Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CindyF
Stats: 154/144/129
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 30, 2012
Thoughts on B12 injections

I keep seing this commercial from BlueSkyMd where they give b12 injections and such......do you think these will assist in weight loss on Atkins or hinder?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbf2XcK/]
CindyF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
I have a friend that takes them for a energy booster,she swears they make her starve to death.I also have noticed she HAS been gaining weight.She told me that she has gained 15 pounds since she started taking them. I think she had her last one last week. I take a B12 supplement. It has not bothered me or made me hungry. I can tell it does give me more energy.
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

That is crazy...I wonder why they are used in the diet clinics....don't need anything to make me gain weight!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
I have no idea. Now, she gave them to herself. Maybe she was over doing it?? Maybe not. I just KNOW it did make her gain weight.Also, I think they use them in the clinics to boost your energy, not to control your appetite.Most diets make you feel like crap. Atkins doesn`t.

Last edited by Jaded62; 04-14-2011 at 07:18 PM..
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lyra
WOE: Atkins/Paleo
my thoughts are that they are primarily intended for people who are deficient ( read : vegans ) .. I think if you're eating Atkins you're already getting plenty of b12 rich foods so I don't think there would be much use in them.
lyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SherBel
WOE: Atkins Induction-(esque)
Start Date: Feb 17, 2012
I have a friend who did the Dr. Bernstein (sp?) diet thing; she had to get B12 shots a couple of times a week at the clinic. I assumed that it was because she was basically on a starvation diet, 500-800 calories a day. As Lyra pointed out, Atkins induction is rich in B12-containing foods.
SherBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

That could be the case. My friend did them years back with phenphen. You may have to take them to supplement your low appetite and lack of eating.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KalamityKaTT
Stats: 365/311/185
WOE: Low Carb - Induction
Start Date: January 1st 2014
I gave myself b12 injections the first time I did atkins several years ago. I also have a friend who takes phentermine now. Her doctor offers the injections as well. Basically, what I was told and what it did for me was that it really helps with energy which helps to boost your metabolism.

I opted not to do them this time. I just lost the stomach for stabbing myself with a needle twice a week. Ugh!
KalamityKaTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyAnn13
Start Date: September 19, 2013
Anyone have experience with 2 week B12 injections?

My dermatologist also runs a weight loss center, and she gives B12 injections for weight loss. She says the injections give energy and, therefore, boost metabolism. I have noticed that I still have the energy to exercise after 5pm, but I'm not sure if this is due to getting stronger from exercise or from the B12 injection. I had one a week ago that is supposed to last two weeks. Does anyone have experience with the longer lasting injections?
KathyAnn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
I self-inject B12 weekly. Not for the energy or supposed weight loss advantage, but because I'm chronically low in it, regardless of the fact that my diet is rich in it. I have been doing it for over a year now, and I don't notice a difference in my energy or weight loss (though I restarted after I went on the shots), but my levels are more acceptable, medically speaking.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
Start Date: 3 March 2013
I also self-inject once a month plus take an oral supplement (under the tongue) daily. The ability to absorb B12 from your food decreases as you age so it is important to supplement once you're over 35 or so. B12 also helps release energy from food and works to maintain your ferritin levels. I really would question what your friend was injected with since there is no cause-effect link from B12 to weight gain (or even loss). It can make you feel better if you are low but I've never heard of anyone gaining because of it. I needed it after experiencing nerve damage due to really low levels (in the elderly, they are often misdiagnosed with dementia when its actually B12 deficiency manifesting as mental decline).

Ps - you need the full B complex as well as B12 so its a good idea to pop a complex or sublingual in addition to the B12 (injection or oral).
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote