Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cstyles
Stats: 297/293/150
WOE: Atkins, the "old" one
Start Date: 07/15/12
today's menu"

breakfast: coffee with cream
cheese sticks, 3
lunch: meatloaf
green beans
supper: sauteed beef

diet cherry limeade from Sonic
diet Coke, snack at work

13 carbs

Cathy

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neezie
Stats: 238.2/getting smaller!/130
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: July 2012
Good menu, Cathy. Looks good.

For me:

B- one flax muffin, two eggs scrambled in coconut oil, coffee
L-chef salad
D-prime rib and crab legs. (Hubby took me to fancy restaurant!)
S-lowcarb cheesecake with whipped cream
Old 07-19-2012, 05:27 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laura_
Stats: 268.6/259.7/175
WOE: Low Carb (<20g)
Start Date: 7/2/2012
Thank you for the compliment on my picture; if only I actually still looked like that! haha. I've lost a good chunk over the two week induction period, but I've decided to stick with induction a bit longer. I have enough to lose that I don't see the harm.

I do have a dieting blog, if anyone is interested in following: Tight Jeans and Pipe Dreams

Today's menu (I think) will be:

B: Two scrambled eggs, 3 slices bacon
L: Tuna lettuce wraps (tuna, mayo, cheese, bacon bits and lettuce)
D: Steak and a side salad
S: If necessary, throughout the day, pepperoni or almonds

Laura
Highest Weight: 283
First Goal: Pre-pregnancy weight (240ish)

Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Laura, Well you'll be back looking like that pic and better soon! Saw your blog. It looks great!! Love the "horse pills" LOL. Your menu looks good. I am trying to figure out about nuts. Some people seem to do them on induction and some don't. I really love peanuts but I was trying to avoid them induction. What do you all think? Also, what about flax? Cream cheese?

I am so psyched I am able to go longer and longer without eating (Before I started Atkins, I literally had to eat every two hours because of hypoglycemia. What a drag to have to think about food all the time). Today, I went over five hours without eating and felt fine! Whoohoo.

So far...
B-Flax muffin and two eggs scrambled in butter, decaf with cream
L- ham and cheese rollup with mayo, mustard and two pickle spears
Old 07-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezie View Post
Good menu, Cathy. Looks good.

For me:

B- one flax muffin, two eggs scrambled in coconut oil, coffee
L-chef salad
D-prime rib and crab legs. (Hubby took me to fancy restaurant!)
S-lowcarb cheesecake with whipped cream
Thanks, Neezie! I will have to try your dinner menu soon - sounds delicious!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Today's menu

breakfast 2 mozzarella cheese sticks
coffee with cream

lunch diet coke
leftover meatloaf
small salad, no dressing

supper "real" salad with lettuce, mushrooms, a few plum
tomatoes, and blue cheese dressing
fried queso
2 fried eggs

I love that I can eat things that for the last 50 years, I have felt guilty about!

18 carbs
Old 07-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amandaetr
I fell off the wagon a little bit after giving blood. I had to lay down for about 15 min afterwards with my eyes closed because I was so close to passing out. I had to eat a couple granola bars and some apple juice so I didn't throw up, and I'm just now (2 days later!!) starting to feel normal again. That was my first time ever giving blood, and I'm not sure I will be doing again any time soon. Apparently my low blood sugar does not go well with giving blood. I'm back on the wagon today though!!!

This morning I woke up late and just had coffee with heavy cream and 1 packet splenda. I ate some rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for lunch. I'm not sure what dinner will be yet, but I'm going to put the babies down for a nap and get on the dreaded treadmill
Old 07-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jillieb
Stats: 170.5/168/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7.11.12
Well today was pretty good eating. I did my treadmill walk tonight too.

