Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvleliz View Post
B: 2 eggs over easy, 2 turkey sausage patty
S1: 3 slices tomato with 1/4 motzarella cheese melted in broiler
L: Angus frozen fully cooked hamburger patty with 1T chipotle mayo 2 tomato slices, 1 kraft american cheese slice on top and wrapped in 3 romaine leaves.
S2: pork chop aprox. 3 oz - made these a few days ago and don't want them to go bad.
1 root beer float from Atkins.com
D: 1 chicken breast with slice of ham and provolone cheese on top or in middle haven't made them yet. kinda like cordon bleu. 7-10 asparagus on the side.
S3: only if i feel i need something sweet - 1 quarter of minute muffin pumpkin recipe. i made a few and quartered them up so i can have a bite if i feel i need something.

I increased my protein today since last night i felt hungry. Usually this works. yesterday was a shake etc. maybe not enough food.
Welcome!

Was the "Angus frozen fully cooked hamburger patty" bought that way or did you cook and freeze them? I'm always looking for quick ways to make a meal.
-o
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Coconut oil mayo flop

I made ahem, tried to make, mayo yesterday. I warmed up the oil but there were still a few small lumps in it as I drizzled in the oil. Would this be enough to keep the mayo from thickening? If so, how warm can I get the oil without being too hot to cook the egg?

It still tasted good. I made angel hair coleslaw with it and added a few bacon bits. Very good.
-o
Old 03-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: asdf1234
Stats: 185/160/145
WOE: atkins induction
Start Date: 1/5/12
mmm shouldnt have gone on here before dinner, so hungry! which is going to take awhile to deliver since its wing wednesday! had food ready to cook but my husband reminded me we were ordering and i was relieved to just be able to relax and have the food come to me! doing good today, stuck to plan but water is kinda low, as usual. i dont think i will EVER get fully comfortable with drinking alot during the day but i keep up at it! off to have another coffee (its my sweet fix on TOM) and wait for the wings

have a great day guys!
Mini Goal: 150lbs---July 31st
Goal weight: 145lbs---Aug 31st

I'm getting to my goal weight by the end of summer!
asdf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

water

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1234 View Post
mmm shouldnt have gone on here before dinner, so hungry! which is going to take awhile to deliver since its wing wednesday! had food ready to cook but my husband reminded me we were ordering and i was relieved to just be able to relax and have the food come to me! doing good today, stuck to plan but water is kinda low, as usual. i dont think i will EVER get fully comfortable with drinking alot during the day but i keep up at it! off to have another coffee (its my sweet fix on TOM) and wait for the wings

have a great day guys!
I take a 33.8 oz bottle of water and put half a dropper full of hazelnut liquid stevia in it. It's much easier to drink than plain water.
103 oz today, 9 oz to go.

Also it's much easier to get my water down when I'm exercising. Just back from a walk in the woods. Working exercise back in s l o w l y is my new mantra.

Enjoy your evening.
-o
Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sooznd
Stats: 288/250/140
WOE: going with Atkins
Start Date: This time, February 18, 2012.
not so bad now

I went 6 whole hours before I even got hungry! That never happened before LC. I was ALWAYS hungry in a little while after eating. Even when I was trying to "eat right" I'd get the shakes in 3 hours.

My sugar is still running at 250, but I haven't been exercising yet. Full of good intentions, but always an excuse. Guess I better get it together!

B 3 beef hot dogs, coffee w CO, water w acv
L 3 cups lettuce, 1/2 c mushrooms, 2 oz cheese, 2 oz ham
S 1 cream cheese cookie (almond meal, butter, cream cheese)
D pork chops, green beans, coleslaw
S 3 cream cheese cookies

Going 2 a birthday pizza party tomorrow night. We're going to take a veggie tray to share and I'll eat the top of some pizza. Bread is not even calling my name right now.

We just bought some LC food at the store. He can't do it, even though he's very overweight, because he has severe gout. He's working on finding his own path to health, but supporting me all the way.
sooznd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

support is a major for me. in the beginning when i got cravings and was plain miserable my husband would go out to the store no matter what time it was or what he was doing, and pick me up something sensible to eat. he lets me go to bed when i cant handle the cravings and puts the kids to bed himself (no easy task with my 2 little ones!). he hated to see how so very unhappy i was overweight so he knows i sometimes need to depend on him- instead of the other way around which is usually how it is in this house!

youre doing great sooznd! and the snacking is slowly going down too- thats when the pounds will come off! dont you like eggs in the morning? maybe substitute those 3 hot dogs for 1 hot dog and some eggs? seems like alot of sodium and nitrate
Old 03-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: capricapers
Stats: goal 150
WOE: Ketogenic 85 F/12 P/3 C
Start Date: 1/7/2013
2 eggs scrambled in CO nuked 1 pc OM baloney coffee w/ CO
S: if needed 1 pc thick cut bacon
L: tuna w/ mayo (can't handle the thought of three times the mayo as in fat fast style)
D: sauteed fish in CO small veggie melange w/ butter

water
capricapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

B- coffee w/ HC & 2 splendas
B- fried eggs in CO

L- fish filet w/ butter

D- stuffed peppers (ground beef, cheeses)

probably need a snack, maybe a CF diet soda and a 100 cal mixed nuts pack
Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooznd View Post
B 3 beef hot dogs, coffee w CO, water w acv
L 3 cups lettuce, 1/2 c mushrooms, 2 oz cheese, 2 oz ham
S 1 cream cheese cookie (almond meal, butter, cream cheese)
D pork chops, green beans, coleslaw
S 3 cream cheese cookies
:
Keep up the good work. Not being hungry is half the battle.

I would consider more protein as you go along. If you can handle Jay Robb or Nectar Sweets, they are both low carb/high protein ways of getting in more.
-o
Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
support is a major for me. in the beginning when i got cravings and was plain miserable my husband would go out to the store no matter what time it was or what he was doing, and pick me up something sensible to eat. he lets me go to bed when i cant handle the cravings and puts the kids to bed himself (no easy task with my 2 little ones!). he hated to see how so very unhappy i was overweight so he knows i sometimes need to depend on him- instead of the other way around which is usually how it is in this house!

youre doing great sooznd! and the snacking is slowly going down too- thats when the pounds will come off! dont you like eggs in the morning? maybe substitute those 3 hot dogs for 1 hot dog and some eggs? seems like alot of sodium and nitrate
Support is huge for me too. Hubby eats whatever I fix and adds toast or a salad when he wants more. I don't keep pasta, rice or potatoes in the house. He's one of the good guys.
-o
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

3/8
S/C/F/P/C = 10/42/26/101/1123
B: coconut oil
B: Protein Shake Jay Rob
S: Glucomannan Nectar Sweets Pudding
L: Asiago Romano Alfredo Chicken Broccoli
S: Blueberry Glucomannan
D: Dr Oz Glucomannan powder 1tsp, Mac and Cheese Cauliflower Hamburger
S: fiber bar
-o
Old 03-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/233/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart June 3 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
Welcome!

Was the "Angus frozen fully cooked hamburger patty" bought that way or did you cook and freeze them? I'm always looking for quick ways to make a meal.
-o
The burgers were bought in a box of 9 patties. Fully cooked. just heat for a minute or so in the microwave wrap in lettuce and you are good to go.
luvleliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Trade out the soy flour (nasty stuff IMO) for coconut flour. Maybe skip the almond flour too if you like coconut.

3.4 carbs VS 11.9 for 1/8 C
Coconut Flour Converter:
Coconut flour amounts converter | Nutrition facts | Convert to units and culinary measures.

I tried fitness pal but after years of doing foods in my spreadsheet the overhead to enter all my weird stuff was more than I could deal with. If you eat normal foods, it works well though.

Here's a recipe I found:
Coconut Flour Pancakes by Amber
Ingredients:
1 Cup unsweetened Almond Milk (Hemp or Coconut milks work too)
4 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1 tsp Stevia (varying this depending on your need for sweetness, this is a minimum)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon or Nutmeg (or both or neither)

Heat your griddle or waffle maker. Mix the eggs and other liquids together, then add dry ingredients. If you let pancakes cook too long on one side, they won't brown on the flip side. So be sure and flip them in time, although these took longer to cook than regular pancakes. I eat a 1/3 of these pancakes and store the rest for another meal or quick snack. I prefer them with Nature's Hallow Preserves and they were fluffy perfection.
-o
Old 03-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
Shiritaki noodles with spinach, beansprouts, tofu skin and coconut oil

Went out for a curry with family, although my meal was not strictly induction friendly I think I stayed on track quite well

Managed to skip the rice and bread and my usual chickpea curry in favour of a side portion of vegetable curry with green salad, and even picked out and left the potatoes and peas.
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

It's a life style not a diet.

I have a new mantra, motto, or whatever you want to call it. It's a life style, not a diet. I CAN'T eat everything I used to and I don't want to. It makes me sad,tired, and in pain. So I'm learning to live a new way.

The pizza turned out to be homemade thin crust with even thinner toppings. We ran out of money to buy the veggie tray. So I compromised and only ate a little. And now I hurt all over. Rain is coming, but that hasn't been bothering me on LC. So pain is a good motivator!

I forgot to eat lunch until 4 after breakfast at 7! I never really got hungry until 4.

Anyway, I will definitely look into some of the suggestions above. Thanks guys! Evening sweet tooth is the worst.

I had hot dogs when we were out of eggs and hadn't been to the store yet. We shopped yesterday. He eats what I eat but adds instant potatoes or rice or bread.

B 3 eggs & bacon, coffee w/CO & cream
L beef patty w/ cheese; small salad followed by 2 smaller beef patties w/cheese
D 2 slices pizza w paper thin topping (The youngest grandson ate both crusts coz he's teething) and 1 "cake ball".
S 1/2 c sour cream w/ diet jello powder

Sorry for the long post, but anyone got ideas on how to not eat carbs at his kid's houses without offending them? They don't get it.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

the restauarant dinner did not go well, no choices at all- and then i had beer afterwards bc i felt bad- if i said no to the beer the person i went with would have refused too and i know she wanted to hang out a bit (we are both moms that dont get out often! ) so needless to say i am up- alot. not going to even say how much until another day goes by- just in case it takes a little for it all to settle in.

and now back to eating sensibly. normally i would just accept it as a little setback (it wasnt like i binged bc i was craving, then i would be more upset) but this means i dont see my birthday goal happening in time. and thats been my biggest goal i have set so far- just because being 165 on my birthday seems like such an accomplishment, even if it is just a number on a scale....

ill get over this, i know.... just needing to vent for now....
Old 03-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

I'm changing things up a bit. Moving from BFC to JUDDD for 2 weeks.
Bear with me. My weight could get erratic.

3/8
S/C/F/P/C = 5.25/26/19/73/546.5
B: Protein Shake Jay Rob
S: Glucomannan Caramel Apple Cider Jello
L: Asiago Romano Alfredo Chicken Broccoli
S: Glucomannan Eggnog Jello
D: Dr Oz Glucomannan powder 1tsp, Chicken Wing Cabbage Soup
S: Protein Shake Nectar Sweets

3/9
S/C/F/P/C = 7.6/60/29/89/2167
B: Chia Ricotta Bowl Breakfast no whipped cream, + 3 more walnuts
S: Muffin In A Mug Zuke SF Chip Espresso half, Coconut Oil 1T
L: Cheesy Cabbage Ground Beef, mozzarella cheese
S: 2 Nathan's Beef Franks, mozzarella cheese
D: Dr Oz Glucomannan powder 1tsp, Jennie-o Turkey Sausage Poblano
S: Muffin In A Mug Chocolate Cream Cheese Topping half, Coconut Oil
Old 03-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatewashingup View Post
Shiritaki noodles with spinach, beansprouts, tofu skin and coconut oil

Went out for a curry with family, although my meal was not strictly induction friendly I think I stayed on track quite well

Managed to skip the rice and bread and my usual chickpea curry in favour of a side portion of vegetable curry with green salad, and even picked out and left the potatoes and peas.
We're away next weekend and will be eating out every meal. I'm preparing ahead and am aiming to do as well as you did eating out.

