Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
You ALL are right that slow will win the race, today I lost another .4lbs which brings me to a total of 5.3lbs in three weeks....Also, Linda's low carb vanilla icream was really good (I just added too much cinnamon and will make adjustment the next time around).....This was a great alternative and satisfied the sweet need - LOL....I can't say enough thank you's to each of you for your encouragement and support....GOD BLESS each of you

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 5 slices turkey bacon, 2 deviled eggs (I only ate the 5th piece because it was the last in the package - lol)
S: microwaved cheese crisps (parchment paper is the key - they slide right off)
L: turkey chedder sausage & 2 deviled eggs
S: low carb vanilla ice cream (Linda's receipe)
D: taco meat (sour cream, cheese & 1tbs peach salsa)

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #302
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Klynne
Stats: 261/257.8/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/20/2012
Good morning!
My day was better yesterday, not quite as hungry. But the scale was only down .2 of a lb...so I am thinking that I am going to stay off it for a while. I have noticed my shorts and work pants are fitting a bit looser, and I carry most of my weight in my thighs and what my DH calls my "ghetto booty" , so it is a good sign of progress to me.

Big Stevie - I think you would do ok with eggs if they were boiled, and maybe some celery and/or cucumbers, tomato slices. Also I agree with Lauren about the low carb beef jerky. The beef jerky and pork rinds are usually my go to for things like road trips. Make sure you drink LOTS of water too. We have had some super high temps here in the last couple of weeks (like 115 plus the heat index) and I realized I was easily putting away about 15 cups of water a day! Are you allowed to carry and small coolers into the park? That would open up your food options as well.

Betty - I know what you mean about waking up hungry. It weirds me out too when it happens, cause I usually have to force myself to eat breakfast, because I am almost never hungry until about 11 o'clock, so sometimes I feel like I am having to choke down food. Coffee makes it better though

Sails - You look like you are doing great! Sometimes it is not about how fast the weight comes off. Have you noticed other positive changes as well? Better mood and energy, clothes fitting better? Or have you tried taking your blood pressure? There are tons of ways to tell if we are getting healthier besides that number, so keep going with your positive attitude, and don't let the little brat on the floor sidetrack you!

The menu for the day:
B - OMM w/ cream cheese, 1 fried egg, 2 slices bacon, and coffee and cream
L - Smoked salmon quiche with dill (this was SUPER yummy) with a small side salad
S - 1/2 avocado and 2 cheesesticks
D - Chinese Fried "Rice" and maybe a small side salad

Everyone have a blessed day!
Kerensa
Old 08-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Hello, Sails!

I have been lurking on this forum (and others) all summer, since I started Atkins back in May. But I haven't said anything because I haven't felt like I had anything insightful or helpful to say. But having followed you guys, and all of your great progress (!!!), I decided to register and chime in on your current situation, Sails. Even though I've been a lurker, I've come to really like you guys and empathize with your struggles.

You have been somewhat disappointed with your rate of loss -- almost 2 pounds per week is nothing to sneeze at, but you've been hoping for a bigger *swoosh*. I noticed that you've had liberal amounts of cream in your menus -- in coffee, in quiche, in ice cream, sour cream with taco meat, etc -- cream is legal on induction but I want to point out what my copy of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution (published 2002) says about this "Special Category" food:
"one ounce of sour cream or three ounces of unsweetened heavy cream... But be aware that these foods occasionally slow down weight loss in some people, and may need to be avoided in the first two weeks. If you seem to be losing slowly, moderate your intake of these foods."
Also, I know you don't have turkey bacon and turkey cheese sausage all the time but you may want to take a close look at the labels of those products. Those turkey products are often processed foods that contain sneaky sugar. To make them tasty, while keeping them lowfat, they sometimes sneak in stuff like maltodextrin and other weird additives.

I'm not writing this to give you a hard time about your menu -- I think you're making great, steady progress! But since you've mentioned some concerns about your rate of loss, I thought I would mention these small points.

Just my humble observation... I hope you continue to prosper and lose!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #304
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Klynne
Stats: 261/257.8/130
Start Date: 7/20/2012
Trillex

I understand about lurking, cause I did that for a while too before I decided to jump in with both feet! I hope you will stick around so we can cheer your progress on as well!
Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurel
Stats: 188/168/135
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 7/2012
Talk me down?

I was feeling really good at the end of last week after dropping 4.9lbs and feeling as though I was in the swing of things. I had a few zero carb drinks over the weekend while visiting family, and was down another half lb on Monday. Since then I've been steadily gaining. My eating habits haven't really changed (except I've had a "hungry day" on Mon) and according to my cheap-o scale, my hydration % has remained steady. I'm up 1.5lbs since Monday. I have been checking strips and have remained steadily in the 15-40ppm range and I have not cheated on anything. I've been tracking everything I eat on ****** and obsessively checking labels on anything not made from scratch like dressings and bacon, etc. I know that I shouldn't be weighing myself daily, but I'm kind of obsessive about things. I'm going to try continuing this for a full 40 days to see if my body just needs time to adjust or whatever, but it's frustrating. Should I try cutting certain things out of my diet and see if that helps?

Thanks for your input!!!

Last edited by Laurel; 08-09-2012 at 11:37 AM..
Old 08-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cstyles
Stats: 297/293/150
WOE: Atkins, the "old" one
Start Date: 07/15/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
Talk me down?

I was feeling really good at the end of last week after dropping 4.9lbs and feeling as though I was in the swing of things. I had a few zero carb drinks over the weekend while visiting family, and was down another half lb on Monday. Since then I've been steadily gaining. My eating habits haven't really changed (except I've had a "hungry day" on Mon) and according to my cheap-o scale, my hydration % has remained steady. I'm up 1.5lbs since Monday. I have been checking strips and have remained steadily in the 15-40ppm range and I have not cheated on anything. I've been tracking everything I eat on ****** and obsessively checking labels on anything not made from scratch like dressings and bacon, etc. I know that I shouldn't be weighing myself daily, but I'm kind of obsessive about things. I'm going to try continuing this for a full 40 days to see if my body just needs time to adjust or whatever, but it's frustrating. Should I try cutting certain things out of my diet and see if that helps?

Thanks for your input!!!
Laurel,
If you post your menu here, people can help you better. Sometimes small things can sabotage us. Good for you for sticking in there is spite of the scale!!

Cathy
Old 08-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyles View Post
Laurel,
If you post your menu here, people can help you better. Sometimes small things can sabotage us. Good for you for sticking in there is spite of the scale!!

Cathy
This was Tuesday and is fairly indicative of how I've been eating.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Trillex

WOW, you have some great insight and I truly appreciate you sharing this information with me. You are most likely right about the "hidden" sugars and the cream that I have been eating lately. This may be the reason why I've stalled and slowed down with my weight loss progress. I'll monitor it more closely now that you have made me aware that this may be the problem. Thanks again for the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex View Post
Hello, Sails!

I have been lurking on this forum (and others) all summer, since I started Atkins back in May. But I haven't said anything because I haven't felt like I had anything insightful or helpful to say. But having followed you guys, and all of your great progress (!!!), I decided to register and chime in on your current situation, Sails. Even though I've been a lurker, I've come to really like you guys and empathize with your struggles.

You have been somewhat disappointed with your rate of loss -- almost 2 pounds per week is nothing to sneeze at, but you've been hoping for a bigger *swoosh*. I noticed that you've had liberal amounts of cream in your menus -- in coffee, in quiche, in ice cream, sour cream with taco meat, etc -- cream is legal on induction but I want to point out what my copy of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution (published 2002) says about this "Special Category" food:
"one ounce of sour cream or three ounces of unsweetened heavy cream... But be aware that these foods occasionally slow down weight loss in some people, and may need to be avoided in the first two weeks. If you seem to be losing slowly, moderate your intake of these foods."
Also, I know you don't have turkey bacon and turkey cheese sausage all the time but you may want to take a close look at the labels of those products. Those turkey products are often processed foods that contain sneaky sugar. To make them tasty, while keeping them lowfat, they sometimes sneak in stuff like maltodextrin and other weird additives.

I'm not writing this to give you a hard time about your menu -- I think you're making great, steady progress! But since you've mentioned some concerns about your rate of loss, I thought I would mention these small points.

