Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:05 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karen6072
Stats: 190/165/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 2012
April -Atkins 72 Induction - By the rules

Good morning everyone. I've been on Atkins since early January of this year and have lost weight however over the last month or so my weight has loss has slowed down considerably. I've been doing the carb creep and that hasn't helped. Now after a week of business travel and being in a remote location I've somehow managed to gain 7 pounds.

I realize that our bodies take time to get used to this way of eating and that some of the gain is water BUT I've had enough!

The first month on the 72 plan I was fanatical about what I was eating, lost consistently and felt the best. After that I started tweaking the rules and the loses were slower

Well no more. As of today I'm going back to basics. I'll be tracking everything I eat on ******, keeping carbs to zero and drinking at least 10 glasses of water a day. No tweaking - as they say super clean induction phase

If you would like to join me on this I'd love to hear from you.

Started Atkins induction Jan 2012
Jan. 190
Feb goal. 164 no - 167
March 31 goal 157 I WILL do this
April 31 goal 150
Karen6072 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

My menu for today
Breakfast 3 eggs with bacon
Lunch tuna with mayonnaise and a green salad with ranch dressing
Dinner salmon filet with a green salad with ranch dressing

In between meals water and a trip to the grocery store to restock my low carb items.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquirsw
Stats: 236/209.0/160
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Aug 31st
Your menu sounds great.

I am restarting strict induction tomorrow with the 72 rules. I find them much better and easier to follow than the later books.
jacquirsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:22 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Good morning. I agree for me the 72 rules are much easier to follow. My menu for today is
Breakfast eggs and bacon
Lunch small green salad with ranch dressing
Dinner steak with mushrooms and a salad with cucumbers and ranch dressing

I weigh myself every morning but take Fridays as my official weight to allow for fluctuations. What about you? It's hard not to jump on the scale 10 times a day lol.

Hope you have a great day looking forward to sharing this with you. Karen.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:24 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 175/170/130 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi Karen & Jaqui

I will join you too.

Karen mushrooms are not aloud the first week of induction. After one week you can add the 5-8 carbs and add them back in. But you probably know that

Dr. Atkins " Two small green salads a day (each less tham one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressing with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus......green olives.

Mostly I try to stick to this, but have added a few things back. Cheese is the hard one. If I eat more then 3 onces a day I stop losing.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, sausage
L - buffalo chicken w/blue cheese
D - cheeseburger, onion, mayo, bit of lettuce
S - cheese
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Great to have you

Good catch on the mushrooms. I almost made them. Thanks! Menu looks great. I'm off to make dinner talk soon. Karen.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #7

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
good for you! people think the Atkins '72 plan is lower carb, but if you eat all the "extras" it allows it can easily go over 20 grams net a day (I know you don't net, but what I say is still true)

it's important to know how many carbs you are really getting if you are having any trouble losing. things like lemon juice and spices really add up.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:24 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Hi raven thanks for adding this. I don't know about the others, but for me even though I follow the food lists for the 72 plan I do still count my carbs and ensure that I am in ketosis.

I am happy that I am back on track, and have already lost some of the water weight that I had gained while off plan.

Here's to my day 2
Old 04-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Good morning. I know all about carb creep!! It's soooooooo easy to fall into that trap and then start tweaking. Before I know it no more losing.

I've been doing well and hope to be back to where I was before this last business trip. Still not back in ketosis but I'm sure I will be by Friday

Menu for today
Breakfast Egg omelet
Lunch tuna mayo and a small green salad with ranch
Dinner salmon filet with a small green salad with ranch
Old 04-03-2012, 03:51 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LosinitwithGrace
Stats: 216.3/208.3/175
WOE: Low Carb Living.
Start Date: 6/8/13
Good For you Karen!!
Obviously you can do it!!..

have a GREAT day!
LosinitwithGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:31 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Doing well. Running out of food in the house though I do have lots of eggs....What to feed my family????? Quiche

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 egg, sausage
L - cheeseburger, onion,mayo
D - bacon cheeseburger, mayo, onion
S - coffee,hwc,splenda
Old 04-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mesrour
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: april 2012
first time trying

Hi everyone, I'm new to lowcarbfriends and low-carb diets in general. Just started yesterday, so I was really excited to find this thread. I'm not quite getting the hang of the "fat" component of the diet yet, since it's hard to break into the habit of eating these fats when you're usually told to avoid them when trying to lose weight. I fear that I may be overdoing the protein as a result of not having carbs on the plate. I've read that going over the amount of protein your body requires in a day will raise glucose levels and is therefore not ketogenic.

So I guess this leads to the following question:

When you plan your food for the day, do you pay attention to the amount of protein you eat per meal? Should I add in more fats and reduce my protein portions? Or should I ideally be a bit restrictive with both to increase my chances of weight loss? (Eating within reason of daily caloric intake of course. I'm not planning to gorge myself on meat every meal).

I can't help but feel that I sound very stupid, but I'm really scared that I'm going about it the wrong way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Mesrour; 04-04-2012 at 01:02 AM..
Mesrour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:05 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone. Just doing a very quick check in. Woke up with the worst headache!! Carb withdrawal for sure.

Welcome Mesrour I can't reply right now but I'm sure the others will. Hang in there this WOE really does work. Karen
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Welcome Mesrour. I don't count calories, fat, protein or anything. You should really find the Atkin's book 72' and read it. I love rereading it all the time. I found mine on amazon for cheap. Anyway, the first week is cleaning out everything from your body. You are only aloud (paraphrasing) 2 small salads of 1 cup each, 4 oz cheese, 4 oz cream, all the meat you want. This jump starts your body. If your hungry eat!!!!!! but only the foods aloud. Week 2 you can add back 5-8 carbs. Week 3 5-8 more or just stay at the lower carb count to lose the most weight. Atkin's 72 is a cleaner diet, but you lose faster. No processed foods like shakes and bars. Clean eating......Good luck
Old 04-05-2012, 03:41 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I agree the only thing I count is carbs. Reading the 72 book/plan really helps

Well my headache is still here just not as bad, menu was the same yesterday and today. Sorry I'm not very chatty hoping this headache will lift today. Have a great day Karen.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Karen I hope your headache goes away soon I seem to be climbing on the scale and that's annoying. I am in ketosis, so it has to be water weight and or tom coming. Always a problem for me. I loved seeing the 150 mark, but back up to 154. Not good.....hopefully by the end of the weekend things will adjust and I can get back down. Either way I have still lost. Now to shift into the 140's Haven't seen that in awhile
Old 04-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Hope you feel better Karen. And thanks for the replies. I was convinced that I'd have moved up on the scales, having consumed so much meat over the last two days, but it turns out I've gone down a little. I didn't think I'd have a problem with carb cravings, but yesterday I panicked when I found myself daydreaming about biting into a delicious piece of fruit. Hope to combat this by making something really fatty and indulgent using allowed foods...

Good luck with getting into the 140s! We mustn't let the bouncing back of numbers thwart our convictions. Perseverance to the very end!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone. Well my headache is almost gone. This happened when I first started Atkins in January. I know others get a flu like side affect from changing their diet mine is a major head throb. Didn't feel like eating much yesterday but i sure woke up hungry this morning

Fridays are my official weigh in day so here I go. I'm back down to 165. I was 163 before I left for a week on a business trip to northern Alberta. When I came back I was 170.

So 5 pounds down. My goal is is still 150. 15 more pounds by June 1

I'm going to make a cinnamon omelet this morning for breakfast with davincis zero carb raspberry syrup nice change from my usual bacon and eggs
Lunch will be tuna salad and dinner chicken with blue cheese cream sauce and a salad

I'm planning on taking it easy today - watch a few movies and go out for a long walk with my dog. Tomorrow I'm shopping for a new kitchen table and then meeting my son fro dinner. Greek food - low carb of course!

I hope you all have a great Friday. Karen.

Last edited by Karen6072; 04-06-2012 at 03:58 AM..
Old 04-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

Doing ok. Tom in the house ugh!!! which always puts water weight on me so fighting that. Karen I think your goal is doable. That's 2 months to loose 15lbs. I would love to loose 15 lbs too....We can work on it together....So hopefully today will be a better day. Wanted something to eat last night so had some of my hubbys chili he made. Almost low carb, but not the best for Atkins 72. Back to basics today. Eggs for breakfast like always Think I will reread his book for inspiration and menus.

