Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 1,654
Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavajane View Post
4 more days til vacation! I've worked 36 days in a row and I am sooooo ready to giddy on up out of here (we are going camping). Today I plan on NOT leaving my breakfast on the counter!!

B: SC oats/ dollop of plain greek yougurt cinninmon, 1/2 apple, agave nectar, greens + coffe w. 1/2-n-1/2

s:hb egg/ or cup of canteloupe and strawberries

L: (leftovers) grilled porkchop,sauteed zucchini

s: wasabi and soy sauce almonds

D: ????? I;ve only had 1 cup of coffe this morning... creative brain power stops at lunch
Campfire grilled fish and hot dogs. mmmmm
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 1,654
Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvleliz View Post
Last night i had two hamburger patties between lettuce and cheese with a few slices of tomato. Dipped in chipotle mayo and a squirt of mustard. OMG is was soo good and filling. I hope i upped my fat and protein intake. btw....i know i got my water intake in i was in the rr 3 times last night. that's the only thing i hate.
I have the hardest time with water. I've upped my herbal tea intake to 6 cups a day and am counting that. I make it weak so it's just flavoring the water. Somehow it's easier for me to get down hot water than cold.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 1,654
Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Luv, OMG, the mayo sounds delish! I've put it on the grocery list!

Lava, we've discovered wasabi almonds, too!

asdf, Happy Early Birthday!!
~~~~~~~~
Yesterday:
Coffee w/ 1 Splenda and HC, 2 boiled eggs w/ must and mayo

Cheeseburger patty w/ mayo (tried to eyeball 1 TBS total for this and below for calorie purposes), 2 Romaine, deli turkey and Swiss cheese roll ups w/ mayo, Water, vit b

Crock pot chicken on Romaine w/ shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar, black olives, sour cream, green chili, crushed pork rinds

Hot decaf tea - no sweetener

Water all day, vit c, d, calcium, allergy and BC pills before bed
I'm so bad at eyeballing. I tried the other day and I was WAAAY off. I keep measuring spoons in my purse for when we eat out. Crazy, I know, but I just don't have the eyeball. lol
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 1,654
Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
DD
S/C/F/P/C = 8/60/40/44/480
B: coconut oil
B: Glucomannan Hot Breakfast
S: Blueberry Glucomannan Jello
L: Butternut Squash and Angel Hair Cabbage, Egg soft boiled (I've been craving eggs )
S: Glucomannan Raspberry Jello, 1/2 Scoop Unjury Protein powder
D: Amy Lu Chicken Burger, Heinz One Carb Ketchup
S: Peach Glucomannan jello
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #515
Guest
 
Passion68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Excuselessville
Posts: 2,011
Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
I'm so bad at eyeballing. I tried the other day and I was WAAAY off. I keep measuring spoons in my purse for when we eat out. Crazy, I know, but I just don't have the eyeball. lol
LOL, me too, oro!

I should mention it was a total of 1 TBS for both the burger and roll-ups, not one each.
Passion68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 248
Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/233/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart June 3 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Luv, OMG, the mayo sounds delish! I've put it on the grocery list!

Lava, we've discovered wasabi almonds, too!

asdf, Happy Early Birthday!!
~~~~~~~~
Yesterday:
Coffee w/ 1 Splenda and HC, 2 boiled eggs w/ must and mayo

Cheeseburger patty w/ mayo (tried to eyeball 1 TBS total for this and below for calorie purposes), 2 Romaine, deli turkey and Swiss cheese roll ups w/ mayo, Water, vit b

Crock pot chicken on Romaine w/ shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar, black olives, sour cream, green chili, crushed pork rinds

Hot decaf tea - no sweetener

Water all day, vit c, d, calcium, allergy and BC pills before bed
It's real mayo with chipotle peppers in adobo (can) blend it in a blender and you got some kick! very small pinch of peppers with about 1/2 cup or more mayo. I just save it for when i need it. Also love my patty with blue cheese crumbles and bacon dipped in the mayo!!! yummy!
luvleliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #517
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 248
Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/233/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart June 3 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
I have the hardest time with water. I've upped my herbal tea intake to 6 cups a day and am counting that. I make it weak so it's just flavoring the water. Somehow it's easier for me to get down hot water than cold.
As far as i know water is water. I count my coffee too.
luvleliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #518
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 248
Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/233/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart June 3 2013
b: canned chicken breast with mayo approx 6 oz. (half the can), slice of pickle and coffee with HC, torani sf syrup.
s1: some bites off my rotisserie chicken i would eyeball it at about 3 oz.
- today must be a chicken day. LOL
L: salad= spinach, romaine, slice of avocado, cucumber, about 5 oz chicken breast chucks (forgot my scale today!), buttermilk ranch dressing, 5 cherry tomatos, bleu cheese crumbles, shredded cheddar/jack
s2: the other half of the canned chicken with mayo and a slice of pickle.
d: haven't decided yet. late night with kids maybe another hamburger patty.

tomorrow is payday! finally a chance to get out and get some new menu items. LOL. just the little things like bacon on a salad really changes the taste. Oh, and out of cheese!
luvleliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #519
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 1,654
Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvleliz View Post
It's real mayo with chipotle peppers in adobo (can) blend it in a blender and you got some kick! very small pinch of peppers with about 1/2 cup or more mayo. I just save it for when i need it. Also love my patty with blue cheese crumbles and bacon dipped in the mayo!!! yummy!
I'm loving the blue cheese and bacon version!
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #520
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 248
Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/233/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart June 3 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
I'm loving the blue cheese and bacon version!
I forgot to add a slice of kraft cheese on top to keep it all the toppings on. LOL>
luvleliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #521
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 1,654
Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvleliz View Post
I forgot to add a slice of kraft cheese on top to keep it all the toppings on. LOL>
And here I thought you used glucomannan powder and blue cheese, rolling it out, to make a blue cheese slice.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #522
Guest
 
Passion68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Excuselessville
Posts: 2,011
Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvleliz View Post
It's real mayo with chipotle peppers in adobo (can) blend it in a blender and you got some kick! very small pinch of peppers with about 1/2 cup or more mayo. I just save it for when i need it. Also love my patty with blue cheese crumbles and bacon dipped in the mayo!!! yummy!
Ah. Thank you for the clarification.
Passion68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member
 
lavajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 348
Gallery: lavajane
Stats: 255/198.6/140 5'6"
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: july 2012
B: SC oats/ dollop of plain greek yougurt cinninmon, 1/2 apple, agave nectar, greens + coffe w. 1/2-n-1/2

s:hb egg and wasabi and soy sauce almonds

L: (leftovers) grilled porkchop,sauteed zucchini, cup of canteloupe and strawberries

s:2 triscuits/ 1 slice dubliner cheese(while prepping dinner)

D: spaghetti squash, spinach and chicken sauteed in evoo, garlic, and laughing cow cheese (just had it...it was okay but kinda weird looking)

Last edited by lavajane; 03-20-2012 at 04:28 PM..
lavajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 1,654
Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
My afternoon snack was too dull so I came up with a new concoction.
Dreamsicle Lemon Glucomannan Chiffon

1 Cup water
1/2 scoop Jay Robb Tropical Dreamsicle protein powder
1 tsp glucomannan powder
2 splashes DaVinci SF Lemon Syrup

Blend in Magic Bullet.
Absolutely divine.
5 carbs 5 fiber
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member
 
sooznd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 755
Gallery: sooznd
Stats: 288/250/140
WOE: going with Atkins
Start Date: This time, February 18, 2012.
Love seeing the food ideas you guys post! Very inspirational!

Weight after yesterday's pig out - 278. Up 3 pounds from the 275 shown on the new scale. Ate better today and felt better.

B bacon eggs, the usual
S pumpkin seeds
L tuna w/ mayo, canned tomatoes made into soup
S 1 cup homemade greek vanilla yogurt
D 1/2 of a large antipasto salad (I boxed up half before eating.)
S pork rinds and SF Powerade
sooznd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #526
Guest
 
Passion68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Excuselessville
Posts: 2,011
Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Sooz, would you share your yogurt recipe, please?
Passion68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:33 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member
 
asdf1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 767
Gallery: asdf1234
Stats: 185/160/145
WOE: atkins induction
Start Date: 1/5/12
good morning!

B- coffee with HC and 2 splendas
B- ugh not hungry... guess ill eat 4 sausage links

L- leftover pork chops and asparagus

D- wing Wednesday!

S- serving of SF candy OR whipped cream mock ice cream
asdf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #528
Guest
 
Passion68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Excuselessville
Posts: 2,011
Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Resisted the urge to buy an apple fritter this AM!!

Yesterday (I am back to mini-meals/snacks):
B-Coffee w/ 1 Splenda and HC, 2 boiled eggs w/ must and mayo
S-Celery w/ cream cheese, 3 strawberries
L-Romaine w/ deli turkey, tomato, avocado, ranch dressing, a few smoked, almonds, water, vit b
S-6 smoked almonds, 3 strawberries
S-Celery w/ cream cheese, 1 piece beef jerky
D-2 slices LC chicken and mozz crust pizza w/ Alfredo sauce, canned chicken, shaved parm cheese, more mozz cheese, olives

TV time: Craving something sweet and discovered diet lemon lime w/ a splash of diet cranberry pomegranate juice

Water all day, vit c, d, calcium, allergy and BC pills before bed
Passion68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 1,654
Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Resisted the urge to buy an apple fritter this AM!!

Yesterday (I am back to mini-meals/snacks):
B-Coffee w/ 1 Splenda and HC, 2 boiled eggs w/ must and mayo
S-Celery w/ cream cheese, 3 strawberries
L-Romaine w/ deli turkey, tomato, avocado, ranch dressing, a few smoked, almonds, water, vit b
S-6 smoked almonds, 3 strawberries
S-Celery w/ cream cheese, 1 piece beef jerky
D-2 slices LC chicken and mozz crust pizza w/ Alfredo sauce, canned chicken, shaved parm cheese, more mozz cheese, olives

TV time: Craving something sweet and discovered diet lemon lime w/ a splash of diet cranberry pomegranate juice

Water all day, vit c, d, calcium, allergy and BC pills before bed
Avoiding that apple fritter! They can be so tempting. Whew!

Nice Sweet ad lib on the sweet craving. I broke down and had a diet pepsi last night for the same reason.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #530
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 1,654
Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Warning: don't read if seeing high carbs will derail you. It's an Up Day on JUDDD and I'm going to enjoy it.

S/C/F/P/C = 20/120/39/95/2076
B: coconut oil
B: Chia Ricotta Bowl Breakfast no whipped cream
S: eggs soft boiled
L: Smoked Eggplant & Sausage Pizza
S: Bug Juice, no blueberries
D: Nacho Sauce 7 layer dip, 7 Flax Toritilla Chips
S: Muffin In A Mug half, coconut oil 1T
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #531
Guest
 
Passion68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Excuselessville
Posts: 2,011
Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
Avoiding that apple fritter! They can be so tempting. Whew!

Nice Sweet ad lib on the sweet craving. I broke down and had a diet pepsi last night for the same reason.
Thank you, oro! I'd sat there for about an hour last night thinking about the sherbert in the freezer. We don't usually have that garbage around anymore, but I purchased it a few weeks ago after DH's surgery so he'd have something to eat. But then I thought about how well I've been doing and do NOT want to mess that up.

Good for you for choosing the diet Pepsi.
Passion68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member
 
lavajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 348
Gallery: lavajane
Stats: 255/198.6/140 5'6"
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: july 2012
Having one of those "ick" days... lazy-tired, moody... didn' tknow why until a bit ago.... Aunt Flo came for a visit

B: too lazy to actually make something. Grabbed a chocolate Atkins shake, cup of coffee w/ milk(ran out of crmr) forgot to take my greens+ and vitamins...or just to lazy really!

s: Atkins pnut bitter granola bar

L: leftovers from last night. spaghetti squash, sauteed spinach and chicken with laughing cow cheese, 1/2 C strawberries/canteloupe

s: wasabi almonds

s: 5 triscuits with Dubliner cheese/ small bite of atkins choc/pnut butter

D: shrimp with melted butter????? can't make a decision,
__________________
On the weigh down!
7/0 6/13- 206.4
(mini goal 8/1-195)
(mini goal 9/1-185
(mini goal 10/1-175)
(mini goal 11/1-165)
(Mini goal12/1- 155)
New years goal 145!
lavajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #533
Guest
 
Passion68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Excuselessville
Posts: 2,011
Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Lava, you just gave me a dinner idea w the shrimp. Thank you
Passion68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #534
Senior LCF Member
 
lavajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 348
Gallery: lavajane
Stats: 255/198.6/140 5'6"
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: july 2012
you're welcome. glad i could help! I ended up with "grilled" tilapia (it comes frozen- just have to nuke it) it pretty good....with sauteed butter.
lavajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member
 
lavajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 348
Gallery: lavajane
Stats: 255/198.6/140 5'6"
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: july 2012
ugh all the men in this house are irritating me.... gonna have a decaf and the rest of my atkins bar.
lavajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member
 
