Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
Induction Lovers and Those Who Have Moved On! #2

The original "Induction Lovers and Those Who Have Moved On!" thread has been closed due to its size.

Please continue your discussion here.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
Woot Woot

Another new thread!
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
bflo...come join us on the other thread.....
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:18 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Awww! I hate anything to end, always the last to leave wherever I go.
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Good Morning everyone! WOW! We went through another thread! Olivia, Is this the 3rd one now??
jamistar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:26 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
I will MissG... I haven't been able to post much anyways...

Do we have to let this one go???

'Member, I like the "privacy" LMAO!
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amy, Privacy. LOL that's funny!

Alan, Me too! I like everything to be the same... But, I guess moving on isn't always that bad.. hehe
Old 04-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
LOL I agree, I like the privacy of this one! Alan, it might be down to just you and me then

Greetings my fellow LC peeps!

Yesterday and today were pretty decent days for me. Aside from chasing after my little one (ALL DAY), last night I made some chicken parmesan with a mix of almond flour and pork rinds-- YUM!! I also made the jalapeno poppers, with bacon, and then a salad. Sooo good! Today I made one of the LC pound cakes. It turned out a little weird: I used too much cream cheese, I think, and I used the listed amount of splenda, but it wasn't sweet enough. Then it cracked and kind of fell, but it was still good. My dad (a non LC'er) ate two pieces today

Still looking for more recipes to try out here before I leave. I spend money on trying recipes here because if they don't work out, then I don't have to eat them-- here I don't have my husband complaining about wasting food and money LOL This way when I get home, I will have already tried most of the recipes and know if they're good or not

So.... how's things?

GOAL: LOSE FIFTY BEFORE I'M THIRTY

Catrapoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

omgosh! Hi cat! So good to see you!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #10

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
hi!!
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Hi everyone! I wish I liked to cook and would try recipes ... i was better at that when I first started this WOE ... now nothing sounds good. That may be part of my stall problem. Anyway, just wanted to check in. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:19 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Good morning you guys!! I have an issue... Alan close your eyes..

Okay, I think i've been losing too fast because I think I officially screwed up my cycle.

I have been on BCPs for like 4 years now so I know exactly when lady time is coming and on what day. My BCP pack has never been wrong... except for now. My lady-time start day was supposed to be next Tuesday. But it started yesterday in full force... I thought maybe spotting because I've heard that happen to people on this board. But now, this is the real thing. An entire 6 days early.

Can anyone give me a clue? Has this happened to you guys on Atkins?

I usually gain before I start ladytime and this time I lost, significantly. Today i'm up a half pound so I know thats the water weight because I definitely feel heavy and bloated. A little depressed but not quite so cranky. So yeah, PMS. But why so soon? Am I losing too fast?

No chance of pregnancy over here unless it is the immaculate conception or aliens abducted me in my sleep... seriously LOL

So, help?

Sorry for the crack of dawn TMI ladies but i'm totally confused.
AngieCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:20 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Angie I have no real advice. I had a tubal years ago and am no longer on BCPs so I don't have clockwork type cycles anymore. I have heard in the past that weight gain and loss will effect your cycle though. I don't think that you are losing too fast. They say that 1-2 pounds a week is normal on any plan... You lost 8 pounds between 3/1 and 4/1 which is GREAT but doesn't cross the line into extreme loss....Maybe you should ck with the gynecologist...
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:27 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Angie I have no real advice. I had a tubal years ago and am no longer on BCPs so I don't have clockwork type cycles anymore. I have heard in the past that weight gain and loss will effect your cycle though. I don't think that you are losing too fast. They say that 1-2 pounds a week is normal on any plan... You lost 8 pounds between 3/1 and 4/1 which is GREAT but doesn't cross the line into extreme loss....Maybe you should ck with the gynecologist...

Thank you lawmom. I was wondering if I continue taking my pill as normal, will my cycle be extended or will it stop regardless? I will call her about that today. Weird.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:38 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everything works out Angie ...

OK the weather has been beautiful and starting TODAY I am going to get out and start walking... even if it is just around the medical center. It will give me something to do while they are waiting on the doc.

Scale is stuck at 174.6 ... been there for three days now and I am in the mindframe that it is time to break this stall. 160s here I come.... I think that I am going to go back to tracking my food ... what is the best online tracker that you guys have found?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:13 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Ammee, Jami, Lawmom and Angie!! (haven't seen Alan on yet this afternoon- well on this thread at least)

Just trying to pack up all DD's clothes and toys and stuff this morning. Hopefully we'll leave here on Wednesday so I can get her home and let her "meet" her daddy again and hopefully get settled into her new home and a routine. Well, until we move to California. Poor thing... We did a little 'fashion show' consisting of trying on all her 12M clothes to see what still fits and what doesn't. This child is sooooo cute! And she can rock a hat! I have one of those oddly-shaped faces that doesn't do well with hats or bandanas. But DD doesn't have that problem- luckily she took after her daddy on that aspect She hates trying on clothes, though. By the last couple of outfits she was whining. Although that might have been cuz she was hungry. So she's nommin' on carrots, crackers, and cut-up turkey.

I have also been going through a bunch of boxes in my parents' attic that they have been holding onto for me since I enlisted! So I'm seeing stuff I haven't seen in over five years! Plus some of my stuff that they've had since even before then. I'm being completely ruthless, though, in sorting it and throwing things away. I just threw away a trophy for winning first place in the spelling bee.... in FOURTH grade! I threw away all my softball trophies but kept one of my varsity cheerleading plaques and the football plaque (yup, played high school boys' football ). Some stuff I can't bear to part with and others... well... since I'm paying to ship it all home from Italy... some of it can go I have also found a box of "skinny clothes" which I am sending home to use as encouragement. The clothes are sooo cute and some of them I never even got to wear

Angie-- I agree with Lawmom, you should probably make an appointment with your GYN. It's probably nothing, but just in case.. plus you'll feel better knowing either way. You never know with those darned sneaky aliens.....

Lawmom-- I have tried using those online things to keep up with what I eat, but I will tell you that for ME-- physically writing things down in black and white keeps me honest. And for me it's more accurate. Like I tried to find the foods that I was eating in Afghan. and I could see at the chowhall the amount of calories, fat, and sodium, but not the carbs. So when I would go online to try and imput my foods, I couldn't imput them myself without knowing everything, and when I would try to find something that was close enough among the foods they already had, nothing matched. That happened with like 3 or 4 online things, so finally I just started writing it down myself. It keeps me more accurate and more honest, I think. But if I need to start doing percentages and stuff... then I'll probably try one of the online things. Usually I just ask Jami
Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #17

Morning!!

Angie- yes!! This totally happened to me last time i did induction and i am not on. BCP's and am normally like clockwork. I was a week early and like wth? Just wait and see what happens next month you will probably balance out! Don't stress! Us females are odd creatures by nature! Lol!! Just go with it

lawmom- great attitude!! Just grab this stall by the neck and kick its butt!! Too violent? Sorry.. Haha
Old 04-02-2010, 06:17 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you so much for the feedback you guys!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:31 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angie, when I started atkins my cycles stopped.. I thought I was pregnant, but I'm not.. whew!
My cylces are still off. I have been having some crazy issues with moods since Christmas. I am so irritable, depressed, grumpy, edgy, obsessive (even more than i normally am) I get mad so easily and yell, so not like me... Need I say more.. I went to my gyn but there was no alarm, so whatever with the cycles... I have heard that LCing has helped with women and their cycles... Not mine.. Could I be pre menopausal?? Already??>>> Im only 32...
I switched BC pills and the ones I take now help you to have a very light period or none at all. I still dont have one, not complaining, but this time I'm at the end of my pill pack, when I am supposed to start, and my boobies are very big and a little sore... TMI. Normally I have no indications of starting a cycle. Who knows..
Old 04-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrapoin View Post
:

That happened with like 3 or 4 online things, so finally I just started writing it down myself. It keeps me more accurate and more honest, I think. But if I need to start doing percentages and stuff... then I'll probably try one of the online things. Usually I just ask Jami
Aww, That's cute! LOL I write everything down too, I also use MyPLate. The food database is very large. You can create you own recipes on there and input all your foods. Sometimes I have to get the labels off my food packaging to make sure i'm getting accurate numbers.

