Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cisalisa
Stats: 213/190.5/150-160
WOE: Atkins- Induction + WINE
Start Date: Dec 2008- RE-restart January 2012
Induction (and WINE) Junkies

This is a continuation of a thread called "Starting Induction June 1st...anyone else??" started by txtravelgirl. We picked up lots of friends along the way, most of whom seemed reluctant to move on beyond the induction phase of atkins, and ALL reluctant to give up the hooch (i.e. wine, beer, alcohol of all kinds )

So... this little group of the 3 remaining posters decided we needed to start a new thread and link it here BEFORE it got too long and wouldn't let us post anymore, just in case any of our old friends came back to check in. (5cats, Toria , Raven we all miss you!!!)

We welcome new posters, I know personally I would not have made it as far as I have on this life changing journey if it wasn't for favorite LC girlies!! They have been my inspiration, my motivation, my saving GRACE!!

So- who wants to join us in the trials and tribulations of the LC lifestyle? If you join our little gang I promise, you will laugh, cry, and be inspired!

HAPPY SUNDAY TO ALL!

Lisa

1st goal: 180 by 2.13.12

Final: Fit, healthy, maintaining, and SEXY by 9.8.12 (my sister's wedding date)

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PracticingMind
Stats: 162/150/130, 5'7''
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: lost count...
Thanks for starting the new thread Lisa!

For any newcomers, here is a quick recap of where I'm at - started induction June 1st at 156.6 pounds. I was stalled for a long time and finally just got moving again, and my weigh in last week was 146.0!

I usually do very low carb during the week, and then eat kinda poorly over the weekend. The healthiest? No, but man I cannot stay on plan for weeks on end like some people. And like Lisa said, I love me some wine! I tried giving it up and was miserable. So I make up for it by eating meat and eggs only on some days.

Cheers!!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Just getting ready for the week... I find that I can really push myself on mon-wed and eat under 5 carbs a day and then see a big loss on Thursday weigh in. So I'm trying to capitalize on that. Sunday is a good day to prepare - here's what I do:

- go through the fridge and throw out/give away anything that is going to be a problem. If there's too much food in there, I feel like I'm in a race against time to eat it all before it goes bad. So I either freeze it, make bf eat it, or throw it out (if it's seriously off plan.)

- make sure I have enough meat that I enjoy to make it through the week.

- plan out my meals in my diet calendar.

- eat under ten carbs today, so it's not such a shock to my system tomorrow.

- get myself psyched up to see an all new low on Thursday!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kristie88
Stats: 320.6/249.8/239 6th Goal restart 317.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/28/10 re-start 12/7/11
WELLLL HELLLLOOOOO girls LOL thanks lisa for starting the new thread .... i couldnt have described this experience better myself!

MY little story is ... i started June at 321 now im in the 270's YAY had a lil gain from indulging but hopefully ill be back in the 260's then downward....

Thanks to my 2 favorite Low carbers they helped me get here without judgement and ton's of advice...

New thread new start right girls!!!

Everyone have a great week
Old 10-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

SO i had my dads 70th bday surprise party .. i did have some things with carbs but i picked i didnt gorge myself.. back on track tomorrow and meat and eggs... cant wait to have eggs and ham tomorrow lol thats it for me until thanksgiving.. im hoping to lose at LEAST 10lbs by then. time to get focused ...no more excuses or parties until then!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Great idea starting with a short version of our journey.

I started mid-June at 190 (that's after a 10 pound regain after losing 30 a few years before)... I'm now at 170! 10 pounds lower than my lowest on Atkins. I really feel like this is a more permanent change this time. I've always dieted with the intention of being able to eat whatever I want when I get skinny. Boo! So, now I'm on track, but I'm not switching from induction until I get to my goal of 160... probably not the way I should do it, but that's what works for me.

I totally planned on having nothing but meat and eggs today after my slip up last night, but I went to Jason's Deli today and ate a huge salad and a cup of broccoli cheese soup. It was yummy! Tonight I had a Quick Peanut Butter Muffin from Linda's Low Carb site. It was really good. I'm stuffed now, so I think I'm done eating for the day! Lol! I'm going to try for meat and eggs again tomorrow. I really want to get back into ketosis!!!!

Kristie- was your Dad surprised?? Glad you had fun!

Practicing- I love your plan. I wish I was as structured as you are. I had every intention of getting to the grocery store today and getting a menu together, but after I took the boys costume shopping I was beat. I wrote lesson plans and caught up on Private Practice.

