Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GypsyLizze
Stats: 245+/217.5/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 2009
One Minute Muffins- I'm totally sold!

I have never had luck with any instant microwave breads or cakes before so I was leery of the one minute muffins but it sounded so good and I wanted a quick fix something and that was the only thing that sounded both good and like it wouldn't take forever in the kitchen and leave a ton of dishes. OMG, it was SO GOOD! I did the variation with half almond meal and half flax just because I happen to have both on hand. I also did half coconut oil and half butter instead of just canola oil (for flavor) and added a little vanilla 'cause I add it to all of my sweet baked goods. I could see myself eating a lot more of those! Perfect texture and big enough to fully fill you up. Next I might try some savory seasonings instead. Garlic and herb and then sliced, toasted and topped with an egg fried overeasy? Oh yes I think so! I bet you could even add crumbled bacon to the mix. 'Cause you can never have enough bacon, right?!
GypsyLizze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BakeMeACake
Stats: 240/173/150
Start Date: 30 Jan 2012
I love them too. I try to keep it simple-- flax, cream, egg, and baking powder. I've tried them sweet and savory, definitely like the savory best. I miss having bread with dinner, so I make a 1MM, toast it up, and butter it. I don't even miss bread anymore! If you can afford the extra carbs, add a bit of cocoa powder to the mix and then top the muffin with cream cheese (with a bit of splenda). It's like a mini chocolate cake!
BakeMeACake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GypsyLizze
Stats: 245+/217.5/150
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeMeACake View Post
If you can afford the extra carbs, add a bit of cocoa powder to the mix and then top the muffin with cream cheese (with a bit of splenda). It's like a mini chocolate cake!
Ooh, great idea!
GypsyLizze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Katy
Stats: 299/279/150
WOE: Primal Blueprint 80/20
Start Date: Restart 12/29/13 at 290.5 lbs
How many carbs is in the muffin? I am tempted to try this. I bought some almond flour a few weeks ago and it is not open yet.
Katy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A'smommy
Stats: 144/129/120 5'5
WOE: My way, Lower carb, Low Calorie
Start Date: April 8th, 2014
Where is the recipe for the one minute muffin? Does anyone have it?
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BakeMeACake
Stats: 240/173/150
Start Date: 30 Jan 2012
1MM= Flax Bread
1/4 cup flax meal
1 egg
1 tsp butter or cream cheese or HWC
1 tps baking powder or 1/2 tsp
1 pkt sweetner
Use a round or square tupperware container
Cook in microwave for 1 minute

I leave out the sweetner for less carbs, and I use HWC so I don't have to melt the butter first. I only use 1/2 tsp of the baking powder and it works just fine, rises well and is fluffy and light. I beat the egg with the HWC in the container and then add the flax and baking powder. Make sure to mix well!

When I'm using it as a biscuit, I make it in a smaller round container so it is thick and the size of a biscuit. When I use it as bread, I make it in a square, larger container so it is thinner and shaped like "real" bread. You can also double, triple, etc the recipe (just cook longer), I've tripled it and it worked fine.

I can't remember the exact carb count but I usually estimate about 2 or 3, though I know it's lower. 1 for the egg and 1-2 for the flax (it's on the box and I think it's actually less than 1 for 1/4 cup).
BakeMeACake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A'smommy
Stats: 144/129/120 5'5
WOE: My way, Lower carb, Low Calorie
Start Date: April 8th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeMeACake View Post
1MM= Flax Bread
1/4 cup flax meal
1 egg
1 tsp butter or cream cheese or HWC
1 tps baking powder or 1/2 tsp
1 pkt sweetner
Use a round or square tupperware container
Cook in microwave for 1 minute

I leave out the sweetner for less carbs, and I use HWC so I don't have to melt the butter first. I only use 1/2 tsp of the baking powder and it works just fine, rises well and is fluffy and light. I beat the egg with the HWC in the container and then add the flax and baking powder. Make sure to mix well!

When I'm using it as a biscuit, I make it in a smaller round container so it is thick and the size of a biscuit. When I use it as bread, I make it in a square, larger container so it is thinner and shaped like "real" bread. You can also double, triple, etc the recipe (just cook longer), I've tripled it and it worked fine.

I can't remember the exact carb count but I usually estimate about 2 or 3, though I know it's lower. 1 for the egg and 1-2 for the flax (it's on the box and I think it's actually less than 1 for 1/4 cup).
Thank you so much!
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #8
A&F
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A&F
Stats: 185/138.4/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/12/11
I've been wanting to try these, but I don't have a microwave. Does anyone cook these in the oven, and if so, what temp and how long?
A&F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: juhanna
Stats: 197/184/122
WOE: atkins induction
Start Date: 6th August 2012
I'm wondering if I could use this recipe to makre it in oven, as I don't have microwave, I got few small muffin tins and thought perhaps I should try it in the oven?? anyone ever tried it?
juhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
A&F
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A&F
Stats: 185/138.4/120
Start Date: 7/12/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhanna View Post
I'm wondering if I could use this recipe to makre it in oven, as I don't have microwave, I got few small muffin tins and thought perhaps I should try it in the oven?? anyone ever tried it?
Just made them in the oven using the recipe in this thread. I used a regular sized muffin pan, buttered two of the cups, and split the batter between the two since I didn't know if they would expand at all during cooking, and baked at 350 for 12 min. They turned out perfectly. I'm glad I split the batter. While I'm currently enjoying both, one would be fine for satisfying the craving for something baked, or simply a quick snack.

Enjoy.
A&F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moniruth
Stats: 209/208/150
WOE: Atkins Induction Phase
Start Date: March 5th 2013
Perfect! I don't have a microwave so I will do the oven version- thanks A&F
moniruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GonnaBeSlimmer
Stats: 193/176/140 5'7"
Start Date: April 28 2012
Beware

I saw this thread, and the 1MM sounded so good I had to try it. I made the version with just plain flax (no almond flour). I added a little bit of cream cheese, and it turned out heavenly. I've been having one or two a day, they were just too good to resist. The problem is that in the few days that I've been eating these I've gained 5 POUNDS

Needless to say, I wont be making these anymore.
GonnaBeSlimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 245/Less/Even Less :)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Everyday!
It's a slippery slope with MM's for some. Eat with caution, now I am missing them!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thealything
Stats: 238/196/138 5'7"
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: restart March '12
I too find these hard to resist, and they stall me. sometimes I just need SOMETHING breadlike. I keep the ingredients at work in case I forget my lunch. but I don't make it a regular habit.
thealything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mydear
Stats: 315.5/220.2/199 lbs
WOE: protein & veggies
Start Date: 2/01,1/03, 1/05, 9/06, VSG-12/08, 9/10, 4/12
sad we can't even have anything that looks or act like a muffin... guess i wont be trying these
mydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:11 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

It's sad but true mydear. Some people are okay with eating these, but I am unfortunately not one of those people. The sad part is that these are so freakin good!! The flax meal I have in my cabinet is calling my name but I must resist.

Once I cut these out I've lost 4 of the 5 pounds I gained, so I am back on track! I want to be firmly in the 170's and I am almost there!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaBeSlimmer View Post
I saw this thread, and the 1MM sounded so good I had to try it. I made the version with just plain flax (no almond flour). I added a little bit of cream cheese, and it turned out heavenly. I've been having one or two a day, they were just too good to resist. The problem is that in the few days that I've been eating these I've gained 5 POUNDS

Needless to say, I wont be making these anymore.

May I ask....

How could something ( OMM) that has very little carbs ( the ones i make have just about zero) and low in calories, cause one to gain??? Is it the muffin, or what's put on it??

I use Flax seed 1/4 cup
1Tbl unsweetened apple sauce
2 egg whites
Hersey's coco powder
baking powder
sweetner
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/171/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I'm tempted to try these. Just to have sonething a little differant for breakfast. Hopefully they won't stall me or make me gain
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
May I ask....

How could something ( OMM) that has very little carbs ( the ones i make have just about zero) and low in calories, cause one to gain??? Is it the muffin, or what's put on it??

I use Flax seed 1/4 cup
1Tbl unsweetened apple sauce
2 egg whites
Hersey's coco powder
baking powder
sweetner
The Flax that I use has 4g of carbs per 2 TBSP. Although there is 4g of fiber, which SHOULD be zero net carbs- somehow my body finds a way to turn those carbs into glucose despite the fiber. Also, doesn't apple sauce and cocoa powder have carbs as well? I didn't even add any of that I just used flax, egg, baking powder, vanilla, and a tsp of baking powder. It was still a no go for me personally. I am actually quite devastated because I don't like eggs so much, and these muffins were the perfect breakfast with my morning coffee.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:10 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
The Flax that I use has 4g of carbs per 2 TBSP. Although there is 4g of fiber, which SHOULD be zero net carbs- somehow my body finds a way to turn those carbs into glucose despite the fiber. Also, doesn't apple sauce and cocoa powder have carbs as well? I didn't even add any of that I just used flax, egg, baking powder, vanilla, and a tsp of baking powder. It was still a no go for me personally. I am actually quite devastated because I don't like eggs so much, and these muffins were the perfect breakfast with my morning coffee.

Thank you so much for responding!! I guess my body is not as sensitive as others when it comes to the carbs ( Net or otherwise) . Just goes to show how very different we all are. Back when i was really *strict* low-carbing ( basically, all kinds of meat, eggs, tuna, cheese, mayo, oh and a little lettuce thrown in here and there ) and dropping the weight at a fairly decent rate ( the first 100lbs came off within 8 or 9 months) but, although I felt fine physically, my cholesterol shot through the roof . I know it was totally due to my (then) WOE, because even back when i was 330+ ( scale only went up to 330 and it took a month of LC'ing to actually get a reading, so don't really know what i officially weighed ) anyway, my levels at that time were Okay, surprisingly....