I started Measuring my food in grams on my digital food scale. THAT made a huge difference.. What I thought was 1/2 cup, (using my measuring cups) were really 3/4 or 1 cup, in grams... I was over shooting my cals by 300 for the day.. and my carbs were at least 20grams more higher than what I thought..
Old 04-02-2010, 06:38 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tara, I use this one MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM
I have used others but this one imo is the most accurate and has the largest data base for food..
Old 04-02-2010, 06:57 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Angie, when I started atkins my cycles stopped.. I thought I was pregnant, but I'm not.. whew!
My cylces are still off. I have been having some crazy issues with moods since Christmas. I am so irritable, depressed, grumpy, edgy, obsessive (even more than i normally am) I get mad so easily and yell, so not like me... Need I say more.. I went to my gyn but there was no alarm, so whatever with the cycles... I have heard that LCing has helped with women and their cycles... Not mine.. Could I be pre menopausal?? Already??>>> Im only 32...
I switched BC pills and the ones I take now help you to have a very light period or none at all. I still dont have one, not complaining, but this time I'm at the end of my pill pack, when I am supposed to start, and my boobies are very big and a little sore... TMI. Normally I have no indications of starting a cycle. Who knows..
Thank you Jami, your experience helps put things into perspective. Weird lady stuff I tell ya...
Old 04-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know! Men are so lucky, no hormonal fluctuations...
Old 04-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Aww, That's cute! LOL I write everything down too, I also use MyPLate. The food database is very large. You can create you own recipes on there and input all your foods. Sometimes I have to get the labels off my food packaging to make sure i'm getting accurate numbers.

I started Measuring my food in grams on my digital food scale. THAT made a huge difference.. What I thought was 1/2 cup, (using my measuring cups) were really 3/4 or 1 cup, in grams... I was over shooting my cals by 300 for the day.. and my carbs were at least 20grams more higher than what I thought..

Yup, I know what you mean! I really suck at "eyeballing" when it comes to ounces. Teaspoons, tablespoons are okay, but I've never really measured my cooking until now. It's hard! I'm a pretty awesome cook, but I usually just throw things in there and BAM (a al Emeril LOL). Measuring is hard...

I'm looking forward to using the digital scale I have at home. I got it like 2 weeks before I deployed- don't ask me why. I just saw it and HAD to have a scale.

Tara-- the physical journal I have and love is the dietminder personal food and fitness journal. It has places for you to write down your goals, and to paste in before and after photos. It also has daily pages for food/beverages for breakfast/lunch/dinner and three snacks. It does subtotals for meals, and then a grand total for the entire day. There's a place for recording physical activity (it's not too big though) as well as list any meds/vitamins. It also has a place to record your daily weight, a place for notes, and whether you met your daily goals. Then at the top of the page it has boxes to check to make sure you get in all your 8 glasses of water. I love it! Here's the website:

MemoryMinder Journals

I don't always have internet access, and this way I stay more accurate and honest
Old 04-02-2010, 07:15 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love my scale. I measure every thing now, Peanutbutter, protein powder. Its neat because you can add your ingredients into a bowl and after each addition you can hit the zero button, and then measure out another ingredient.. Anyways, I am all about measuring now that I found out how my portion sizes were.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:00 AM   #26

Good morning everyone! Come out Come out wherever you are.... Fine!! Don't then lol!!

Yesterday's food:

B-coffee w/hwc, splenda, CO @ 0300
B/L-pot roast @ 0700
L-coffee @ 1100
S-chicken slices@ 1300
D-Tilapia w/lemon, fried jalapenos (soo good!) @ 1900

lots of water all day!!

There is yesterday's menu, I am no good at planning ahead, because I will change my mind... But I will stay on plan though. OMG I made some fried jalapenos, they were so good!!

sliced jalapenos, dip in egg was (1 egg and splash of HWC), dip in flax meal with a bit of salt mixed in. Fry in hot oil and viola!! Pre-TOM I always want crave -sweets and fried foods.. and so I was pretty much in heaven!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Ammee

I love tilapia! My favorite way of making it is to sprinkle it with Goya sazon (the one with achiote), put it in a pan and dump a can of Rotel on it and then bake it. Soooo good!

Just curious, are you eating enough calories/fat with that menu? Or maybe I just eat a lot... LOL
The jalapenos sound awesome! I made some the other day, filled with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon- yum!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #28

Hi Cat!! No I eat a lot too!! yesterday seemed a bit on the light end though.. But when I am hungry I eat. I add in fats too.. such as coconut oil in my coffee. Butter when I cooked the pot roast. Olive oil in the tilapia.. and so on. if I do not get enough fat I can tell, I will be ravenous.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpeach View Post
if I do not get enough fat I can tell, I will be ravenous.
Oh my goodness! Me too!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #30

well look who it is!! Where have you been hiding missy? hahaha...