Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Madger
WOE: vlc
When I come across this in my subscribed threads and re-read it, I always think that BigGuy54 is right on point! It's a clear reminder that for some of us {me included} that there can't be swaying or tweakng- that simple is best and keeping to the basics is the key to success.
Madger is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kcort
Stats: 231/216/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 4, 2013
Glad I found this thread about going back to the basics...
I've not lost, and actually gained 4 pounds in the last 4 weeks.
I'm going back to basics...strictly, I know that will help!
Thanks for all the info guys!
kcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: micheleredit
Stats: 153/148/105
WOE: Ketogenic (high fat,low carb)
Start Date: April 4th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy54 View Post
Over the years, I have noticed a theme in the posts about people having problems losing while on Atkins induction: many people who are not losing or who are gaining weight are toeing the line on what they consider acceptable foods (eating tons of cheese, cream, low-carb processed foods, etc.) Recently I went on a LONG stall (I’m staying on induction until goal) and I had to take a step back and look at exactly what I was putting into my body. I noticed I had slowly started eating more heavy whipping cream, more nuts, more jerky and other processed meats, more cheese, etc. I was under 20 carbs, but being under 20 carbs for the day is not the only rule for Atkins induction. Now that the Atkins plan is readily available for free online, I highly recommend that people starting or returning to induction review the rules and not just go buy whatever information they hear in passing. Now I try as hard as I can to follow these rules, in addition to the 20 carb rule:

-No nuts of any kind
-No more than 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
-Use only REAL butter
-No processed meats (almost all processed meats that I have seen have corn syrup, dextrose, etc., even though the package says 0 carbs)
-No more than 3-4 oz of cheese
-I only eat bunless fast food burgers if they post the ingredients on their website and the beef contains nothing other than beef, salt, and/or pepper
-Nothing that has any type of sugar in the ingredients list, regardless of the number of carbs posted on the package
-No seasoning that contains sugar, regardless of the carbs (I recently discovered that flavoring meat with just cumin tastes almost exactly like sugar-filled taco seasoning you buy in the store)

The first week I did this I broke my stall and lost 6.1 lbs - hope this helps!

Thanks for posting!!!! I need to get back to basics too. Good reminder!!!!
micheleredit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
BTW where IS BigGuy54? is he still here (this is an OLD thread)??
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
It's a good list and reminder.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rayven
Stats: high:240ish-cur:Afraid to look-Goal: back to 140
WOE: Atkins - DANDR & Atkins Essentials combo
Start Date: Initial Start: November, 2000
Great Reminders

Old thread or new thread, the points made are all valid and helpful. I'm trying to do as clean of an Induction as possible. I've been off and on the lc wagon since late 2000, and without beating myself up over it too much, I know this is how I need to eat - always.

This latest bump in the road came since I've been off work since December 9, which led to my 4th knee surgery on January 9th. Since that time I became pretty depressed and ate what I wanted, no holds barred. Boy did I ever!!! I'm still using a cane, am unable to exercise by most definitions, but have somehow crawled back up onto the wagon, hoping it'll take me back

I've ordered myself a scale (can't exactly go shopping - I can't even go into my own basement lol) and then the seriousness, dedication, and motivation will reallly be full steam ahead. I have, unfortunately, no idea how much I weighed pre-free-for-all binge of December, to renewing Induction, effective March 18th, to now. I guess when the scale shows up I'll use that as my "re-start" point. *fear sets in*.

I've spent many a day re-reading these boards, and this is the one that really inspired me to post -- and even added some newer pics to my gallery -- some accountability for my lackadaisical approach of late - but no more!

*~*~ The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.~*~*
rayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I have restarted too, Rayven. I am so happy that I have been in for over four weeks now.
I have not weighed myself, big time denial. But I am getting the point that I might do so.
I am not in a big hurry though, as long as I clothes are getting losser. Lots of inspiration about these boards.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rayven
Stats: high:240ish-cur:Afraid to look-Goal: back to 140
WOE: Atkins - DANDR & Atkins Essentials combo
Start Date: Initial Start: November, 2000
Hiya bella!! congrats on the re-start!
Definitely agree with you about the clothes getting looser - that generally makes me happier than the number on the scale.
Having said that, I just dug out my old food logs/weight logs/measurement logs from when I was losing consistently in 2005/06 and think it's given me the idea that I should measure again this time, after the scale shows up lol
rayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
I was JUST asking where he was. That is all.
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote