Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Hi, Kristall!

I don't have any advice, since I'm sticking with induction for a while. But I do allow myself to have nuts once per week, on Sundays. So if you go up the OWL ladder to nuts, may I recommend the technique of creating a "breading" by grinding equal parts sunflower kernels and fresh parmesan cheese in a food processor. Grind them to the texture of coarse corn meal. Then, you can dip meat or fish in an egg bath and "bread" it the way you normally would.

I hella missed fried catfish -- I could pan fry it in oil but the lack of breading made me want to cry. As far as I know, those low carb bake mixes are legit. But losing weight doesn't come easily to me, so I'm not taking a chance on anything that I didn't prepare myself from basic, whole foods. Anyway, I've found the sunflower kernels and parmesan to be a tasty replacement for recipes that call for cornmeal.

Just a thought! BTW, I always pan fry when I do this. It's a denser coating and I'm afraid it'll stick to the basket or flake off if I use the deep fryer.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
I'm at the point now where I don't hate the gym. But I don't love it. And I feel like I will have to learn to love exercise in order to support this lifestyle change.
You need to find something that works or you. Maybe the gym isn't it. Maybe you could buy a bike and ride for exercise. Walk the neighborhood and build up to running the neighborhood. (go to the mall and do it if it is too hot out.) Jump rope. Watch workout videos on CD. Join a dance class and dance. Join a soccer team. Go to a marshal arts class. Join swimming classes or swim on your own. You get the idea, there are endless ways to get exercise, maybe you need to find a different one than the gym. Don't let anyone tell you that you must use a gym.

I personally am through spending cash on a gym membership. I am biking, walking, and doing pull up, push ups and site ups. Once I am fit and feel I need something more, I might consider a gym again, but not for now.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
New things this week for me. My stomach has been growling on a regular basis. This is unusual because I got overweight primarily due to hypoglycemia and since Atkins it is almost completely gone. Thus, I haven't been eating until my stomach growls. I am now eating for my stomach instead of my head. I have found that my stomach regulates calories much better than my head does.

I find myself serving bigger portions than I need now. I really need to start watching this more. I am still eating to fullness instead of satisfied. Even though I am eating on plan, I could be eating smaller meat portions than I have been. This is what I will be working on this week.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neezie
Stats: 238.2/getting smaller!/130
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
I personally am through spending cash on a gym membership. I am biking, walking, and doing pull up, push ups and site ups. Once I am fit and feel I need something more, I might consider a gym again, but not for now.
I agree. I am naturally being more active just because I have more energy on this diet, whereas before I would just sit around. I have been golfing, running, going for long walks, playing with my dogs on the beach, flying kites, building sand castles(LOL), and now want to learn to bodyboard (because I saw a four year old doing it today, so I realized I need to get some guts). All of these things burn calories but none of it feels like exercise to me. I am actually realizing at the end of the day, "Hey, I didn't really sit down much today."
Old 08-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristall View Post
I've been doing Induction for almost 2 months and lost a total of 28 lbs. I am thinking about transitioning to OWL. Just maybe adding a few more carbs and experimenting with a few low-carb products. I am actually quite happy on induction. But I want to make Atkins a true way of life, not just a diet. Although I still have a lot of weight to lose, so I will be learning for a long time! Anyone have any advice?
Hi Kristall. Thanks for the compliments on the thread! Everyone here is really helpful. As for me, I am staying on induction for a long time mostly because I feel so energetic on it and am healing hypoglycemia from keeping the carbs really low. I think in the Atkins book, he says to increase your carbs gradually by 5 carbs to see your CCL(Critical Carb Level) The CCL is the amount of carbs you can eat and still lose weight or maintain. You may try adding in 5 carbs at a time and see what your body does
Old 08-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
I find myself serving bigger portions than I need now. I really need to start watching this more. I am still eating to fullness instead of satisfied. Even though I am eating on plan, I could be eating smaller meat portions than I have been. This is what I will be working on this week.
Stevie. It is a challenge relearning how to eat when you've been dealing with hypoglycemia. It is strange and wonderful now. I can go 5 or 6 hours without eating or even noticing I am hungry because I have no appetite. My stomach is also usually so empty now that it actually hurts if I eat too fast because it is so empty. I have really had to slowwww down my eating and that helps me not overeat.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Trillex- That is so cool what commitment you've made to getting in shape with a trainer. That is no easy task and you sound like you're fitness has come a really long way. Congrats.

Betty, GOOD LUCK tomorrow on the dairy free!

For me today, I was moving nonstop. I went for two long walks with my dogs, went to the driving range and putting green, went for a long walk around my town.

