Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Thanks!!!

So here are my foods for the day

~ A double flax muffin
3 turkey sausage links

~ BLT(bacon and tomato wrapped in lettuce)
w/2 tbsps mayo
2 hard boiled eggs

ummm, starving..

~ Beef cubes w/broccoli

Somehow I'm at 1854 cals for the day

PROTEIN-135
FAT- 126
CARBS- 42
FIBER- 23

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
Thanks!!!

So here are my foods for the day

~ A double flax muffin
3 turkey sausage links

~ BLT(bacon and tomato wrapped in lettuce)
w/2 tbsps mayo
2 hard boiled eggs

ummm, starving..

~ Beef cubes w/broccoli

Somehow I'm at 1854 cals for the day

PROTEIN-135
FAT- 126
CARBS- 42
FIBER- 23
Please stop counting calories for the first 4 or 5 days. Atkins says you never need to count them. The theory is most people won't overeat fats and protein and I believe him. If for some reason you don't lose weight after a couple weeks of doing this, then look at the calories to figure out where you might be going wrong.

It will take your body a couple of days to adjust to eating this way. You need to keep your fats up. They should be around 60%. Feed yourself if you are hungry with fats and proteins. You should never be hungry on this diet. If you are, you are doing it wrong. After a couple of days of eating high fat and protein, you won't be hungry anymore.

If you stay calorie restricted, you won't get past that very important first step. Trust in the plan. Read the induction section from the Atkins book again. And then relax a little. You can do this.

In addition to losing weight, I feel so much better now. I just finished my first 2 weeks of induction. I am going to stay on induction because I need to loose another 65 pounds.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kellycraig
Stats: 240/240/160
Start Date: August 9 2012
South Beach Cereal bar on induction

Today is my first day and i had a south beach cereal bar for breakfast and just saw it has 17 carbs.. so I just had some roast beef and cheese for lunch. I hope this didnt blow it already for me.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #274
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Klynne
Stats: 261/257.8/130
Start Date: 7/20/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycraig View Post
Today is my first day and i had a south beach cereal bar for breakfast and just saw it has 17 carbs.. so I just had some roast beef and cheese for lunch. I hope this didnt blow it already for me.

[/url]
Kelly!

No ma'am, you have not blown it. Look, the big thing is that when we realize we have messed up, we don't let it get us down, and we keep going! We will all mess up at some point in time! Life is messy, and we do make mistakes, but the trick to making it work for you is to never give up!

Kerensa
Old 08-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
How do you get the ticker on your profile? I tried all three links and the image does not stay on my profile....Hmmmmmmm?

Quote:

[/url]
Old 08-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

[/url]
You haven't blown anything. For the first couple of weeks try to eat real food not packaged stuff. Go to the store and stock the fridge. Hard boil a dozen eggs and have them ready for when you need to eat on the run. Good luck. Congratulations on starting. Go for it you can do it and you will feel better.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #277
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristall
Stats: 286/258/145
Start Date: 06/10/12
OMG... I made that flax muffin in a minute. It was so yummy! Totally felt like a bread cheat!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neezie
Stats: 238.2/getting smaller!/130
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: July 2012
Welcome, Nikki! You'll get there. Maybe post your menus and on ****** to see what's going on.

Welcome dtnj0618!

Glad to have you back, Betty! Hopefully, the scale is kind! Some people do diets on here to shake up their body's set point. High cals one day, low the next, high carb one day, low the next. I can't do that because of my hypoglycemia, but it works for some people.

Sails, At least the scale is moving in the right direction!

Kerensa, Your menu looks delicious and great. Yeah, if I worked at a movie theater, I might get sick of popcorn that way, too!

You're right, Big Stevie. F the scale. (Forget..)

Welcome, Kelly! Yeah, I try to stick to all natural foods in induction, but do what works for your body.

Kristall- I know. That one minute muffin tastes just like bread to me!

I have been doing my visualizing of myself thin and got some hypnosis type visualization audio that helps me really imagine myself thin. It's really cool.
I have really noticed my appetite is gone lately.

Today:
B- Sausage and eggs
L- 1/2 piece chicken and some broccoli
s- One Minute muffin, one piece cheese, handful of peanuts(I know, not supposed to have them on induction)
D-??
Old 08-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

All really good advice..thanks!!

I really hate counting calories..but I've gone so long without counting(and not losing) so I thought I'd try something different.

But for the rest of the two weeks I won't. I'll just consider this an adjustment phase.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

I wish we didn't have to count veggie carbs..thats my only complaint about this part.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #281
Junior LCF Member

Don't get yourself too down, Betty! It's like Neezie told me before, tweak it until it works!

Neezie - It is true that self talk really does work. Some people scoff at it, but it is amazing what we can do with the correct mindset!

Well I gotta head for work in a couple of minutes, so I am gonna make this one short and sweet (without the sugar of course )

B- OMM w/ cream cheese, 2 slices bacon, and coffee with cream and stevia
L- Leftover country style ribs and salad
S- 10 black olives and 2 cheesesticks
D- Chili relleno skillet and a small side salad

I hope everyone has an amazing day!
Kerensa
Old 08-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, trying not to!!

Just back from the gym and I am starrrrving!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #283
Junior LCF Member

lol..yup! Going to the gym does tend to have that effect! But... good for you!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Still waiting on the swoosh fairy, so no change on the scale today, but I'm not giving up....I now realize that I'm just a SLOW loser than most and that it's going ot take me a little bit longer to get to my goal....Thanks for all of the support everyone

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, flax muffin, 1 turkey chedder sausage, 1 deviled egg (ate big breakfast today - LOL)
L: 1 Turkey chedder sausage, 1 deviled egg, 1 peach (usually don't eat this, but I fell into temptation )
D: crab leggs & butter
Old 08-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Kerensa, that self talk is really working for me. It is really helping me to feel thin! I cut out a picture of someone who has my ideal body and I look at it and study how it would feel to be that thin. I also stopped weighing myself and am just acting like I am already at my goal weight. I have noticed that I am not as concerned with food. My clothes and rings are getting bigger and I am able to stay on Atkins without any issues!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Marilyn(Sails), I love your attitude. Also, I love that you idea of cheating is eating a peach. Now, that is healthy LOL. Have you used the ketosticks to see if you are in ketosis? I have been using mine and always seem to be in ketosis, which is cool.

Betty- I hear you about veggie carbs. I feel like lettuce, celery, and cucumbers are really safe ones for me, carb-wise.

I have been noticing a real desire lately to move my body in fun ways. I have been golfing, running, playing tennis, etc. All because I have so much more energy on this woe.

Today:
B- Low carb Linda's pancakes. SO two pieces bacon
L- one chicken breast
s- handful of peanuts(I have got to get away from the peanuts by not buying them anymore )
D?

Hope you
Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

I've seen others mention them, where do your purchase them from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezie View Post
Marilyn(Sails), I love your attitude. Also, I love that you idea of cheating is eating a peach. Now, that is healthy LOL. Have you used the ketosticks to see if you are in ketosis? I have been using mine and always seem to be in ketosis, which is cool.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Just made a batch of Linda's Low Carb Vanilla ice cream (its only 3 carbs)....I'll let it freeze overnight and hope it turns out good, I'll post tomorrow.......AND hoping that the swoosh fairy visits me tonight
Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

My meals yesterday:

4 scrambled eggs w/cheese and jalapenos
and deli ham
A large tomato(it's like 7 carbs) meh

More ham+cream cheese
and dill pickles

Shrimp+Broccoli Parm
and Meatballs

Neezie- your meals are so tiny!

Where is everyone?? Seems like it got quiet around here. Today is my 3rd day back on and it's getting easier..not sure when to check my weight after last weeks debauchery(ok it wasn't that bad!)
Old 08-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

I'm staying AWAY from the scale for a few days, because I'm starting to feel down each time and that NOTHING happens I see the success of so many and is VERY much encouraged, but dang it hurts when I know that I am eating healthy, drinking water and tracking everything that I eat and still no swoosh fairy....The first week was amazing, I had lost 5.5lbs, but the second week I only lost .4lbs, and now that I am in my third week, I have lost ZERO.....I will NOT give up!!!!! I will NOT give up!!!!! I will NOT give up!!!!! I really am feeling better and though I don't see anything signficant with my clothes or rings I still feel good and is liking myself more and more each day....Yes, there has been times that I was tempted to say "just forget it" and normally I would go and binge on something unhealthy like a burger,fries and shake,but I'm NOT going to give up!!!!! I really am feeling better....I think the problem is that I need to incorporate the unthinkable into my daily routine, which is "exercise" - LOL.....I'm just kidding, but I think that this may help boost my weight loss.....So, with that said, last night I went online to my local library and registered for some FREE yoga DVDs....I figure that I will start off with some yoga moves because they are suppose to be less on my knees (I have a bad right knee that gives me trouble all the time)....Below is today's menu and I'll update later on how my low carb vanilla ice cream taste later....Once again, THANKS for all of the support and encouragement

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 4 slice turkey bacon, 2 deviled eggs
L: 1 turkey chedder sausage, 2 deviled eggs
D: 1 cup romaine salad (diced ham, crumbled bacon) blue cheese dressing
S: 1 cup Linda's low carb vanilla ice cream
Old 08-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Salis- I know how you feel. I'm a slow loser, lol..I have hashimoto's hypothyroid. My metabolism always runs slow, boooo.

The only way I've been able to drop the lbs in the past was to do a low carb AND low fat diet..it was only meant to be for weeks at a time, but sadly, it worked. 10lbs a month!

Really don't want to go that route again..it's like the last thing on my list. I wanted to learn the right way.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #292
Junior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! I have a feeling this is probably going to be a long post (sorry about that) but I have a lot on my mind right now.

Yesterday, I had what I call a "Hungry Day". Now I am not sure exactly what causes me to have them, maybe it's hormones . On those days, I feel like no matter what I eat, it is not enough, I am still STARVING. Usually those days happen right about the time that I am ovulating, so maybe it is just my body's way of gearing me up, who knows. Anyhow, I realized I was having one of those days yesterday when I ate my snack, lunch, and an extra can of tuna with some mayo in about 45 minutes and realized I was still starving! I decided to put a stop to it quickly by making some of Linda's cinnamon sugar pork rinds. I think the reason it worked was probably the calories from the butter, and they were SO SO SO YUMMY! But what I really want to know is do any of you have days like this?

It kind of leads me to the next thing on my mind. I posted a few days ago that I was making my own BBQ sauce, and I did. But when I put it in my tracker afterwards, there were a lot more carbs than the recipe says there should have been, and I stuck to the recipe to the tee. So maybe the BBQ sauce spiked my blood sugar? There are also some things I have been looking at in my tracker, that have been making me question a key point in Atkins. In the book, he says to make sure to buy things without sugar. I am finding this really truly difficult. Even my plain full fat cream cheese has .5 grams of sugar per ounce. The salad dressing I use (Ken's full flavored) has one gram. Is it possible to buy things without sugar?

I went to Walgreens yesterday with DH. He was looking for a blood pressure cuff (more on that later). I decided while we were there to look for some ketostix. They were completely sold out! Oh well, I guess I will have to check back later on to see if I can get some right after they get a stock in. Back to the blood pressure cuff. One of the reasons we (my DH and I) hopped into this WOE was because of his blood pressure! He had hit stage one hypertension, which of course worries me. So I told him, he wasn't getting out that easy, this marriage was for life, and we both went Atkins. Long story short, after he bought the blood pressure cuff yesterday, (after three weeks of this WOE) his blood pressure is at a normal level . He insisted taking mine as well, and mine was 101/72 (thats low/normal, also generally in the range where an atheletes BP falls) .