Keep up the good work!
-o
Old 03-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have a new mantra, motto, or whatever you want to call it. It's a life style, not a diet. I CAN'T eat everything I used to and I don't want to. It makes me sad,tired, and in pain. So I'm learning to live a new way.

The pizza turned out to be homemade thin crust with even thinner toppings. We ran out of money to buy the veggie tray. So I compromised and only ate a little. And now I hurt all over. Rain is coming, but that hasn't been bothering me on LC. So pain is a good motivator!

I forgot to eat lunch until 4 after breakfast at 7! I never really got hungry until 4.

Anyway, I will definitely look into some of the suggestions above. Thanks guys! Evening sweet tooth is the worst.

I had hot dogs when we were out of eggs and hadn't been to the store yet. We shopped yesterday. He eats what I eat but adds instant potatoes or rice or bread.

B 3 eggs & bacon, coffee w/CO & cream
L beef patty w/ cheese; small salad followed by 2 smaller beef patties w/cheese
D 2 slices pizza w paper thin topping (The youngest grandson ate both crusts coz he's teething) and 1 "cake ball".
S 1/2 c sour cream w/ diet jello powder

Sorry for the long post, but anyone got ideas on how to not eat carbs at his kid's houses without offending them? They don't get it.
Any of the SF Torani or DaVinci syrups in water are good for the sweet tooth. If you're feeling adventerous try an oopsi with cinnamon, butter and Splenda topping. Yum! Also Glucomannan powder with any of the SF syrups makes a good jello-like dessert. You'll have to order that by mail and it's expensive, but you only need 1 teaspoon per cup of water so it goes a long way.

Tell his kids the doctor put you on a low carb diet to stop your pain. Everyone understands trying to get rid of pain. Call your Dr's office and tell them you're going low carb to help with pain if you don't want to tell a little white lie.
-o
Old 03-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
the restauarant dinner did not go well, no choices at all- and then i had beer afterwards bc i felt bad- if i said no to the beer the person i went with would have refused too and i know she wanted to hang out a bit (we are both moms that dont get out often! ) so needless to say i am up- alot. not going to even say how much until another day goes by- just in case it takes a little for it all to settle in.

and now back to eating sensibly. normally i would just accept it as a little setback (it wasnt like i binged bc i was craving, then i would be more upset) but this means i dont see my birthday goal happening in time. and thats been my biggest goal i have set so far- just because being 165 on my birthday seems like such an accomplishment, even if it is just a number on a scale....

ill get over this, i know.... just needing to vent for now....
Being 165 on any day is an accomplishment. Move your birth date to the day you hit 165 if it makes you feel better. I vote for having 2 celebrations. It was an arbitrary date, right? No worries then, so long as you get there. You're back in the saddle heading towards your goal. That's what counts!
-o
Old 03-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

yeah it was definitely a mental thing- i call myself an old lady (even though im not, only 28 ) because i dont do anything anymore since having 2 little ones- so a birthday is really no big deal to me. i just wanted to be 165 so i would feel like it was a special day....
Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/233/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart June 3 2013
3/9
B: 1 atkins buttermilk pancake, with slice of cheese, egg over easy, 2 turkey sausage patties on top ( i call this my version of the mcgriddle), coffee with torani irish creme sugar free, sweet n low, heavy whipping cream
S: after breakfast not hungry and just worked out. Calories for breakfast almost hit 500 so cutting first snack. but burned 363 at Curves workout
L: spinach salad with green pepper, tomato, crumbled blue cheese, tbsp crumbled bacon, hardboiled egg, shredded cheddar/jack cheese, hidden valley buttermilk dressing - 2 tbsp.
S2: porkchop - don't want to waste what i cooked, no one at home eating it approx. 3 oz.
D: not sure yet, maybe meatballs, or left over boneless pork ribs with asparagus.

