Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 12:09 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Good Morning ladies

I hope you all had a restful weekend and are revitalised and ready for a triumphant return to this poor neglected thread.

I had a really good weekend but overdid the Merlot slightly and ate one or two BAD things.

Puppies are really cute at the moment and are keeping me on my toes.

Hope to hear from you all soon
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 04:39 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Thank you Martiangurl and Jessie!

Alan~ Puppies are soooo cute! I tell ya, I cannot stick to my diet when I drink! Alcohol brings out the worst in me! I am trying to not drink anymore.. but with the nice weather approaching and beautiful evenings, I just cant help it!

Hey everyone! I am just getting ready for the last of my final touches during the closure of my body for life challenge. I know that it was just a beginning for me, but Its sad seeing it go. I almost feel lost in a way. It sure is a great program. The only problem that I had with it, is that the Nutritional part was so cookie cutter. I know I could have received better results, not that im disappointed, if my eating was a little different.. SO, Im going to continue with the workouts, and I hired an Online trainer that will over see all my nutrition. He really is good, and the meals he picks are tailored to fit me, not everyone.. So, Thats it for me Im working on my fake spray on tan, shaving and exfoliating for pics tomorrow.. FUN!!
jamistar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #213
Random LC WIT-let

Gallery: jessienevins0314
Stats: 254/238/199 (first goal - to be in ONEderland)
WOE: Low carb-ish
Start Date: Start 10/2009... trying to stay OP often!
awww alan look how adorable the puppies are!!

your welcome jami - your very lucky!! whats the BFL challenge?? sounds good.
jessienevins0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jessie- Body For Life. It's a 12 week challenge that is endorsed by EAS nutritional company. It's an exercise and diet guidline thing. You can google that and you'll see it. You can have a chance at winning either 10k or 25k, I know it's a long shot... But why not!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:49 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Ladies
Thanks for the compliments on the pups, I'm very happy on how they are developing but believe me, 10 is a handful to look after and control.

Jami ~ Can't wait to see the newer leaner and meaner you. Hope the 'tanning' goes well.

Jessie~ BFL is Body For Life, Jami has a thread where she give details of all her excercise and meals, it is really worth while reading and very helpful.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Stopping in to say HIIIIIII!!!!!!

ok...BYEEE!!! lol....
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #217
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Stopping in to say HIIIIIII!!!!!!

ok...BYEEE!!! lol....
Hey liv how u been??
Old 05-04-2010, 01:21 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Come Back !!!!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:26 AM   #219

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
good morning everyone! sorry for my -MIA-ness!! Here now..

Alan-your puppies are so freakin cute!! I totally want one!!
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Peach, glad you're back.
If ever you're sure you want a pup I'll gladly give you one.

Have a good day.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:10 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning everyone! Well I am going to drag my rear off the couch and actually go into the office this morning. Hopefully they have my new computer up and running there. Scale was good this morning and registered 171.6 ....

Ammie, glad you are back! Liv, that was just a "teaser" type post. What has everyone been doing? How has everyone been doing?
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful day! The weather today is supposed to be gorgeous! 80 sunny... perfect!
Alan~ My tanning is ok.. My son told me that I look orange.. LOL It'll look better on pics though.. I think I look bronzy..
Today is picture day! EEeeek! I dont know why I'm so nervous! My mom is going to go with me, and I brought some exercise bands to do some high reps to get my Pump on before the shoot. I am going to wear that black swim suit, which I think it is too skimpy.. and an athletic outfit..
Starting weight BFl.. 143.8.. 20.2% body fat.
Today last day 143.8.. 15.3% body fat LOL Its amazing what muscle will do.. It just proves that those numbers dont mean anything.
Olivia! Hiya! LOl that was short! Busy day?

Hi Jessie!

tara~ Great job on the 171.6!! Have you taken anymore pictures of yourself?? I think its time darlin'!! I cant wait to see how much you've changed!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jami -- can't wait to see the BFL pics! I am personally avoiding cameras still. If I can get down to 166 (50 pound mark) then I will take some more. I tried to use my total gym yesterday but I obviously need some instruction from DH and or DS on how to operate the thing .... It is supposed to be simple, and I am sure that it is, but it is still intimidating me (maybe it is just another form of procrastination).

By the way, I love my kids but I am pretty sure that my DD is going to be the death of me. It is final time again....and of course she has procrastinated again and has nothing done and seems to be taking a "oh well" type attitude --- which kills me because I PAY for college and I know how important a good education is .... I keep saying I am going to quit paying and I promise if she fails just one class I am done. I am STRESSED and she doesn't act like she cares. She is already on academic probation after last semester. Sorry to vent, but I am trying to get my frustration out by typing rather than eating!

Well I've got to get back to work.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #224
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AuroraLaura
Stats: 199/181/145
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 1/16/13
Julian Bread

Hello everyone.... I am new here!

Does anyone know if the 1 carb bread from Julian Bread Co. is allowed on induction? I am finishing my loaf regardless, but it would be nice to know.

