Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PS138
Vodka and Club Soda questions..

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I was wondering about how much this drink will stall you during induction? I know there is no alcohol allowed but some people I have talked to says this drink does not matter. Thoughts? Opinions?
PS138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryK
Stats: 186/182/135
WOE: >20/Inducting Somewhat
Start Date: Sept 6 2010
I personally had to start over on induction if i did any form of alcohol....vodka and the other distilled spirits are carb free, but will stall weight loss. induction is an important time, just two weeks...but here i am one to talk, i'm still drinking dark coffee in the mornings-just was not willing to live without that.i also noticed that alc. really created hunger cravings for me, almost worse than carbing out, for almost 2 days after. i suggest you try to drop it for induction, but if you can't, to maybe do it once a week, with permission from yourself-but it's probably best to completely 'induct' first!
malloryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: camel?
Stats: 194/165/159
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
I agree, it is recommended to not drink alcohol for the first two weeks. Then, it is "allowed" in the sense that you might be able to have one once in a while if you find it doesn't stall your weight loss. Here is a quote from Atkins website:
Alcohol:

"Alcohol is not allowed during the first two weeks of Induction. If you remain on this phase longer,
you can have a glass of wine, a low-carb beer, or a small amount of spirits mixed with water or club soda, but be sure to avoid mixers that contain carbs, including fruit juices and tonic water. Understand that consuming alcohol may slow your weight loss."

Club soda is allowed.

Beverages

•Clear broth/ bouillon (make sure it has no sugars added)
•Club soda
•Cream, heavy or light.
•Decaffeinated or regular coffee and tea*
•Diet soda (be sure to note the carb count)
•Flavored seltzer (must say no calories)
•Herb tea (without added barley or fruit sugar added)
•Water – at least eight 8-ounce glasses per day including...
◦Filtered water
◦Mineral water
◦Spring water
◦Tap water
* You may have 1 to 2 cups of caffeinated tea or coffee if you can tolerate caffeine without experiencing cravings or symptoms of hypoglycemia.
If you are truly addicted to caffeine, it's best to break the habit during the Induction.
``
camel? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Tanks for the input guys.. I'll weigh in tomorrow and see if it has stalled me.. Will not drinking all of the water daily make me gain weight? I drink alot of water, but yesterday and today I haven't gotten around to drinking the required amount until night time when I chug it all with dinner...
Old 10-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Water is important for flushing out the fat that is breaking down. Without lots of water, the toxins will sit in your system, and probably cause you to retain water as well. Water, water, water, rah rah rah!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Haha yes! Water! As for today, I most certainly stalled.. I gained a pound since I weighed in on Tuesday. I promptly ran forty minutes on the treadmill on fat burn mode and burned about 480 calories, and I plan on doing my daily push ups and sit ups when I get home from work.. I'm getting good exercise at work today too.. No more boozing I need to get back in to ketosis!!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Wow, good for you with all that exercise!!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #8
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
I would suggest holding off on the alcohol right now. Alcohol can really undo all your best efforts. (I know from experience.)
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Yeah I'm astonished how quickly it stalled me.. Live and learn right? Most of my cravings are going away though!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryK
Stats: 186/182/135
WOE: >20/Inducting Somewhat
Start Date: Sept 6 2010
yeah it's tricky...i'm especially susceptible because i just love a good microbrew....or several! I'm tired enough of being fat to abstain, barely...tis a struggle aagh
malloryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

My body is roughed up after all my weight gain panicing today lol.. I mean, I exercise everyday but I went the extra mile.... Or 4 today... I need to really step this up though so I do not mind.