Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: luisn17
Induction meal plan

Hi,

I would like to see if you anyone can help me identify if I'm doing something wrong with my diet. Today is day 7 of induction and I lost 6 pounds in the first 4 days and then complete stop and actually gained a pound. This is my menu and I was eating the atkins bar for snacks but I completely stop since I read some people stop losing weight when they eat them.

My menu is the following:

Breakfast: 2 to 3 scrambled eggs with a little pieces of jalapeno. I cook it with a little bit of mazola corn oil, powder onion, powder garlic, and salt. I drink this with 24 oz of water.

Lunch: I eat a tuna I prepare: Tuna, regular kraft mayo, and lettuce all mixed to create something like a paste.

Snack: a cup or 2 two of lettuce.

Dinner: A tomato, 2 cups of lettuce, and big piece of tilapia fish.

I dont get that hungry ever since my 4th day and find myself forcing to eat for lunch so I dont pass so many hours without eating. I'm eating to "healthy" for arkins? Do I need to eat more meat and less fish? I also drink about 10 8oz cups thru the day

Thank you in advance,

Luis

Last edited by luisn17; 06-20-2011 at 10:54 PM..
luisn17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bergamot
Stats: 231/165/~160 6'1"
WOE: Induction ⇒ LCHF
Start Date: August 2nd, 2010
If you find yourself "forcing" yourself to eat lunch, the solution is to make your breakfast smaller. Anytime you force yourself to eat when you're not at all hungry is a bad thing in any diet.

The tomato probably has the most carbs out of everything on your menu, so you can try halving your portion there and eating more fish, or adding mayo.

Just remember that your weight loss isn't going to be at a steady rate. Some weeks you will stall, some weeks you may even gain a little. But stick with it and you will see results. Always think long-term, making a weight-loss chart can help you do that.
Bergamot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SharonB61
Stats: 168/132/135
WOE: VLC / IF
I'm in my third week of induction, and eating pretty much the same as you and have only lost 2 lbs! Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong....... I saved my food diary from a few years back when I lost 9lbs in the first two weeks, and I'm eating EXACTLY the same things. I'm guessing it's just my age (50) and metabolism. Very disheartening, especially when I've got 20 to lose.
SharonB61 is offline   Reply With Quote