Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SunnyPie
What happens if you break induction? :(

I dont remember exactly HOW much i ate but if i were to count my sources of carbs, they were the following:
1.walhuts.... like one cup... maybe one and half? i even took them because i think they are lower in carbs that pecans haha...
and after eating that much i watched out so i wouldnt go past my 20 grams, but then I couldnt resist and had for dinner:
2. hard mozarrella cheese with 4 slices of ham 1 gram of carb each

I have been on induction... counting today a whole week. i didnt expecgt that to get me off the wagon, but today i weighted 2 pounds more than yesterday

my question is.. today im definitely starting again, no doubt.. but is it from day one? will it take me that long to get back into ketosis? :s
SunnyPie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ENDZONE
Stats: 260/200/199 (1st goal)
WOE: Plain Low Carb
Start Date: 07/05/2008 Restart 04/1/13 approx. 236
Don't stress over it. Get back on the horse. Today is a new day. Just begin trying to keep below 20 carbs just like before (well, not yesterday LOL).
ENDZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SunnyPie
but did i start all over again and should start from day one, or week one? i was thinking a lot, and could eating parmesan cheese have something to do..? it has a lot of salt and maybe im retaining water... but i dont know if thats possiblein atkins haha
SunnyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #4

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
the real thing here is to look at what went wrong. do you have much to lose? have you been successful before and regained? if you are obese, this has to be a lifetime commitment if you aren't going to go right back to where you are and then gain some more. most of us here have done that many times before we really GOT IT. I hope you can learn from us and not have to go through decades of losing and regaining like we did...

the fact of the matter is, if you have a lot to lose, two weeks is really not nearly enough induction, so definitely restart the clock, but think more in terms of a month or two or three... if you only have a few pounds to lose, you will probably do fine if you stick to it, no matter if you only do another week of induction, because you probably have a much better metabolism than many of us. it's totally up to you, but there is a good reason people do a MINIMUM of two weeks clean induction.

best of luck! *hug*
Old 02-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Goldilocks
Stats: 215/200/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2011
I've messed up too and am starting from day one, week one again today.

Good luck. Let the skinny commence!
Goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:15 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jasmine541
Stats: 187
WOE: optifast
Start Date: 11/20/13
I messed up on my food yesterday and went and bought the Atkins book. Now I have the guidelines to follow. Back on induction today! Thanks for being here!
Jasmine541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: berighteous
Stats: 320's/258/200
Start Date: January 2012
Nobody's gonna beat you up if you go over in carbs one day. Just be more diligent the next day. One day's bad eating won't undo everything. You may go up in some water, but it'll flush out eventually.

I went out a couple weeks ago to do pool therapy with my lovely wife and we were beat when we got done. We went to whichwich for lunch and I was too tired to care to take the bread off my 14" double pastrami sammich. I gained, no kidding, 4 pounds just from the sandwich! It was the only carbs I had the whole day. I was horrified, but it came off within a couple days of clean eating.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: camel?
Stats: 194/165/159
Start Date: November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyPie View Post
I dont remember exactly HOW much i ate but if i were to count my sources of carbs, they were the following:
1.walhuts.... like one cup... maybe one and half? i even took them because i think they are lower in carbs that pecans haha...
and after eating that much i watched out so i wouldnt go past my 20 grams, but then I couldnt resist and had for dinner:
2. hard mozarrella cheese with 4 slices of ham 1 gram of carb each

I have been on induction... counting today a whole week. i didnt expecgt that to get me off the wagon, but today i weighted 2 pounds more than yesterday

my question is.. today im definitely starting again, no doubt.. but is it from day one? will it take me that long to get back into ketosis? :s

Don't sweat it. The 2 pounds is probably water. It will come off again. Just pick up where you were. Progress, not perfection!
camel? is offline   Reply With Quote