So- my oldest son has decided he wants to be Link from The Legend of Zelda, which we did when he was 5. Only change, this year he wants to be the Blue Link from Four Swords. I just wanted to show ya'll a picture from 2004. He was sooooo little. But Dang, we did a good job on his costume! Oh, there are a few of DH's awesome homemade costumes too! He's done the Tin Man and Jack the Box. He's kind of a master. Check em out if you feel like it.
Halloween Past and Present | Facebook
Old 10-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

lisa:He was truly surprised he thought he was going to dinner with my sister he walked in and thought oh man we have to eat here with a party going on until he realized it was for him LOL and btw those costumes were AWESOME tinman one unreal and the zelda one so cute i loved the homemade costume 100% than store bought!! Love the av pic LMAO
Old 10-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Lisa - You guys are too cute as tinman and dorothy! I'll bet the dorothy costume was fun to wear. I am also super impressed at the jack in the box head - he made that?! Nice. What are you guys going as next year?

Kristie - That is so sweet about your Dad... awww. I'm glad the party was a success. Good luck with eggs and ham! I always feel like I am in the mood for that dish.

Today I am going to wait until this afternoon where I have a nice big flat iron steak to grill up for dinner. And then later on in the evening I'll have some eggs and bacon if I'm hungry. Go meat! I have a good feeling that if I follow this plan for the next few days, I can see new low #s on Thursday. And then I will have some wine to celebrate!
Old 10-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Ham and eggs this morning and some cheese .. in the afternoon coffee with cream and splenda.. dinner is fend for yourself night LOL I might even skip dinner not really hungry

Oh and to bring up the flax seed might be TMI but it really cleans you out!!! boy let me tell you i felt empty inside LOL im totally gonna make one of those muffins tomorrow get rid of these carbs chillin in my body LOL

SOOOOO my house should be ready this week we prob can move in this weekend more likely during next week hubby is on vacation so it works out perfectly!!! we are moving into the house his grandmother owns .. they totally renovated it for us knocked down walls painted made a laundry room whew i cant wait.... it has 2 bedrooms and an office with a great yard!!! i cant wait to get out of this studio!!!! 2 adults and a baby in a studio was def hard but we all survived lol now i cant wait to have parties out my house now LOL i hated going to other houses for holidays and birthdays now ill be hosting pretty much all the holidays i cant wait.. thanksgiving will be my first one so i def want to lose more weight by then ... its funny this new thread really made me focused today i kept saying new thread new start i know im weird but its like im starting from scratch again .... so im 276 today lets see how long it take to get back to 267 ...im hoping by next week im praying its all water LOL

Goodluck everyone!!!
259 4th Goal MET JANUARY 2011
249 5th Goal MET MARCH 2011

Last edited by kristie88; 10-18-2010 at 03:28 PM..
Old 10-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Kristie - New thread, new start - I feel it too. You will be back in the 60's in no time!

That is great news about your new place - happy nesting! We just moved into an apartment that's good for having people over after a few years of living in shoebox sh*tholes that were not suitable for entertaining. It is wonderful to have friends over and entertain! and I think I said earlier, I find it a lot easier to stay on plan when you are the host. I'm not sure why. but that may be another thing to look forward to.

Lisa - I mean THIS year, what are you guys going as THIS year - duh me no type good

Okay about to eat mah steaks yum yum. I had a snack around 5 - a couple hot dogs (just cold straight from the package, classy I know) and a wee bit of roast beef. Now for steaks, a glass of white, and that's all she wrote!

Last edited by PracticingMind; 10-18-2010 at 07:11 PM..
Old 10-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

peeked at the scale and im down yay i cant wait for thursday im hoping to be as close to the 60's as possible.. yesterday was very easy for me had the eggs ham and cheese and for dinner i had 3 pieces of ham and cheese and that was that....

Practicing: I dont know how you ate cold hot dogs i wouldnt be able to force that down your like my hubby he can eat them outta the package too LOL

well im out of eggs today : ( i read that eggs were giving some people headaches on this thread hmmmm prob will have salad we will see...

Until later ladies

Last edited by kristie88; 10-19-2010 at 06:51 AM..
Old 10-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

morning ladies hope you all are having a perfectly on plan day. I'm wearing a pair of jeans that are feeling a little big even straight out of the dryer! I think they will be my first item of clothing to go into the "too big" pile... the first of many hopefully. I can't believe it took ten pounds to even come close to dropping a size... my clothes are all just a tad loose. I think all of my clothes were too tight to start with, that's why.

