Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jooser
Stats: 188/152/164 (current)/135
WOE: Atkins <25 net carbs
Start Date: January 2008, new start 1/28/11
Why have I stopped losing?

I'm so aggravated! The scale hasn't moved in 4-5 days! I am still on induction, I started 1/28, all of my loss was the first 10 days. My calories do stay pretty low, less than 1500. Not by choice, it's just after the meat, cheese, egg and salad and I meet my 15-18 net grams of carbs, that's just where I am.

I didn't start working out yet, as I didn't think my caloric intake would be high enough. This week I did add a carbmaster maybe every other day. Everything else is just meat, cheese, eggs and some veggies. Usually a 3 c salad, lettuce only with olive oil and red wine vinegar.

Over the last few days, my water intake did decrease and yesterday I started to make myself drink more. Any tricks on getting the body back to losing, I was doing so well.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironic44
Stats: 260/210/199
WOE: low carb between 20 and 30 + exercise
Start Date: Feb 15 2010
Just keep it up...the lbs will come off remember its a lifestyle change not a race
ironic44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dynamic Dreams
Stats: 236.0/185.8/140
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: September 6, 2010
You still are doing so well. 4-5 days is not long at all. i know it can be frustrating, but just keep at it. Take measurements and remember sometimes our bodies have to adjust to our new lifestyle too, which can show up as again or no loss on the scale. you may still be burning fat, but water is taking it's place for the time being and then you will suddenly start losing again. I've had weeks where I haven't lost anything or even gained, only to hve it fall off a week or so later. Just keep at it. And ironic44 is right, it isn't a race, it's a lifestyle so just keep going.
Dynamic Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #4

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
PLEASE. just look at the trend. this doesn't mean you have stopped losing. You've lost 9 lb in less than two weeks????? that is AMAZING. you should be throwing a party! I just can't understand where people get these expectations... pretty soon you will start losing more slowly, of course, but for now rejoice in your miracle fast weight loss. and realize that unless you are prepared to eat this way forever you will just gain it back anyway, so it's really almost irrelevant at that point... the amazing news is that by sticking to a low carb woe for life, you could actually be a slender person. only one out of 20 who lose a lot manage to keep it off, so it will be a HARD job, but just seeing that possibility is an amazing motivation. good luck!

Last edited by ravenrose; 02-09-2011 at 09:25 AM..
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: camel?
Stats: 194/165/159
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
Almost everyone has a slowdown around week 4. Your body is adjusting to this for the long haul. Relax, it will come. After the initial huge losses we all lose at a rate of 1-3 pounds per week, on average. As you near your goal it may slow down further. But it will come off. Try to enjoy your way of eating, and focus on the benefits you are feeling. Don't stress about the scale. Your weight can vary up and down due to many factors (salt intake, hormones, weather, sickness etc). Don't panic, relax and be patient!
camel? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I would be happy to lose 5 lbs. a month.

So keep trying.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JayceeMN
Stats: 245/173.4/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan.5, 2004 restart FINALLY Jan 17, 2011
Just relax, your fine! I know it's hard for all of us to be patient, but think long term
JayceeMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jooser
Stats: 188/152/164 (current)/135
WOE: Atkins <25 net carbs
Start Date: January 2008, new start 1/28/11
Thanks guys! I finally took my measurements for the first time today. (I've never really wanted to know them, denial) I "look" like I am slimmer today, so that was enough to keep me on track. Yeah, I know I shouldn't complain of 9 lbs in 10 days, I guess I just got spoiled!

Just wanting to see the lbs leave me faster and be the old me again.
Jooser is offline   Reply With Quote