B-3 eggs, with half a piece of ham fried with butter.
S-3 almonds ( i know no nuts, but I caved)
L-Wendy's burger bacon, lettuce, tomato no bun
S-1 slice of deli turkey
D-Burger pattie, mozza cheese, mustard, mayo, lettuce, and some brocoli with butter as a side
S-1 slice of deli turkey.

lots of water and a crystal light.

I finally don't feel hungry all the time. except after I go for my treadmill work out, I do get a little hungry after that.

Sounds like your all doing well
Old 07-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LovingLosingIt
Stats: 226/209/160
WOE: Atkins/LC
Start Date: 6/18/12
Hi everyone...can I join in?

I've been doing LC my own way for a little over a month, but I've only really seriously begun Induction. Today is the first day my Ketostix dark purple (between the last two color options), and the only other time I've been that excited about peeing on a stick were pregnancy tests! My husband and I started this journey after I read Dana Carpender's book, "How I Gave Up My Low Fat Diet and Lost 40 Pounds." I couldn't believe that I'd been so dumb in the past about LC--I thought it was the most unhealthy thing I'd ever heard of, and that there was NO way you'd be able to keep the weight off.

Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. I lost over 10 lbs. the first three weeks, and I'm still losing. I've officially declared Mondays as weigh in days because I was driving myself insane with the scale. My clothes are getting baggy, I feel great, and I'm just thrilled to have found these boards and so many amazing people on the same journey as me! I mean, it's AWESOME to have my hubby on board (it's the first time we've ever really committed to a diet together, and for all the right reasons), but there's such a plethora of information and tips here. I love seeing the food everyone is eating, and like someone else said: I can't believe I'm on a "diet" and eating this way! (I know it's NOT a "diet," it's a WOE and a WOL, but it's still crazy to me that I get to have bacon and cheese and avocadoes and eggs and REAL mayo, ranch, etc.! When my husband did Atkins before (about 10 years ago), it seemed like all he ate was meat, eggs, and cheese, and I knew I couldn't handle that. So I was thrilled to find out about all the great veggies I could have--I love to cook for my family of 4! (Even though my picky 4 year old won't eat half of what I make, it still makes me feel good to provide them with healthy options.) I cringe every time I see them eating something sugar/carb laden, because I know it's so bad for them. On one hand, I feel like they're kids, and that they shouldn't have to eat differently than everyone around them, but on the other I feel like a bad mother because I think I'm setting them up for obesity later in life.

It's not so hard with my daughter--she'll be 7 in October--because she actually *likes* the vast majority of the food I cook. She had her first OMM for breakfast this morning (she couldn't finish it!) and she'll be eating the same dinner my husband and I do. My son is just so darn picky--and carb addicted. I figure his tastes will change in time, and that all I can do right now is offer him plenty of yummy low carb options to try to dissuade him from all the pizza, pasta, ice cream, candy and junk food he wants to eat. I feel like I'm learning the tools that I need to really better ALL of our lives, and I'm more than happy to share the knowledge (and so excited to learn more)!

So that's my story. You guys have been including your menus for the day, so I'll do that too, especially since I'm really in deep ketosis today--apparently I did something right! (I KNOW what I did right--I ate breakfast instead of just having coffee/diet soda, which put me on the right track. No more skipping breakfast, regardless of how "not hungry" I am in the morning!

7/20/12
B: Bacon Cheeseburger (bunless)
L: Bacon Cheeseburger (with OMM and mayo) (I had to eat up leftovers from last night--no more burgers for awhile, lol!)
S: 5 pepperoni and 5 small cubes of Mozzerella cheese
D: Shrimp, Broccoli, and Mushroom stir fry (or maybe roasted) with a little parmesan
S: a couple of Skinnygirl Margaritas--they're very low carb, and it's Friday night!

Oh, and as a side note, I'm not sure yet whether the flax muffins will stall me or not. I had one last night and one today, and it didn't seem to affect my ketosis (in fact the strip was darker a few hours after I ate the muffin), but I know it's different for everyone. I'm grateful for the amount of fiber in them, and I like that I get my CO in them because I can't handle it in coffee.

I was eating nuts and seeds until yesterday, when I decided it may be time to cut them out for a bit to see if they're why I haven't lost more weight. I tend to go a little overboard with them, and all the added sodium of sunflower seeds is NOT good for me. I do try to drink between 100-120 ounces of water a day, so that helps with the flax.

Hope you guys are accepting "New Members," and again, it's so great to have people to talk to! (I sound like a broken record.)
Old 07-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Hello, LovingLosingit! Always glad to have new newbies with us!
Your story is awesome and your menu looks really good, too. I have been having the flax muffins as well, and they have not taken me out of ketosis at all(at least according to my ketosticks). They have really been a lifesaver as far as staying regular.

Jillieb, I hear you about the nuts. My trigger food is peanuts, so I have to force myself not to eat them on induction but I just love them...

Amanda, Whoa! So sorry you had to go through that. I actually started Atkins because I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia from adrenal fatigue. (Plus I have a lot of weight to lose). Having low blood sugar is the scariest feeling. I feel for you! But, I have to say, in just three weeks, my blood sugars have normalized and I can go five hours without eating now! So, this WOE is such a Godsend. You are back on track now! I actually sometimes weirdly feel grateful that I have hypo because it makes me scared of foods like pastas, breads, and sugars!! That never happened before! LOL.

Cathy, I hear you about finally being able to eat delicious food without the guilt! Right? Like, cheeseburgers? What??? So much fun to not feel like I'm on a diet! Yes, you must have a prime rib and crab legs some night. It's so much fun to "indulge" and still be on plan.

Today, I had the BEST and I mean the BEST dinner. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It's Linda's low carb chile relleno casserole. If you google it, you will find it. It's sooo easy to make and tastes like heaven on earth! Linda's recipes are all so wonderful. Last night I had her low carb pork fried "rice" and it really did taste like pork fried rice! And her deep dish pizza is absolutely delicious and these are all induction friendly recipes!

My appetite is not huge, which is awesome. But when I eat peanuts, that's a different story.

B. flax muffin and two fried eggs
L-ham and cheese rollup with mayo, mustard and pickles
D-Linda's Low carb chile relleno casserole.
s-peanuts (darn you!) (walk away from the peanuts).

I have been fearing the scale and it's been a week since I weighed, but I am going to face that bad boy soon...

Last edited by Neezie; 07-20-2012 at 10:10 PM..
Old 07-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandaetr View Post
I fell off the wagon a little bit after giving blood. I had to lay down for about 15 min afterwards with my eyes closed because I was so close to passing out. I had to eat a couple granola bars and some apple juice so I didn't throw up, and I'm just now (2 days later!!) starting to feel normal again. That was my first time ever giving blood, and I'm not sure I will be doing again any time soon. Apparently my low blood sugar does not go well with giving blood. I'm back on the wagon today though!!!

This morning I woke up late and just had coffee with heavy cream and 1 packet splenda. I ate some rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for lunch. I'm not sure what dinner will be yet, but I'm going to put the babies down for a nap and get on the dreaded treadmill
thanks for giving blood! someone who did saved my life when I was in a car wreck a few years ago. if you can't give again, you have still made a huge impact on someone's life!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:14 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

What are flax muffins? Thanks for the info, Neezie. I realize that I will have to prepare some appealing foods over the weekend to eat during the week. I had begun to just graxe since my family is no longer at home. I think I will manage the "long haul" by staying at or near induction levels for a while, and by having meals I actually look forward to. So, I will look up the chili releno recipe and try it out. I have now lost 5 pounds in 6 days - nice way to start!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLosingIt View Post
Hi everyone...can I join in?

I've been doing LC my own way for a little over a month, but I've only really seriously begun Induction. Today is the first day my Ketostix dark purple (between the last two color options), and the only other time I've been that excited about peeing on a stick were pregnancy tests! My husband and I started this journey after I read Dana Carpender's book, "How I Gave Up My Low Fat Diet and Lost 40 Pounds." I couldn't believe that I'd been so dumb in the past about LC--I thought it was the most unhealthy thing I'd ever heard of, and that there was NO way you'd be able to keep the weight off.

Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. I lost over 10 lbs. the first three weeks, and I'm still losing. I've officially declared Mondays as weigh in days because I was driving myself insane with the scale. My clothes are getting baggy, I feel great, and I'm just thrilled to have found these boards and so many amazing people on the same journey as me! I mean, it's AWESOME to have my hubby on board (it's the first time we've ever really committed to a diet together, and for all the right reasons), but there's such a plethora of information and tips here. I love seeing the food everyone is eating, and like someone else said: I can't believe I'm on a "diet" and eating this way! (I know it's NOT a "diet," it's a WOE and a WOL, but it's still crazy to me that I get to have bacon and cheese and avocadoes and eggs and REAL mayo, ranch, etc.! When my husband did Atkins before (about 10 years ago), it seemed like all he ate was meat, eggs, and cheese, and I knew I couldn't handle that. So I was thrilled to find out about all the great veggies I could have--I love to cook for my family of 4! (Even though my picky 4 year old won't eat half of what I make, it still makes me feel good to provide them with healthy options.) I cringe every time I see them eating something sugar/carb laden, because I know it's so bad for them. On one hand, I feel like they're kids, and that they shouldn't have to eat differently than everyone around them, but on the other I feel like a bad mother because I think I'm setting them up for obesity later in life.

It's not so hard with my daughter--she'll be 7 in October--because she actually *likes* the vast majority of the food I cook. She had her first OMM for breakfast this morning (she couldn't finish it!) and she'll be eating the same dinner my husband and I do. My son is just so darn picky--and carb addicted. I figure his tastes will change in time, and that all I can do right now is offer him plenty of yummy low carb options to try to dissuade him from all the pizza, pasta, ice cream, candy and junk food he wants to eat. I feel like I'm learning the tools that I need to really better ALL of our lives, and I'm more than happy to share the knowledge (and so excited to learn more)!

So that's my story. You guys have been including your menus for the day, so I'll do that too, especially since I'm really in deep ketosis today--apparently I did something right! (I KNOW what I did right--I ate breakfast instead of just having coffee/diet soda, which put me on the right track. No more skipping breakfast, regardless of how "not hungry" I am in the morning!

7/20/12
B: Bacon Cheeseburger (bunless)
L: Bacon Cheeseburger (with OMM and mayo) (I had to eat up leftovers from last night--no more burgers for awhile, lol!)
S: 5 pepperoni and 5 small cubes of Mozzerella cheese
D: Shrimp, Broccoli, and Mushroom stir fry (or maybe roasted) with a little parmesan
S: a couple of Skinnygirl Margaritas--they're very low carb, and it's Friday night!

Oh, and as a side note, I'm not sure yet whether the flax muffins will stall me or not. I had one last night and one today, and it didn't seem to affect my ketosis (in fact the strip was darker a few hours after I ate the muffin), but I know it's different for everyone. I'm grateful for the amount of fiber in them, and I like that I get my CO in them because I can't handle it in coffee.

I was eating nuts and seeds until yesterday, when I decided it may be time to cut them out for a bit to see if they're why I haven't lost more weight. I tend to go a little overboard with them, and all the added sodium of sunflower seeds is NOT good for me. I do try to drink between 100-120 ounces of water a day, so that helps with the flax.

Hope you guys are accepting "New Members," and again, it's so great to have people to talk to! (I sound like a broken record.)
Welcome!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

First off, thank you for the warm welcomes, everyone! I ended up having a few Skinnygirl Margaritas again today at a birthday party--at least I didn't have any of the REGULAR margaritas, chips, buns, sodas or cake! Plus I got some exercise in--there was a huge waterslide, and I climbed my big butt up there and had a blast!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyles View Post
What are flax muffins? Thanks for the info, Neezie. I realize that I will have to prepare some appealing foods over the weekend to eat during the week. I had begun to just graxe since my family is no longer at home. I think I will manage the "long haul" by staying at or near induction levels for a while, and by having meals I actually look forward to. So, I will look up the chili releno recipe and try it out. I have now lost 5 pounds in 6 days - nice way to start!
Hi there! If you do a search for "One Minute Muffins," you'll find a ton of different recipes. The one I use is:

1 tsp. CO (nuked until liquid--about 15 sec.) (You can also use butter or other oils, I think, but to me CO is the best)
1 egg (beat in with CO)

Then add:

1/4 cup ground flax meal
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 packet Splenda (omit if you're making savory muffins)

Mix until well blended, then microwave for 1 min to 1 min 20 seconds, depending on your microwave.

I bought little ramekins at Target that are the perfect size--when split, they fit a bacon cheeseburger or a sandwich, or you can split them in half, add a little butter and SF syrup and almost feel like you're having pancakes. I've also taken to adding either Banana or Vanilla extract to the mix when I want something sweet...YUM! They're delicious and an awesome bread substitute when you're having cravings.

If you want them savory (like for a burger or sandwich), you can add garlic or onion powder, Italian or other seasonings, and they're every bit as delicious.

I really can't recommend them highly enough--just knowing I can have these is enough to keep me on plan, because they so closely resemble bread. Plus they're VERY filling and will keep hunger at bay for hours. Definitely give them a whirl. They haven't seemed to stall me at all (I don't have more than 1 per day) and they're an excellent source of fiber--and most of us on this WOE can use as much fiber as we can get!
Old 07-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Oh, and I forgot to add...I'm also really interested in making Oopsie Rolls, but they seem to be a lot more labor intensive and I don't have a good mixer. Maybe Santa will bring me a Kitchen Aid?
Old 07-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Hi All!

Cathy, WOW on that much weight loss! Congrats! I am staying at induction levels for the long haul as well!

LoveLosingIt-My husband is going to attempt to make the oopsie rolls tomorrow, so I'll see how they turn out.

I am officially in love with Low Carb Linda's recipes. If you have been craving pancakes, I know exactly how to do it induction style and they are great! Low Carb Linda did i again. Just egg whites, yolks, and cream cheese. Really? With sugar free syrup. It was insane.

Today
B 2 Linda's Low Carb pancakes, two pieces bacon.
L-tiny chef salad
D-Ribeye steak, green beans, creamed spinach

Went for a 30 minute jog.

I feel so much energy now that induction flu has gone, so I am really happy about that. (Though I still have some dips, but not that sick feeling). Who knew you could eat this few of carbs and have energy!

I am feeling a little weird about not eating for emotional reasons anymore. I think I used carbs to stuff my feelings, so I am feeling a little more like I have to deal with emotions that come up instead of stuff them down. Anyone else feeling this? I lost my Dad a couple of months ago, and I feel like I can't use food anymore to stuff the grief. I have to just feel it. Phew. I didn't know how much food was like a drug to me.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Neezie, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I find myself feeling the same way--carbs are definitely a drug for me.

But good for you for staying on plan! Those pancakes sound awesome; I'll definitely have to give them a try. I've been loving the OMM so much, but I want to try that. Definitely let me know how the Oopsie rolls turn out--I think the texture of them would be awesome for hamburgers and sandwiches and stuff. I may have to break down and buy a mixer!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
You ladies are doing great and is VERY inspirational.... Thanks for posting these updates
Old 07-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sassychik
Stats: too much/on my way/just right
WOE: <20g/day
Start Date: 7/19/12
So glad y'all started this thread! I was successful with Atkins back in '99 and lost 26lbs in six weeks. Over the years, I've been up and down the same 40#. Last November, I started with a weight loss clinic (low cal/hcg/meds) and lost 34# in two months. I'm pretty sure I've gained about ten of that back but I'm afraid to step on the scale. So, I decided to go back on LC and weigh myself after the two week induction (unless I get less scared before that! lol) I'm on induction day 4.

thank you all for posting your meals. It really helps to have some new ideas!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

HI All,

Lovinglosingit-Thanks for the Losing a parent is so hard. And those carbs used to be my drug. By the way, the oopsie rolls were a hit! Last night I used one to make a hot ham and cheese sandwich. It tasted so good. They don't taste exactly like bread, but they weirdly fulfill that bread craving.

I am telling you all, though. These lowcarb pancakes are making my day and they are totally induction friendly. They aren't as easy to make as the OMM, though. But, so good. Used some sf maple syrup. Wow. Here's the recipe.

OREGONRENE'S "PANCAKES"
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
4 ounces cream cheese, softened

In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. In another small bowl, beat the cream cheese and the yolks until well blended. Gently fold in the egg whites a little at a time. There's no need to be very careful when folding in the egg whites. I just sort of stirred them in gently with a rubber spatula.

Heat a little oil and butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Don't let the butter get too dark. Ladle the batter into the hot oil, about one gravy ladle full for each. When well browned on the bottom, very carefully flip and cook the other side. They brown quite fast, so watch closely. Remove to a plate and keep warm. The pancakes are very puffy when first removed, but they flatten as they cool. Add more oil/butter to the pan for each batch, if necessary.

Makes about 8-10 small pancakes
Do not freeze

Per Serving: 69 Calories; 6g Fat; 3g Protein; .5g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs

Thanks, Sails92, for the kind words!

Kari, That's amazing that you lost almost as much on lowcarb as you did with the medical clinic! Here's to us all losing it once and for all!

Today was a good day for the most part.

B- two lowcarb pancakes, two slices bacon, coffee
L- Low Carb Linda's chile relleno casserole, some celery sticks and tomato
D- Going to have Low Carb Linda's Pork fried rice.
S- a handful of peanuts (not induction, so I am going to make devilled eggs in case I need a snack)

(Can you tell I love her recipes?)
Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm posting my menu below because it will help me to be honest with myself

Menu:
B: Coffee & Cream
L: 3 eggs (1/4 diced ham, 1/4 crumbled sausage, 2tbs shreded cheese), 4pc turkey bacon
S: 1/2 cup cantaloupe, 2 tbs cottage cheese
D: 2 Seasoned Turkey burger (no bun), mustard dip
S: SF Jello

Last edited by sails92; 07-23-2012 at 09:39 AM..
Old 07-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Hey guys.

Ugh. Today was my weigh in day (I decided a few days ago to stop weighing every day because I was driving myself crazy) and I haven't lost anything. Haven't gained either, but I was hoping to see a loss, especially with my Ketostix being as dark as they have been. Oh, well. I'm not going to let it sidetrack me--I'm just going to keep doing what I know is best and we'll see what the scale says next Monday. (Fingers crossed!)

Here's my menu for today:

7/23/12

B: 3 pieces bacon, 2 eggs
L: Chicken breast with cheese, salad greens, tomato and avocado and broccoli (It was a sandwich from Cheddar's that I ate without the bread.)
S: TBD
S: TBD (Probably salmon with cauliflower mash, since it's easy.)

I've been exercising 3-4 times a week (30-45 minutes on the elliptical), and my parents just got their pool liner fixed, so the kids and I will probably be doing a lot of swimming over the next couple of months. Hopefully that'll help. And I won't feel like such a weirdo for doing water aerobics or whatever because we'll be in private instead of at a public pool. So for that!

Hope everyone's having an awesome Monday!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Hi All,

Sails, glad you're posting your menus! Are you in induction? Have you already moved on to OWL?

LoveLosingit- I haven't been losing very quickly and I posted in a different thread. Someone posted that she has lost a really good amount of weight in induction by cutting out things like flax and a lot of cheese and even very many veggies. She eats mostly just meat, oils, eggs, and a little bit of veggies. I have been eating a lot of cheese and cream. I am thinking about just eating that simply for a week and seeing if there is a big shift on the scale. My only thing is that my flax muffins have been keeping me regular. I tried going a day or two without them and I didn't go to the bathroom.

Yay on having access to the private pool!!

My menu today:
B-one flax muffin with butter. Two eggs scrambled in coconut oil.
L-small chicken Caesar salad
S-one hardboiled egg
D taco salad. one flax muffin with cream cheese

I also jogged for thirty minutes which I really enjoyed.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #54
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jillieb
Stats: 170.5/168/145
Start Date: 7.11.12
Hello ladies. I've been absent for a few days, but still doing well so far. Still exercising and on Sunday was down 5.5lbs. My last day of induction is tomorrow, but I may do it for a couple more weeks. I still don't think I eat enough "veggies or salad" in my diet...which I need to get used to that.

Welcome LovingLosingIt, SassyChik & Sails92!!

Nezzie. I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I just lost my mom last month due to cancer. I always used food, well sweets to drown my sorrows. Those pancakes sound fantastic! I think I'm going to have to try those.

B-3 eggs, fried with mozza cheese & butter
S-2 almonds
L-low carb meatza pizza
S-cheese stick
D-low carb meatza pizza
S-one minute muffin.

I think I should through in a salad one of these days.

Your girls menu's look good.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301

Mind if I join in??
Today is my first day, although Im not new to lo carbin it.

I've been carrying extra lbs wanting so bad to get rid of them. Like really bad. It consumes most of my thoughts. It's not i haven't tried. I eat healthfully and I exercise. I just think my body hates carbs. Plus I have a slightly busted thyroid that may be working against me. I lost on a crash diet a few years ago when I was 235+ even WITH a funky thyroid, so my metabolism can kiss it, LOL!!!

Another motivator is that we are moving to HI in NOV!! (Military Family here) We will be there for 3.5 years. I don't waste more time being self conscious especially in HI. Tank tops, shorts and bikini's year round. Heck, I've never worn a bikini in my LIFE! Time to change that.

I look forward to progressing and supporting you all in your journey as well.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
I just started again yesterday. 10 years ago, I did Atkins for 3 years with great success. Then I adopted three kids and got off track. Well it is time now to get it off. Looking to loose 100 pounds. I have hypoglycemia as well Neezie and it is the main cause of me being overweight. I know Atkins cures it. I am looking forward to not having to each so often.

Felt kinda bad the first day, but not very hungry. Feeling better this morning so far.

Day 1 menu:

B Two eggs for breakfast with a tomato on the side
s Cheese
L Hamburger patty with a tomato on the side
s Cheese wrapped around salami
D 3 hotdogs no buns and a little sauerkraut (I was out at an event)
1 glass of Ice Tea and 10 glasses of water

Had two eggs and ham for breakfast today.

Went shopping yesterday and stocked up on everything I need to eat. Gonna do some cooking so I have more snacks around in case I get hungry.

Glad I found this place. Looking forward to going down in weight with you all.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cosmicstargoat
Stats: 248.5/241.4/215.0 by Oct. 1
Start Date: July 21, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_ View Post
Ugh, yeah. My weight is 264.4 :/ That's depressing to see my old weight haha.
I had the same experience. Ouch.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cosmicstargoat
Stats: 248.5/241.4/215.0 by Oct. 1
Start Date: July 21, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sails92 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm posting my menu below because it will help me to be honest with myself

Menu:
B: Coffee & Cream
L: 3 eggs (1/4 diced ham, 1/4 crumbled sausage, 2tbs shreded cheese), 4pc turkey bacon
S: 1/2 cup cantaloupe, 2 tbs cottage cheese
D: 2 Seasoned Turkey burger (no bun), mustard dip
S: SF Jello
One of the best things you can do is to keep a food journal at a site like ******. Put in absolutely everything you eat. You can customize food, so once you have it in place, you know EXACTLY what is happening. The program will calculate all the carbs, fats, proteins, etc.

