Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Croshay
Stats: 192/178/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/3/12
Calculating net carbs

I've been eating the Atkins bars and can't figure out how they calculate "3g net carbs." The NI is 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 16g carbs, 6g fiber, and 10g protein. Can someone tell me how this yields 3g net carbs?
Croshay is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Eric Hammer
I don't touch those things because I find that the so called "net carbs" is really not accurate for most people. That said, they deduct fiber, then they also deduct sugar alcohols, glycerin and a few other items that at least in theory don't have much effect on your blood sugar.

I find however that in reality I cannot use the frankenfoods and actually lose weight. I used to use Dreamfields pasta all the time and so called 0 net carb syrups sweetened with sugar alcohol, etc. and my blood sugar stayed high and I never lost weight. The reality is that for many people, those things don't work and never will. Dr. Atkins himself never promoted the idea of using the bars, especially not for weight loss.

Personally, I've been doing whole real foods for the 3.5 weeks on the diet and have dropped 11lbs so far. I don't feel hungry and while I do occasionally miss having something sweet, I satisfy my sweet tooth with a 6 calorie ice pop. It's sweetened with nutrasweet, but everything else is natural and it's a true 1.4 grams of carbs rather than a "net carbs" number.
Eric Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote