Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: socaligirl714
Stats: 310/286/180
Start Date: Restart-06/18/12
breakfast... without eggs!

What do you guys usually have for breakfast...
So far i have had sausage & with 1 egg and 1 egg white
for the past two days.

i'm actually surprised i was able to have it twice already, I really dont like eggs but i put some tapatio and cheese and its okay. But i am really looking for something else to subsitute.. Maybe i need to make bigger meals usually i try to make dinner last two days. At least enough for dinner and the next days lunch.

Last edited by socaligirl714; 06-19-2012 at 09:23 AM..
socaligirl714 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thealything
Stats: 238/196/138 5'7"
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: restart March '12
I eat eggs for any meal, not just breakfast. I do fried or scrambled eggs with bacon, oopsies, omelettes, quiche, or poached eggs over sauteed veg or ground beef.

but you can be creative and eat any food for breakfast. have a chicken breast, have a steak. or you can just do a breakfast meal minus the eggs. like bacon with sauteed veggies.
thealything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: porcupine73
Stats: 208/152/150, male 5'9", 39 y/o
WOE: Cure Tooth Decay, no snacks,slow burn weights+HIIT
Start Date: January 2010
For breakfast I often go with ground beef cooked in bacon fat in a cast iron cake pan, because it is quick and tasty. I also alternate with having organ meats by themselves or mixed in a few times per month. Eggs are great too. Normally leaving the yolks unbroken is suggested, so as to preserve the cholesterol. Otherwise the cholesterol will likely oxidize (free radicals) during cooking. Egg quality makes a enormous difference too. Storebought factory produced eggs are often allergenic because of the poor quality of food given to the hens.
porcupine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

THanks maybe i will try some Veggies and meat... I want to try to mae quiche or something maybe to hide the taste of eggs.

i dont know why i just have never really liked eggs.. My dad recently bought chicks for eggs.. hopefully those will change my mind.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: porcupine73
Stats: 208/152/150, male 5'9", 39 y/o
WOE: Cure Tooth Decay, no snacks,slow burn weights+HIIT
Start Date: January 2010
Once they become pullets and start laying eggs, if they can get sunshine, grass/weeds and insects, that makes the eggs very tasty. It is a night and day difference between eggs produced by hens in those conditions vs the industrially produced supermarket eggs.
porcupine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MadCommodore
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by socaligirl714 View Post
THanks maybe i will try some Veggies and meat... I want to try to mae quiche or something maybe to hide the taste of eggs.

i dont know why i just have never really liked eggs.. My dad recently bought chicks for eggs.. hopefully those will change my mind.
This is a good one my parents used to make as a kid

a 2 inch square of green pepper sliced very thinly in 2 inch strips
half a small onion (shallot size) cut into very thin strips again
1 small tomato cut into, you guessed it, thing strips

Fry that lot up in olive oil gently to soften and then add a chilli deseeded cut into the pan if you like spicy food. Whisk up one large egg (I substitute egg white for single cream) add plenty of salt and black pepper and then scramble the eggs with the vegetables all together and serve

Makes eating eggs a whole lot more pleasant as soon as you wake up
MadCommodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCommodore View Post
This is a good one my parents used to make as a kid

a 2 inch square of green pepper sliced very thinly in 2 inch strips
half a small onion (shallot size) cut into very thin strips again
1 small tomato cut into, you guessed it, thing strips

Fry that lot up in olive oil gently to soften and then add a chilli deseeded cut into the pan if you like spicy food. Whisk up one large egg (I substitute egg white for single cream) add plenty of salt and black pepper and then scramble the eggs with the vegetables all together and serve

Makes eating eggs a whole lot more pleasant as soon as you wake up

thanks i am going to try it.. i usually just make scrambled eggs 1 whole egg and 1 egg white just by itself. maybe i need to add to it thanks!
Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MadCommodore
I'm not a huge fan of eggs either, I usually had a bit of single cream and lots of flat leaf parsley and have it with Cyprus cheese fried (Haloumi, Helim)

Actually sometimes I substitute a fried egg/scrambled egg with a thick slice of fried Cyprus cheese (half way between taste and texture of cheddar and fresh mozzarella balls) and have that with some fried bacon, sausage, mushrooms and tomato. Actually might have that tomorrow

Last edited by MadCommodore; 06-19-2012 at 01:47 PM..
MadCommodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
I had leftover steak from last night and sauteed mushrooms for breakfast this morning. Yum! Also caramelized onions with meat is a tasty breakfast.

Cottage cheese mixed with stuff you like is good for breakfast. My favorite way is mixed with pepper and cherry tomatoes. DH likes berries mixed in with his. You could mix in sauteed veggies and that would be yummy too.

I used to make protein shakes for breakfast which were so tasty and filling. I used frozen strawberries, a scoop of vanilla protein powder, a few squirts of DaVinci Vanilla sugar free syrup, some ice cubes, and usually a raw egg (you can't taste it but it makes it foamy and adds protein), and about a half cup of either cottage cheese or ricotta cheese. Whiz that in your blender and it is tasty and delicious! If you don't want the frozen berries, you can just sub the sugar free syrup flavor of your choice. Or make it chocolate, with chocolate protein powder and about a tablespoon of cocoa powder and either vanilla or chocolate flavored syrup. I've also used chocolate flavored almond milk-the sugar free version of course. Adding a tablespoon of peanut butter is awesome too. Tweak around till you find the combos that tickle your tastebuds and fill your tummy.

There are lots of recipes for microwave coffee cup cakes, that are packed with protein and would make a good breakfast too.

"The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment."

"Our perception gathers proof that our beliefs are right."
Kattbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sya_unit
Stats: 254/184/140
WOE: Atkinsish
Start Date: Jan 3, 2012
Between exercise in the morning and having to leave the house before 6AM I don't have time to cook scrambled eggs or anything - unless I make crustless quiche on the weekend I usually have dinner for breakfast, MIM with cream cheese, or chia seed pudding, or a protein smoothie, or a bunless hamburger...mmm blue cheese bacon burger. YUM But as you climb the rungs you can do low carb yogurt, make a
sya_unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCommodore View Post
I'm not a huge fan of eggs either, I usually had a bit of single cream and lots of flat leaf parsley and have it with Cyprus cheese fried (Haloumi, Helim)

Actually sometimes I substitute a fried egg/scrambled egg with a thick slice of fried Cyprus cheese (half way between taste and texture of cheddar and fresh mozzarella balls) and have that with some fried bacon, sausage, mushrooms and tomato. Actually might have that tomorrow
Maybe i need to get me some different cheeses to try.. I am going to look for that one next time i go to the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattbelly View Post
I had leftover steak from last night and sauteed mushrooms for breakfast this morning. Yum! Also caramelized onions with meat is a tasty breakfast.

Cottage cheese mixed with stuff you like is good for breakfast. My favorite way is mixed with pepper and cherry tomatoes. DH likes berries mixed in with his. You could mix in sauteed veggies and that would be yummy too.

I used to make protein shakes for breakfast which were so tasty and filling. I used frozen strawberries, a scoop of vanilla protein powder, a few squirts of DaVinci Vanilla sugar free syrup, some ice cubes, and usually a raw egg (you can't taste it but it makes it foamy and adds protein), and about a half cup of either cottage cheese or ricotta cheese. Whiz that in your blender and it is tasty and delicious! If you don't want the frozen berries, you can just sub the sugar free syrup flavor of your choice. Or make it chocolate, with chocolate protein powder and about a tablespoon of cocoa powder and either vanilla or chocolate flavored syrup. I've also used chocolate flavored almond milk-the sugar free version of course. Adding a tablespoon of peanut butter is awesome too. Tweak around till you find the combos that tickle your tastebuds and fill your tummy.

There are lots of recipes for microwave coffee cup cakes, that are packed with protein and would make a good breakfast too.
But i cant have fruit in induction i am going to try a shake with fruit once i can start having it... I actually want to try a shake! i think that would be yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sya_unit View Post
Between exercise in the morning and having to leave the house before 6AM I don't have time to cook scrambled eggs or anything - unless I make crustless quiche on the weekend I usually have dinner for breakfast, MIM with cream cheese, or chia seed pudding, or a protein smoothie, or a bunless hamburger...mmm blue cheese bacon burger. YUM But as you climb the rungs you can do low carb yogurt, make a
Yea i think i need to just start having dinner for breakfast... and bacon cheeseburger on a bed of lettuce is my lunch... cant wait
Old 06-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Like I said in my post, you can make a shake without fruit. If you really want one reread it or there are tons of threads about protein shake recipes. If you're tired of eggs and meat it's a tasty alternative.
Have a good breakfast!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CindyF
Stats: 154/144/129
Start Date: May 30, 2012
I don't eat eggs at all! My daily breakfast is 4 pieces of bacon, few slices of tomato with salt & pepper. If I am really hungry I add some cheese.
CindyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hawkeye
Stats: 275/265/175
Start Date: June 12th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sya_unit View Post
I just nuke my eggs for 2 minutes. Taste fine.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

i tried linda's sue "easy rise breakfast" its baked and to test it out i made a 1/4 of the recipe and put it in a cupcake pan instead a regular pan. must say mine doesn't look too good, but very yummy and not very egg tasting.

Last edited by socaligirl714; 06-21-2012 at 07:05 AM..
Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattbelly View Post
Like I said in my post, you can make a shake without fruit. If you really want one reread it or there are tons of threads about protein shake recipes. If you're tired of eggs and meat it's a tasty alternative.
Have a good breakfast!
I looked up a few coffee ones... even though its not recommended to drink coffee i really need it in the AM. I need to invest in some SF syrups, im used to drinking flavored creamer with Regular coffee's
Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Who doesn't recommend coffee? Nothing wrong with it. I drink it daily.