It's hard to succeed without this strict monitoring, very hard.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dagnyt
Stats: 228/228/145
Start Date: July 23, 2012
New to the forum, but I've done Atkins Induction twice before. First time was great and I lost 14 pounds in two weeks. Second time I burned out fast and quit before the 2 weeks was up. Went back to my old ways and continued to maintain. Years later I had 2 kids and now I'm way high up.

I'm a little concerned that I won't lose weight because I'm on an SSRI. The Atkins book says that makes you not lose weight. But I can't go off of it.

Anyway, I'm on day 2 of Induction. I thought I'd feel awful. I did the first two times. But I really feel fine. Is that normal at all? Does anyone feel fine on induction?

Here's my menu from yesterday:

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled in butter, a small handful of shredded cheddar, tiny bit of parmesan, 3 slices of bacon. (I was so full on that, I wasn't hungry again until lunch.)

Coffee with cream

Lunch - 1 string cheese, 1 green pepper, a few mini dill pickles. Cherry Coke Zero

Dinner - mixed greens (collards, kale, mustard greens) with hot sauce and pulled pork (no sauce of any kind).

Snack - pork rinds, 1 string cheese, diet dr pepper

Today's menu:

Breakfast - egg salad (2 hard boiled eggs, spicy brown mustard, salt and pepper, mayo)

Coffee with cream

Snack - cheddar cheese (about an ounce)

Lunch - romaine lettuce with ranch (made with cream and mayo and ranch mix), a couple pieces of pepperoni, half a tomato

Cherry Coke Zero

Dinner - steak with sauteed mushrooms and small salad with oil and vinegar.

Snack - pork rinds and string cheese, diet dr pepper.

And of course I drink plenty of water all day.

Here's the weird part... I don't feel bad. Shouldn't I feel bad for the first couple of days, at least? I'm not going crazy with veggies, so it's not like I'm ODing on carbs. Even my amounts of cheese are really small. From my calculations, I'm way under the 20-25 net carbs a day. I can't figure out how to get that high up...more veggies, I guess. (which is fine, I love vegetables)

I'm nervous. If I don't lose weight with this I won't know what to do. I've tried everything else. I actually ended up gaining the last time I tried Weight Watchers.

Last edited by dagnyt; 07-24-2012 at 11:17 AM..
Old 07-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Klynne
Stats: 261/257.8/130
Start Date: 7/20/2012
I hope its ok to hop in!

Hello everyone! I saw that you guys had started this thread earlier this month, and I just started LCing yesterday, so I figured it would be good to get in there and help keep myself accountable. So to introduce myself:

I am 24, and need to lose about 125 lbs. I started my weight loss journey about a year and a half ago when i was getting prepared to get married. I was at my heaviest ever, 287 lbs; and I knew that I really needed to lose when if I was sitting for long periods of time (like on road trips) my ankles would swell up like a pufferfish. I went the low cal route, and lost about 35 lbs doing that, and i got married at 143 lbs. Fast forward a year...content cow has set in, and I have gained about 15 lbs, which is rather fast, I think. DH needed to lose weight too, so I decided to go the old route of low cal, but i wasn't losing anything .
After fretting around in a few different diets, mostly based around eating balanced, so whole wheat grains, veggies, fruits, and lean proteins, with nothing working, I decided to try something different, because obviously the same ole wasn't working. I read an article in the NYT about low carb diets, which really went into the science of it. I have had both physiology and nutrition classes in college, so I understood how it worked, and it truly makes sense to me. So I am going with the frame of mind that this will be a one way road, with no room to turn around!
Closed Thread