My goal on this diet is to stay away from the atkins bars. I used to eat way to many and they are way to expensive for me right now. I still have the shake if i need a sweet. That was my problem, getting my self trained that i needed a cookie or something sweet after every meal. Then a bite of bar here and there all adds up since most of them should be a meal. Still have a family to feed and they are pretty much following what i eat, except kid eats cereal and i make a side of baked potato or rice sometimes for them. Can't keep carbs all together out of an active already skinny 7 year olds life. If i thought there was a problem, then i would. LOL. My DH at the gym 2-3 hours a day!

I think we all have our good and bad days. When visiting a friend... bring something you CAN have for sure then you won't offend. I'm sure they would rather support you then be upset.

I'm also dieting with my co-workers....great support. but one is doing low-fat not low-carb. We already set a "treat" date for April 1 where we can go get our favorite grilled asparagus with a great, garlic aioli for lunch. - -the treat is it comes with baked chips and a lite 64 cal 3 carbs beer. Then right back on the diet we go.
luvleliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
Went chocolate crazy for some reason today, I just couldn't stop!! Really fell off the induction wagon...carbs and cals still not tooooo bad though.

Breakfast: flaxseeds, cocoa powder, coconut cream warmed up like porridge
Snacks: about 5 squares of xylitol chocolate about 3 tablespoon of Pb...and a bit of tofu
Dinner: radish hash browns and Tofu skin (lower carbs than normal tofu) stuffed with salad, and some tahini
then went and had a small portion of my breakfast for dessert

I think I Really messed up by not having lunch hence all the snacking and chocolate craziness.
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatewashingup View Post
Went chocolate crazy for some reason today, I just couldn't stop!! Really fell off the induction wagon...carbs and cals still not tooooo bad though.

Breakfast: flaxseeds, cocoa powder, coconut cream warmed up like porridge
Snacks: about 5 squares of xylitol chocolate about 3 tablespoon of Pb...and a bit of tofu
Dinner: radish hash browns and Tofu skin (lower carbs than normal tofu) stuffed with salad, and some tahini
then went and had a small portion of my breakfast for dessert

I think I Really messed up by not having lunch hence all the snacking and chocolate craziness.
That's why I have 3 planned snacks. I go haywire without them.
You're back on plan and doing well!
-o
Old 03-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvleliz View Post
3/9

My goal on this diet is to stay away from the atkins bars. I used to eat way to many and they are way to expensive for me right now. I still have the shake if i need a sweet. That was my problem, getting my self trained that i needed a cookie or something sweet after every meal. Then a bite of bar here and there all adds up since most of them should be a meal. Still have a family to feed and they are pretty much following what i eat, except kid eats cereal and i make a side of baked potato or rice sometimes for them. Can't keep carbs all together out of an active already skinny 7 year olds life. If i thought there was a problem, then i would. LOL. My DH at the gym 2-3 hours a day!

I think we all have our good and bad days. When visiting a friend... bring something you CAN have for sure then you won't offend. I'm sure they would rather support you then be upset.

I'm also dieting with my co-workers....great support. but one is doing low-fat not low-carb. We already set a "treat" date for April 1 where we can go get our favorite grilled asparagus with a great, garlic aioli for lunch. - -the treat is it comes with baked chips and a lite 64 cal 3 carbs beer. Then right back on the diet we go.
I can't do the bars. I plateau until I stop eating them.
-o
Old 03-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
Any of the SF Torani or DaVinci syrups in water are good for the sweet tooth. If you're feeling adventerous try an oopsi with cinnamon, butter and Splenda topping. Yum! Also Glucomannan powder with any of the SF syrups makes a good jello-like dessert. You'll have to order that by mail and it's expensive, but you only need 1 teaspoon per cup of water so it goes a long way.

Tell his kids the doctor put you on a low carb diet to stop your pain. Everyone understands trying to get rid of pain. Call your Dr's office and tell them you're going low carb to help with pain if you don't want to tell a little white lie.
-o
The sweets ideas sound good. What's an oopsi? By the way, it would not be a lie about the doctor. They did tell me to go LC for pain, weight, diabetes.

We went to a friend's house tonight. They invited us for supper at 6, but when we got there, no food. We talked and played with the little ones. So after an hour, they decide we should maybe cook something.

Tuna casserole? I said I could eat the tuna, so that would be fine. Nope. Baked fish? I said that's good. Nope. Decided to order pizza. Finally got food at 8. Unconscious sabotage? They were supportive in the past. Dunno, but I think no more eating at people's house unless I help supply the meal.

B-eggs and bacon, coffee w/CO and cream
L-Loaded Egg Drop Soup from LC recipes
D 3 slices pepperoni pizza, super thin crust, peppers and garlic butter
S-1 c sour cream w diet jello, inulin, and CO
Old 03-10-2012, 05:05 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

your friends sound like my husband's friends. recently when we went to the mountains they said they didnt feel like doing dishes so their plan for the weekend was to eat at mcdonalds for like every meal lazy! well me and my husband said ok thats fine, we will do our own dishes and we went to the supermarket and got our own food next time you re invited over just say ok whats the plan for dinner so i can prepare for myself and not be a pain for you guys. i dont think thats rude at all, they are friends! family can be tougher but friends are supposed to be understanding. at the mountains i got a little kidding but right off the bat i just said 'well im sick of being fat and uncomfortable, i cant do it any longer' and they shut up (i think bc i made it solely about myself and not them)
Old 03-10-2012, 06:24 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

3/10 DownDay
S/C/F/P/C = 1.6/24.75/14/74/507
B: Protein Shake 30g Nectar Sweets
S: Glucomannan Caramel Vanilla
L: Amy Lu Chicken Burger, Heinz One Carb Ketchup
S: Blueberry/Fuji Apple Pear Glucomannan
D: Glucomannan powder 1tsp, Cream of Chicken and Spinach Soup w/ rosemary
S: Protein Shake Nectar Sweets and almond breeze
Old 03-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The sweets ideas sound good. What's an oopsi? By the way, it would not be a lie about the doctor. They did tell me to go LC for pain, weight, diabetes.

We went to a friend's house tonight. They invited us for supper at 6, but when we got there, no food. We talked and played with the little ones. So after an hour, they decide we should maybe cook something.

Tuna casserole? I said I could eat the tuna, so that would be fine. Nope. Baked fish? I said that's good. Nope. Decided to order pizza. Finally got food at 8. Unconscious sabotage? They were supportive in the past. Dunno, but I think no more eating at people's house unless I help supply the meal.

B-eggs and bacon, coffee w/CO and cream
L-Loaded Egg Drop Soup from LC recipes
D 3 slices pepperoni pizza, super thin crust, peppers and garlic butter
S-1 c sour cream w diet jello, inulin, and CO
There are pages dedicated to oopsie, start here and google after that:
Moved to LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com/Blog: Cleochatra's Amazing Low-Carb 'Oopsie Rolls' Recipe Is To Die For

No matter where I go, I prepare a little Oscar with food with meals for the day. That way I have a snack if meals are late and a meal if others decide to have something not on my plan. At first folks thought it was strange. I even got "You're the oddest guest we've ever had." What I am is the most prepared guest they ever had. Either way I was on plan for the entire weekend because of it. Plan to succeed.

Pizza is easy for me. I order double meat, black olives, and double cheese on my half (or order a personal pan size for me) and pull the toppings off the crust and eat with a fork. Yep, strange looks abound, but only for the first few times. Then they realize I'm serious about what I put in my mouth.
-o
Old 03-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
at the mountains i got a little kidding but right off the bat i just said 'well im sick of being fat and uncomfortable, i cant do it any longer' and they shut up (i think bc i made it solely about myself and not them)
Perfect response!
-o