Just my humble observation... I hope you continue to prosper and lose!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neezie
Stats: 238.2/getting smaller!/130
Start Date: July 2012
Wow!! So many new people and so much activity. Yay!!!

Sails- Trillex gave good advice. Another thing is to make sure you are drinking tons of water to cleanse your system as you continue to lose. Some people find that can help. I ordered my ketosticks online.

Kerensa- That is so cool about your husband's blood pressure and yours! Whoohoo! This way of eating has healed me of serious hypoglycemia, so I know how you feel. What a Godsend. And as far as "hungry days", I have noticed that on those days if I eat a LOT of fat at breakfast, the appetite is gone most of the day!

Betty- I am so believing you can lose the weight not having to go low carb and low fat. I agree that's a tough road because hunger rears its ugly head again (at least for me). One of the things I have really been noticing since I have been doing realllly low carb and high fat is that I am not really hungry. (thus, the tiny meals) I feel like fat is our best friend when it comes to hunger control. Kind of like an appetite suppressant.

Nikki- Yes, I also stay off the scale as much as possible and go by how my clothes and rings fit right now. In fact, I have a pair of pants that I keep just to check how I'm doing. I am doing a lot of visualizing myself thin right now with hypnosis, and getting on the scale tends to deflate my vision LOL.

Big Stevie- I know you already went to the amusement park, but I wanted to let you know about a snack that I had at the movie theater. It's low carb linda's cheese crackers, which is just basically microwaving chedder cheese on parchment paper for 1 and a half minutes. It turns into a cracker. I put them in plastic bags and they really hit the spot. I put tuna salad on some the other day and it tasted like tuna and crackers but with a tuna melt vibe. So good!

Trillex- Thanks for offering advice. When I started this thread, I was hoping people could come and give us newbies advice.

Laurel- Looking at your menu, I can just tell you some of the things I have heard. (Remember, I am no expert and I hope others chime in). Maybe you could try to lower your carbs to under 20. Most days my carbs are like 15 max. Cheese stalls some people. Your caesar dressing looks like it might have a bit of sugar in it to have 4 carbs. My bottle has 0 carbs. (Maybe ****** calculated wrong). Also, artificial sweeteners stall some people, like splenda and sugar free jello. I eat Nunaturals brand Stevia which to me tastes better than splenda and is all natural. (Splenda sometimes gives me headaches). And stevia doesn't stall me. Also, starchier veggies like squash tend to stall me. I stick with things like spinach, salads, cucumbers, celery, and radishes. Also, are you, uh, regular? LOL. I eat flax to keep me moving, but I don't see a ton of fiber in your diet. Just some thoughts!!

Okay, well today was another no hunger day.

B- One minute egg and sausage mcmuffin. YUM! I took a one minute muffin and put scrambled eggs, cheddar, and a sausage patty on it. WOW!! (with some butter as well). That filled me up literally all day. celery sticks, lettuce, cucumber slices.

L- nada (in the past my hypoglycemia wouldn't let me do this)

D- Low carb Linda's spinach lasagna mixed with shirataki noodles.

S- two cups decaf with cream.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Just got back from the amusement park. Had a great day but boy was it hot. I felt like I was getting heat stroke at one point. Anyway, the food worked out for me fine. I ate Ham and 2 eggs before I left. I took a 1 hard boiled egg, a pickle and Atkins bar with me. I drank a couple bottles of water and two large ice teas. For late lunch/dinner I ate a bacon burger with cheese and no bun, a salad with oil and red wine vinegar, and some broccoli. It only cost me $13, LOL. When I got home I had a small piece of cheese, 4 olives and a bite of ham. All in all, I think I did pretty well. I was proud of myself.

Laurel, relax. Your menu looks pretty good to me. Your a little over on carbs but at least they are coming from vegetables. I don't think any of us got fat eating too many vegetables. I have been having this same issue when I count carbs and I know I ate too much broccoli today but I am not going to sweat it and neither should you.

1.5 pounds could be for a variety of reasons. Maybe too much water retention for the day. Remember, most of us are drinking over 7 pounds of water a day, (I am drinking 8.4 pounds which is what a gallon weights.) Keep body measurements and more importantly get some clothes that are too tight right now and let them be your gauge instead of the scale. You will get into them soon. I got into a size 2 inches smaller in the waist today. It was a good feeling.

Last edited by Big Stevie; 08-09-2012 at 10:44 PM..
Old 08-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys regarding the Carbs, if you see the graph it shows that 6is of them came from fiber, which I was under the impression were Ok and didn't count?

I guess I will try cutting out artificial sweetener and see how that works. The summer squash is a mixture of zucchini and yellow crookneck that I grew in my garden. The I've been having big salads almost every day.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Great job Stevie!!
Your a better man than me

My meals yesterday:
4 scrambled eggs with shredded cheese/jalapenos
4 oz steak

Venison sausage
flax muffin

Taco meat+cheese+shredded lettuce+sour cream

Here is a cool article:
On Dairy and Insulin | Mark's Daily Apple

A friend of mine lost 6lbs in two weeks by giving up dairy and doing nothing else different.
I want to try it!!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
Great job Stevie!!
Your a better man than me
!!
Obviously you don't know me. I am just really motivated. I am trying to get health insurance and keep getting turned down because of my weight and blood pressure. It is just my time. Nothing is gonna get in my way this time.

I lost a lot of weight on Atkins about eight years ago, then went back on carbs and gained it back. I just can't eat carbs. My body won't allow it.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Holy cow. I know that I shouldn't be weighing myself, but I'm doing a 40 day weight loss challenge with one of my coworkers and we weigh in every Friday, so there was no way around it. I've dropped the weight that I gained and then some. I'm 1.8lbs down from a week ago. I do think that I will start limiting my artificial sweetener to see if that helps accelerate things next week, but I feel so relieved to finally be losing that this is great news!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Here is a cool article:
On Dairy and Insulin | Mark's Daily Apple

A friend of mine lost 6lbs in two weeks by giving up dairy and doing nothing else different.
I want to try it!!

Hey Betty - I am still learning a lot about body chemistry and all of that good stuff, but the author seemed to believe that unhomogenized milk may have a lesser effect on insulin production than homogenized due to the separated fat content(or so it sounded). We buy locally produced normal-pasteurized unhomogenized milk and cream from Jersey cows (higher butterfat % than Holstein). Do you know of any additional studies comparing the insulin response between homogenized and non-homogenized milk?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

I've come to terms that I'm the turtle in this race to become a healthier me, and I'm okay with this No swoosh fairy but another .2lbs gone, and I'm feeling REALLY good about myself. Wishing you all much success on your weightloss journeys, and thanks for the encouragement and support. This week focus is for me to monitor my cream and hidden sugar intake in the process foods that I've been eating.

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 4pc bacon, cheese omelet (sausage crumble)
L: 2 deviled eggs, salad (diced ham)
S: Linda's low carb ice cream
D: chicken legs, sliced tomatoes
Old 08-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Sails, Your menu looks delicious and congrats on the loss! Any loss is still a loss.

B-flax muffin with eggs, cheese, and sausage
L- 1/2 cheeseburger on lettuce
D- steak and creamed spinach

Played golf today and ran and walked the dogs! Wow! So much energy.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Still working the plan.

B. Ham, lettuce and tomato sandwich with mayo. (ran out of bacon had to use ham), with a teaspoon of coconut oil straight.
L. Taco salad. Hamburger meet, lettuce, cheese and home made guacamole.
D. Leg of lamb, tabbouleh salad (without wheat), mushrooms in butter, and Italian squash.

Didn't run my carbs on ****** but I think I am probably a bit over today. Still losing so I ain't gonna sweat it today.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:27 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Good Job Laurel!!-I have yet to weigh myself. I don't want to be let down, you know?
But I may weigh once a week to see if cutting dairy affects me. Drinking black coffee as we speak!
And I don't have any studies, lol. I just like reading articles

Good job Salis!!! you can DO IT!

Big Stevie- your dinner sounded yummy!!

How did that person attach her ****** page? That was cool!

I was kinda floundering yesterday. I had probably a spoonful of peanut butter, 2 mini hershey chocolates and a couple bites of ice cream(not all at once!!)

I think it's my hormones(ladies you can relate) Today will be a better day!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Laurel, Good job on the weight loss.

Betty-Let me know how cutting out dairy works for you. I get you about the hormones. I have always craved chocolate at that time. We should find some lowcarb versions if temptation strikes.

All my clothes are getting bigger!

Last edited by Neezie; 08-11-2012 at 10:28 AM..
Old 08-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, all!

Now that I'm no longer a lurker, I thought I would post my stats update here...

I started Atkins on 11 May of this year and I weigh and measure once a month, on the 11th. So, today is weigh-day!

Since starting, I've lost:
- Pounds, 28.5 (235 lbs to 206.5 lbs)
- Ankles, 0" change
- Calves, 1/2" left, 1/4" right
- Thighs, 1/4" left, 3/4" right
- Hips, 1-3/4"
- Waist, 1/2"
- Arms, +1" left (?!), -1/2" right
- Wrists, 0" change

My waist measurement is actually UP^ 1" from last month. And last month, my thighs were BOTH larger than they were when I first measured in May! So the measurements have jumped around a bit.

I lost exactly 10 scale pounds between 11 May and 11 June. Then another 10 scale pounds between 11 June and 11 July. I lost 8.5 scale pounds between 11 July and today.

My brothers, cousins, ex-boyfriends, and close pals are all bodybuilders. So I have been doing weight training workouts, as directed by a close homie of mine who is training me. Since starting in May, I do upper body weight training on Mondays (30 minutes). Interval cardio for 20 minutes on Tuesdays. Lower body weight training on Wednesdays (30 minutes). Interval cardio for 20 minutes on Thursdays. 2-mile outdoor walk (3 miles-per-hour) on Fridays.

I am still on Atkins induction, less than 20 total grams of carbs per day. Veggies = 1 cup per day + 2 cups salad veggies. I weigh and measure everything I eat. I am not diabetic, but I test my blood glucose when I first wake up and then 30 minutes after each meal.

Sundays are my nutrition "cheat" days. I stay under 20g carbs. However, I don't limit myself to 4 oz cheese and I have cream and nuts on Sundays. On Sundays, I've been making "treat" meals. Like, tomorrow I will have stuffed jalapenos, creme brulee (made with xylitol instead of sugar), saganaki made from Kasseri then broiled in olive oil, and chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and feta then "breaded" in a mixture of ground sunflower seeds and parmesan cheese then fried in olive oil to set the breading and baked.

C'est ca!
Tril
Old 08-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Job Laurel!!-I have yet to weigh myself. I don't want to be let down, you know?
But I may weigh once a week to see if cutting dairy affects me. Drinking black coffee as we speak!
And I don't have any studies, lol. I just like reading articles

Good job Salis!!! you can DO IT!

Big Stevie- your dinner sounded yummy!!

How did that person attach her ****** page? That was cool!

I was kinda floundering yesterday. I had probably a spoonful of peanut butter, 2 mini hershey chocolates and a couple bites of ice cream(not all at once!!)

I think it's my hormones(ladies you can relate) Today will be a better day!!!
I just took a screen shot, cropped it and uploaded it to my Photobucket account. :-)
Old 08-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Trillex!
How do you feel without carbs with all the training? I'm about to hit the gym pretty hard again once the kids are back to school.
Are you going to stay on induction till your close to your goal?

I think it does get easier as long as you stay but I wonder if the body just adapts after awhile.

Meals today:
4 scrambled eggs
4 turkey sausage links
Flax 'cereal.' (I discovered that if you don't add the egg, it becomes more like a hot yummy mush!)

Deli ham
w/cream cheese
and dill pickles

Hamburger w chinese veggies(and soy)

Giving up dairy starts Monday..I'm nervous! I'm gonna go cold turkey with the cream cheese and butter too

It will be ok!!! right?
lol
I've always wanted to try this little experiment!
Old 08-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

You're brave, Betty. Cheese and cream have kept me sane on this woe. But it's worth trying to see if it helps you.

Trillex, Thanks for all that info and CONGRATS on the loss. Sounds like you've got a plan that works great for you.

I learned the hard way today that sugar alcohols and I don't get along. Yikes I had some sugar free pancake syrup made with maltitol? and I have been queasy all day.

I was able to put on an old ring that didn't use to fit today. I am so blessed that my obsession with food seems to be gone.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Hello Everyone.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Just got back from the amusement park. Had a great day but boy was it hot. I felt like I was getting heat stroke at one point. Anyway, the food worked out for me fine. I ate Ham and 2 eggs before I left. I took a 1 hard boiled egg, a pickle and Atkins bar with me. I drank a couple bottles of water and two large ice teas. For late lunch/dinner I ate a bacon burger with cheese and no bun, a salad with oil and red wine vinegar, and some broccoli. It only cost me $13, LOL. When I got home I had a small piece of cheese, 4 olives and a bite of ham. All in all, I think I did pretty well. I was proud of myself.

Laurel, relax. Your menu looks pretty good to me. Your a little over on carbs but at least they are coming from vegetables. I don't think any of us got fat eating too many vegetables. I have been having this same issue when I count carbs and I know I ate too much broccoli today but I am not going to sweat it and neither should you.

1.5 pounds could be for a variety of reasons. Maybe too much water retention for the day. Remember, most of us are drinking over 7 pounds of water a day, (I am drinking 8.4 pounds which is what a gallon weights.) Keep body measurements and more importantly get some clothes that are too tight right now and let them be your gauge instead of the scale. You will get into them soon. I got into a size 2 inches smaller in the waist today. It was a good feeling.
LOVE reading about your success! Maybe I can go to a movie without popcorn, if you can do this!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
Holy cow. I know that I shouldn't be weighing myself, but I'm doing a 40 day weight loss challenge with one of my coworkers and we weigh in every Friday, so there was no way around it. I've dropped the weight that I gained and then some. I'm 1.8lbs down from a week ago. I do think that I will start limiting my artificial sweetener to see if that helps accelerate things next week, but I feel so relieved to finally be losing that this is great news!
That is so impressive! Congratulations!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Trillex!
How do you feel without carbs with all the training? I'm about to hit the gym pretty hard again once the kids are back to school.
Are you going to stay on induction till your close to your goal?
Hi, Betty!

When I first started working out in May, I was in such poor physical condition that my heart would race, my skin would get clammy, and I would feel extremely nauseous when I made minimum exertion. And I got tired freakishly quickly. But I was HORRIBLY out of shape. The problem was my physical condition, not my diet. I hadn't done anything that requires physical exertion in a few years. Honestly! I've gone to extreme lengths to avoid walking more than a block because walking more than a block left me panting, with an aching back.

My trainer is a close friend, and he's training me for free, so he pushes me extremely hard and won't accept any excuses. He's, like, "You give me 100% or you're on your own, chula! I'm not here to waste my time." So I had to just push through the nausea, get my breathing under control and keep going. By our fourth or fifth week of training, I was where he wanted me to be. He has me working to failure with heavy weights (for a woman at my stage of training). My upper body reps, for example, start at 10 lbs and move up to 25 lbs for some exercises. Basically, I can only do a few reps in the last set. My buddy's a big believer in isolation, so I'm moving these weights, that feel super heavy to me, very slowly through the movements and it's INTENSE! But I can physically do it! At this point, the mental part is harder than the physical part.

You aren't really heavy, Betty. You're just looking to lose a few pounds, and I'm sure you do more exercise than I previously did! So I can't imagine you having a problem in the gym!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

I'm not as heavy as some folks here,no. but I'd still like to drop 20-30lbs(or in a size 6-8, whichever comes first) for my height..and have been trying to do so for the last 5 years.
It won't go anywhere!(aside from a lo carb/lo fat diet/lo cal diet)

I don't have problems in the gym..I love the gym!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

I made it through the day safe and sounds

Tomorrow starts my two week no-dairy challenge! And also am recommitting to tracking my foods..kinda fell off that this week since I wasn't counting calories.

My meals today-

~4 scrambled eggs w/cheese)bye cheese!!
flax 'cereal'

~ham, cream cheese(bye cream cheese!) and dill pickles

~Drumsticks
w/cauliflower
Closed Thread