Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #781
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerD View Post
Tough day with "life" but I'm still on board... yay for me
That's awesome, Ginger! Always keep that winning attitude! It sounds like you have good food options at the office, so as long as you have the right food at home then you should be all set.

I'm also not a big sweets person -- except ice cream, really -- and I've never actually had a craving. Until I started reading about physiology when I started this diet, I thought cravings weren't actually a tangible reaction and were just the psychological temptation people felt when they saw food that they liked to eat. But I've read a bit of information about it and some people get seriously hooked on sweets, to the point where their neurotransmitter hormones change levels in response to the stimuli of sugar or the lack of sugar. Thank God, I don't have that problem!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 03:56 AM   #782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
Hi babies. I've been sticking to it Weight showed 3 kg down in a week! (it's about 6 pounds).

I pulled 2 wisdom teeth yesterday, so it wasn't the best day yesterday. But today I feel much better. One had to be operated and one was just regular pull out. I only have to be careful not to eat hard things for a few days, and it might bleed some. I'm just glad it's over!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #783
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GingerD
Stats: 186/130
Start Date: 01/14/2013
I didn't mean to skip dinner but it happen. I hope that doesn't mess me up too much. I need to get something to eat now because my head is pounding due to hunger but have to wait till the mediation starts here in our office (I work for a lawyer). I'm thinking eggs and ham.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #784
Senior LCF Member

I haven't had dinner yet either :/ I don't know what to eat. I crave hamburger but darnit...... Can't have that!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #785
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonewithyou View Post
I haven't had dinner yet either :/ I don't know what to eat. I crave hamburger but darnit...... Can't have that!
I think I will have a hamburger tonight for dinner, with cheese and bacon. Of course - no bun. mmmmm Can't wait! Haven't weighed myself in a few days so I'll be doing that tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #786
Junior LCF Member

We ordered fajitas! Nothing better than Texas Mexican food!! Just going to have the chicken/beef, a little guacamole, sour cream and cheese. Hubby gets the rest! I just started Atkins so I'm praying it works. I can deal with this.. if it works. Ready to see some results!!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #787
Junior LCF Member

YAY! Lost weight! I didn't weigh myself too much this week because of TOTM but now that's over it's time to see more results!! Happy! Hopefully it will keep on going!! Happy Friday everyone!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #788
Senior LCF Member

Great, congrats I have my TOM and I weighed and had lost 3 kg (almost 6 lbs). Perhaps it's more tomorrow. Doubt it though

Where is everyone?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #789
Junior LCF Member

Guess I'll have to call it TOM - eventhough it's weird since it's my husband's name. LOL!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #790
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! I was worried for a minute there, I don't think I can do this without you.

Just kidding! I know you're here for the long haul...
Don't worry about me, I am here for life. This woe works for me and my body.

Man I have been soooo hungry this week. Nothing seems to be filling me up. I have been eating on plan but my calories are up for sure. I recently added coffee back into my life. I think the coffee is messing with my blood sugar and causing me to be hungry. I am cutting way back on the coffee and we will see how it goes.

Welcome Ginger. Do get a copy of the Atkins book if you don't have one. They have a lot of great info and are a good reference. Also, do a lot of reading on this website. Also, you can do this diet and still eat out. Just select the right foods. It takes a little while to figure out the best things at all of your favorite restaurants. Don't be afraid to ask questions and tell them to skip the things that don't fit into the eating plans.

Last edited by Big Stevie; 01-18-2013 at 03:52 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #791
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Don't worry about me, I am here for life. This woe works for me and my body.

Man I have been soooo hungry this week. Nothing seems to be filling me up. I have been eating on plan but my calories are up for sure. I recently added coffee back into my life. I think the coffee is messing with my blood sugar and causing me to be hungry. I am cutting way back on the coffee and we will see how it goes.

Welcome Ginger. Do get a copy of the Atkins book if you don't have one. They have a lot of great info and are a good reference. Also, do a lot of reading on this website. Also, you can do this diet and still eat out. Just select the right foods. It takes a little while to figure out the best things at all of your favorite restaurants. Don't be afraid to ask questions and tell them to skip the things that don't fit into the eating plans.
I am a research expert and I researched Atkins like no other. I'm doing good. I just want to see if it works for me. This is a way of eating I could do for the rest of my life. Without the research I really messed up with Lo Carb. I'm so happy to find this site and the support. Everybody is so different but I'm praying it works for me....
Old 01-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #792
Junior LCF Member

Good Morning LCF!!! So, I started Adkins on Monday, January 14th and I'm 4 pounds down!!! Happy Happy Joy Joy!!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning LCF!!! So, I started Adkins on Monday, January 14th and I'm 4 pounds down!!! Happy Happy Joy Joy!!
That's awesome, Ginger!

I hope you're keeping your measurements, as well as using the scale. I only weigh and measure once per month, so my updates are infrequent. Like you, I enjoy doing research. And it's really fascinating for me to see how strange the changes are sometimes. I measure both calves, both thighs, hips, waist, both upper arms and both wrists. Some months, on thigh will lose more size than the other. Some months, my hips have stayed the same size. Some months, my waist has stayed the same size. I never know what to expect. But looking back over each month's measurements, it's really cool to see how it all accumulates over time.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #794
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Man I have been soooo hungry this week. Nothing seems to be filling me up. I have been eating on plan but my calories are up for sure.
Hey, Big Stevie -

I ate many more calories than usual during the week between Christmas and 2 January. I only at on-plan foods, but I ate 2,800 calories on Christmas Day and between 2,000 - 2,300 calories every day from 26 December through 1 January. I'm not sweating it because I'm not "counting calories" but I think it's WEIRD.

I'd prepared a bunch of low-carb *treats* for that holiday week -- artificially-sweetened things that I don't eat on a day-to-day basis. On Christmas Day, I ate when I wasn't hungry. But on the other days when I ate more, I only ate when I was hungry but I seemed to be *hungrier* than usual until the treats ran out. I just sort of got back to *normal* on 2 January and ate my regular meals. It's like once I was back to meat and veg and cheese, I just naturally fell into being satisfied by fewer calories. It's so WEIRD!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #795
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Great, congrats I have my TOM and I weighed and had lost 3 kg (almost 6 lbs). Perhaps it's more tomorrow. Doubt it though

Where is everyone?
Hey, there! Is it easier to stay on plan now that the holidays are over? And how are you doing with eating (or not eating) sweet stuff?
Old 01-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #796
Junior LCF Member

I've been on so many diets in my life (like most everybody here). I've never been really huge but the yo yo weight loss probably has really screwed me up. With Atkins I decided I'm not going to obsess. My plan is just for me. Something I can do for the rest of my life. It's not for everybody but it will work for me. I do follow the Induction part but I'm not going to measure or do anything differently (other than low low carbs) to make anything where it doesn't fit my life. I'm enjoying this so much. I wish I knew about this earlier. I might not be eating quite enough but I eat when I'm hungry and don't eat when I'm not. I only eat allowed foods - which I like! Also, I know no alcohol is allowed on during Induction but I've been drinking a few Miller Lite's (3.2 carbs) and I'm losing weight.

I want to make this a way of living for the rest of my life and I know I can totally do this! I'm so happy and excited for my results and I'm soooooo happy that I can share my journey with everyone.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Still hungry today. I had a dream about food last night. I don't ever recall dreaming about food before. I am not sure what is going on, but I hope that it ends soon. I haven't really been hungry for the past 5 months so this is really unusual. I am thinking that my body must be changing. I lost another notch in my belt. So in the short term, I am giving up coffee and just gonna eat good food when I am hungry and not worry about it. I don't count calories either but I am aware of them.

Ginger just make sure you have the right food on hand both at home and at work. Things like pickles, cheese, pork rinds, pepperoni, and hard boilded eggs are good snacks on the go.

Make sure you are drinking lots of water. It is recommended that you drink 1 ounce of water for every two pounds of weight. So you should be drinking 93 ounces of water a day. It will help you feel full and help you to lose weight.

As far as alcohol goes, try to limit it. And when you do drink it try not to get drunk because you tend to make bad food decisions when you are drunk, or at least I do!

We all have our higher carb things that we want to hold onto. Well that is ok, just be careful with them and count them in you daily carbs. I won't give up bbq sauce. I don't do it much, but I like real bbq sauce. I have tried several low carb ones that I don't like. I finally found a regular one that is 8 carbs. I just really limit the rest of my carbs that day.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I've been on so many diets in my life (like most everybody here). I've never been really huge but the yo yo weight loss probably has really screwed me up. With Atkins I decided I'm not going to obsess. My plan is just for me. Something I can do for the rest of my life. It's not for everybody but it will work for me. I do follow the Induction part but I'm not going to measure or do anything differently (other than low low carbs) to make anything where it doesn't fit my life. I'm enjoying this so much. I wish I knew about this earlier. I might not be eating quite enough but I eat when I'm hungry and don't eat when I'm not. I only eat allowed foods - which I like! Also, I know no alcohol is allowed on during Induction but I've been drinking a few Miller Lite's (3.2 carbs) and I'm losing weight.

I want to make this a way of living for the rest of my life and I know I can totally do this! I'm so happy and excited for my results and I'm soooooo happy that I can share my journey with everyone.
It sounds like you've got your mind in the perfect place, Ginger. I don't have a history of dieting so I guess I'll figure what works best for me, long term, as I get more experience under my belt. This is the first time I've lived without eating exactly what I want when I want it and in the quantities that I want, so this diet *feels* like a project to me. I'm NOT thinking "Oh, I can't wait 'til this is over so that I can run out and eat carbs!" But I DO feel constant pressure from focusing on eating *perfectly* every day, so I am looking forward to reaching the point where I'm not *actively* dieting. Just so that I won't feel so much pressure every day. I honestly don't miss the food that I was eating, I miss the *feeling* of freedom.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #799
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Still hungry today. I had a dream about food last night. I don't ever recall dreaming about food before. I am not sure what is going on, but I hope that it ends soon. I haven't really been hungry for the past 5 months so this is really unusual. I am thinking that my body must be changing. I lost another notch in my belt. So in the short term, I am giving up coffee and just gonna eat good food when I am hungry and not worry about it. I don't count calories either but I am aware of them.
Thanks for the heads-up, Big Stevie. Coffee sounds like it has done a number on you. So I will continue to avoid it...

I only lost 1.5 pounds during my 5th month, so that was strange. But I wasn't extra hungry during that month and I felt "normal."

My trainer gets back from vacation on Monday -- thank God! I feel like my workouts have been pathetic while he was away, so this might be another 1.5 pound-loss month... Just kidding! Although, seriously, I am a bit concerned...
Old 01-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #800
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
It sounds like you've got your mind in the perfect place, Ginger. I don't have a history of dieting so I guess I'll figure what works best for me, long term, as I get more experience under my belt. This is the first time I've lived without eating exactly what I want when I want it and in the quantities that I want, so this diet *feels* like a project to me. I'm NOT thinking "Oh, I can't wait 'til this is over so that I can run out and eat carbs!" But I DO feel constant pressure from focusing on eating *perfectly* every day, so I am looking forward to reaching the point where I'm not *actively* dieting. Just so that I won't feel so much pressure every day. I honestly don't miss the food that I was eating, I miss the *feeling* of freedom.
It's amazing to me. Everything I love I get to eat. I'm such a egg, meat, cheese person. I can't believe I can eat these wonderful foods and still lose weight. Yes, gotta say I will miss potatoes! I love baked potatoes!!! And really any kind of potatoes. That will take some time to get used to. It's so easy though - I think of what I CAN have and the potatoes go out the window. I know I'm just a newbie with this but I really can live like this!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #801
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Ginger just make sure you have the right food on hand both at home and at work. Things like pickles, cheese, pork rinds, pepperoni, and hard boilded eggs are good snacks on the go.

Make sure you are drinking lots of water. It is recommended that you drink 1 ounce of water for every two pounds of weight. So you should be drinking 93 ounces of water a day. It will help you feel full and help you to lose weight.

As far as alcohol goes, try to limit it. And when you do drink it try not to get drunk because you tend to make bad food decisions when you are drunk, or at least I do!

We all have our higher carb things that we want to hold onto. Well that is ok, just be careful with them and count them in you daily carbs. I won't give up bbq sauce. I don't do it much, but I like real bbq sauce. I have tried several low carb ones that I don't like. I finally found a regular one that is 8 carbs. I just really limit the rest of my carbs that day.
Thanks Steve! I do! Eggs, cheese, pork rinds... I don't like sweets so don't care about that. I used to have rice or potatoes for sides and now I have cauliflower and broccoli for sides. Only a couple of lite beers are not that bad in my opinion. I want to keep my life as normal and simple as possible so I can stick on this. So far, I'm loving it. It's been only a week though so hopefully I'll keep my momentum! And, I a lot! God helps those who help themselves.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #802
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I only lost 1.5 pounds during my 5th month, so that was strange. But I wasn't extra hungry during that month and I felt "normal."
, so this might be another 1.5 pound-loss month... Just kidding! Although, seriously, I am a bit concerned...
I have stayed off the scale for awhile now. It is about time to drag it out again. But I can assure you there won't be any huge drops over the last month for me either. A little, I think based on my body, but nothing big. I think our body goes through phases and doesn't want to continue to loose at a rapid pace. So don't be so hard on your workouts. I am sure you are doing just fine.

Just think about how many holiday periods where you put on 10 pounds. I have had more than a few and compared to a 1.5 in the right direction, that is great news.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #803
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey, there! Is it easier to stay on plan now that the holidays are over? And how are you doing with eating (or not eating) sweet stuff?
Hey! yes it's much easier now. Still a bit hard though. Instead of eating, I've just skipped because I haven't had an idea of what to eat... I can't stand salads for breakfast alone. Eggs are OK some days, but don't fill me up. I have made some pancakes using eggs and sour cream though. They are yum and fill me for a long time. Also cream cheese + egg pancakes.

Thanks for asking how are you? Still doing induction? I can't wait until induction is over and I can eat almond meal, nuts, berries ++
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #804
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey! yes it's much easier now. Still a bit hard though. Instead of eating, I've just skipped because I haven't had an idea of what to eat... I can't stand salads for breakfast alone. Eggs are OK some days, but don't fill me up. I have made some pancakes using eggs and sour cream though. They are yum and fill me for a long time. Also cream cheese + egg pancakes.

Thanks for asking how are you? Still doing induction? I can't wait until induction is over and I can eat almond meal, nuts, berries ++
I make those pancakes, too! Except I use cream cheese and eggs. They make everything so much more convenient, in my opinion. I just wrap meat, veggies, and cheese in them and it makes breakfast so much easier to grab and go.

I'm still on induction because I'm a long long way from goal. But I genuinely don't mind it because, if left to my own preferences, I could just eat meat and cheese without missing other stuff.

I do use nuts on Sundays, though. I grind almonds, sunflower seeds, and unsweetened coconut flakes into a "breading" and use it to "bread" things like fish or chicken wings. There's a big football tournament going on right now, the African Cup of Nations, and then the UEFA Champions League starts again next month, so I'm feeding my guests who come over to watch games with me some higher-level Atkins foods. I use ground nuts to coat chicken wings and then deep fry the wings and put hot sauce on them before serving -- people love these wings! They seem to like them more than the kind with *real* bread on them. Unless it's a Sunday, though, I don't eat the wings with nuts on them. I just have plain wings with hot sauce. I guess I could serve "regular" wings, since I'm not really eating them. But I don't want to have off-plan food in my cupboards.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #805
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just think about how many holiday periods where you put on 10 pounds. I have had more than a few and compared to a 1.5 in the right direction, that is great news.
So true!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #806
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I make those pancakes, too! Except I use cream cheese and eggs. They make everything so much more convenient, in my opinion. I just wrap meat, veggies, and cheese in them and it makes breakfast so much easier to grab and go.

