Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Hiya peachie~ The suns back but in patches. I didnt mind the rain much the last few days, its just having to drive in it. Oye!

Tara~ Good getting back on plan. You will be seeing 169 very soon, I just know it ! Oh yah...You should take a new "now" pic. To reflect back on.

Angie~ What was the sodium content in the those meatballs? Maybe over the weekend you can make yourself up a batch of homemade ones and freeze them for later.

Jami~ How's your day going?

Alan~ I hope you had a great week and enjoy your weekend! I'm sure by this time right now you have already enjoyed your glass(es) of Merlot and are toasting us merrily.

Ok, Today is day 7 back OP. Still holding steady at 215 for the 3rd day in a row. I was really sure by today I would have seen at least a few oz gone. 2 nights prior to last, the scale was bumped to 217 and then last night it was at 215.2 So I figured with it being very close to my morning weight I would of seen a whoosh after waking. Go figure.

I have been drinking at least 80oz of water. Having my 3 meals. Well regardless I'm sticking to this. That's the least I can do for myself.

Ok thats about all to report on for right now. I'll check in later.....

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Olivia~ Great job staying OP!! You are going to see onderland again really soon! Keep it up, I know you can do it! I am very busy at work today.. but Im getting ready to take off in 27 minutes... not that Im counting down or anything. HEHE
jamistar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Jami!

It feels great staying utterly OP this last week. Today is Day 8 OP and 8lbs gone for the week. Last Saturday I was @ 222 and today I am @ 214.

The weather is nice and sunny with blue skies today...so pretty! Well I just wanted to stop in and say hiya's to everyone!!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:59 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Yeah so.. i've come to the conclusion that i'm not doing OWL anymore nor am I going to continue exercising until I hit goal. Back to induction for me. Ever since OWL and exercising i've put on weight. I guess i'm 'special'.

I jumped to rung 2 because I realized (after counting the carbs in my menus) that I was eating more veggies all along. Especially the last two weeks before starting OWL and I was losing. So I incorporate exercise and a cup of Fage and go from 163 to 166? And it's not TOM and I haven't eaten off plan? Real Nice... Well i'm 165 this morning.

I'm going to stick to what I know for now.
AngieCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:56 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Angie, I know its frustrating.. I did the same thing. Whenever I would decide to start OWL, something would happen and I would always weigh more.. I had a dreadfully long stall anyways.. and I'm still stalled according to the scale.. Its been 7 months now! Anyways, for this reason I never veered away from induction... Stayed on it forever, then I cut carbs even more which didn't help matters at all.. That being said. Induction is not ment to be the "whole" of the woe... I really dont think that 5 extra carbs from veggies, or anything else would cause you to gain 3 pounds... I would just try it out for a couple more weeks...
jamistar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:19 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Good Morning Ladies,
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, still very hectic here, just popped in to say Hi and missing you all. Leaving for a two day conference.

Wishing all a fantastic week ahead.
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 AM   #187

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
Good morning peeps!! How was everyone's weekend? Great week ahead of us I hope!!

Saturday -I worked, then when I came home worked on the garage (unpacking remaining boxes) -not fun!

Sunday -Went to my old apartment to finish up deep cleaning (not fun!) they got a new manager since I moved and I heard she is a real-you know! walks around with a white glove and all! ugh!! anyways I am done.. and that apartment is WAY cleaner than when I moved in.. you could eat off of any surface in there! Then went to 2 different birthday parties.. came home grilled up some meat for today.. my lunch and snacks and I am good to go..

So.. back to work, feel like I just left work..

Angie-Hope you are feeling less frustrated.. I know what you are going through.. I stayed on induction through my 110lbs lost; although I did start excersing about 80lbs in.. Do whatever works for you, because what works for one will not work for another!

Jami-Hope your work weekend went well! Now time to enjoy the time off!! Is your BFL challenge over yet?

Liv-You are doing awesome!! Today-day 10? Once you get your head in the game there is no stopping you!

Alan-Happy Monday! Hope things smooth out for you soon! Have a good and safe conference! and remember drink your water!!

Tara-Hi! Hope your weekend went well.. A new week ahead of us!
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:22 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning all. Hope everyone has a great week. OK my binge is over and I am determined to get back on track today. Damage from over-eating and eating off plan -- 174.2. Highest weight in awhile. Ammie, I am going to work on the water. I do not do well with drinking it. Hopefully some of that 3 pound gain will come off quickly as water weight though. Anyway, another busy day today. Have an out-of-town hearing this afternoon.

Olivia -- so proud of you! KUTGW!
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
Hey everyone!!

I need to go and catch up on 10 days worth of posts... just returned from a FABULOUS vacation with DH and my kiddies Sad to be back in rainy Buffalo, but at least I have nice tan Broke out the bikini for this trip too folks

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Bflo! Glad you had a wonderful vacation ... I am in desperte need of one and can't wait until the 25th of June so that we can head out ...
Old 04-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: martiangurll
Stats: 250ish/201.5/138???
WOE: HCG at the moment R3P2VLDC33
Start Date: 4/01/10 (Atkins restart)
alanp

is that your mastiff in your signature? he's a total cutie
martiangurll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! Was just checking in and found that it has been dead in here! Where are you all?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Heya Tara!! I'm here. I know, I too noticed it is been really quiet? What gives?? How is your week going so far? The days back OP?

Today I started the 3 day eggfast. Lmao...that seems to be the 'right now" thing. Nothing I havent done before. It just now has a name...lol. Ohswell...hoping it helps bring me down a few.

Hows everyone else doing this week???
Old 04-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #194
Random LC WIT-let

Gallery: jessienevins0314
Stats: 254/238/199 (first goal - to be in ONEderland)
WOE: Low carb-ish
Start Date: Start 10/2009... trying to stay OP often!
Hi everyone!!

Just wanted to check in. Im on day 3 strictly OP knowing its going to work out this time. not going OP if it kills me. ive got high hopes. hoping everyone is having a beautiful day!!
jessienevins0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #195
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Heya Tara!! I'm here. I know, I too noticed it is been really quiet? What gives?? How is your week going so far? The days back OP?

Today I started the 3 day eggfast. Lmao...that seems to be the 'right now" thing. Nothing I havent done before. It just now has a name...lol. Ohswell...hoping it helps bring me down a few.

Hows everyone else doing this week???
your avi looks great!! whats your current weight or measurements?? you look awesome, congrats! what is the 3 day eggfast??
Old 04-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #196
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: samantha105
Stats: 352/295/165
WOE: LC-Atkins
Start Date: 04/2010
I have a question. On the Atkins website it gives you a list of foods you can eat on induction. Then when you go to the recipes section, for induction, it shows food that are not on it. For example, low carb tortillas. It isn't listed on the website as a food you can eat, but they show recipes using them. Any thoughts?
samantha105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Induction is basically "Clean Eating". Nothing processed or the like. Anything you can find that is LC in the veggie section (most veggies are higher in carbs)....Meats,Eggs and most dairy. Some cut diet soda's while some still drink it on induction.

IMO, LC tortillas are something that you inductees should hold off on for a few weeks. Then as you become familiar with how your body reacts to certain carbs, add the LC staples in.

Lawmom here can eat the LC tortillas and lose, I can eat them if I wanted to maintain.

The recipe section on this site has alot of good recipe Ideas. However, you will need to go through the majority of them to sort out what is induction friendly and whats not.

Linda Sues Site ........<<<<<<<<< Has tons of recipes that are Induction friendly and easy to prepare.

The * next to a recipe indicates Induction friendly recipes.
Linda Sue and Chleochatra have been major inspirations on menu indeas.

I hope I have been able to help you....

~liv~
Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Ladies
Hope you are all having a good week. Busy day here again, will post a bit later.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:28 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! Nice to see a little life back in the room. Alan, I understand busy -- but we sure are missing you. Hope you are doing well.

Olivia -- I agree with you on your thoughts for Samantha. The LC tortillas can cause you to stall if you are not careful. I eat them now but did not eat them the first couple of weeks on induction. They have been a staple for me since then. The problem is that I find it hard to eat just one and they net carbs can quickly add up. Good luck with the egg fast. I haven't tried it and am not sure I could do 3 days of just eggs. As for me, I braved the scale this morning and it is down to 170.4 .... I am going out of town for the weekend (got to go see my mom since I have a trial starting the day after mother's day and it looks like I will be working that weekend) so I am hoping to be able to stay relatively OP -- although the margaritas are calling my name.

I need to do a little shopping this weekend but have a dilemma. My size 12 jeans/capris etc are a little loose but size 10s are still a little tight. I need to buy a few pair of shorts etc for the summer -- what to do???? I am afraid to buy something in "hopes" I will get into it later --- but I have absolutely NO summer clothes that fit other than the 2 pair of capris that I bought last weekend. I would postpone the shopping but I actually have a few things planned (like a Jimmy Buffett concert and Memorial Day Weekend outing)...

Well better get off here and try to wake up my little monster! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:08 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Wow , everyone has been busy elsewhere, thought I would have pages of posts to read after the last two days. Where you all are ???? Missing you all. Gonna hug everyone so be prepared!.

Tara, thats so sweet of you. Unfortunately things are just going to get more hectic from now until the world cup is over. Really sick of meetings , strat planning sessions etc that run into the evening, thats my puppy time!! They have a constant supply of drinks and snacks, but nothing I can eat.

I vote for to buy the larger ones and have them altered to fit snuggly, that way they are comfortable, a perfect fit, you look fantastic and you'll feel great.

Never postpone a shopping trip !!!! ( just take a bottle of water along with you) Hope this week has been tons better for you than last

Bflo~ Lovely to have you back

Miss G~ I'm so thrilled that you're doing well, congrats on the loss Have you treated yourself to that new bikini you liked yet?
Go on, treat yourself, you know you deserve it!!

Peach ~ Hate to confess that I've been rather slack with drinking water the last two days, really feel guilty after constantly bombarding everyone else to drink. Trying to make up for it today. Hoping you've settled into your new home and that life is good!

Angie ~ I'm worried about you, not like you to go awol. Hope you're not stuck in the bath after soaking with Epsom salts.
Missing you, come back !!!!!

Jami~ The time has gone sooo fast it's hard to believe you're nearly at the end of your challenge, your transformation has really been amazing, you must be very proud!!

Bflo ~ Welcome back, have missed your posts as a fellow wine lover

Martiangurl ~ Thanks, the mastiff in the pic is Ozzy, he is a Boerboel, I have a whole tribe of them and they tend to rule my life.

Jessie ~ WTG , keep up the good work.

Cat ~ Where are you you my tiny tyrant ?????

All hugged out now, feel soo much better. Wishing you all a magnicifent day and may you be filled with-------------------------------WATER!!!!!!

Courage does not always roar.Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying......"I will try again tomorrow" ~ Mary Anne Radmacher.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Hi you guys!!!

Alan~ Glad your back...we missed you the last few days!

Tara~ Do you have Old Navy in your area? They have so many cute crops and shorts there and the prices are really reasonable. Some of the materials is like a stretch jean and some have like a drawstring top so you can wear between sizes. I love their clothes.

Jami~ The bikini is smokin' hawt!!! Your body is bangin' too!! You have done AWESOME!

Bflo~ Did you take any pics on the trip???

You know who hasnt posted in a bit, Akmama...I hope she's doing well!

Peachy~ Where are you love???? How you liking this wierdo weather??? lol......I wish it would make up its mind already!

Angie~ How's it going with everything??? Did you get back into induction levels? How's that coming??

Well am on day 2 of the eggfast....and yesterday lost 2.8lbs. Not bad...Hoping to have another successful day to report on tomorrow. Basically its almost ZC so not that hard to do.....I might do it into the weekend. Well see how day 3 goes.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Alan, so happy you graced us with your presence! Like I said, I have missed you. You are always upbeat and positive. I have NOT been doing well with the water but I am going to try harder starting tomorrow lol...

Olivia -- wow 2.3 pounds overnight. Maybe I should try the egg challenge. I don't think I am ever going to break lower than 170 ...

Well tomorrow is another day ...
Old 04-30-2010, 04:35 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning ladies
And Friday has arrived again(except for Jami )

Anyway, anyone looking that good doesn't need time off! Jami you are really stunning and have made an awesome transformation. You must really be proud of yourself. That bikini is a definite winner as well!!!

Tara~ hope you are going shopping for clothes this weekend, you deserve a treat and I just know you're gonna be super motivated when you see how good you look in them! Hope you have a lovely time with your Mom and one or two friendly Margarita's(with a side dish of water !)

Miss G ~ Sound like you doing great on the eggs, I missed the post where you spoke about it, gonna find it and give it a try.I'm sure you've heard the saying" imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery"

to the rest of the gallivanting family. We gonna have to start a roll call if you don't check in soon -

Have to judge a dog show in Newcastle tomorrow, about 4 hours drive from Durban, going to be a looong day!

Wishing you all a lovely weekend with woooshies and good weather.

Last edited by alanP; 04-30-2010 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: bad spelling as usual
Old 04-30-2010, 04:57 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone. Well another day working from home -- which should be good, but I find it harder to get motivated when I am home (too many distractions). On the plus side, I can wear my pajamas all day!

Alan, good luck with the dog show.

I actually did a little shopping yesterday. I bought a few tops (size Medium) which is down from a 1X from when I started in August. I also bought a pair of shorts in a size Medium (8-10) they have a drawstring waist and are relaxed fit (again down from a 16-18 from when I started) I also bought one pair of black dress pants in a size 12 -- this particular pair seemed to run a little small since I tried on three other pairs and had to put them back because they were too loose! That being said, I still cannot seem to break down under that 170 mark. This morning the scale read 171.0. I have been in the 170s since February -- I am ready to get to the 160s ... and the 50 pound milestone. By the way, for any of you suffering from motivation problems, I tried on a pair of pants that I wore last summer and it was amazing just how big they were. I still don't see that much difference when I look in the mirror (if you read my early posts then you would know that I believe that the mirror lies) but it is impossibile to lie to myself about how big those pants are and the fact that there is absolutely NO way I could wear them now. For me that is the best way to see that the perserverance is paying off....
Old 04-30-2010, 05:15 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Tara, Wow that is fantastic but then again it is no surprise for any of us as you were the only one not realising how fantastic a transformation you were making.
All I can say is I told you so,I told you so,I told you so,I told yo,I toldyou so, I told you so, you so,u so,I told you so,I told you so,I told you so,I told you so, I told you so,I told you so,I told you so,I told you so,I told you so,I told you so,

Iam just so very very happy for you!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Alan you are a sweetheart! Hope you have a great weekend. I have got to get off the internet and get busy now. Unfortunately, I have about 2 weeks worth of work that I need to get done in a few days. Hugs!!!!

By the way, haven't you already hit your 50 pound milestone? Congrats to you as well!

Last edited by lawmom; 04-30-2010 at 05:44 AM..
Old 04-30-2010, 05:52 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, I should be grateful for the 50 as it's a good achievement but for my height(6.3) I still need to lose sooo much and it's getting soo much slower. I haven't weighed for two weeks and am hoping to today some time if I get the chance.

Good luck with the work, I'd be in the funny farm by now if I didn't have such a capable assistant.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Hey all, i'm here. Still working my way out of the 160s and recovering from my setback. On induction levels for now... mostly.
AngieCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: martiangurll
Stats: 250ish/201.5/138???
WOE: HCG at the moment R3P2VLDC33
Start Date: 4/01/10 (Atkins restart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Attachment 29945
I found the suit Im going to wear for my pics.. Do you think its too skimp?

Well,, I only 5 days left! I cant believe it! Thank you all for being so supportive! I really appreciate all of you! Your kind words and the constant push of my rear was so helpful!
I think you look hawt! rawk it woman
martiangurll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #210
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Attachment 29945
I found the suit Im going to wear for my pics.. Do you think its too skimp?

Well,, I only 5 days left! I cant believe it! Thank you all for being so supportive! I really appreciate all of you! Your kind words and the constant push of my rear was so helpful!
looks great!! you are sooo lucky!! id give anything to have your figure girl!