Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #571
Junior LCF Member
 
ShakeIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 13
Gallery: ShakeIt
Stats: 257/231/180
WOE: Atkins Induction Phase
Start Date: May 25, 2013
Neeeewbie!

Hi all! I am planning on starting Induction on Monday. This will be my second time attemping Atkins. The last time was 7 years ago, and I had lost over 40# in just over 2 months. Since then, I have gained it all back, plus about 50 pounds!

Time to try again and rock this baby!

Glad to be part of LCF.
ShakeIt is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #572
Senior LCF Member
 
Big Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 837
Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
ShakeIt you can do this. I have your same story. I was off for 7 years as well. I have been back since the end of July and am now down almost 50 pounds. Make sure you go shopping and have plenty of induction foods in your fridge. Eat as much as you want of them and don't go hungry. The first couple of days are tough but after that you will feel great.

You like me have discovered that we can't have carbs. Accept it and get back on the plan.
Big Stevie is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #573
Junior LCF Member
 
ShakeIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 13
Gallery: ShakeIt
Stats: 257/231/180
WOE: Atkins Induction Phase
Start Date: May 25, 2013
Thanks Stevie. I'm ready to go! Grocery lists all written up to go shopping over the weekend.

Congratulations on your weight loss! 50 pounds is amazing!!!! Glad you got back on the wagon, too.
ShakeIt is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #574
Senior LCF Member
 
Big Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 837
Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeIt View Post
Thanks Stevie. I'm ready to go! Grocery lists all written up to go shopping over the weekend.

Congratulations on your weight loss! 50 pounds is amazing!!!! Glad you got back on the wagon, too.
You can do it too. It is not that hard, but you do need to change your total way of eating and stick to it. Check out my post #536 on page 18 for food recommendations.

Check back here next week and we will help you through the first week.
Big Stevie is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #575
Junior LCF Member
 
ShakeIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 13
Gallery: ShakeIt
Stats: 257/231/180
WOE: Atkins Induction Phase
Start Date: May 25, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
You can do it too. It is not that hard, but you do need to change your total way of eating and stick to it. Check out my post #536 on page 18 for food recommendations.

Check back here next week and we will help you through the first week.
THANK YOOOOOU! I'll be in touch next week! EXCITED!!!
ShakeIt is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rockville, VA
Posts: 3,061
Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeIt View Post
THANK YOOOOOU! I'll be in touch next week! EXCITED!!!

Yes, keep posting and asking and reading here. You will get so much support. I have been ready to give up so many times but read here and everyone keeps me going. Now a size 6 from a size 18. And have a couple of size 4's. It is WORK and stinks so many times, but ask here and do it, and it works.
Tilly is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #577
Senior LCF Member
 
Big Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 837
Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Wow Tilly that is a pretty good drop in sizes. It is worth it. I was out with a couple people lasting hot who started the diet about a week after me. They are eating off plan on a weekly basis and have lost only a few pounds while I have lost 50. You just have to make the choice. Once you do, go for it and it works.
Big Stevie is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #578
Major LCF Poster!
 
Trillex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 1,202
Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
I was out with a couple people lasting hot who started the diet about a week after me. They are eating off plan on a weekly basis and have lost only a few pounds while I have lost 50. You just have to make the choice. Once you do, go for it and it works.
I totally feel you, Big Stevie! I didn't have quick results at the beginning, the way that most people do, but the diet has really paid off for me over time. When I was weighed and measured the other day -- to test the results of that strange corset experiment -- I was actually a bit surprised to realize that I've lost 46 pounds since I started. Does that make sense? I shouldn't be *surprised* because I've lost it so steadily, just a couple of pounds per month, but I was still surprised by the cumulative amount.
Trillex is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #579
Major LCF Poster!
 
Trillex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 1,202
Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
Now a size 6 from a size 18. And have a couple of size 4's.
That's PHENOMENAL, Tilly! You are living the dream, sister! Live the dream!
Trillex is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #580
Senior LCF Member
 
Big Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 837
Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
I was actually a bit surprised to realize that I've lost 46 pounds since I started. Does that make sense? I shouldn't be *surprised* because I've lost it so steadily, just a couple of pounds per month, but I was still surprised by the cumulative amount.
Yeah I think your approach is right. Not weighing in every day and getting frustrated. I have now had two different periods where I have gone almost two weeks at the same weight then to have 10 pounds down the following week.

I have been reading here that it takes three days for you body to go back into weight loss mode after eating lots of carbs. It is tough to lose weight when you keep setting yourself back like that. Just staying on the right path is the majority of the battle.
Big Stevie is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rockville, VA
Posts: 3,061
Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Just staying on the right path is the majority of the battle.

Yes, you are so right.
Tilly is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #582
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 84
Gallery: Miche124
Stats: 192.5/183/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: October 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
I have been reading here that it takes three days for you body to go back into weight loss mode after eating lots of carbs. It is tough to lose weight when you keep setting yourself back like that. Just staying on the right path is the majority of the battle.
I agree. I've only just completed my third week on Induction, but I certainly don't want to undo my progress toward a transformed metabolism. On Atkins' advice I tried adding an ounce of almonds to help with extended discomfort, but just that one change on one day moved me back to the lowest positive ketosis value.

You guys are so inspiring. Big cheers for your successes!
Miche124 is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rockville, VA
Posts: 3,061
Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miche124 View Post
I agree. I've only just completed my third week on Induction, but I certainly don't want to undo my progress toward a transformed metabolism. On Atkins' advice I tried adding an ounce of almonds to help with extended discomfort, but just that one change on one day moved me back to the lowest positive ketosis value.

You guys are so inspiring. Big cheers for your successes!
I have a small handfull of almonds right after my daily workouts (actually counted them when started and that equals a serving). That is enough to get me through to lunchtime, staves off the huge hunger when I walk through my door at about noon with groceries, gym bag, etc. so I don't shovel everything in site. You can purchase large bags of unsalted almonds from Costco at a pretty decent price.

Yes, Miche124, small changes help!
Tilly is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #584
Senior LCF Member
 
alonewithyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 650
Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
It's been almost seven days now. Feeling good, though eating hasn't been TOO good. I've stayed away from the bad stuff, but there might have been some hidden carbs somewhere. I haven't checked stuff too well. Haven't lost anything. But I feel better!
alonewithyou is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #585
Senior LCF Member
 
Big Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 837
Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonewithyou View Post
It's been almost seven days now. Feeling good, though eating hasn't been TOO good. I've stayed away from the bad stuff, but there might have been some hidden carbs somewhere. I haven't checked stuff too well. Haven't lost anything. But I feel better!
Stick to it the best you can and don't stress out. You will learn more as you go. You will find the hidden carbs and avoid them in the future.
Big Stevie is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #586
Junior LCF Member
 
ShakeIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 13
Gallery: ShakeIt
Stats: 257/231/180
WOE: Atkins Induction Phase
Start Date: May 25, 2013
Hi guys! I forgot to post at the beginning of the week. As I mentioned last week, I planned on starting up again this Monday, but I was too excited for it and ended up starting Sunday!

I have done better than expected so far with the weightloss and I'm really inspired and excited.

It is financially difficult sometimes! I have already blown through most of my groceries! I thought they'd last a lot longer than this.

Alonewithyou, keep truckin! You can definitely do this!
ShakeIt is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #587
Junior LCF Member
 
ShakeIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 13
Gallery: ShakeIt
Stats: 257/231/180
WOE: Atkins Induction Phase
Start Date: May 25, 2013
Oh, also.. could anybody help me navigate the page a little? It seems a bit archaic and I can't quite figure it out.

I wanted to make it so that my picture and stats show up next to my post, and also how do you create a signature with a weight tracker on it?

Any help is appreciated!
ShakeIt is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #588
Junior LCF Member
 
ShakeIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 13
Gallery: ShakeIt
Stats: 257/231/180
WOE: Atkins Induction Phase
Start Date: May 25, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeIt View Post
Oh, also.. could anybody help me navigate the page a little? It seems a bit archaic and I can't quite figure it out.