asdf1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 767
Gallery: asdf1234
Stats: 185/160/145
WOE: atkins induction
Start Date: 1/5/12
sorry you had a grumpy day lava but think of it this way- you were able to eat on plan instead of running to carbs!
asdf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member
 
lavajane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 348
Gallery: lavajane
Stats: 255/198.6/140 5'6"
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: july 2012
yes- especially since they are sitting here eating chocolate chip cookies...in front of me...sooo not nice...
lavajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member
 
sooznd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 755
Gallery: sooznd
Stats: 288/250/140
WOE: going with Atkins
Start Date: This time, February 18, 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Sooz, would you share your yogurt recipe, please?
My mom and dad have been making it for quite a while, using Yo'gourmet yogurt maker and Stonyfield for starter. I bought one on Ebay which had powdered starter with it. All you need is a way to incubate the yogurt. We used to have a Salton yogurt maker in the 70s.

I can give you the whole detailed set of directions, but the basic thing is heat the milk to just boiling, 180 degrees. Immediately cool down to 108 - 112 degrees. Add starter, stir well. Pour into the incubator and let it incubate for a full 24 hours at the same temp. Refrigerate 4-6 hours, and then it's ready to eat. I read today that FAGE drains theirs to make it thicker. I added 1/2 cup of powdered milk per quart of whole milk to mine for extra protein and thickness.

If you buy a yogurt maker, it will come with detailed directions, and you know it will incubate at the right temp. Ebay had several, and the bidding got fierce! You might check thrift stores and other kinds of discount places. My motto is to NEVER pay full price for anything.
sooznd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 1,654
Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooznd View Post
My mom and dad have been making it for quite a while, using Yo'gourmet yogurt maker and Stonyfield for starter. I bought one on Ebay which had powdered starter with it. All you need is a way to incubate the yogurt. We used to have a Salton yogurt maker in the 70s.

I can give you the whole detailed set of directions, but the basic thing is heat the milk to just boiling, 180 degrees. Immediately cool down to 108 - 112 degrees. Add starter, stir well. Pour into the incubator and let it incubate for a full 24 hours at the same temp. Refrigerate 4-6 hours, and then it's ready to eat. I read today that FAGE drains theirs to make it thicker. I added 1/2 cup of powdered milk per quart of whole milk to mine for extra protein and thickness.

If you buy a yogurt maker, it will come with detailed directions, and you know it will incubate at the right temp. Ebay had several, and the bidding got fierce! You might check thrift stores and other kinds of discount places. My motto is to NEVER pay full price for anything.
I make mine in the oven. You'll need a yogurt thermometer.

1 Qt Whole milk
3 T Fage

In a saucepan, heat milk until it steams (185 F) and hold it at that temperature for 30 minutes. This process makes the texture of the final product firmer and smoother.

Remove to glass bowl (not stainless).

Cool the hot milk to 110 F (just warm). 30-45 minutes depending on room temperature.

Add live yogurt 1 tablespoon at a time and stir carefully without adding air.

Barely warm the oven, then turned off. Check that temp isn’t over 120 degrees and not below 110 degrees.

Cover with tea towel and leave overnight in the oven with the light on. The light gives off enough heat to keep the temperature just right.

I like it mild, 8-10 hours. If you like tart yogurt, leave it in the oven longer.

Next morning place coffee filter in sieve over a glass bowl.

Do not over strain, it will become a cheese (2 hours)

Draining process takes several hours, move to refrigerator to drain.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 908
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Yogurt

Have never tried it, but you can make yogurt in the CROCKPOT! Google it for a recipe!




Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
I make mine in the oven. You'll need a yogurt thermometer.

1 Qt Whole milk
3 T Fage

In a saucepan, heat milk until it steams (185 F) and hold it at that temperature for 30 minutes. This process makes the texture of the final product firmer and smoother.

Remove to glass bowl (not stainless).

Cool the hot milk to 110 F (just warm). 30-45 minutes depending on room temperature.

Add live yogurt 1 tablespoon at a time and stir carefully without adding air.

Barely warm the oven, then turned off. Check that temp isn’t over 120 degrees and not below 110 degrees.

Cover with tea towel and leave overnight in the oven with the light on. The light gives off enough heat to keep the temperature just right.

I like it mild, 8-10 hours. If you like tart yogurt, leave it in the oven longer.

Next morning place coffee filter in sieve over a glass bowl.

Do not over strain, it will become a cheese (2 hours)

Draining process takes several hours, move to refrigerator to drain.
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.