This is fun seeing so many informative posts!!
Nice to meet everyone!

Laura
AuroraLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #225
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Jessie- Body For Life. It's a 12 week challenge that is endorsed by EAS nutritional company. It's an exercise and diet guidline thing. You can google that and you'll see it. You can have a chance at winning either 10k or 25k, I know it's a long shot... But why not!
wow heck yeah, sounds great! ill definetly check it out, thanks girl!! are you doing LC on it??
Old 05-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #226
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraLaura View Post
Hello everyone.... I am new here!

Does anyone know if the 1 carb bread from Julian Bread Co. is allowed on induction? I am finishing my loaf regardless, but it would be nice to know.

This is fun seeing so many informative posts!!
Nice to meet everyone!

Laura
laura!! im jess / jessie

if your doing atkins your not supposed to have ANY type of bread on induction regardless of carb count... no bread or tortillas, wraps, etc... correct me if im wrong girls!! (try the oopsie rolls - not too bad)

i know i lost 20 pounds on induction, then gradually started in on maybe one LC wrap a week or something.... just take it slow - it works, trust me
Old 05-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #227
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Hi Jami -- can't wait to see the BFL pics! I am personally avoiding cameras still. If I can get down to 166 (50 pound mark) then I will take some more. I tried to use my total gym yesterday but I obviously need some instruction from DH and or DS on how to operate the thing .... It is supposed to be simple, and I am sure that it is, but it is still intimidating me (maybe it is just another form of procrastination).

By the way, I love my kids but I am pretty sure that my DD is going to be the death of me. It is final time again....and of course she has procrastinated again and has nothing done and seems to be taking a "oh well" type attitude --- which kills me because I PAY for college and I know how important a good education is .... I keep saying I am going to quit paying and I promise if she fails just one class I am done. I am STRESSED and she doesn't act like she cares. She is already on academic probation after last semester. Sorry to vent, but I am trying to get my frustration out by typing rather than eating!

Well I've got to get back to work.
ugh. your dd sounds like my brother with the "IDC" attitude... hes driving MY mom up the wall too.... dont feel bad. give her some sort of ultimatum like my mom did... idk if that works in your house but it got him to straighten up. good luck hun
Old 05-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #228
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Good morning everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful day! The weather today is supposed to be gorgeous! 80 sunny... perfect!
Alan~ My tanning is ok.. My son told me that I look orange.. LOL It'll look better on pics though.. I think I look bronzy..
Today is picture day! EEeeek! I dont know why I'm so nervous! My mom is going to go with me, and I brought some exercise bands to do some high reps to get my Pump on before the shoot. I am going to wear that black swim suit, which I think it is too skimpy.. and an athletic outfit..
Starting weight BFl.. 143.8.. 20.2% body fat.
Today last day 143.8.. 15.3% body fat LOL Its amazing what muscle will do.. It just proves that those numbers dont mean anything.
Olivia! Hiya! LOl that was short! Busy day?

Hi Jessie!

tara~ Great job on the 171.6!! Have you taken anymore pictures of yourself?? I think its time darlin'!! I cant wait to see how much you've changed!
hey girlie!! im ditto on the others - cant wait to see the pics!!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:08 AM   #229

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
morning all!
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jess. She really does drive me crazy with the school stuff. I have given her an ultimatum and told her that if she flunks even one class that I am done paying for school. Also, if she is not going to school she has to get a job and support herself ...ie pay her own car insurance, cell phone bill, etc. It is just so frustrating because I know how important it is to get a good education. There are so many people who would love to be able to go to school but can't afford it. Then here she is being given the opportunity and throwing it away because she is irresponsible. I don't want to see her totally quit but on the other hand I don't want to waste my hard earned money paying for something that she is not taking seriously. It is a catch 22 ...

Hope you have a great day.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:13 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Ladies,

Overjoyed to see our dear old thread was saved from distinction, at one stage I could hear my letters echoeing as I typed

Laura ~ Welcome, no bread is allowed on induction. I'm prety much on permanant induction as I have a huge amount to lose but have found that the occasional slice of wholewheat toast does me no harm, I also enjoy ba few glasses of red wine and lots of coffee and I'm still losing. Well at least I hope I am as I haven't weighed for two weeks and did a bit of a pig thing this weekend. I find that epecially in the beginning it's best to keep things simple. Good luck, you wont regret it.
( enjoy the rest of the loaf )

Tara ~ I have the exact opposite problem with my daughter, she tries to cram 50 hours into a day and often is awake all night studying. She also does kick boxing, hockey, tutoring and has a part time job doing promotions. I'm sure she is going to burn out soon and it really worries me. Hope you are still forcing down the water!

Jami~ I'm sure the photo's will be stunning and that costume is perfect and not too skimpy, just stop stressing now and enjoy the rewards for all your hard work, I am very very proud of all you have achieved.

Jessie, Peach, Angie

Courage does not always roar.Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying......"I will try again tomorrow" ~ Mary Anne Radmacher.

Last edited by alanP; 05-05-2010 at 05:14 AM..
Old 05-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone! Picture day went ok. The photographer was really young, not very experienced or creative. She would take the picture and then say "ok, now what" WHAT! LOL Im glad my mom was there. She had ideas on what I could do, and she told me if my tag was sticking out, or if the side of my suit was crooked. I did get to see the pics and pick the ones I wanted. I practiced at home on the poses I wanted to do in front on the mirror. but I froze and I forgot what to do, so I have about 30 shots of me doing to same thing with a pose that wasn't very flattering.. not the best experience ever, but it was still fun all the same. After wards my mom and I had a great lunch together, she even paid for my pics when I went to change! What a sweet heart, I also made he pay for lunch.. JUST KIDDING! I treated.. Then I went shopping for some clothes. I went to the Buckle and I got a new shirt and shoes, and I went to Maurices and I bought a size 7/8 pair of junior jeans!! The store person said that they can vary from 1-2 sizes, but WHO cares!! I haven't had a number 7 on my tag since Junior High!! Enjoy your day friends!

Tara~ So sorry about the DD drama! Im sure its just her age.. I hope.. LOL You should be on your way to that 166 mark quickly! It seems like as soon as you get past that 1_1 number you start sailing though the next decade!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:02 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Alan -- I was probably more like your daughter growing up. I worked two jobs, was number 1 in my class, did every extracurricular activity available, and was just in general an over-achiever. It is good to have goals. I will say that at some point, after getting married and having kids, I slowed down ALOT and my priorities definitely changed. Don't worry your daughter will learn the proper balance for her. As for mine, she is a good kid with a good heart, she just needs to be more responsible, which again, I am sure will come in time.

Jami, I am sure your pics are great! Congrats on the new size. It is a rush to be able to buy a smaller size at the store. Shopping is actually kind of fun for me again, now that I can fit into all of the regular clothes I sure wish I could get past this "decade" and get into a new one though. Where is Orlando when I need him ???? lol.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:06 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Laura - Welcome!!!!

Like the others have told you pretty much it is no-go on the bread while in the first two weeks of induction. BUT, I have been thinking of trying the Julian's bread -- would you recommend it? I am well past the induction phase, and was never really on strict Atkins anyway, but I still try to limit my net carbs to between 20-30 a day. However, I have had way to many "cheat" days lately and want to try to get back into ketosis and stay there for awhile. Do you know if the bread has any effect?
Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: martiangurll
Stats: 250ish/201.5/138???
WOE: HCG at the moment R3P2VLDC33
Start Date: 4/01/10 (Atkins restart)
You look hawt to me! Thank you for sharing the pix (I will never be that brave)
martiangurll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Jami you look great! Sorry the professional pics didn't turn out the way you wanted.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Tara! Yah,, I was really disappointed! I think I am going to hand in the ones above instead..
Old 05-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #238
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Hi Jess. She really does drive me crazy with the school stuff. I have given her an ultimatum and told her that if she flunks even one class that I am done paying for school. Also, if she is not going to school she has to get a job and support herself ...ie pay her own car insurance, cell phone bill, etc. It is just so frustrating because I know how important it is to get a good education. There are so many people who would love to be able to go to school but can't afford it. Then here she is being given the opportunity and throwing it away because she is irresponsible. I don't want to see her totally quit but on the other hand I don't want to waste my hard earned money paying for something that she is not taking seriously. It is a catch 22 ...

Hope you have a great day.
shes being stubborn i take it... see those were good ultimatums. if it makes you feel better - if you were my mom, id definetly take the education and bills paid!! (being 25 and in a good career but not having a degree, i can honestly say i wish i would have went to college.)
Old 05-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #239
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanP View Post
Good Morning Ladies,

Jessie, Peach, Angie
hey sweetpea!!!! hope your having a good day!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #240
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Hi everyone! Picture day went ok. The photographer was really young, not very experienced or creative. She would take the picture and then say "ok, now what" WHAT! LOL Im glad my mom was there. She had ideas on what I could do, and she told me if my tag was sticking out, or if the side of my suit was crooked. I did get to see the pics and pick the ones I wanted. I practiced at home on the poses I wanted to do in front on the mirror. but I froze and I forgot what to do, so I have about 30 shots of me doing to same thing with a pose that wasn't very flattering.. not the best experience ever, but it was still fun all the same. After wards my mom and I had a great lunch together, she even paid for my pics when I went to change! What a sweet heart, I also made he pay for lunch.. JUST KIDDING! I treated.. Then I went shopping for some clothes. I went to the Buckle and I got a new shirt and shoes, and I went to Maurices and I bought a size 7/8 pair of junior jeans!! The store person said that they can vary from 1-2 sizes, but WHO cares!! I haven't had a number 7 on my tag since Junior High!! Enjoy your day friends!

Tara~ So sorry about the DD drama! Im sure its just her age.. I hope.. LOL You should be on your way to that 166 mark quickly! It seems like as soon as you get past that 1_1 number you start sailing though the next decade!
WTG on the size girlie!! bout to look at the pics now... thats TOO cool!! so glad it went well really!