Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AlyssaJeane
Stats: 376/355/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 05/15/11
Meals at Applebees??

My friend's birthday party is going to be partially at Applebee's and I was looking over their online menu and I can't figure out what I can have from their choices. I'm on a limited income so I don't want to spend more than $12 on the meal, so I'm ruling out the steaks. I was thinking just the house salad, but I'm not sure that would fill me up... Any ideas?
AlyssaJeane is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
If you have any of their meats, just be warned of the sodium content and also I think they may use MSG in their foods. I swell when I eat there. One time I ate a bourbon chicken/shrimp combo from there and overnight gained five pounds. It was just fluid and came off in a few days. Maybe they have a grilled chicken salad option?
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KalamityKaTT
Stats: 365/311/185
WOE: Low Carb - Induction
Start Date: January 1st 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star73 View Post
If you have any of their meats, just be warned of the sodium content and also I think they may use MSG in their foods. I swell when I eat there. One time I ate a bourbon chicken/shrimp combo from there and overnight gained five pounds. It was just fluid and came off in a few days. Maybe they have a grilled chicken salad option?
Oh Lord!! Me too. The same exact meal. I thought I mistakenly ate carbs or something. Ruined my whole week. Then another time I ate the steak and shrimp... same thing. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.
KalamityKaTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityKaTT View Post
Oh Lord!! Me too. The same exact meal. I thought I mistakenly ate carbs or something. Ruined my whole week. Then another time I ate the steak and shrimp... same thing. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.
wow! craziness that it happened to both of us! I haven't eaten there since!
Old 05-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Theywill be glad to sub thing`s for you.Like sub brocoli or mashed potatoes.I get their smotherd grilled chicken with no onions,veggies and saad. I have no problems with eating it.
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

@ jaded: yes, I asked them to keep their potatoes and just give me extra veggies. They had no problem with it. I never went over in carbs but for some reason something they cook with sends me up 4ish lbs. I'm thinking a ton of salt, or something else hidden because each time I go there the very next morning i'm 4 lbs heavier.

@ Star: Yes, it is very weird. I'm thinking if i ate there earlier on in the day instead of dinner right before bed, I might not "gain" as much. My guess is the salt intake is making me retain water and since I go to bed shortly after, I'm not able to drink enough water before bed to flush it back out. They have amazing low carb foods tho!! Also, It could be what ever the "Bourbon street" seasonings/sauces/sautes are made of as well that cause our problems.. which again suggest hidden carbs or a LOT of salt.

Regardless, I LOVE bourbon street! I just eat it sparingly until I figure out what the issue is, and with great caution. =D
365 - 2/1/11 ~ 275 - 8/13/11 ~ 90#s in 6 months.

Restart
327 - 1/1/14
First mini goal - 275 lbs
---------------------------------------------------
Old 05-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 320/255.4/170
WOE: Atkins 1972 (sorta?)
Start Date: April 4, 2011
Applebees is absolutely horrible for low carb people. Even the salad has that weird preservative in it.

I had an issue yesterday and for the second time in two weeks gained 4.5 lbs in a day. I am not sure how I have such water retention, or what to do about it, but it is pretty discouraging.

Great job on your losses Kat!
bigguyinalittlecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

I actually believe they use MSG. I can tell when people use that in their foods. I swell big time. I have that reaction to the stuff. I don't care for Applebees but if people I'm going with are choosing to eat there I will opt for a salad from now on and hope for the best
Old 05-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Katt, I wasn`t defending them. LOL. I know their food is wayyyyyyyy to salty and has loads of msg and alot of other stuff. I was just telling what I order and that they will sub stuff. I will tell you all another place that is full of salt,Chilis, I got a steak there and it was good, but oh my so salty. I am guessing it is amarinade that they use. WHY, can`t they just use nothing???
Old 05-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Katt, I wasn`t defending them. LOL. I know their food is wayyyyyyyy to salty and has loads of msg and alot of other stuff. I was just telling what I order and that they will sub stuff. I will tell you all another place that is full of salt,Chilis, I got a steak there and it was good, but oh my so salty. I am guessing it is amarinade that they use. WHY, can`t they just use nothing???
oh I love Chilis. I always get the same thing though, the Caribbean grilled chicken salad I'm not counting carbs though. It's delicious and fresh. I can't really speak for anything else. I wish these restaurants wouldn't use so much salt and other preservatives on their meats too!
Old 05-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

I like Chilis,too.Thsy have good food. I just can`t believe these places use so much salt and msg.It is uncalled for.Next time I go out i am going to ask for a NO SALT entree and just see what they say. I bet it will be sorry, we have salt in everything. LOL.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
I like Chilis,too.Thsy have good food. I just can`t believe these places use so much salt and msg.It is uncalled for.Next time I go out i am going to ask for a NO SALT entree and just see what they say. I bet it will be sorry, we have salt in everything. LOL.
ROFL, I bet so. Would LOVE to hear how that turns out.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Signalguys
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaJeane View Post
My friend's birthday party is going to be partially at Applebee's and I was looking over their online menu and I can't figure out what I can have from their choices. I'm on a limited income so I don't want to spend more than $12 on the meal, so I'm ruling out the steaks. I was thinking just the house salad, but I'm not sure that would fill me up... Any ideas?
I would be sure to eat something before I went. That way you can get a small salad and be in control.
Signalguys is offline   Reply With Quote