear of low blow sugar. This WOE has almost cured it 100%. I still have drops based on caffeine intake. I hope it will do the same for you.

Your hunger and eating patterns will change, just be patient. Until they do, just eat foods from the approved induction list and you will be fine.

-------

Annie what plan are you following? Yogurt and Almonds aren't on the list of Atkins Induction foods and your target is 20 grams or less of carbs. You need to eat more fat. Put your menu into an on line tracking program and find out what your ratios are.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #828
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie75 View Post
I'd like to jump in here! I got serious about my Type 2 diabetis in November of 2011 and lost 40pounds eating low carb during the next year. Took my A1C from a horrific 11.5 to 5.2 in just 3 months. Slowly though in the past 6 months,I started eating a bit worse. Not bad enough to hurt my diabetis, but not good either. Too much carb creep and crappy, processed food. Gained 8 pounds so this has to stop NOW!!!

I'll be doing what works well for me; trying to keep it below 25 carbs a day, but I will eat yogurt (Kroger CarbMaster-only 4 carbs!) and a few almonds along with salads and meat.

Looking forward to feeling more in control again and having some support to get back on track.
Hey, Annie! Welcome!

And congratulations on taking control of your diabetes, that's so difficult to do. I'm not diabetic, but I've read enough to know that irregular blood sugar patterns can really mess with your appetite and be a beast to deal with.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japhy View Post
Alright, enough lurking for me (and plus, the site said I had to create an account if I wanted to keep visiting the message board)!

I've been doing Induction on and off since November, but things like travelling and the holidays got in the way. Things have calmed down now and right now I'm on Day 8 of my latest re-start.

Anyway, things are going pretty well so far. I've learned a few things about myself over the past week:

-On that note, I find that I cannot give into cravings at all because it just makes me crave the food more. I think sticking to plan is really key for me.

Hello, Japhy! Welcome aboard!

I had horrible eating patterns before I started the diet -- HORRIBLE! I ate insanely huge portions -- a whole extra large pizza PLUS 14 chicken tenders with three dipping sauces PLUS a pint of premium ice cream or 4 baja beef chalupas PLUS 4 volcano burritos PLUS a pint of premium ice cream -- and I just ate until the food was gone even after I was completely stuffed and not even remotely hungry. So I had to learn what "hungry" meant. Basically, I had to learn that *feeling like eating* isn't the same thing as *hunger*. So now, when I feel like eating, I typically give it 20-30 minutes to see if I'm really hungry. If I feel like, "wow, I'm really hungry" in 30 minutes, then I eat. If I'm still feeling "okay, I could eat" in 30 minutes, then I'll give it a bit longer until I'm truly hungry.

I don't know if that will work for you, because I seriously didn't know what hunger was when I started the diet. I never got into the habit of eating when I was hungry.

So because I was such a "big eater" and I ate all of the time, regardless of hunger, I thought this diet -- any diet -- would be really difficult for me. But it really hasn't been difficult at all. I've learned what hunger is and I've learned to eat *reasonable* portions. One of my good friends is a trainer who's helping me with my diet and exercise program and, when I started the diet, he advised me to eat 5-6 small meals per day. That really worked for me because I realized that I was actually satisfied by small portions. I no longer eat multiple small meals -- sometimes I only eat 2 meals in a day, now -- but my meals are much smaller than they were before and I'm still completely satisfied because I've learned what it takes to satisfy my appetite.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #830
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, Stevie and Trillex!

Day 9 has been smooth sailing. I've started drinking some water or herbal tea every time I think I'm hungry and so far it's helped!

Stevie - Caffeine messes up my blood sugar a lot too, so I can relate! I'm not a coffee drinker (although I love the stuff) so luckily it's only an issue the odd time I have a cup. It's comforting to know that my eating patterns will change, and I can feel it happening already. So nice to see and feel some tangible results!

Trillex - I had sort of the same problem as you, but not quite as extreme. I just love, love, love food! I'd go crazy on occasion, but mostly I was just eating too much in general, and the wrong things. So I know what you mean about having to learn what real hunger feels like! I'm always thinking I should be eating "just because", when I'm really not hungry at all so I'm working on keep that in check.

Thanks again for the greetings. I look forward to hearing more about everyone's progress!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #831
Senior LCF Member

I have missed several meals since starting on Atkins in July. Before Atkins I couldn't go for more than 2 hours without eating. I always had protein bars and nuts with me at all times. It used to be really hard to get through a work day. I really didn't know what hungry was, I was strictly eating to maintain my blood sugar.

