Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #691

Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Yesterday:
B: Coffee w/ 1 Splenda, HWC and a dash of cinnamon, 2 scrambled eggs w/ Swiss cheese
L: 4 slices of turkey, 2 slices Swiss, mayo, 5 almonds, water
S: 6 cashews, Swiss cheese
D: Shrimp sautéed in EVOO, garlic powder, w/ a bit of red pepper flakes, dipped in mayo and mustard, 2 turkey slices w/ mayo and mustard
S: 3 cocktails, trail mix, a ton of Easter candy (nerds, sweet tarts, taffy and a few starburst)
Water all day, vit c, d, BC and allergy pill before bed

Up 1.4 lbs this AM.
Passion68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #692
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Yesterday:
B: Coffee w/ 1 Splenda, HWC and a dash of cinnamon, 2 scrambled eggs w/ Swiss cheese
D: Shrimp sautéed in EVOO, garlic powder, w/ a bit of red pepper flakes, dipped in mayo and mustard, 2 turkey slices w/ mayo and mustard
S: 3 cocktails, trail mix, a ton of Easter candy (nerds, sweet tarts, taffy and a few starburst)

Up 1.4 lbs this AM.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #693
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: asdf1234
Stats: 185/160/145
WOE: atkins induction
Start Date: 1/5/12

try to skip weighing in for a couple days, passion- its no good to see the number go up after a couple slip ups! it took me 2 full days for the scale to go up after my birthday cake incident- i wished i hadnt weighed in the second day...
asdf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #694

Thank you, asdf.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1234 View Post

try to skip weighing in for a couple days, passion- its no good to see the number go up after a couple slip ups! it took me 2 full days for the scale to go up after my birthday cake incident- i wished i hadnt weighed in the second day...
I'm the exact opposite. I use the scale as a gauge. If it's up, I tend to moderate things more (more exercise, less food, fewer carbs) to keep it from going up more the next day. If I don't weigh I tend to eat more...strange, eh?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #696
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yesterday:

Up 1.4 lbs this AM.
more
Old 04-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #697

Thanks, oro. And, I don't think it's strange you use the scale in such a manner. My years of not weighing at home, and not looking at the weight at the doc's office, resulted in me being so far out of control, IMHO. I was in denial.

A "normal weight zone" friend of mine uses her clothing as her gauge-when they start getting snug she backs off the food, and increases her jazzersize.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #698
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sooznd
Stats: 288/250/140
WOE: going with Atkins
Start Date: This time, February 18, 2012.
B bacon & eggs
S hummus
L salad w/ chili lemon peanuts, canned turkey breast
S almond butter
D Dreamfields penne pasta w/meat sauce, brussel sprouts salad
s- pork rinds.

I'm craving something evil, but the weight is not budging. I'm not getting enough sleep at night, because we stay up too late talking at night. We're going to bed early tonight and see if that helps.

Hang in there crew. I never realized what a carby holiday Easter is. I miss Cadbury eggs, but not how sick they make me. This too shall pass.
sooznd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #699
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks, oro. And, I don't think it's strange you use the scale in such a manner. My years of not weighing at home, and not looking at the weight at the doc's office, resulted in me being so far out of control, IMHO. I was in denial.

A "normal weight zone" friend of mine uses her clothing as her gauge-when they start getting snug she backs off the food, and increases her jazzersize.
Maybe we all just find what works for us. I know when I stopped weighing I started gaining and I didn't stop until I got on the scale daily again.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #700
Senior LCF Member

Same here - it keeps me in check to weigh daily.

The cure for the craving was to mix Torani SF rasberry syrup, diet jello powder, 1/4 cup sour cream, a couple of chunks of cream cheese all mashed together. I ate that AND ate the pork rinds w/DBF. oink. oink, and goodnight. going to bed.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #701

Sooz, true re: carb holiday!!! I got through my BD and Valentine's just fine. Holy moly with all this Easter candy.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #702
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooznd View Post
Same here - it keeps me in check to weigh daily.

The cure for the craving was to mix Torani SF rasberry syrup, diet jello powder, 1/4 cup sour cream, a couple of chunks of cream cheese all mashed together. I ate that AND ate the pork rinds w/DBF. oink. oink, and goodnight. going to bed.
LOL It sounds interesting! I'm not a pork rinds fan but I'd try the rest!
Sweet dreams.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:23 AM   #703
Senior LCF Member

no dont get me wrong, im definitely a daily weigher- just after a bad meal, especially if its dinner/late, i have found that sometimes the very next day will go up a little, then ill eat like a saint- and then that NEXT day will still go up a little more so then i get discouraged because i thought the first day was the weight gain and even though i try to talk sense into myself, i still get mad that i ate great and still went up... does that make sense? hehe thats why i skip the second day now...

going to bring over key lime snack to my easter dinners (have two i have to get through argh)... my mom still makes me an easter basket i wont let her stop even though it sure looks silly next to my childrens' baskets what can i say, im the baby of the family! but she knows im dieting so itll be little non food presents im sure

i definitely like the weighing every day system and HATE when people say 'dont do that' as advice- its 100% different for everyone and the everyday/not everyday debate shouldnt be a debate to be proven right or wrong. have you come across that? sometimes people will say their opinion on it but some people will tell newcomers flat out 'no dont weigh every day, itll be bad for you'. so weird!
Mini Goal: 150lbs---July 31st
Goal weight: 145lbs---Aug 31st

I'm getting to my goal weight by the end of summer!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
no dont get me wrong, im definitely a daily weigher- just after a bad meal, especially if its dinner/late, i have found that sometimes the very next day will go up a little, then ill eat like a saint- and then that NEXT day will still go up a little more so then i get discouraged because i thought the first day was the weight gain and even though i try to talk sense into myself, i still get mad that i ate great and still went up... does that make sense? hehe thats why i skip the second day now...

going to bring over key lime snack to my easter dinners (have two i have to get through argh)... my mom still makes me an easter basket i wont let her stop even though it sure looks silly next to my childrens' baskets what can i say, im the baby of the family! but she knows im dieting so itll be little non food presents im sure

i definitely like the weighing every day system and HATE when people say 'dont do that' as advice- its 100% different for everyone and the everyday/not everyday debate shouldnt be a debate to be proven right or wrong. have you come across that? sometimes people will say their opinion on it but some people will tell newcomers flat out 'no dont weigh every day, itll be bad for you'. so weird!
It's what I've always believed, half of the weight battle goes on in the mind. I do what I have to to keep it from wandering afar.

Yep, I get you. I usually offer up what I do and let folks pick what they think will work for them. As you say, everyone's different. That way if one doesn't work you have alternatives to try. More is better! lol

A suggestion for your Easter basket...have you hubby give your mom a few SF chocolates to put in your basket (he can also suggest distributing the sugar candies in other baskets). For some reason coming from the spouse it's easier for moms to take. Then it's a nice surprise and she feels good about doing what you need while still feeding her need to give to her baby. It might work.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

4/6 198.4 UD
S/C/F/P/C = 42/128/38/94/1964
B: coconut oil
B: Chia Ricotta Bowl Breakfast, walnuts
S: muffin in a mug half, Coconut Oil 1T
L: TJs Chicken Shu Mai 12 pcs
S: almonds 14, martzipan 1/2 bar
D: gluc jello, TJs Chicken Asada with Peppers
S: Coconut Oil 1T, muffin in a mug half, fiber bar
Old 04-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #706

Yesterday:
B: Coffee w/ 1 Splenda, HWC and a dash of cinnamon, 1 can green beans w/ shaved parm cheese, butter, 9 almonds, s&p
L: Tuna w/ mayo, garlic and onion powders, 9 almonds, 2 slices turkey w/ mayo, cashew pieces
D: 2 pickle spears w 1 slice American, 1 slice cheddar, 1 egg, pork sausage, shredded cheddar
S: Hot unsweetened tea, 1 TBS peanut butter
Water all day, vit c, d, flaxseed, calcium, allergy and BC pills before bed
Old 04-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yesterday:
B: Coffee w/ 1 Splenda, HWC and a dash of cinnamon, 1 can green beans w/ shaved parm cheese, butter, 9 almonds, s&p
L: Tuna w/ mayo, garlic and onion powders, 9 almonds, 2 slices turkey w/ mayo, cashew pieces
D: 2 pickle spears w 1 slice American, 1 slice cheddar, 1 egg, pork sausage, shredded cheddar
S: Hot unsweetened tea, 1 TBS peanut butter
Water all day, vit c, d, flaxseed, calcium, allergy and BC pills before bed
Looks like a good plan. I'm stomping on your scale it it doesn't do you right tomorrow!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Cravings hitting me hard tonight. I'm sooooo frustrated because the scale is not going down. Just back and forth! I think I have to go full induction again.