I wanted to make it so that my picture and stats show up next to my post, and also how do you create a signature with a weight tracker on it?

Any help is appreciated!
Nevermind- I used my brain and figured it out.
ShakeIt is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rockville, VA
Posts: 3,061
Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeIt View Post
Nevermind- I used my brain and figured it out.
Glad you figured out the ticker, never could get that one.
Tilly is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #590
Senior LCF Member
 
Big Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 837
Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeIt View Post
Hi guys! I forgot to post at the beginning of the week. As I mentioned last week, I planned on starting up again this Monday, but I was too excited for it and ended up starting Sunday!

I have done better than expected so far with the weightloss and I'm really inspired and excited.

It is financially difficult sometimes! I have already blown through most of my groceries! I thought they'd last a lot longer than this.

Alonewithyou, keep truckin! You can definitely do this!
Glad you started. Glad you got your picture and stat stuff figured out as well.

It can cost a little more in grocery money to get this diet going. Especially in the first couple of weeks. But if you compare it to eating out, it is still a lot cheaper. Vegetables are fairly inexpensive. Eggs and chicken are as well. I don't eat a lot of bacon because it is expensive. The Bacon is more expensive per pound the steak is usually in the stores around here.

Go to the stores and figure out a low cost version of the diet. Once you get into it, you will see the possibilities of things to eat. Got to the "Food Porn" thread. There are a lot of ideas on stuff to cook. Choose the ones that are lower in cost. I have also discovered a store that sells produce and certain meat items at a cost that is half of my main grocery store. I have to drive about 15 miles furthers, but I save a lot. Go to places like Costco or Walmart and buy bigger portions as a lower cost.

Cook bigger meat portions and save them to eat over the next couple of days. That way you never run out of low carb food to eat.
Big Stevie is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #591
Senior LCF Member
 
Big Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 837
Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
I have officially hit the 50 pound lost mark. Thanks guys for supporting me over the past few months. It has been a fairly painless journey taken one day at a time. I got here fast because I have never gone off plan. You guys can all do it as well. This approach really works. On to the final 50 now!

Last edited by Big Stevie; 11-08-2012 at 05:19 PM..
Big Stevie is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #592
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 84
Gallery: Miche124
Stats: 192.5/183/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: October 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
I have officially hit the 50 pound lost mark. Thanks guys for supporting me over the past few months. It has been a fairly painless journey taken one day at a time. I got here fast because I have never gone off plan. You guys can all do it as well. This approach really works. On to the final 50 now!
Wonderful news! Good work, Stevie.
Miche124 is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #593
Senior LCF Member
 
Big Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 837
Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Still eating on plan, were is everyone. I hope you all are having a good weekend. Weekends tend to be tough.
Big Stevie is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #594
Major LCF Poster!
 
Doodle_in_MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North Shore MA
Posts: 2,668
Gallery: Doodle_in_MA
Stats: 153/140/130
Hi!

Hi there!

My name is Carrie. I used to post on Low Carb friends all the time years ago. A couple years ago my husband and I did P90X together. We got great results and loved it so much that we became Beachbody coaches. We coach people through the different programs and have a free fit club one night a week at a local church.

So...working out has become a habit and something I really love. It is eating that is hard for me. The way my husband eats works well for him. He can eat close to 3000 calories a day to maintain his current healthy weight, because of the workouts and the muscle he has gained. He also can eat a piece of pie with dinner at a weekend "splurge meal" and then get right back on track. I can't do that. Carbs make me tired and foggy and sweets are like a drug to me.

Last weekend I came here and I have slowly read this while thread in my free time I am sad to see some of the original posters are no longer here! I started induction a week ago today and have lost 6 pounds. I'm currently at 145, but feel most comfortable between 130 and 135. I need to get back to eating this way as my cravings are completely gone and I love that!!

So...I have been feeling like a fraud helping other people with workout and nutrition when I am not eating right myself. So far I feel great!

You have no idea how much reading your posts have helped! Hope I can join in and we can keep this going!!

Carrie
__________________
_____________________________
Carrie

The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.

If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise.
Doodle_in_MA is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 84
Gallery: Miche124
Stats: 192.5/183/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: October 13, 2012
I'm a month in now, and have lost 6 pounds. This is a lot compared to my usually very slow weightloss on other plans, and I seem to be steadily losing at a pound a week. I'm starting to feel well enough to get back to exercise, and am looking forward to those results too.

Yesterday I went to a movie and splurged on a Diet Coke and an ounce of roasted almonds. It really did feel like a splurge, and didn't harm my progress. A pathetic splurge, but I need to feel rewarded sometimes.
Miche124 is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #596
Major LCF Poster!
 
Trillex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 1,202
Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
I have officially hit the 50 pound lost mark. Thanks guys for supporting me over the past few months. It has been a fairly painless journey taken one day at a time. I got here fast because I have never gone off plan. You guys can all do it as well. This approach really works. On to the final 50 now!
Congratulations, Big Stevie! You make this look soooo easy. HaHa!
Trillex is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #597
Major LCF Poster!
 
Trillex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 1,202
Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle_in_MA View Post
Hi there!

My name is Carrie. I used to post on Low Carb friends all the time years ago. A couple years ago my husband and I did P90X together. We got great results and loved it so much that we became Beachbody coaches. We coach people through the different programs and have a free fit club one night a week at a local church.

So...working out has become a habit and something I really love. It is eating that is hard for me. The way my husband eats works well for him. He can eat close to 3000 calories a day to maintain his current healthy weight, because of the workouts and the muscle he has gained. He also can eat a piece of pie with dinner at a weekend "splurge meal" and then get right back on track. I can't do that. Carbs make me tired and foggy and sweets are like a drug to me.

Last weekend I came here and I have slowly read this while thread in my free time I am sad to see some of the original posters are no longer here! I started induction a week ago today and have lost 6 pounds. I'm currently at 145, but feel most comfortable between 130 and 135. I need to get back to eating this way as my cravings are completely gone and I love that!!

So...I have been feeling like a fraud helping other people with workout and nutrition when I am not eating right myself. So far I feel great!

You have no idea how much reading your posts have helped! Hope I can join in and we can keep this going!!

Carrie
Hi, Carrie!

I miss the original posters, too! I signed up to join this forum because I adored the people who posted on this thread. They are just the nicest, sweetest, most genuine people. I would love to know how they're currently doing with everything, not just dieting. I hope some of them will eventually come back and find this thread again!

Personally, I don't think you should feel like a fraud. I think you should be proud of yourself for reaching out and helping other people! Our inner lives are always a struggle, that's just the way that humans are built. It's *easier* to make the right call when objectively looking out at someone else's situation than it is to make the right call when dealing with our own subjective desires and emotions. And making good diet choices is even more difficult because biology makes us want things that sometimes aren't helpful.

Congrats to you and your husband on the amazing, positive changes you've made! Cheers!
Trillex is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #598
Senior LCF Member
 
Big Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 837
Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
Congratulations, Big Stevie! You make this look soooo easy. HaHa!
What do you mean, your right there with me. It is a great plan and we have great support here.
Big Stevie is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #599
Junior LCF Member
 
lizzyanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7
Gallery: lizzyanne
I will be starting on monday!! Was going to start tomorrow but figured i should get a meal plan going and such ! might help me a little ... :/ lol
lizzyanne is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #600
Senior LCF Member
 
Big Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 837
Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Welcome Lizzyanne. You can do this. That is a great idea to get a plan and do some shopping. Especially in the beginning, you don't want to have to think about what to eat next. Make sure you have lots of stuff to choose from. Stick with plan foods and eat as much as you want. Don't let yourself get hungry. Plan your snack foods and have plenty of them with you.

Hard boil a bunch of eggs so you can grab one and eat it on the go. Get some pepperoni and cheese that you can eat at any time and travels well. Pickles and olives are also great snacks.

Make sure you drink lots of water. Water is very important, especially in the beginning. Drink 1 ounce for every 2 pounds of body weight up to 128 ounces a day. So If you weigh 200, drink 100 ounces of water.

Have fun and stick to the plan, you will surely loose the weight.
Big Stevie is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.