Okay I'm off to work. Dinner tonight is chicken drumsticks baked in the oven till the skin is crispy. My old favorite. Those are what got me through the first two weeks of induction.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Kristie - I feel the same way about eggs and ham! It's the easiest. I'm glad your excited for weigh in - are you weighing in tomorrow? That's what I was planning on doing.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

practicing: Its the first time in a long time im excited to weigh in ill prob weigh in and peek.. but ill be changing my stats good or bad on thursday.. im attracted to the scale like flys to sh*t LMAO every time im strict on plan i find myself weighing everyday which is bad because my weight fluctuates up and down all week .. oh well im an addict LOL im so happy that your cloths are getting loose thats a great feeling i finally got outta my maternity cloths ( which i was wearing the past yr : ( cause nothing fit now they are wayyyy to big YAY) i got some cloths from my sister but they are too big to but shopping for cloths is a lil frustrating because im in between sizes so the smaller sizes fit but give me muffin top lol another ten lbs id say to get into a smaller size

Had a slice of cheese today and some coffee with cream and splenda had to go to the new house to over see the floors getting installed... they came out nice i would have liked wood floors ( ill save it for MY house LOL ) they put in vinyl it looks nice .. neutral colors in a unorganized brick /tile pattern next is the rugs on thursday.. i have to help my friend with her costume she wants to be a peacock she orders over $100.00 worth of peacock feathers .. im her handy helper she not a creative bone in her body and since me and my sister are creative genius's (in our own head) we are helping her LOL sorry for the long post but im totally full of energy and jitters right now LOL

Dinner is fend for yourself night again we are trying to get rid of all the food in the freezer and fridge for the move next week .. lets see what i can come up with this time around last night was a bust since i only had the ham.. maybe a stir fry since i have bag a fresh frozen vegs mix and some steak strips LOL im actually gonna look on the recipe section to see what kinda recipes they have for stir fry. until later girls XOXOX

Last edited by kristie88; 10-19-2010 at 10:28 AM..
Old 10-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Okay I just had to post on here that the pants are officially too big. They only fit straight out of the dryer - in an hour they were sagging all over the place. I changed and folded them up and put them in a spot in my closet that is now called The Too Big pile and hopefully I will soon be folding up all kinds of things to go in there!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Practicing: omg that is sooo awesome and what a good idea to make a "big pile" in your closet... im so happy for you you found your flow!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Yay, sounds like you two are on a roll!!! I felt like poo yesterday, but stuck to meat and eggs all day and I feel SOOOO much better today. Whew.

Today I had- B: sausage and coffee w/cream, L: mcdonald's grilled chicken salad w/ranch, D: toppings off two pizzas (was at school late for a DAD involvement thing- and that's all there was), so when I got home I had an egg with cheese, and another piece of sausage.

I've only been home 45 minutes today and now I'm heading out to get my oldest from rehearsals. My POOR husband just got home- he went to work Monday morning at 5am- they got off at 1am this morning, he slept in his work truck and was back at it 4:30am. It's 9:00 now- he has to be back at 5am. Good money, but the man is TIRED!

Btw- I too am waiting until Thursday for stat changing. I'll probably weigh in tomorrow too just to check- I'm also addicted to that stupid scale!! LOL! I hope I see 168 again thursday. I was sooo excited to see 60's again. PLEASE come whoosh fairy!

Night night girls.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Lisa: Me too.. i got soooo dizzy around 3pm i thought maybe i didnt eat enough i had a slice of cheese and a salad prior to the dizzy spell so i figured i either A. needed sugar or B. needed salt so i had cheese and jello with whip cream... then i figured it out i got my TOM.... for dinner i had french onion soup figured more sodium for the dizzyness and that was that....

lisa did you seee biggest loser last night? the contestants stories and TOM doesnt mix well tears were streaming down my face while i watched it.... some of the contestants they get each year have sadder and sadder stories... love the show LOL

Ok so i think ill have the hot wongs i have in a box in the freezer for lunch ill bake em crispy and use some blue cheese dipping sauce.. i was gonna have some jello with whip cream for breakfast but is that on induction?? I hope its ok because i have no eggs left... its sugar free jello no carbs and 2 carbs for the whip cream... had some last night like i said and the scale was down so im guessing its ok.

until later ladies!!!

Last edited by kristie88; 10-20-2010 at 06:29 AM..
Old 10-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

I want some chocolate REALLY bad right now!!! So, I figured I'd stop what I was doing and come post here instead!

The scale didn't budge this morning, even though I'm feeling smaller. Hopefully it will be back at the 168 tomorrow. Whoosh fairy take me away!

I really need to go get groceries. We were out of sausage, eggs, milk and cereal for the kids. So, me and munchkin went to Starbucks. I just had a venti sugar free breve latte. WHY can't I make it like that at home?? It was so yummy.

Retired teacher friend brought us lunch for a co-workers bday. She got chilli's. I had half a rack of ribs, sauce on the side, and steamed brocolli. It was very tasty. But now I want something sweet. I'm definitely going to the grocery store this afternoon so I'll make sure I get some Atkins bars!!!!

TTYL!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Lisa: Im so proud of you!!! good will power!!! I have to get to the store too...im scared to eat my atkins bars... i have 3 different types but im scared i wont get into / kicked out of ketosis if i eat them .. those lil ketone strips have yet to work on me i have that funny taste in my mouth and smelly pee but the sticks wont turn purple!!! anyway do you get kicked out of ketosis when you eat them??

Im doing sooo good but i dont want to jinx it so lets just say im on plan lol

Weigh in tomorrow.. thank god TOM is finally here i feel the bloat slipping away .. i hope this doesnt effect tomorrow heres to hoping it wont!!

Good luck tomorrow ladies as the three musketeers "all for one and one for all" we can do this girls!!

Last edited by kristie88; 10-20-2010 at 02:23 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Good job on the will power lisa! And you too Kristie! In the face of TOM, too... I keep forgetting about sugar free jello. Man that sounds good. Oh and I cry at reality shows all the time, pms or not. Especially Nanny 911 or Supernanny - oh my god it's so embarrassing if my bf is there he looks at me like I'm nuts but I just can't take it when the little kids say, "I wish daddy looked at me more" and then when the nanny finally gets the dad to put down his cell phone and toss a ball around with the kid and the kid is all grinning and happy... Oh my god I melt.

I had "meatza" for dinner tonight - like a pizza but with ground beef for the crust. So, not strictly meat and eggs which I would have liked, but still induction levels. I wonder if I'll see any loss tomorrow? This morning I checked and was at 146.4.... more or less the same as last week. I'm okay with it even if I haven't lost. I haven't been super strict this week at all... and I think I'm starting to learn that if I want to see a loss I have to be stricter than strict for at least half the week.

This weight loss stuff is tricky!

Talk to you in the morning, good luck everyone!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

ok so its 12:30 am and im eating a baconator from wendys no bread of course... i hope ill be ok for tomorrow but i had to go to a lecture that lasted forever it was an hour away and i had to drive my sister home so hence i was starving so i stopped at wendys got the baconator... i ate jello this morning with whip cream 3 slices of salami and 2 slices of cheese then 2 cups of coffee i had nuts at the lecture but i was STARVING i really didnt eat anything filling today but lets hope the scale will be kind with this burger in my belly...

Practicing: oh yea super nanny gets me too LMAO your meatza sounds good lol hmmm i wonder if i can do that with sausage and pepperoni.... that might be yummy like an upside down pizza.. looks like im gonna have to create something now LOL

Goodluck tomorrow with weigh in thursday

Last edited by kristie88; 10-20-2010 at 09:44 PM..
Old 10-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Just as I suspected, weigh in was the same as last week - 146. So... the good news is that
a) I didn't gain anything and am still in the ten pound club
b) I'm one step close to figuring out how this works. I think I get it now... there is no "slow & easy" for me - maybe there could be if I could cut out all drinking and cheating and eat sensibly every day, but that's just not me! If I lived at a cross spa/monastery, maybe but in the life I have now - no. I can go hardcore for a couple days, then more relaxed for a couple days. And that is just the way it is with me. Why I didn't lose this week: I was only "good" for my intense days, not "hardcore". I get it, I get it! I wanna try again! Thank god there's always next week.

How did everyone else do????
Old 10-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Also, another lesson that I have to learn apparently over and over again - it is so dangerous to set goals and then pin all my hopes on them! I was so sure I would be almost in the 130's by then end of this month (and the start of my new job next month) but then I got sick and then I still hadn't quite gotten the hang of my new plan, etc. It's so tempting to feel discouraged because I didn't lose as much weight this month, but that takes the focus off how far I've come! So, yeah. Goals are good - I just can't feel like a total failure if they are not met. I just tell myself, I'll get there I'll get there... who knows when, but I'll get there.

Last edited by PracticingMind; 10-21-2010 at 10:40 AM..
Old 10-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

I was 169 this morning. Not 168 like I hoped, but still under 170. Yay!!

Practicing- I hear ya. I think we are all learning that lesson. I think we've all learned how to maintain (it's what we've been doing for a while it seems) SO, now we need to remember how to lose.

I was thinking about this last night, how did I get past my 180 stall and finally lose. Well- #1 I gave up the "sugarfree" gum (which I've been chewing about 2-3 pieces a day lately!!) #2 Give up the aspartame drinks (need to get back to only diet rite!) #3 NO more "tasting" carb foods. (a bite or two won't kill me, but it's not helping me lose weight). #4 I'm not even going to talk about exercise! LOL!!

So- I know I'll keep drinking more often that I should, but I think I can at least address the first 3 above.

I did manage to stay away from chocolate yesterday, but I did have a pretzel with peanut butter to satisfy that sweet tooth. I stopped by TArget (which was a DISASTER because my little one was a little devil- it was weird because he's usually so good at the store.) So, I got the Atkins bars, I only ate half of one last night. (Oh- Kristie- I haven't ever noticed that they mess up ketostix- my brother swears they don't and he eats like two a day). I also bought Dreamfields pasta. Uh oh. I browned some chicken tenders last night and threw in a jar of alfredo sauce, served it over a SMALL portion of the spiral Dreamfields noodles. It was heavenly, I also had it for lunch. I was very careful to use very little noodles, had more chicken than anything. So- I was very excited about that!!

I planned to have crackslaw tonight, but I forgot to set out hamburger meat. I'm about to call DH and have him set it out.

K, gotta get back to these kiddos.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Congrats lisa! back in the 60's! good job.

I hear you on the "tasting" high carb foods. That is my downfall too - I'll think it won't matter, but all those tastes add up PLUS they erode away your resolve to stick to plan.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #27
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hi girls, I hope I can still jump in, I started Atkins the first time in 2005 maybe? I lost 70 pounds, got down to exactly 280 from 350+, the doctor's scales did not go any higher. So for the last 5 years my weight has gone up and down between 280 and 300.5 when I started again on 9/27/10, my son's 10th birthday. My BF moved in and wants to get married, I refuse to get married at this size! So I am moving forward knowing that this is the only thing that works for me and am dying to get below 280. So the drinking part caught my attention, I miss beer and wine, I am afraid to drink any for fear of negating what I worked to lose that week.

Monday will be 4 weeks on plan,I am sticking to under 20 carbs a day, although I do eat flax muffins and some LC treats, I can't stick to it without it.

You seem like a chatty bunch and I need people to be accountable to, I have met so many nice people on here, I am really hoping it will keep me on track and accountable.

Nice to meet you all!

I am 42, have a BF, and a 10 year old son, and a Gram we share custody of, she refuses to go in a home so we float her amongst the grandkids! LOL She is 89 today! No cake for me though!

Amber
Old 10-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Amber!! Never too late to join us, and yes we are a chatty bunch! Birds of a feather!!! Congrats on your progress so far! I sooo wish I had the will power to give up drinking... I'm Irish, so that's my excuse! LOL!! I love that ya'll share custody of your Gram, that's just funny- and really sweet.

Girls, I just realized TOM is here! I wonder if I'm actually lower than the scale said this morning. PLUS I had a productive visit to the bathroom this afternoon (tmi, I know)- SO I'm going to weigh tomorrow and record (unless of course it's actually UP! )

Going out for dinner tonight, not sure where yet... TTYL!!
Old 10-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

ok here i am LOL i was so busy today .. got up got dressed ran out the door but i jumped on the scale quick this morning before the bathroom jig.. i was 270.0 exactly i really should have went to the bathroom LMAO im totally weighing in tomorrow with you lisa and doing the proper weigh in ritual i have .. i had to be outta the house so early i even weighed in with jeans on ....what was i thinking!!!! but tomorrow i will log my stats...

LIsa: YAY still in the 60's yay!!!
practicing: NO gain is awsome

the both of you have great points today.. i am totally with you girls with the alil bite here an there but we are here to lose your right lisa!! and we def have maintaining down pat LOL im scared of the dreamfields its soooo good i think its real and the manufacturer is lying to us LMAO i have some in my closet i might make some tonight or tomorrow for lunch thanks for reminding me lisa lol

Last edited by kristie88; 10-21-2010 at 04:14 PM..
Old 10-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Amber.. we are def chatty .. sometimes is hard to find a thread here where there is people that are there everyday posting .. you def found the right bunch of girls we are always posting and giving each other great advice .. im so happy you found us!! By the way I love your avatar pic your super cute!!! we started with similar stats. Congrats on your weight loss so far. its def a hard journey but we will be here cheering for you!! and happy bday to gram!!!

I swear if i stuck to the plan everyday id have lost alot more but i think im doing good even with all the hiccups along the way .. im totally focused until thanksgiving then bring on ma wine !!!!!

Last edited by kristie88; 10-21-2010 at 04:13 PM..
Closed Thread