B bacon and eggs
S celery and hummus w/ hot sauce
L marinated brussel sprouts, lettuce, chili-lemon peanuts, canned chicken breast
S - chili lemon peanuts (mixed w plain nuts, because they're so hot!)
D - hot dogs, 1 LC pita, lettuce, ranch
S - I wanted something evil for me again, but I am just dang determined. I made some fried cheese chips and fried eggs.

Part of me just wants to pretend my body isn't out of whack. BUT that voice is getting tinier and tinier. I just know that eating "normally" makes me sick. The voice that gets louder now when i want something really bad. Thank you guys for being there! I know I couldn't do this without all the help you've given me.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #709
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Cravings hitting me hard tonight. I'm sooooo frustrated because the scale is not going down. Just back and forth! I think I have to go full induction again.

B bacon and eggs
S celery and hummus w/ hot sauce
L marinated brussel sprouts, lettuce, chili-lemon peanuts, canned chicken breast
S - chili lemon peanuts (mixed w plain nuts, because they're so hot!)
D - hot dogs, 1 LC pita, lettuce, ranch
S - I wanted something evil for me again, but I am just dang determined. I made some fried cheese chips and fried eggs.

Part of me just wants to pretend my body isn't out of whack. BUT that voice is getting tinier and tinier. I just know that eating "normally" makes me sick. The voice that gets louder now when i want something really bad. Thank you guys for being there! I know I couldn't do this without all the help you've given me.
Happy to be here! Thank you for being her for us too.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #710
Senior LCF Member

just hang in there, its sure to change soon! try simplifying it a little- stick to the basics- eggs, meat, and some veggies. i have heard when people get so focused on making LC meals (using the LC breads, cheeses, sweeteners, etc) they dont really lose as much (although im sure they are happier with their meals!). i try to eat a basic breakfast (eggs or a breakfats meat), basic lunch (plain meat and veggies), and then maybe one sort of LC option/recipe for dinner... dont know if you have to do full induction but just make it simple- and TRY to cut out of your snacks (thats a hard one, i know)

i had a whoosh yesterday after a week of struggling so im happy my body wants to cooperate again, bout time! going to dye hard boiled eggs so at least my lunch will be on plan today!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #711
Major LCF Poster!

4/7 DD
S/C/F/P/C = 5/39/26/74/629
B: Glucomannan Hot Breakfast oro
S: amaretto gluc jello
L: Protein Shake Nectar Sweets
S: Jamie Eason's Carrot Cake Protein Bars
D: Amy Lu Chicken Burger
S: Protein Shake Nectar Sweets, fiber bar
Old 04-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #712
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys! Feeling better after a good night's sleep and working on the house.

asfd, I agree abt the simplified meal plan. I did go off the chart today with eating a banana, but I had worked so hard on cleaning that I had the shakes. Almond butter and water and kept working. Started really shaking, so ate one banana and drank a sf powerade. Took a pain pill and toddled off to bed w/ a heating pad. Able to walk now. Didn't cut back on snacks today, but will try, or at least keep them to veggies.

Happy Early Easter!

B bacon and eggs
L leftover penne pasta (dreamfield) w/ meatsauce & cheese
S Almond butter
S (an hour and half later) banana
D LC tortillas for pepperoni pizzas
S something sweet & chocolate but LC. Dunno yet.

Easter buffet banquet w/ family @ my parent's retirement community. There should be meat and veggies.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

4/8 207.6 UD
S/C/F/P/C = 11/74/29/129/1937
B: Chia Ricotta Bowl Breakfast
S: Protein Shake 30g Nectar Sweets
L: McDonalds Angus Bacon Cheeseburger
S: gluc jello
D: Eggplant Sausage Pizza
S: muffin in a mug half, Coconut Oil
Subject to change, we have to go into town today.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #714
Senior LCF Member

OINK! OINK!

B - bacon and eggs
L chicken, trout, salad, blue cheese dressing, pickled beets, tiny amt of potatoes, peas w/pearl onions, asparagus, hollandaise sauce, 1/16th piece of lemon pie, 2 tbsp cherry pie filling, 2 tbsp of ambrosia fruit salad. 108 net carbs and 1257 calories for lunch alone!
D cheeseburger in LC pita w/LTM, rutabaga fries
S - chocolate yogurt

I know I will not eat that much on a regular basis, and I did not eat other things that were offered like bread and candied yams or ham glazed in sugar and orange juice. To think I used to eat all of that and go back for seconds!!!

But I was still eating like a pig. Oink, oink and move on.

Starting induction again tomorrow morning!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
B - bacon and eggs
L chicken, trout, salad, blue cheese dressing, pickled beets, tiny amt of potatoes, peas w/pearl onions, asparagus, hollandaise sauce, 1/16th piece of lemon pie, 2 tbsp cherry pie filling, 2 tbsp of ambrosia fruit salad. 108 net carbs and 1257 calories for lunch alone!
D cheeseburger in LC pita w/LTM, rutabaga fries
S - chocolate yogurt

I know I will not eat that much on a regular basis, and I did not eat other things that were offered like bread and candied yams or ham glazed in sugar and orange juice. To think I used to eat all of that and go back for seconds!!!

But I was still eating like a pig. Oink, oink and move on.

Starting induction again tomorrow morning!
To easier days then!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #716
Major LCF Poster!

Tomorrow could be crazy packing, last minute things, etc. sooooo
4/9 DD
S/C/F/P/C = 11/43/24/55/521
B: Glucomannan Hot Breakfast oro
S:
L: Savoy Cabbage, 2 Laughing Cow
S: Jamie Eason's Carrot Cake Protein Bars
D: Amy Lu Chicken Burger
S: Protein Shake Nectar Sweets, fiber bar
Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #717
Senior LCF Member

hey guys, ill try and recap my easter meals:

B- normal coffee w HC & 2 splendas
B- kielbasa and scrambled eggs- just a taste of ketchup, probably a tsp (kielbasa without ketchup is a crime!)

S- 1/4 serving SF chocolate, then 1 serving of SF chocolate
S- key lime SF jello mousse i made- TERRIBLE

L- ham
L- 5 mild wings

D- 1 serving size SF chocolate, coffee w/ HC & 2 splendas (thought my grandparents would have food but they ate without me!)

W- hardly any

ugh it was not a satisfying easter for me, glad its over, food wise! i went up only .4 lbs so i guess it was a success. will stick to plan fully today ( fingers crossed!)
Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #718
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
hey guys, ill try and recap my easter meals:

B- normal coffee w HC & 2 splendas
B- kielbasa and scrambled eggs- just a taste of ketchup, probably a tsp (kielbasa without ketchup is a crime!)

S- 1/4 serving SF chocolate, then 1 serving of SF chocolate
S- key lime SF jello mousse i made- TERRIBLE

L- ham
L- 5 mild wings

D- 1 serving size SF chocolate, coffee w/ HC & 2 splendas (thought my grandparents would have food but they ate without me!)

W- hardly any

ugh it was not a satisfying easter for me, glad its over, food wise! i went up only .4 lbs so i guess it was a success. will stick to plan fully today ( fingers crossed!)
Not for me either. up .4 isn't bad at all.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #719

Yesterday:
Brunch: Coffee w/ 1 Splenda, HWC and a dash of cinnamon, apple fritter, 2 scrambled eggs w/ cheddar
D: Cheddar cheese before supper, ham, potatoes au gratin, okra, pumkin pie w/ whipped cream, diet Ocean Spray
Water all day, vit vit c, d, flaxseed, calcium, allergy and BC pills before bed

I am up 3+ pounds since last Wednesday but back on the program w/ a vengence today. Prepare for a big upcoming whoosh.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #720
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yesterday:
Brunch: Coffee w/ 1 Splenda, HWC and a dash of cinnamon, apple fritter, 2 scrambled eggs w/ cheddar
D: Cheddar cheese before supper, ham, potatoes au gratin, okra, pumkin pie w/ whipped cream, diet Ocean Spray
Water all day, vit vit c, d, flaxseed, calcium, allergy and BC pills before bed

I am up 3+ pounds since last Wednesday but back on the program w/ a vengence today. Prepare for a big upcoming whoosh.
The whoosh fairy is standing by.