Down to the menu for the day:
B - OMM w/cream cheese, one egg, three sausage links, and my usual coffee
L - Leftovers- chili relleno skillet and small salad
S - 10 black olives and 2 cheesesticks
D - Smoked salmon quiche with dill and small side salad

Betty - I am sure everything will work out. Sometimes we have to retrain our bodies when it comes to metabolism. Just keep plugging along, and something will give.

Sails - You know and I know that you are doing everything right, and the scale will show it! I read someone's post the other day that she felt like the third day, the third week, and the third month were the hardest! I don't know if that's true or not, but I know personally that I have been struggling a bit this week. Just keep on keeping on! Oh, also, the ketosticks - you can find them at most drugstores, usually near the pharmacy where they keep the diabetics supplies.

Neezie - Betty is right! Your meals seem so small to me! I don't know if I could make it, but hey...if it is working for you, Go for it girl!

Sorry again that this post was so long. I think I just needed to get some things off my chest. I hope everyone has a splendid day!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #293
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nikki1965
Stats: 265/246/168
Start Date: 2nd July 2012
[QUOTE=Neezie;15854885]Welcome, Nikki! You'll get there. Maybe post your menus and on ****** to see what's going on.

Thank you Neezie...it's really nice to meet you and all x
The week is going well and I have stayed off the scales (after weighing in on Monday that is)...it can be disheartening otherwise...feel better for staying off..
...please could you point me in the direction of a flax muffin recipe....

Last edited by Nikki1965; 08-08-2012 at 08:54 AM..
Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #294
Junior LCF Member

Nikki - This is the one that most of us use! It really truly is delicious!

Induction Fiendly Individual Muffin - LowCarbFriends Recipes

Have a good day hon!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you may get a whoosh soon, Klynne. I always noticed my appetite would SOAR and then the next day or two, WHOOSH!!

don't know why that is.

I'm sure you can't buy complete sugar free. Just not processed stuff, you know?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #296
Junior LCF Member

yea, I know what you mean, and truth be told, I really try to stay away from the processed. It is a bit disheartening when I buy all natural, and then find there is still sugar in it though.

Like for instance, the BBQ sauce I made. I used tomato sauce and paste, vinegar, some splenda, and then spices. Then I look at the details on my tracker, and per serving it has 3.7 grams of sugar! It is immensely frustrating!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #297
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nikki1965
Stats: 265/246/168
Start Date: 2nd July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
Nikki - This is the one that most of us use! It really truly is delicious!
Have a good day hon!
Klynne....thank you so much
I can't believe how simple the recipe is...
You have a good day too x

Last edited by Nikki1965; 08-08-2012 at 01:11 PM..
Old 08-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

I think we all have hungry days. Since I have been on Atkins for the past 17 days I have had two. One came the day after I had a couple shots of Vodka. The next came the day after I drank a bunch of ice tea. Maybe that was just by coincidence or maybe they were related. I think it will take each of us some time to figure this lifestyle out. We need to figure out what triggers cravings for us and stay away from that stuff.

Clothes are fitting looser. I haven't been on the scale I am just gonna wait. I am feeling a lot better and I can see results, I really don't want a scale to knock me off track.

Going to an amusement park tomorrow and it is hot (around 100). I am still trying to figure out what I can bring with me for snacks and food. I will be there all day. Atkins bars will melt. I am not sure about eggs, cheese is out. Maybe vegetables. Any food ideas would be really helpful.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurel
Stats: 188/168/135
Start Date: 7/2012
Low sugar beef jerky?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Amusement parks are tough.
They have food that you can make friendly but it's expensive! I'd probably just do the best you can and not weigh yourself for a couple more weeks
Have FUN!!

My meals yesterday:

~shrimp and broccoli parm(with meatballs)
I know, weird.

~Ham w/cream cheese rolled up with dill pickles

~steak and broccoli

I think I'm having a hungry day..I woke UP hungry. That hardly ever happens.
Closed Thread