I am still doing my daily visualization/hypnosis of being in thin body and it really feels good and like it is working, especially on my appetite and movement.

B- three pieces bacon, one sausage patty, two eggs
L- one chicken breast
S-2 oz cheese
D-hot dog on flax "bun" with creamed spinach
Old 08-13-2012, 05:34 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I think being active is great!
It can help burn cals and is good for your heart, etc. It's better than sitting around.

But to me, nothing beats building muscle. Walking isn't going to give you that sleak tone and shape to your shoulders for ex.

as we age, we lose muscle. We definitely don't want to do that! Training with weights strengthens our bones and joints. It keeps your body STRONG.

Trillex- I'm a certified PT actually :P
But only dabbled in it for a short while due to my own health issues. I hope to get back into it in the near future.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #339
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Klynne
Stats: 261/257.8/130
Start Date: 7/20/2012
Feeling frustrated

I was out of the house again this weekend (the third in a row, and I am really getting sick of that, but it was beyond my control). However, this weekend, I felt like I did everything right. I drank plenty of water, my meals were on plan, and I did not do any "alcohol cheating" as much as I may have wanted to. So why oh why did the scale move up?!? I feel right now like I could have had that brandy with friends, and it would not have made a difference. Everyone else seems to be doing well, so keep up the good work!

Kerensa
Old 08-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

ahh, maybe stress??

I haven't weighed myself in over a week, just keeping on plan. I think I'll weigh tomorrow morning to judge how/if my no dairy plan works.

All we can do is to keep plugging along. Your not going to let one weigh in ruin the whole thing, right?

you can DO IT!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Betty, What do think about pilates and yoga? I am really interested in those and the people I have seen who do them appear to have great muscle tone.

Kerensa-Sorry to hear that. Remember the scale is also gauging water gain and loss, and if you are at all constipated, that too. I highly recommend using a piece of clothing or tape measure to get the most accurate gauge. I think cosmicstar said in his how to fail on atkins thread that weighing yourself more than once every two weeks could discourage people off the program and into a binge. Think of the health benefits first. It is easy for me to stay on plan because I have to keep my blood sugars stable and this is the only thing that does it, no matter what the scale says. For some people weighing every day or too often doesn't emotionally devastate them like it did me LOL. I haven't weighed in two weeks, but my clothes are literally falling off of me to the point where I have to by new pants soon. And that is without the trauma of the scale.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

I think yoga n pilates is great for flexibility, relaxation and core strengthening.

I wouldn't rely on it as a complete form of exercise but as a compliment to a routine already in place.

Most of the ladies doing that stuff probably didn't get that way from just doing yoga. I could be wrong.

Today is going well so far..here are my meals

turkey sausage
flax 'cereal'

3 drumsticks
1 cup cauli

summer sausage
green olives

salmon
asparagus

No dairy, day1!!

I'm already reading about fat fasts. They seem intriguing to me. I'm willing to do anything at this point to get this weight off that has been hanging off of me for so long. And did I mention we are moving to Hawaii in November??
This weight needs to go!! 20lbs, that's all I'm asking, lol...

(30 would be nice too)
Old 08-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, all!

Kerensa - You are such a lovely spirit and lovely energy in this forum! Don't let the scale make you mad, girl! Especially since you know it is NOT a fat gain, and is almost certainly a normal fluctuation in your body's water level. I only weight once a month, but I can see weighing everyday as a motivational tool. You know, spurring you on to work harder that day when the scale does you wrong. The problem is, though, if you accept a 2-pound overnight loss as a legit loss then you're gonna accept a 2-pound overnight gain as a legit gain. Even though neither of those overnight fluctuations truly affects what's happening in your fat cells. So, in the end, it's screwing with your head in both directions. That seems unfair, to me. Just keep being your positive self and you will rise above this (fake, hurtful) number!

Big Stevie - You're absolutely right about finding some movement I love. I need to figure out what that is... Maybe I would enjoy exercise more if I joined some sort of group. The only exercise I've ever truly enjoyed was skateboarding, through childhood and into my teens. But when I went to college, I just stopped enjoying it. It wasn't fun to me anymore without my homies around to hang with me. I think the bonding made me love the physical labor -- and the falling on my face, I'm actually quite proud of all of my skate scars!

Neezie - My trainer buddy has me doing Lotte Berk exercises for my thighs because I wasn't *feeling* my thigh workouts with weighted squats and weighted step ups -- I was having to do tons of them before I really felt anything. So it was good endurance building, but not the most economical approach to strength and definition. Also, he was having to keep the weight too much lower than my physical capacity on the leg press machine because I feel vulnerable in that position -- like the weight is too heavy and it's going to push back on me and break my knees. So I didn't perform well on that machine -- sadly, my mental game is still weaker than my body in a lot of areas (in most areas, actually). I immediately feel the effects of the Lotte Berk heels-together-squat-thing and the thighs-together-squat-thing and the heels-together-tuck, etc, that he has me doing. They're basically movements that force your thighs to lift your bodyweight in a weight training way, the way that push ups and pull ups create weight training by using your body as the weight. It isn't Pilates, these workouts come from the world of old school ballet. But they are slow, fluid movements with a lot of holding the position, like yoga or Pilates. If you're going to look into Pilates, you might enjoy looking into Lotte Berk, as well.

Betty - Since you are doing low carb Atkins, you're probably not too far from an Atkins fat fast. Right? My copy of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution says about the Fat Fast, "Lowering the caloric intake accelerates the need to burn up body fat -- thus the 1,000-calorie limit." You could probably just tweak the ratio of fat to protein in the food you're currently eating, and break your meals into 5 200-calorie servings (or 4 250-calorie servings) and you're there! It probably won't even be too hard on your psyche since you're already eating at a low calorie level. <--- That's easy for me to say, right?! HaHa!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #344
Senior LCF Member

it doesn't look like it would be easy to do without dairy. But then I could just eat 5oz of macadamia nuts instead

And it seems like there are a whole bunch of modifications people make(whether MR. Atkins would advise or not)

Can you do 2 meals at 500 cals?

I never liked the several tiny meals a day thing.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cstyles
Stats: 297/293/150
WOE: Atkins, the "old" one
Start Date: 07/15/12
Quote:
Hi, Kristall!

I don't have any advice, since I'm sticking with induction for a while. But I do allow myself to have nuts once per week, on Sundays. So if you go up the OWL ladder to nuts, may I recommend the technique of creating a "breading" by grinding equal parts sunflower kernels and fresh parmesan cheese in a food processor. Grind them to the texture of coarse corn meal. Then, you can dip meat or fish in an egg bath and "bread" it the way you normally would.

I hella missed fried catfish -- I could pan fry it in oil but the lack of breading made me want to cry. As far as I know, those low carb bake mixes are legit. But losing weight doesn't come easily to me, so I'm not taking a chance on anything that I didn't prepare myself from basic, whole foods. Anyway, I've found the sunflower kernels and parmesan to be a tasty replacement for recipes that call for cornmeal.

Just a thought! BTW, I always pan fry when I do this. It's a denser coating and I'm afraid it'll stick to the basket or flake off if I use the deep fryer.
Thank you for this post! I have been craving deep fried fish, and will try some pan-fried with your special coating.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Betty Great job on the menu! Looks good. Hawaii sounds like so much fun. I am on the west coast (Monterey Bay) and living near the ocean just makes me want to be healthy and thin. As far as the fat fast is concerned, I think doing the fat fast without dairy is kind of like doing Atkins without meat. Possible but it really limits your choices. In that chapter, he recommends so many things that are dairy, I think macademia nuts might be the only other thing...oh, yeah. Caviar. We all eat caviar so often, Maybe try your no dairy experiment, and then if that doesn't work for the loss, move to the fat fast with dairy. Just an idea. It's good to have options. Have you been checking your clothes to see if you are losing?

Trillex
Thanks for the info about Lotte Berk. I will totally check that out! You know, I have always wanted more of a dancer's body with long, toned muscles as opposed to bulky. Maybe that type of exercise could help with that.

Cstyles- Tell us how that fried fish recipe works for you. I may try it, too.

Today, food. Again, no appetite.

B- 1 egg, one sausage patty, coffee with cream
L- one chicken breast
D- Probably chicken and salad?
S- another cup of coffee with cream
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

I know I just gave a speech yesterday about the scale, lol.

I'm UP 3lbs from my last check. That week I went away really screwed me up. I didn't bother weighing in when I got back so I don't know whats what.

Plus TOM is impending.

I have GOALS dangit!
Make me want to scream sometimes you know?

But all I can do is keep plugging away waiting for my body to catch up I guess.
It's tiring and I get bored. I don't want that.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #348
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Klynne
Stats: 261/257.8/130
Start Date: 7/20/2012
Quote:
Hi, all!

Kerensa - You are such a lovely spirit and lovely energy in this forum!
Trillex, thank you so much. Your words are truly uplifting. I have made up my mind to stick with it, no matter what! It will be difficult some days, and other days it may be easier. But you are right about the scale, and I am going to try and cut down on getting on it.

So the last two nights, I have had dreams about eating french fries . Not that I actually want to or anything, but Freud would say that subconsciously I do...hmm.

Meals for today:

B - Coffee w/cream and stevia, 2 slices bacon, three eggs scrambled
L - Small salad, chile chicken monterrey
S - Avocado and cheesestick
D - Small salad and white castle hamburger pie (I've heard it's really really good!)

Everyone have an awesome day!
Kerensa
Old 08-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, Betty!

My copy of DANDR says about the Fat Fast, "Since frequent 'feedings' prevent hunger better than three meals a day, I recommend five feedings, perhaps one every four hours, comprising 200 calories each." So, if you don't have hunger issues, you could probably do two 500-calorie meals instead. I would think... I know bodybuilders who spread their food across half-a-dozen-or-so meals per day because the body will only use 15-20g of protein from a meal for growth and repair. So maybe (?) there is a metabolic / storage balance difference between 200 calories of fat per meal vs 500 calories of fat per meal when you are trying to keep the body in a constant state of fat release.

As far as doing it dairy-free, I think you can do it with meat / eggs + oil / mayonnaise / butter. Like, one hardboiled egg (78 calories) + 1 tbsp mayonnaise (100 calories) = 85% fat at just under 200 calories. You could just double that and add more mayo to do a 500-calorie meal with an even higher fat ratio. The book cites "one ounce of tuna or chicken salad with two teaspoons of mayonnaise served in one-quarter of an avocado." Or you could do two ounces of meat from the drumsticks you had yesterday (98 calories) + 1 tbsp mayonnaise (100 calories) = 80% fat at approximately 200 calories. Or you could do one ounce of porterhouse steak (93 calories) + 1 tbsp of olive oil (113 calories) = 90% fat at approximately 200 calories. You could go on and on -- using fish, shellfish, beef, lamb, pork, etc. You're basically balancing the meal so that 70-90% of the calories come from fat and you're watching your portion size to make sure that you eat less than 1,000 calories per day.

I'm certainly not an expert! But that's how I interpret the instructions in the book, "If increasing the fat-to-carbohydrate ratio and cutting the calorie count works, any dietary change in that direction might get the job done." [The italicized emphasis is in the original text.]

I don't count calories but I do weigh, measure and log everything I eat to make sure that I don't eat more than 20g of protein per meal and to ensure that my dietary fat ratio is 65-75%. My daily calories usually come in between 1,200-1,600 per day. So high-fat and high calorie aren't synonymous. I don't think I could be satisfied with the tiny Fat Fast meals, though... That program sounds like a challenge.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, Cstyles!

I hope you like the "breading"! I think it's delicious and I honestly like it as much as I liked cornmeal breading.

But I must admit that I am a person for whom texture matters even more than flavor. Like, I love creme brulee but I hate flan and rice pudding. Flan is too "wiggly" and rice pudding is too "soupy." I don't care how tasty it is, if a food has the *wrong* texture I won't like it.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
I've been in MIA for a few days because I'm getting ready for school to start and there is just so much to be done before next week....Just want to briefly update that I'm still in the race though I'm still going at a turtle's pace (But, I'm thankful that I'm losing).... Thanks again for the words of support and I wish you all continued success in reaching your goals.

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 4pc turkey bacon, 1 egg white (plain)
L: grilled chicken breast, 1 TB salsa on top
D: baked chicken breast, 1 cup spinach sauteed with butter & garlic
S: Linda's low carb ice cream (made a pint last week and I'm still eating it)
Old 08-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 5kids
Stats: sw 184 8/13 cw 169 4/14
Start Date: 8/08/12 and again 08/08/13
Hi everyone this is my 7th day and down 7 lbs. I had a baby 6 months ago and exercising and watching what I ate hadn't helped drop weilght. So I started atkins. I have 5 kids and always have kept in pretty good shape but this pregnancy and I guess being older didn't help with weight gain. . I've been exercising everyday and keeping carbs under 20... I'm goig on vacation this next week and I know it'll be hard to stay away from margaritas and all the good food but I can do it.

Sw 08/08-173.5. Cw 08/14-167.5 my goal weight 140
Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

All I can do is keep going, monitoring everything..it sucks being a slow loser.

Today I've had mostly meat aside from my flax cereal this morning. I'd really like to keep the flax if I can.

Hunger is at bay. There is a meat/egg fast that people do for just 3 days to further deplete glycogen and get further into ketosis.

you can tell if you've been over carbing if you lose a bunch.

I wonder if this could be something to throw in every once in awhile to speed things up.
It's not Atkins but kinda is, just without the 80 cals worth of carbs. If your eating nothin but protein and fat why on EARTH couldn't a person lose the lbs then? lol

I like doing weird experiments like that just to see how it works for *me* If someone ever came to me wanting to know about dieting, I've done it all practically :rollseyes:
Old 08-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Boy, it is TOM for me, and poor hubby, I am pretty moody. My hypnosis audios have helped me not feel bloated, because I am constantly imagining myself thin.

Yesterday for dinner I had italian sausages with sauteed bell peppers and onions, olive oil, and parmesan cheese. It was good.

Also, two days ago, I used a OMM to make a hot dog bun and I made a hot dog on that "bun" and it was really good.

5kids! on the weight loss!

Betty, about the 3 pounds up. Trillex is right. I didn't even think about using mayo and oils to get the fat up. I bet you could do the fat fast just fine without dairy. I used to do something called the "Banta Diet" and it was a mostly fat diet and I lost 14 pounds in two weeks, so I believe in that.

Sails, welcome back, and good job on the weight loss, even if it is slow.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

I think it would be a good experiment just to see..if I don't lose anything? Then I don't know! lol

Banta diet, now that's one I've never heard of. 14lbs in two weeks?? Daaaaang. Were you not low carb before that??
Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #356
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jonno9
Stats: Start: 234 pounds Goal:209 pounds
Start Date: 14/08/2012
Hi

Day one on Atkins for me today.

I did the Atkins diet 4 years ago (during the Beijing Olympics) and lost 4 stone (approx 56 pounds). Since then I have met my wife, had a baby and achieved a steady rise in weight. (I have called it "happy fat"...... too much good food, great wine and nights on the sofa)

I decided that this time I shall lose weight after the Olympics... after all they were in my home town and I wanted to enjoy them to the max!!!!!

So here goes - Now at 16st 10 (approx 234 pounds) and looking forward to what lays ahead.

What are my reasons this time? Well firstly my clothes are becoming far too tight, so much so I ripped a pair of shorts when bending over...... Secondly as my daughter becomes more mobile I am realising that I want to be more healthy as she will only get quicker and want more from me. Finally I know where I can get too - after I lost the weight the last time I ran the London Marathon - a feat I would have no chance of completeing today.

Vital stats:

Weight: 234
BMI: 31.7
Waist: 41

Heres hoping a nice reduction in those numbers during my following posts.

Good luck to you all.

Jonno
Old 08-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey, Cstyles!

I hope you like the "breading"! I think it's delicious and I honestly like it as much as I liked cornmeal breading.

But I must admit that I am a person for whom texture matters even more than flavor. Like, I love creme brulee but I hate flan and rice pudding. Flan is too "wiggly" and rice pudding is too "soupy." I don't care how tasty it is, if a food has the *wrong* texture I won't like it.
LOL! Bet you didn't know I'm a pediatric occupational therapist who works daily with children with food texture issues!!! If you ever come to SC, come by and I'll treat you to some free therapy.... (don't worry, I'm teasing)
I'm going to try the fish this weekend.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno9 View Post
Hi

Day one on Atkins for me today.

I did the Atkins diet 4 years ago (during the Beijing Olympics) and lost 4 stone (approx 56 pounds). Since then I have met my wife, had a baby and achieved a steady rise in weight. (I have called it "happy fat"...... too much good food, great wine and nights on the sofa)

I decided that this time I shall lose weight after the Olympics... after all they were in my home town and I wanted to enjoy them to the max!!!!!

So here goes - Now at 16st 10 (approx 234 pounds) and looking forward to what lays ahead.

What are my reasons this time? Well firstly my clothes are becoming far too tight, so much so I ripped a pair of shorts when bending over...... Secondly as my daughter becomes more mobile I am realising that I want to be more healthy as she will only get quicker and want more from me. Finally I know where I can get too - after I lost the weight the last time I ran the London Marathon - a feat I would have no chance of completeing today.

Vital stats:

Weight: 234
BMI: 31.7
Waist: 41

Heres hoping a nice reduction in those numbers during my following posts.

Good luck to you all.

Jonno
Welcome, Jonno, and best wishes on your quest!

Cathy
Old 08-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
I think it would be a good experiment just to see..if I don't lose anything? Then I don't know! lol

Banta diet, now that's one I've never heard of. 14lbs in two weeks?? Daaaaang. Were you not low carb before that??
Yes, I was lowcarb and stuck on a plateau. This was a long time ago. It was when I did Banta that I got unstuck and lost that weight. There are some old threads and recipes on here if you search "banta" or "banta babes". It was soooo indulgent but worked.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Jonno!! Great to see you here. Wishing you all success!
Closed Thread