Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #1381

Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Leave it to me to leave some words out of a sentence, but arm wrestle...You probably beat me...

How do you make them. I have only drank one a couple times and I like it. But I dont know how to make it.
Yea I know I could Google it but I wanted to see how you made your. Thought about trying to make one a few weeks ago. One of my dil made me one a couple months ago. It was strong and dry. I like dry. But it was too hot...

Susan I am so nosy.
Can I ask why do you take your supplements at night...
Cocktails: Vodka and diet lemon lime. Sometimes I'll use zero carb/calorie/sugar flavored carbonated water from Wally World. Sometimes I'll use both. Sometimes I'll add a SPLASH of diet blueberry juice. Sometimes I'll use vodka, club soda and a lime wedge. The latter is the least sweet of the choices.

I know, I know, alcohol is not carb friendly. I cannot give up my cocktails, and I don't drink every night. If I drink one or two, include them in my daily calories, and DO NOT OVER SNACK with them, I still lose the next day.

Supplements at night: In case they want to upset my stomach. I take my allergy pill @ night per my doc, so I take everything else (except my super B complex which sometimes gives me TOO much energy) at night.

Passion68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #1382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
Just made a batch of Linda's Low Carb Vanilla ice cream (its only 3 carbs)....I'll let it freeze overnight and hope it turns out good, I'll post tomorrow.......AND hoping that the swoosh fairy visits me tonight
sails92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #1383

Right on, sails!! I made a batch of Clouds-with a dash of orange extract. Yum!!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #1384
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sails92 View Post
Still waiting on the swoosh fairy, so no change on the scale today, but I'm not giving up....I now realize that I'm just a SLOW loser than most and that it's going ot take me a little bit longer to get to my goal....Thanks for all of the support everyone

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, flax muffin, 1 turkey chedder sausage, 1 deviled egg (ate big breakfast today - LOL)
L: 1 Turkey chedder sausage, 1 deviled egg, 1 peach (usually don't eat this, but I fell into temptation )
D: crab leggs & butter
Are you on Atkins induction?
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #1385
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Cocktails: Vodka and diet lemon lime. Sometimes I'll use zero carb/calorie/sugar flavored carbonated water from Wally World. Sometimes I'll use both. Sometimes I'll add a SPLASH of diet blueberry juice. Sometimes I'll use vodka, club soda and a lime wedge. The latter is the least sweet of the choices.

I know, I know, alcohol is not carb friendly. I cannot give up my cocktails, and I don't drink every night. If I drink one or two, include them in my daily calories, and DO NOT OVER SNACK with them, I still lose the next day.

Supplements at night: In case they want to upset my stomach. I take my allergy pill @ night per my doc, so I take everything else (except my super B complex which sometimes gives me TOO much energy) at night.

Sweetie it ant hurtin your weight loss. You are doing great!
Didn't hurt Dr. A's
Didnt hurt mine...

That is the reason I asked you how you made them. Beer has carbs and straight hard drink does nothing to help me relax And personally I dont think a cocktail hurts one bit. The club soda, it has no carbs?

And thank you for the way you make them. Sounds very good.

Last edited by marylouise; 08-07-2012 at 10:15 PM..
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #1386
Senior LCF Member

I'm staying AWAY from the scale for a few days, because I'm starting to feel down each time when NOTHING happens No swoosh fairy for me today I see the success of so many and is VERY much encouraged, but dang it hurts when I know that I am eating healthy, drinking water and tracking everything that I eat and still no swoosh fairy....The first week was amazing, I had lost 5.5lbs, but the second week I only lost .4lbs, and now that I am in my third week, I have lost ZERO.....I will NOT give up!!!!! I will NOT give up!!!!! I will NOT give up!!!!! I really am feeling better and though I don't see anything signficant with my clothes or rings I still feel good and is liking myself more and more each day....Yes, there has been times that I was tempted to say "just forget it" and normally I would go and binge on something unhealthy like a burger,fries and shake, but I'm NOT going to give up!!!!! I really am feeling better....I think the problem is that I need to incorporate the unthinkable into my daily routine, which is "exercise" - LOL.....I'm just kidding, but I think that this may help boost my weight loss.....So, with that said, last night I went online to my local library and registered for some FREE yoga DVDs....I figure that I will start off with some yoga moves because they are suppose to be less on my knees (I have a bad right knee that gives me trouble all the time)....Below is today's menu and I'll update later on how my low carb vanilla ice cream taste for my evening snack....Once again, THANKS for all of the support and encouragement

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 4 slice turkey bacon, 2 deviled eggs
L: 1 turkey chedder sausage, 2 deviled eggs
D: 1 cup romaine salad (diced ham, crumbled bacon) blue cheese dressing
S: 1 cup Linda's low carb vanilla ice cream
Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Sweetie it ant hurtin your weight loss. You are doing great!
Didn't hurt Dr. A's
Didnt hurt mine...