Now I wait until I am truly hungry to eat. My stomach growls and my head is still ok which is a huge change for me. I was talking to a family member who still suffers with hypoglycemia today. I told her that even if I didn't loose one ounce on this diet plan, the health benefits alone are worth it. And I truly mean it.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #832
Major LCF Poster!

Monthly Progress

Hiya! It's been a month since my last weigh/measure day and I've finally made some progress this month on my upper arms -- hooray! -- they had not budged in size since I started. It took 8.5 months to lose measurable size from my upper arms, which I find very strange. But c'est la vie!

Here are this month's numbers:

Monthly Weight History
11 May: 235 pounds
11 June: 225 pounds
11 July: 215 pounds
11 August: 206.5 pounds
11 September: 198 pounds
11 October: 196.5 pounds
31 October: 189 pounds
30 November: 186.5 pounds
29 December: 181.5 pounds
31 January (today): 172.5 pounds

Measured Size Loss From 11 May To Today
Ankles: Left -0.75", Right -0.75"
Calves: Left -2.50", Right -2.25"
Thighs: Left -3.50", Right -3.75"
Hips: -6.00"
Waist: -6.25"
Upper Arms: Left 1.50", Right 1.00"
Wrists: Left -0.50", Right -0.50"

I am including a current photo of my collarbones and shoulders -- please excuse the lack of make-up! -- because I think this area has had the most significant progress, to date.

Shoulders and collarbones, 31 January 2013, 172.5 pounds:

This month was kind of strange, because I ate a lot of low-carb *treats* during the week between Christmas and 2 January -- low carb desserts like sugar-free creme brulee and low-carb sugar-free mocha lattes. I don't eat foods like this every day, but I ate them every day during the "festive" season. Then, my trainer was on vacation for the first 3 weeks of January and I didn't feel that I was pushing myself hard enough on my weight-lifting workouts. So, this month hasn't been *normal* but I haven't eaten off-plan during the entire 8.5 months that I've been on Atkins, I stayed on-plan throughout the holidays, and I'm happy to see that I'm still making downward progress!

Yesterday, I was able to *fit* (by "fit", I mean "SQUEEZE" like a sausage) into my size 10 Levi's 515 jeans -- I couldn't pull those jeans over my hips two months ago. Also, I was able to tuck jeans into my boots and zip them up for the first time since college. These two things feel like significant milestones to me because I gained my excess fat during college, and I'm now back in the size range that I was in while I was a college student. It took me almost 7 years to gain these pounds, so I'm actually quite amazed that it has taken less than 9 months to lose more than half of the weight I've gained.

Since the holidays ended, I've been back to eating my *normal* Atkins diet of meat and veggies and cheese. I've eaten a lot less cheese since the holidays because I feel like I have a *weird* relationship with cheese, and I just haven't felt like having much cheese during the past few weeks.

I've enjoyed my meals, though. I've had a lot of seafood during the past several weeks and it seems to me like the more seafood I eat, the more I enjoy it. Fish is much lower in fat than the beef and lamb that I've typically eaten since starting Atkins -- so my fat-to-protein ratio has been off-kilter during the past several weeks, with more of my calories coming from protein than from fat -- but I'm not going to worry about the current nutrient ratio unless/until I reach the point where it seems to cause any health or stamina problems.

Cheers, Induction Babies! That's all of the progress that I have to report, for now.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #833
Junior LCF Member

Awesome Awesome Job Trillex!!! And I love your pic!!

Okay, I'm jumping for joy today. FINALLY!! My scale actually MOVED! I've been waiting and waiting 2 weeks and nothing and finally today. I feel like a new person and it's definitely given me that determination that I needed!!

So, since it took so long to lose these few pounds do you think it will keep going or do I get to wait another 2 weeks to lose anything?? - ugggg!

Regardless - I'm going int he right direction and I'm happy I did not give up!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #834
Senior LCF Member

Nice work Trillex. Keep I rolling. I have a sinus infection. Been in bed for two days. Hope it passes quickly. Still eating on plan, my stomach is doing fine. Life getting in the way again.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #835
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So, since it took so long to lose these few pounds do you think it will keep going or do I get to wait another 2 weeks to lose anything?? - ugggg!
I only weigh once per month, so I honestly have no idea what my daily scale-loss progress looks like.