I'm still on induction because I'm a long long way from goal. But I genuinely don't mind it because, if left to my own preferences, I could just eat meat and cheese without missing other stuff.

I do use nuts on Sundays, though. I grind almonds, sunflower seeds, and unsweetened coconut flakes into a "breading" and use it to "bread" things like fish or chicken wings. There's a big football tournament going on right now, the African Cup of Nations, and then the UEFA Champions League starts again next month, so I'm feeding my guests who come over to watch games with me some higher-level Atkins foods. I use ground nuts to coat chicken wings and then deep fry the wings and put hot sauce on them before serving -- people love these wings! They seem to like them more than the kind with *real* bread on them. Unless it's a Sunday, though, I don't eat the wings with nuts on them. I just have plain wings with hot sauce. I guess I could serve "regular" wings, since I'm not really eating them. But I don't want to have off-plan food in my cupboards.
Okay Sounds like you're really on plan! Wish I could say I love cheese and meat and could live off it.

I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm not too hungry lately. When I eat it's like I'm never satisfied. I get full, just not happy. Maybe I'm in a rut. Weight loss is my only motivation at the moment. Which seems to be going well

It's only been over a week, and it takes a bit to get into all the stuff again, I see that. It will probably get easier.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #807
Junior LCF Member

Hubby and I ordered Jimmy John's today. I had the "Unwich". SOOOOOO good and all low carb!! Tonight I'm making boneless pork chops on my george foreman grill with bacon wrapped asparagus. I'm so loving my new way of eating!!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #808
Junior LCF Member

Hope everybody is well. Haven't lost another pound but I haven't gained another pound so that's good Last night's dinner was awesome. Today -

B - 2 eggs with 1 breakfast sausage (from the deli next to my office)
L - left over boneless pork chops with tomato sauce.
D - T-bones with mashed cauliflower.

for a snack I had a pickle.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #809
Senior LCF Member

Stick with it Ginger. It gets easier and easier as time goes by. It just becomes the way you eat.

If you haven't already, I would recommend that you go over to a tracker webside and put in your menu for a few days. It will show what your calories are and show you the percentage of fat, protein and carbs you are taking in. It will give you peace of mind that you are in the right ratios and in the right calorie range. Although we don't concentrate on the calories, it is nice to know them. Many people put their menus in daily, but I don't. I went there for a couple of weeks until I figured out what I needed to do and then haven't been back much. It sounds like that is the path you will take as well. When I get stuck, I go back and look at my menus for a few days to ensure I am in the right ratios.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #810
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Stick with it Ginger. It gets easier and easier as time goes by. It just becomes the way you eat.

If you haven't already, I would recommend that you go over to a tracker webside and put in your menu for a few days. It will show what your calories are and show you the percentage of fat, protein and carbs you are taking in. It will give you peace of mind that you are in the right ratios and in the right calorie range. Although we don't concentrate on the calories, it is nice to know them. Many people put their menus in daily, but I don't. I went there for a couple of weeks until I figured out what I needed to do and then haven't been back much. It sounds like that is the path you will take as well. When I get stuck, I go back and look at my menus for a few days to ensure I am in the right ratios.
Thank you Steve. I joined a tracker site and started putting in my menus but after so much research I just know what I can eat and what I cannot. I'm really enjoying this way of eating. I know i just started but it's working for me. I actually believe I can eat like this forever. I know, easier said than done but I can't get over how wonderful it is to have the foods I completely love. When I have butter and cheese and steak and heavy whipping cream I feel like I'm cheating. All my life I've done low fat, low calorie. This is SO different for me. I LOVE it though. Love having this site to come too as well.
Closed Thread