Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kellyrm
Stats: 174.2/169.1/155 by June 25th (5'4")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 14, 2012
Slow weight loss

Hi everybody so I'm on day 4 of induction. I am 5'4 and started at 170 (ugh did I mention I weighed 30 lbs less when I delivered my daughter!!!) but anyways! I have lost 1.6 lbs in the 4 days I feel like that sounds good and bad. I know the more you have to loose the faster it comes off, and I know I'm considered to be pretty over weight, so I am wondering what everybody thinks, is this good, should I tweak my menu? Below are the past few days of eating, thanks so much for the help!

B-4 slices of bacon
L-sm taco salad from dell taco
D-2 ground beef patties, 1 with slice of kraft cheese, 6 mushrooms sauteed in butter and garlic powder
S-SF jello cup, 2 baby dill pickles
Water--AB 100 oz
total fat 83G
carbs (after removing fiber) 17g
protein 66g

B-coconut bark piece
L-taco salad--1 crumbled beef patty, 2 c lettuce, 1 roma tomatoe, 4 blk olives, 1 tbls sour cream
D-2 chicken thighs cooked in olive oil and then baked off, 1 cup broccoli
S-jalapeno poppers 4 whole poppers, 2 dill pickles
W--ab 125oz
total fat 98G
carbs (after removing fiber) 7g (had 17g of fiber)
protein 89g

Last edited by kellyrm; 03-12-2012 at 12:04 PM..
kellyrm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nellabella
Stats: 300+/175/159
WOE: LC
Start Date: August 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrm View Post
Hi everybody so I'm on day 4 of induction. I am 5'4 and started at 170 (ugh did I mention I weighed 30 lbs less when I delivered my daughter!!!) but anyways! I have lost 1.6 lbs in the 4 days I feel like that sounds good and bad. I know the more you have to loose the faster it comes off, and I know I'm considered to be pretty over weight, so I am wondering what everybody thinks, is this good, should I tweak my menu? Below are the past few days of eating, thanks so much for the help!

B-4 slices of bacon
D-2 ground beef patties, 1 with slice of kraft cheese, 6 mushrooms sauteed in butter and garlic powder
Water--AB 100 oz
total fat 83G
protein 66g

B-coconut bark piece
L-taco salad--1 crumbled beef patty, 2 c lettuce, 1 roma tomatoe, 4 blk olives, 1 tbls sour cream
W--ab 125oz
total fat 98G
protein 89g
Looks good. You just have to be patient with the weight loss. It will come off.
nellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iheartbacon27
Stats: 156/151/135
The only thing I see is the coconut....coconut is debated for induction bu I s technically a nut so it's for later rungs Of ths woe I think....

Other wise looks good....I'm a slow loser too but it does come off. Last summer I was stalled forever! Then one day ....bam! It all slid off and I made my goal!

But alas....vacation and xmas and 15 lbs....here we go again...lol
iheartbacon27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kellyrm
Stats: 174.2/169.1/155 by June 25th (5'4")
Start Date: May 14, 2012
Thank you both for your responses...hmmm interesting on the coconut, I thought the coconut oil was ok on induction...grrrr thats been helping my sweet tooth!

Thanks, there was a 1.4 drop last night, so thats good, hate seeing the .2, and .3 drops....

Good luck to both of you!
kellyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: legacyy
Stats: 151/145/110
Start Date: Feb 1st, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrm View Post

B-4 slices of bacon
Water--AB 100 oz
total fat 83G
protein 66g

B-coconut bark piece
W--ab 125oz
total fat 98G
protein 89g
Well I am a slow loser too but here is my take..(I did Atkins before too)
I see a lot of stuff here on induction you are not supposed to eat. I would review the allowed list again and stick to that. Whole foods, no processed foods is the way to go.

Taco salad from anywhere other then your own kitchen has hidden carbs, SF Jello...was this in a cup or jello you made on your own? Jello cups..no no..Coconut..big no no...to much sugar. if you need sweet - moc danish..its in the recipe boards. As for the poppers, they are breaded..we on induction cannot eat anything breaded, no fiber from grains. Processed cheese is not allowed either.

I would try foods ideas from Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

It's day four...don't stress. Tighten up on the food a bit and you be perfect..

http://mybattlewiththefluffychick.blogspot.com/
legacyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thealything
Stats: 238/196/138 5'7"
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: restart March '12
uhh, your first day that you posted had only 1079 calories!!! the second day was a little better at over 1200, but uhhh 1200 calories is the MINIMUM a healthy adult should be eating.

go online and find a Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) calculator. figure out your BMR and make sure you are eating AT LEAST that many calories.

also, what is your BMI? 170 is likely overweight but not hugely overweight, as you seem to imply in your OP. when you hear things about "those with more to lose will lose it faster" we're talking about people who are 350 lbs and who are able to lose like 50lbs in three months. so you will likely lose weight a lot slower than that, and that's okay.

Last edited by thealything; 03-20-2012 at 10:01 PM..
thealything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
A lot of the food choices you are making are high in sodium so that can slow down the water loss, which is all we really see in the first week of LC. Also, for perspective, I need to lose 120+ pounds and by day 4, I was only down 2. My body takes a few days to even realize what the heck is going on. So I think you're doing excellent.

If you want suggestions, I say ditch the coconut. When you say coconut bark, does that mean chocolate too? Hopefully not. But ditch the entire thing and try a mock danish - cream cheese, egg, splenda, etc. Or eat a deviled egg. Or a spoonful of chicken salad when you feel hungry/cravings. I'd also make your breakfast and snacks a touch more substantial. Perhaps some eggs w/ the bacon. And maybe instead of jello for a snack you have a cheese stick or deviled egg or turkey dipped in mayo.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaughtULokN2
Stats: 225.8/ 225 / 175 or less
WOE: Low carbing it / Atkins
Start Date: 01/19/11 - Restarting 1/20/2014 @ 225
Some people lose fast and others lose slow. I lose slowly. You are doing great and keep up the good work. I only lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks, but don't compare your weight lose to others. You maybe losing inches and not drop any weight.

I watch the sodium intake and cut out the extra sugars. Like amber said I would get rid of the coconut bark and add in a egg or mock danish or even a MIM (muffin in a minute). Leave the tomatoes off your salads for a few days to kick start you. Make sure you are getting 12 to 15 carbs from induction veggies. Also aspartame (found in SF jello) can slow some people down.

Find a group to join to help you for support, to share your menus, and get ideals.

You are more than welcome to add me as a friend.

Good luck on your journey ahead too!

2014 GOALS
1st - 215 -
2nd - 200 -

3rd - 195 -
4th - 180 -
Finish Line / Or not - 175
CaughtULokN2 is offline   Reply With Quote