Thus far, I've lost pounds every month since I started so I'm always pleased with my progress even during the months when I haven't lost many pounds -- like in September, when I only lost 1.5 pounds during that entire month. When you add all of my *small* monthly losses together, I've lost 62.5 pounds in 8.5 months. It took almost 7 YEARS for me to go from 125 pounds up to 235 pounds, so I've lost fat almost 9 times faster than I've gained fat. That progress seems to be a bit slower than most people on the forum, but I'm satisfied with my rate of loss because I know that it's the fastest fat loss rate that my body is capable of producing.

At the end of the day, I know that I'm giving 100% effort, every single minute, to my diet and exercise commitments -- I'm following the Atkins program to the letter, based on the instructions in the 2002 version of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution; and I'm weighing, measuring, and logging all of my food, and keeping track of exactly what I'm eating each day.

That's all I can do -- I can't do better than my absolute best. And my body won't lose pounds or inches faster than its absolute best because this is a diet, it's not a magic trick. Nothing is going to make my body lose fat faster than it's capable of losing. I would *love* to be one of those people who consistently loses a pound or a half pound every day, but my body clearly doesn't do that. And since this is the only body I have, I have to either keep doing my best and be patient with my rate of progress, or I can go back to doing what I was doing before and end up fatter than my current weight and unhealthier.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #836
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Nice work Trillex. Keep I rolling. I have a sinus infection. Been in bed for two days. Hope it passes quickly. Still eating on plan, my stomach is doing fine. Life getting in the way again.
Ugh! And you just got over your stomach bug. Take care of yourself!

I always always always get the flu in March -- it's been happening every year since I was a small child. I am praying it doesn't happen this year because I only have my trainer through May, and I can't afford to lose a couple of weeks of strong gym time by being down with the flu.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #837
Junior LCF Member

I'm pretty sure I'm finally in ketosis! I've never been in it before so it's way weird. SO hyper, SO thirsty and SO not hungry. I feel kinda high but this is just my body - no diet pills or anything. Strange feeling. Hope this is the beginning of a wonderful weight loss road.

Here is me:

If it works though... no problem!!! I'll take it!!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #838
Senior LCF Member

I finally got on the scale today for the first time in 6 weeks. I am now at 230. So I am 65 down from the start (roughly 6 months). I only lost 5 pounds over the past 6 weeks which is my lowest amount of loss on a weekly basis since I started. During the period we had the Holidays and I have been sick twice (still not well). So, going in the right direction, not a quickly as I would liked during this period but still moving the right direction. I introduced more nuts into my diet over this period and started drinking coffee. I think both will need to go. Another 35 pounds to go for me to hit goal.

Last edited by Big Stevie; 02-03-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #839
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: straphe
Stats: 231/194.5/187
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 15 January 2013
Hi guys!

Enough lurking for me, thought it's high time I joined in on the conversations and added my two pence. I started induction almost three weeks ago, and lost 13 lbs in first two weeks! I was very happy with that progress.

I had to go off plan a week ago tho, and that really messed up my progress. I gained 4 pounds back, and just managed to get rid of them, and my ketostix still say that I'm on the lowest level of ketosis, even though it was showing full-blown ketosis during the first two weeks. I'm a little bummed out by that, but at least now I know how long it takes for my body to recover after a pizza-induced bender...

I've been drinking a spiked-up version of the Atkins shakes quite regularly, adding Splenda and cocoa and some double cream, and was wondering what everyone thinks of it - does it stall weight loss? Also, I've been reading a lot about low-carb treats, like those muffin-in-a-minute things - are those allowed? I'd be over the moon if I could get my hands on one of 'em, but I don't want to stall my weight loss.

Great forum, tho, glad I found you guys.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #840
Junior LCF Member

I gotta say, Trillex, you're looking great!

I on the other hand, cheated! But it's okay because I'm back on track now and I don't think I did too much damage. On the plus side, the food I ate made me feel terrible so it was nice to have some reinforcement that this WOE is what I need to stick to.

I've also been getting lots of exercise shoveling the community skating rink because we just had a HUGE amount of snow fall. It's great because I'd been super unmotivated to exercise. (NOTE: It's funny how I'm so unmotivated to do things if it's me benefiting directly, but if someone else asks me to do something, I'm right there, ready and willing!)

I really need to focus and plan ahead to stay on plan the next two weeks. I'm part of the production team for a music festival and we will be doing 12-16 hour days and although we get fed and the food is always delicious, it's certainly not Induction-friendly! Eek! I'll pack some food (I'm staying in some dorms with a kitchen, yay!) but I know it's going to be hard not to..."intentionally not comply with the induction rules" ("cheating" is such a harsh word, haha!)
Closed Thread