Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BagLadie
Stats: 178/168/150
WOE: Atkins... But i plan to include fruits much later.
Start Date: March 15th, 2011
Induction Stall...

Hello everyone!
I am sad to say that I have hit a stall on my atkins journey. I am pretty sure it is because i am working out daily (walk to and from work, a mile each way, plus cardio at the gym) but it is still a little upsetting. I drink MORE water than the recommended amount. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm waiting for the day I get up and see a 5 pound loss on the scale since there is no reason i should be at such a wall. I did consume some low sodium chicken broth last night. Any words of advice? Has this happened to anyone else working out? I know muscle weighs more than fat but... *sigh* I want to try to continue this lifestyle, but it seems to not be working for me. :/ thanks everyone!
BagLadie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: erraticc
Yep. I'm stalled.

I'm on Day 7 of Induction and feel/look no different. I refuse to get on the scale because I care about inches lost more than pounds, and so far, my clothes are still as tight as they were when I started.

I keep telling myself to just have patience and discipline. Stick to the diet, be patient, and (hopefully) results will show soon.

I'm getting discouraged, but I'm forcing myself to keep going. Because I'd rather keep going, knowing that this SHOULD eventually produce results than go back to binging, where I KNOW I wouldn't be doing anything to help myself.

I plan on staying in Induction as long as it takes to show results. This fat ain't gonna lose itself!
erraticc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pamalee63
Stats: 255/238/155
WOE: South Beach Phase 1
Depending on your age, the first thing I would consider is where you are in your monthly cycle. I always go up 5 lbs. during PMS & TOM (time of the month). Even low-sodium chicken broth still has quite a bit of sodium if I remember correctly. That can make a lot of difference in how much water you retain.

Which version of Atkins are you following, and do you have the book? It helps me so much to look through it and I almost always find new things I overlooked before.

In the past when I had a stall, I would eat just very simple meat and eggs for a couple days, with lots of water and no artificial sweeteners, heavy cream, or cheese, etc. It always helped get me back to losing.

If you are bulking up your muscles, your weight may not change, but your body composition should. If you haven't done so already, I would start measuring your body and keep a spreadsheet or some way of tracking it. I use an Excel spreadsheet and I try to measure once a week, especially on induction. I total the measurements so I can see at a glance how much they changed.

Another option (but probably pricey) would be to have one of those underwater body fat tests done every so often.

Hang in there!!
Pamalee63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: erraticc
I think, at least in my case, the problem is I keep reading about people's tremendous weightlosses during the first week and not seeing it happen to myself is just depressing.

I'm trying to be positive, but I'm beginning to be apathetic. I mean, afterall, I AM in the normal BMI range. I'm just doing Atkins to slim down to a more pleasing figure, no real health-endangering weight issues.
erraticc is offline   Reply With Quote