First goal is to get back to 150 by next Friday and get rid of tom..........152.5 this am.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Good morning. My headache is GONE. Thank goodness for that! The inner brain fog is lifting too. Amazing how are bodies remind us of what we should be doing

I stayed on plan yesterday and will make an omelette for breakfast. Going out this morning for a bit of grocery shopping then meeting my son I'm having dinner with him at a Greek restaurant so I'm sure to find low carb there

Pcaltman - thanks for the kind words. I know we will both attain our goals. It seems for me the last 15 are the hardest. When I first started at 190 the pounds came off every day now the weight fluctuates a lot more. I was doing the carb creep dance and that didn't help lol. Hence the back to basics now.

Hope you all have a great day. Karen
Old 04-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Up a lot this am and don't like it. I bet its tom and chili. UGH!!!! So today need to be good. Feel good today, but cramping a lot. I hate tom......

Karen I would love for you to post your menu's

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, sausage
L - deli,cheese wraps, 2 hotdogs (not good)
D - pizza (not good)
Old 04-08-2012, 05:14 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Easter
Old 04-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls. Sorry I have been MIA, totally blew things over the easter weekend with family and friends, so am having to restart the whole induction thing today. I hope I can get into ketosis quickly as these first few days are always the bit that if I am going to stray I will.
Wish me luck

Todays menu
cheesy scrambled eggs
ham cheese and cucumber roll ups with ff mayo
spicy chicken and salad

snacks if needed chicken, cheese
Old 04-09-2012, 04:32 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back don't beat yourself up! Today is a new day and a fresh start!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. First weekend in months that I didn't work. Not one email sent! I feel extremely rested the naps helped. I didn't realize just how burned out I was

Running a bit late this morning. I'm having eggs and bacon for breakfast and lunch will be tuna salad. Dinner wings and salad

Illnpost more details as to menus later. Hope you all have a great day. Karen.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Jacqui It's ok. Just start fresh today You can do this.....

Had bad leg cramps last night so had a spinach salad late hopefully that helped. Went to bed a fell right asleep. Not getting enough rest. Way too much to do. Today is clean up day. I clean before Easter, set the table and cook all day and then the next day I clean the house again, put everything away and pack up leftovers. I think I need a vacation.....

Bacon and egg for breakfast and ham & cauliflower bisque for dinner. Lunch hum. don't know.....trying to use up leftovers, stick to a budget and stay on plan. Not that easy. After today I might drop back for a few days to basic week 1.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:53 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Have a huge craving for cake and other forbidden pastries Need to calm down and think of all the progress I'd be throwing away. It really scares me that once I do re-introduce carbs to my diet, I'll just revert back to old habits. The food addict in me is trying extra hard to break my determination today...
Old 04-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #27
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
greetings all!!!

i hope this is working for y'all. I am doing VLC based on ATKINS DANDR. I am staying under 10 net grams a day (under 15 when absolutely necessary). I stay away from most FRANKENFOODS, especially those with artificial sweeteners: the candy, the bars, the shakes incl those with the ATKINS name on them. I am fairly close to paleo. I do have an eating disorder, and work very hard to triumph over it. When I am tempted to go off-plan (even for one day-like that's possible), I try to reason it through by reminding myself how physically lousy I feel afterwards, and remembering how good it feels after just 1 or 2 days of recovery. I will stay at VLC, until I can do more intense exercise, then VERY GRADUALLY add back good carbs,until I reach no more than 30-35 a day. That will not happen for some time. Best of luck to us all. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bernsy
WOE: Atkins/Gary Taubes
Good Morning!

I am working off of Atkins DANDR as well as EFGT. This morning I had 2 scrambled eggs with 50 grams (1/2 cup) cauliflower and 6 grams of butter. Lunch will be a salad of 1 cup romaine, 1/2 cup green pepper, 1/2 cup mushroom slices, 5 oz ground turkey meat balls (homemade), a spritz of lemon and 2T olive oil. Dinner will be a 5.5 oz salmon filet with 1 cup broccoli and eith 1T olive oil or coconut oil. Tonight in my green tea I may add 1/2T coconut oil.

Trying to keep protein down to around 80ish grams and trying not to be hungry at the same time. Does this sound ok?
Bernsy is offline   Reply With Quote