Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kateee
Stats: 220/162.2/155 (5'9")
WOE: Atkins Phase 3-4
Start Date: April 2011
Side Effects?

Anyone experience feeling lousy starting out the first week of induction?

Low blood pressure? Low blood sugar?

My first week of Atkins, and my BS read 95 yesterday...... 2 hours after eating.....

I felt really bad, so I messed up my induction by having 1T peanut butter and a 1/2 cup of cola yesterday....

Back to induction today, and I feel normal once again.....I go to the doc on Monday for blood work.....I'm diabetic.....
Kateee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
it's great that you had a normal blood sugar!

are you taking diabetes medications other than metformin, especially insulin? if so, you will probably need to decrease your dose as you get going low carbing. be careful and test often.

95 is quite normal, nothing to be unhappy about. if it was below 70 you might get concerned if you are on diabetes meds other than metformin, because the drugs could be continuing to lower your blood sugar from that point to where it gets unhealthy.

good luck!

normally the reason people feel bad on induction is lack of sodium as their bodies flush out so much water, but as you point out if you are drinking sugared cola you aren't on induction so that is probably not an issue.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kateee
Stats: 220/162.2/155 (5'9")
WOE: Atkins Phase 3-4
Start Date: April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
it's great that you had a normal blood sugar!

are you taking diabetes medications other than metformin, especially insulin? if so, you will probably need to decrease your dose as you get going low carbing. be careful and test often.

95 is quite normal, nothing to be unhappy about. if it was below 70 you might get concerned if you are on diabetes meds other than metformin, because the drugs could be continuing to lower your blood sugar from that point to where it gets unhealthy.

good luck!

normally the reason people feel bad on induction is lack of sodium as their bodies flush out so much water, but as you point out if you are drinking sugared cola you aren't on induction so that is probably not an issue.
Thank you Ravenrose......I'm presently reading Atkins 72, and Dr Atkins Diabetes Revolution.....I didn't know about the salt.

I was on induction, and I drank the cola because I felt bad....now I need to start my induction over again.....but with feeling bad, it could be all I needed was salt....I see the doc on Monday to find out how to adjust my meds when its time....I'm just on metformin 500 once a day. My doctor did Atkins at one time...it was good to hear from him that he O.K.ed Atkins

Katee
Kateee is offline   Reply With Quote