That is the reason I asked you how you made them. Beer has carbs and straight hard drink does nothing to help me relax And personally I dont think a cocktail hurts one bit. The club soda, it has no carbs?

And thank you for the way you make them. Sounds very good.
You are welcome, Marylouise. You are correct regarding carbs. I tried to edit my original post, but it was too late. Plain, clear vodkas have no carbs. Neither does club soda, or the diet lemon lime and carbonated water I use.

A helpful link:

How Many Carbs Are in Vodka?
Old 08-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #1388
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: juhanna
Stats: 197/184/122
WOE: atkins induction
Start Date: 6th August 2012
@sails92
don't get discourage, put the scale away for a week, or longer if you can, stick to the good routine and observe your measurments instead. first time around in atkins, first 2 weeks lost a lot of weight and then it got stuck, how ever my clothes started feeling looser, but weighing myself all the time only dicouraged me. Now I am back and planning to weigh myself only once a week and measure as well.
juhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #1389
Senior LCF Member

You ALL are right that slow will win the race, today I lost another .4lbs which brings me to a total of 5.3lbs in three weeks....Also, Linda's low carb vanilla icream was really good (I just added too much cinnamon and will make adjustment the next time around).....This was a great alternative and satisfied the sweet need - LOL....I can't say enough thank you's to each of you for your encouragement and support....GOD BLESS each of you

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 5 slices turkey bacon, 2 deviled eggs (I only ate the 5th piece because it was the last in the package - lol)
S: microwaved cheese crisps (parchment paper is the key - they slide right off)
L: turkey chedder sausage & 2 deviled eggs
S: low carb vanilla ice cream (Linda's receipe)
D: taco meat (sour cream, cheese & 1tbs peach salsa)
Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #1390
Senior LCF Member

today didn't have an exelent day as hubby is not very supportive, including everyday he buys his high carb godies and eats them in my precense, but don't have time to take me shopping something low carb grrr then I end up eating one of those atkins crispy milk chocolate bars and feeling really rotten

todays menu:

1.5l water a day +
B: 2 cups strong coffe, 2x eggs, 1x frankfurter, 2 small florets of broccley and 2tbs butter
L: 1x Egg, 2x frankfurter, 1 inch slice cucumber, atkins endulge milk chocolate bar
D: can of tuna, 2 tbs olive oil + 2 small florets of broccley (wanted to add olives or something to that but empty cupboard)
Old 08-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #1391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fluffy
Stats: 237.4/232.4/128
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/21/13
Hang in there Juhanna the cravings will get easier. You will run in to temptation just be sure to stay strong and keep a positive attitude It is hard when other household members continue eating all the carby food, but try to keep you will power strong and picture yourself thinner!!! You can do it!!!!

Todays Food

Breakfast: fiesta omlette (eggs, cheese, onions, jalopenos,) water

Lunch: coke zero

Dinner: slice of swiss cheese, 1 cup of linda low carb seafood bisque. Water
Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #1392
Senior LCF Member

I've come to terms that I'm the turtle in this race to become a healthier me, and I'm okay with this No swoosh fairy but another .2lbs gone, and I'm feeling REALLY good about myself. Wishing you all much success on your weightloss journeys, and thanks for the encouragement and support. This week focus is for me to monitor my cream and hidden sugar intake in the process foods that I've been eating.

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 4pc bacon, cheese omelet (sausage crumble)
L: 2 deviled eggs, salad (diced ham)
S: Linda's low carb ice cream
D: chicken legs, sliced tomatoes
Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #1393
Senior LCF Member

Hi Juhanna,

I too can relate to a point regarding not getting full support at home. My hubby is good and wants me to live a healthier life, but dang he still eats his junk food in front of me and stays up late and eat unhealthy snacks. This makes me so mad at times because I can't have them and he should have a little bit more respect to not eat them in front of me. I'm trying to stay strong, but when he does this I just log on to this LC website and start reading all of the successful stories of so many people. There are some really inspiring people on here who can relate to our issues and so I find my support on here. I wish you much success in reaching your goals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhanna View Post
today didn't have an exelent day as hubby is not very supportive, including everyday he buys his high carb godies and eats them in my precense, but don't have time to take me shopping something low carb grrr then I end up eating one of those atkins crispy milk chocolate bars and feeling really rotten

todays menu:

1.5l water a day +
B: 2 cups strong coffe, 2x eggs, 1x frankfurter, 2 small florets of broccley and 2tbs butter
L: 1x Egg, 2x frankfurter, 1 inch slice cucumber, atkins endulge milk chocolate bar
D: can of tuna, 2 tbs olive oil + 2 small florets of broccley (wanted to add olives or something to that but empty cupboard)
Old 08-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #1394
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys that is very encouraging and sails92 that's exactly what I do, in the evenings witch is the most challenging time with hubby heh he He finally he took me shopping and I am all stocked up to face up the trials :P
I do love all these amazing succes stories here, they really help me focus, also I watched few in youtube and I am determined to stick to it this time. Haven't had too much of gravings otherwise this time, like last time I tried ATKINS it was the chocolate, and I kept on making all the fake chocolate stuff with cocoa and cream, or cocoa and coconut cream, and it just prolonged my graving for the real thing, but at the moment it's too hot and am not too hungry, I just fancy all the cold stuff so am ok without chocolate, which is amazing

today's menu

B: black coffe + 2 eggs 1

L: 2 eggs and 1" cucumber 1 + 2

s: frankfurter 1

D: 1/2 can tuna 5 olives, half a cup iceberg lettuce 0 + 1 + 1

for afters 1 large glass of of my special cold coffe made in blender:

- 1 large table spoon of diabetic icecream 5
- 1/2 cup no suggar added cream soda 0
- lots of ice
- 2 TBS double cream 1
- half a cup cold coffe 0

= 13

Last edited by juhanna; 08-10-2012 at 02:02 PM..
Old 08-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #1395
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Checking in to stay accountable:

B - 2 eggs, 1 T. butter, 1 T. heavy cream

L- 2 1/8 oz. cheese, 4 olives

D - baked chicken thigh, 1 cup broccoli, 2 T. butter

I don't snack.

946 calories (I know kind of low; working my way back up to 1200);
Fat: 80.92 g (77%); 47.98 g (20%); Carbs: 6.97 total [not net] g (3%)
Sodium: 1233.6 mg
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #1396
Senior LCF Member

todays menu:

B:
coffe + 1tbs double cream + 1tsp xylitol 1
half avocado 2
egg 1
iceberg salad 2
2x frankfurter 2
mayo
5x olives 1

0.5l mineral water with squeeze of lemon

L:
coffe + 1tsb double cream + 1tsp xylitol 1
half can tuna 0
half avocado 2
egg 1
1/2 cupiceberg salad 1
5x olives 1
mayo

D:
1 frankfurter 1
2x eggs 1
5x olives 1

Old 08-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #1397
Major LCF Poster!

Here's my menu for the day. I was down 1.2 lbs. this morning (water weight from not watching what I ate this week).

B = 2 eggs, 1 T. butter, 1 T. heavy cream
L = 4 oz. ground beef, 1 T. mayo, 1 slice cheese
D = 1 cup roasted cauliflower, 2 T. butter, 1 slice cheese

I don't snack!!

On my last glass of tea. 50 oz. of water for the rest of the night!

Calories:1056; Fat: 95.46 g (81%); Protein: 40.46 g (15%); Carbs: 8.4 g (4%)

Sodium intake: 1592 mg.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #1398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cstyles
Stats: 297/293/150
WOE: Atkins, the "old" one
Start Date: 07/15/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sails92 View Post
I've come to terms that I'm the turtle in this race to become a healthier me, and I'm okay with this No swoosh fairy but another .2lbs gone, and I'm feeling REALLY good about myself. Wishing you all much success on your weightloss journeys, and thanks for the encouragement and support. This week focus is for me to monitor my cream and hidden sugar intake in the process foods that I've been eating.

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 4pc bacon, cheese omelet (sausage crumble)
L: 2 deviled eggs, salad (diced ham)
S: Linda's low carb ice cream
D: chicken legs, sliced tomatoes
Dear Marilyn, I think I am a "turtle", too. I keep reminding myself that I gained this weight gradually, and it can leave the same way. Of course, I don't have another 59 years left to lose it all, LOL! You hang in there and keep at it - you are an inspiration and a help to so many...

Best wishes,
Cathy
cstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #1399
Senior LCF Member

Today's plan:
breakfast - coffee with cream
2 boiled eggs (leftover from egg salad earlier this week)
lunch - Wendy's grilled chicken Asiago sandwich, minus the bun
supper - green beans, grilled chicken
snack - possibly cheese

48 oz water - I MUST start to drink water!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #1400
Senior LCF Member

I'm deffanately turtle

so, todays menu is

B: 2 eggs, 1/2 cup salad, olives, mayo
L: pink salmon (can), 1/2 cup salad, egg, olives, mayo
D: 2 frankfurters, olives, 1/2 cup salad, mayo

afters (had a friend over and wanted to make her something special whiles having a chat, instead of bottle of wine):
glass of my special coffe, made with 1 cup of real coffe, spoonful of diabetic icecream, no sugar cream soda, 2 tbs double cream and ice
Old 08-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #1401
Major LCF Poster!

Today's menu:

B/L = 1 cup broccoli; 2 T. butter; 1 slice cheese; 1 oz. ham; 2 large eggs; 2 T. cream
D = 2 T. mayo., 2 boiled eggs, 3 slices low sodium bacon

Don't snack

1055 calories; 93.05 g. fat (79%); 7.41 g. total carbs (3%); 43.35 g. protein (18%)
Sodium intake: 1732 mg.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #1402
Senior LCF Member

My menu tomorrow:
breakfast: three eggs, salsa, coffee with cream
lunch: roast beef and cheese roll-ups, green beans
supper: chicken, green beans
snack: Sonic diet cherry limeade

did not drink water today, so will try the 48 oz again tomorrow

Best wishes, everyone!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #1403
Senior LCF Member

today been a bit hectic day and couldn't stick eating exactly every 4 hours, tried to feed myself here and there and not giving in to temptetations, so tomorrow will tell how it affected.. but so far been losing proximately 1 lb per day sience started last week monday, so been very happy with that, just waiting when the needel will not move, or will move but wrong direction yikes.

B: coffe with double cream and tsp xylitol, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup lettuce, olives, mayo
L: frankfurter, 2x eggs, lettuce, mayo, olives
S: egg
D: tuna, lettuce, olives, mayo
Old 08-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #1404
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyles View Post
My menu tomorrow:
breakfast: three eggs, salsa, coffee with cream
lunch: roast beef and cheese roll-ups, green beans
supper: chicken, green beans
snack: Sonic diet cherry limeade

did not drink water today, so will try the 48 oz again tomorrow

Best wishes, everyone!
not what I actually ate, but mostly on plan today...
Old 08-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #1405
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fluffy
Stats: 237.4/232.4/128
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/21/13
Today's Food

Breakfast: water

Lunch: baked chicken wings, green beans, coke zero

Dinner: salmon patties, water
Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #1406
Senior LCF Member

I've been in MIA for a few days because I'm getting ready for school to start and there is just so much to be done before next week....Just want to briefly update that I'm still in the race though I'm still going at a turtle's pace (But, I'm thankful that I'm losing).... Thanks again for the words of support and I wish you all continued success in reaching your goals.

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 4pc turkey bacon, 1 egg white (plain)
L: grilled chicken breast, 1 TB salsa on top
D: baked chicken breast, 1 cup spinach sauteed with butter & garlic
S: Linda's low carb ice cream (made a pint last week and I'm still eating it)
Old 08-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #1407

Yesterday (took the day off from the office):
15 oz water, 3 IB pro, coffee, HWC, Splenda
1 boiled egg, 3.5 sausage links
1 string cheese, 1 mini beef stick, cauliflower tater salad, 28 almonds
popcorn (NOT on plan), baked talapia, cheddar and pepperoni "pizza"
Vit C, BC and allergy pills before bed
Coming down from a 9 pound water weight gain last week.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #1408
Senior LCF Member

first day, I actually put an lb back, but I'm all good as I was expecting it hence I had a bit grazy day on sunday. but I'm still on ketosis and not giving in. going back to my beginning menu and no snacks, or no-suggar added drinks for me today.

B: coffe+ double cream, 2 eggs, frank furter, mayo, brocoli (small floret)
L: 2 frankfurters, mayo, egg, broccoli (small floret)
D: coffe+double cream, Tuna (half a can), egg, mayo olives
Old 08-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #1409
Major LCF Poster!

Posting for accountability:
(It also keeps me from eating later because I have already posted)

B= 4 T. Heavy cream (Long story)

L= 1 T. butter, 2 eggs, 1 T. heavy cream, 4 oz. ground beef

D= 1 T. mayo, 2 oz. chicken breast wrapped in 3 lettuce leaves, 1 cup broccoli, 1 T. butter

I don't snack!!

1087 Calories; Fat: 93.0 g (77%); Protein: 48.99 g (21%); Carbs: 4.62 total g (2%)
Old 08-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #1410
Senior LCF Member

Well I've been struggling for days and days to drop a pound and then just overnight ONE whole pound is gone - YEAH!!!!!!!

Today's Menu:
B: coffee & cream, 4pc turkey bacon
L: baked chicken breast with 1tb peach salsa
D: cheese omelet with 1tb peach salsa
S: Protein shake using Linda's low carb ice cream