There are some here who say theirs went down...mine didn't...Although I've lost a considerable amount of weight, I never personally counted carbs. Naturally, I am way aware when something is way too "carby" ( like flour, sugar, cake mix, pasta, and so on..) I, 90% of the time, stay away from these. Anyway,after coming off the strict LC routine, I continued on with my journey, doing what I call "LC-My-Way".. To date, I've lost somewhere around 170lbs and proud to say that I've never had a "major" re-gain!!
Oh, don't get me wrong, as I certainly DO fluctuate and over the holidays especially.... I think the biggest gain I've ever had was last year ( very stressful time, although really no excuse..) I gained exactly 20 lbs, over a 12 month period, and I felt it too!! Usually from say, October thru end of December, Ill go up a good 6-8lbs, but quickly get-it-together and the excess comes off.. I allow myself *some* freedom during the holidays, not every day, just perhaps 2x week, depending.. I the holidays and "all-that....that implies ) I always have, always will...

Back to the OMM, I use a small amount of apple sauce for the added moisture and in place of adding any fats. Again, I don't carb count, so I don't even worry about things like Coco, and so on...

Sorry this was long,...but once I get started, watch out..

Ask~~~.Believe~~~Receive....

*Look* *Speak* *Act* ...in the direction you want to go, be or do...

Last edited by wastednuffime; 05-31-2012 at 04:21 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 05:23 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

WOW. That is the most weight I have ever seen anyone lose on this way of eating. Your journey is such an inspiration Anna. You go girl!!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
WOW. That is the most weight I have ever seen anyone lose on this way of eating. Your journey is such an inspiration Anna. You go girl!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!

I been around since 2003 and STILL a work in progress, as ideally ( according to the medical charts ) I'm supposed to be around 140-ish....all I can say to that is..., cause in all honesty, that will never happen!! I already have "Skin" issues, especially on my arms , so going any lower weight wise....scares me , mater of fact, I kinda sorta consider myself in "MY" maintenance right now.

Oh an one more thing, my weight loss is nothing compared to many who were here with me "back-in-the-day". I remember one gal who lost over 300lbs!!,Now talk about....

There was a couple more who lost 200 and many in the 100lb+ loss range. Some of them still post today
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Wow that is awesome !! WTG ! Amazing that you are so dedicated...... KUTGW !

( I love, love, love holiday foods too )
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Wow that is awesome !! WTG ! Amazing that you are so dedicated...... KUTGW !

( I love, love, love holiday foods too )
Thank you!!!

I went from being a major...major...couch potato, who went to work, ( at night) came home and basically just sat on the couch all day, watching TV, sleeping and eating alternately... I lived on all carbs!! I mean i was addicted to potato chips something awful I was a physical mess!!
Anyway, I went from that to working out every day!!! I even started jogging, now who would have thought that!! ...
Old 05-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

I work nights too..... I know how easy it is to chill out on my days off ;/

I do some pilates, but not as much as I should !
Old 05-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
I work nights too..... I know how easy it is to chill out on my days off ;/

I do some pilates, but not as much as I should !
Are you a Nurse too? I think I detect scrubs in your pic
How fortunate you are-really, because your starting weight was my GOAL weight!! Seriously though, you only have a little to loose and you are getting a handle on it now!!! Good for you
Old 05-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep ! Have done a little bit of everything nursing, right now geri psych nights... DH is an ER nurse at another hospital nights.....

What kind of nursing do you do ?

Nights is hard, cause everyone orders Whataburger and pizza all the darn time !
Old 06-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

I currently work Med-Surg, (including Palliative care), but prior to this, I did a LONG stint in ER ( 8 years) and a shorter stint in a LTC facility. I've always basically worked nights and girl, I could write a book on some of the "food-Fest" activities that goes on sometimes,.... er...um,..not that I've partaken in any of them

Ya know what, I don't know what it is about "Us", well some of us anyways...
Because ever since I've lost the weight, "rumors" have floated around on the "how" I did it!! Many of my co/workers, mainly other nurses, ( who happen to be weight challenged themselves) were and still are, totally convinced that i had some form of WLS...,...and couple of years ago, someone began this STUPID and very hurtful rumor that i had cancer , which in their narrow mind, explained my weight loss.

Its kinda funny, yet sad, they would much rather believe those things then accept the *simple* truth....I ATE less and MOVED more, spurred on by a low carb life style...
Old 06-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

I hear ya...... I worked mainly ER for many years ( with prn side jobs in other areas ) Yes, that is sad that people are so jealous that they can't just congratulate you and be happy for you !

Sometimes I wonder about people ........;/

KUTGW ! You are doing awesome
Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
I may not be able to eat these on a regular basis but the good news is that if I ever really want something like a muffin or bread I can go to this. This is FAR better for me than some other choices I won't mention.
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote