Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 831mariposa
Stats: 148/135/135 5'5
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 1/15/12 Atkins Induction, 1/29/12 JUDDD/LC
What weight loss rate is reasonable?

I'm on day 12 of induction, and only need to lose about 13lbs or so total.
I don't know if I've even lost anything at this point, because one day my weight is 145(which would put me at 3lbs) and the next day it's possible to be at 146, 147, or even 148, my starting point. I am expecting my period any day now, so I would like to believe that i will drop to 145 or below after, but I'm not confident that will happen or not. I do weigh everyday, but I have been recording my weight since like Dec.31st, and my weight pattern is up and down over and over again. I'm just confused, I don't understand how to know how much i actually weigh any given day. I'm scared to think I haven't lost anything!
Needing only to lose about 13-15lbs, what should I expect to lose in a week?
I am probably going to extend my induction.
Thoughts??

Last edited by 831mariposa; 01-27-2012 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: typo
831mariposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bunianne
Stats: 182/173.5/145
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 1/12/12
Since you are so close to your goal it may take you a little longer. I lost 8 pds the 1st week 1/2 on induction and now am stalled...the same pound keeps going up and down by 1/2 pd. Makes you want to go back to fat free diet. But that doesn't work either....I need 20 more off.
Bunianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pamalee63
Stats: 255/238/155
WOE: South Beach Phase 1
Hi Mariposa,

Bunianne is right, the less you have to lose, the slower it will come off. Please try not to stress over it. You may only lose about 1/4th of a pound a week now. Make sure you are drinking lots of water. Many people drink half their body weight in water a day...as an example, I am 232 pounds so I aim for 116 ounces of water or more a day.

If you stress over weighing, maybe you should pick your weigh-in day and only weigh once a week. Also, if you aren't already, start taking your measurements and keep up with them once a week. That will give you another way to see if your eating plan is working or not.

Another thing to consider is if you have set your goal weight too low, but then I don't know your height. Your body might think it is at the right weight. Have you checked your BMI? If not, you can find BMI calculators easily on the internet. The top range of a healthy weight is 24.9 or lower. The optimal BMI is 22. (Personally, I'm aiming for the top range for now!)

Also, I would recommend that you have the book for whatever version of Atkins you are doing (if you don't already). Go over the Induction Rules carefully. There may be hidden carbs you are taking in, etc. I think a good way of checking is to do Meat & Eggs only for 2-3 days and see if that jump starts your body. You also might be sensitive to sodium, or artificial sweeteners, etc.

I hope these ideas help!
Pam
Pamalee63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: happyone
Stats: 166.6/151.8/135 -5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 11/31/13
in my experience, i lost a couple of pounds during induction, and slowly drop 3-4 pounds a month, which will slow down to 2-3 pounds when close to goal.

Last edited by happyone; 01-29-2012 at 03:17 PM..
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote