Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Yah...I just skimmed throught the first page right now and just seeing the enthusiasm I had behind starting up then was great! I'm going to read through it and really look back at what I made happen and where i've come so far.

here is the link incase anyone missed that thread. Its no longer on the atkins induction forum you have to search it now.

Atkins Induction Newbies

Also reading how awesome Tara has done is such and inspiration also. She has really done so well and pushed through alot of difficulties with ease.

All you guys have done so well!!!

Feeling a little Mother Hen-ish right now...lol.

((((((((((((((((( HUGS EVERYONE ))))))))))))))

Running off to read it!
AngieCakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #152

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
good evening ladies!! sooo.. tired! be back later. And I will be re-reading our thread aww.. getting all mushy now!
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Good Evening ladies and gent! I hope everyone has had a beautiful day.

Today has been great. It was nice and warm today and I thought about to going to the pool t soak in some sun but decided not to since I wasnt brave enough to put my bathing suit on to do so. lol......

This is day 3 back on induction. Feeling a bit motivated and determined to get my butt in high gear again.

Alan~ Talk to you later when you get into work. Your probably getting your day started right about now.

Peachie~ How's everything?

Tara~ I wish I can be there to console you. Like you said, now you can move on and have this behind you. Your such a strong woman.

Angie~ How's your evening going?

Jamiiiiiiiiii~ How did your day go?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Good morning Ladies,

I see the Good Fairy has been at work overnight and removed all posts by and referring to Monkey breath. Hope you are all having a good sleep and will be writing lots and lots when you awaken from your slumbers.

Will now spend an hour or two reading all your original posts.
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:46 AM   #155

Good Morning Good Morning everyone!! Hope your day is off to a happy start!

MissG-Is it raining there today too? Yesterday it was like about 80. We went and bought a propane grill. My BF was putting it together outside, complaining about the heat. His brother came, they went to the store and then about 7, I looked out the window and it was all cloudy and dark.. I was like dang that was fast! I had to call him and say.. umm.. better hurry up before it rains on your grill! lol!! I have been wanting to bbq since we moved. And last night I bought meat and everything, didn't know it took so long to put a grill together?! so yeah.. tacos and enchiladas it was!

Alan-Good morning sunshine!How are you? How's your day going? still busier then ever? Did you weigh in after your "sips" Friday night? Just curious if it did anything to the scale. I had 1/2 a glass of Merlot last night and that got me just a bit tipsy! I have not drank anything in so long it doesn't take much. Did you ever get an answer on posting pics? I didn't see one. Do you have a photobucket account? If not you need to create one, its free. You upload your photos there and then you can get a link to any photo you want, you copy and paste that here and then viola!! Hope your day goes swell, will check in on you later!!

Angie-How are you feeling today? Did you do the epsom bath? I hope you are doing better today Maybe you should pace yourself, how often do you have to go to the class? What other class are you taking now? Or is it just this one? My online class will start in June. I hate/love online classes. It is hard to stay focused and on top of my work but at the same time with my work schedule and kids the flexibility is great.

Tara-Morning sweets! I am sorry that things did not work out in your favor. This is behind you know, time to move on to better things and better times and we are all here behind you.. rooting for you!! Keep your head up and things will be better in no time!

Jami-Morning!! How's your weekend going? How's the family? Is your son in any sports right now? My daughter is doing karate and testing for her first belt on 4/30. And my 7 year old is starting soccer tomorrow! Man.. my life is about to get busier.. really?! lol!! Hey do you have a facebook?

Who on here has a facebook or myspace that I am not aware of? hmm.. spill it!! lmao!!

ok guys.. getting ready for work now. will check back in on you all later from the phone internet -bye for now!!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:48 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning everyone! OK it is time to put this crap behind me and get back OP ... I did brave the scale this morning and it is still at 171.6 ...

Olivia -- I need to go back and read some of those original posts to get my mojo back. Have an old song running through my head "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes your the bug..." by Mary Chapin Carpenter.

Alan, thanks for clarifying that monkey's posts were removed. I didn't see them and thought I must have missed something. If he was taking pot shots at Olivia --I am glad they are gone. Olivia has been a major motivator for me and I could not have done this journey without her! luv ya liv!!!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:52 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Ammie: Good luck with your class and thanks for the support. By the way, I have a facebook account. Will PM u the address...
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:52 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Wow ! The whole page of everyone with their lights on, thats the first timne I've seen this and now I have to go into a meeting, DAmm,damm, dammm
Old 04-20-2010, 03:57 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone, still sore, but no longer feeling like my legs were repeatedly run over by random garbage trucks. LOL

This weight training class only meets 4 times this term, so two classes down and two to go. I'm also talking an Intro to Sociology course on Saturdays. We meet again in 2 weeks. I think I just simply overdid it by going for that 2 hour walk on Sunday morning after being tortured the Friday before. If I walk again this week it will be tomorrow morning and then only for an hour.

I did soak in Epsom salt and massaged my legs while in the tub. I think it helped a little. I mostly just laid in the bed though and tried to stay off my legs.

It's weird. My mom just lit up when I told her I was exercizing now. She was so thrilled and proud. When I picked up the kids after my walk on Sunday she was just glowing. I'm limping and she's just grinning LMAO She likes it better now that i'm exercizing whereas before, with just eating atkins, she thought I was starving myself (until I broke it down to her of course).

Coffee is ready so i'm off to pour a cup and trip the next cat that comes speeding past me trying to leap across the room into the window. Have a great day guys!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:02 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Feel good soon
Old 04-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Hi Peach, Thanks for the info on posting pics, am going to give it a try when I get a chance, work is rather hectic and still no home computer, all advice I get on what to buy is totally contradictory and my knowledge of computers is sorely limited.

Hope you enjoyed the Merlot ~ lovely stuff !Looks like the last few days had quite a few of us reaching for a drink !

I've named a little brindle female pup Merlot, I'm going to keep her.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day !!!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:49 PM   #162

Aww.. That is a cute name.. I may borrow it if i ever get a pup!! When you get this- Good morning!!

Angie-glad ur feeling better..

Tara-will log onto my fb tonight and add you.

@ karate right now.. Waiting.. Will have to chat when i get home. Hopefully someone is around and i am not talking to myself.. Although i still will... Lol!!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Peach ~ I know the feeling~ talking to yourself ~ it never stops me though.
Have to show a presence here while the rest of the world is snoozin.

Have a facebook account but only check it about once a week, you're welcome to check it.

Any ideas on a good name for a male pup, someone mentioned the name Katonka on one of these threads which I thought might be quite appropriate.

Angie ~ hope you much looser today ( your muscles, not your behaviour !)

LawMom ~ So sorry you didn't get more compensation but on the positive side you're looking better by the day and no one can take that away from you ! VERY proud of you for the 4 glasses of water.

Miss G ~ Popped in for a quick visit on your journal. Go and buy that swimsuit !

Jami ~ Still lurking on your BFL thread, you're doin so well ! You go girl!!!

Gotta do some work now.

Courage does not always roar.Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying......"I will try again tomorrow" ~ Mary Anne Radmacher.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:03 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Peach and Alan. The muscles are a lot better but i'm about to go walk for an hour LOL Trying to get my body used to things so I won't be in so much pain when I do work out. I know i'll never work out if I have to deal that amount of pain afterwards. Just trying to get my body used to it. About to do a lot of stretching, and maybe I won't walk so fast this time LOL

You all have a good day!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Hi everyone! I haven't really been posting much. My usual 5 hours a day... LOL I have been busy, enjoying the weather..

Ammie~ No I dont have facebook.. I used to, but I canceled it.. It got to big, and I had a hard time keeping up on LCF.. yada, yada. LOL Wow, you are busy!! She's getting her first belt! That is amazing. Im sure she is excited! Cole is not in any sports right now! Thank goodness.. Wrestling lasted so long.. He went to state tournaments, didn't win, but he wrestled some of the best guys, and he did very well! We were just joking around wrestling the other night, he is tough! He picks me up pins me down, he wasn't even trying.. I told him I wasn't either, but I REALLY WAS! Man!!
"weekend" is great! Its never long enough right?!

Hi Olivia~ Nice collar bones sistah! How are you doing? How are you little ones and you huns buns?

Hi Tara~ Geez honey, you are a losing machine over there!

Alan~ I like the name Brutus... Thanks for following along with the bfl thing. I cant believe that is it almost over! 13 Days left. I started a final "prep and peak" this week. It has to do with increasing sodium, carb depleting, carbing up, and dropping salt, in that order... I started increasing my salt on Monday, and I dont know it its a coincidence but I am up to 145.2 this morning.... Not very happy, but its water weight, and I guess its part of the program.

Angie~ You are still sore!? You poor girl. I know that hurts... I really hope that your pain goes away soon... I think you over did your first hard workout.. It is best to start light and slow.. Once you heal up, you can hit it again, but not as heavy duty..

Like I was saying to Alan, Only 13 days left until the end of my challenge.. Im nervous! I have professional pics scheduled to be taken on May 4th.. So I am doing a final Prep and PEak program to get me "stage ready" Its a bodybuilder protocol to make them look thinned skinned and muscular. This can be used to anyone who is wanting that quick fix for a special event.

Sipping my coffee right now, getting ready to head off the the gym.
jamistar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:30 AM   #166

Good morning! I was MIA yesterday -terrible day (started off anyways)

Here now

So, how is everyone? how was your day yesterday? what did we eat? come one everyone.. it is now sharing time!

I had..

B:-nothing
L:-chicken sandwhich insides
D:-awesome..grilled ribeye steak.. and pork kabobs w/bell pepper and onions

still full from dinner.. drinking my coffee..
Old 04-22-2010, 03:43 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Sorry Peach, super hectic, still haven't answered yesterdays. Wishing all a wonderful, highly motivated day, I vill be Back!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:41 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Confession time -- I still am not back OP ... did good all day on Tuesday but bombed late that night .... yesterday was a business meeting with my boss where they ordered in sandwiches for lunch and then he stopped and wanted to have sushi rolls for dinner .... going to try again today.

I am exhausted ... going in to work today with my hair in a pony tail and my blue jeans on ... I did good to slap on a little makeup. I NEED a vacation. We have ours scheduled for the end of June and it can't come fast enough!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:23 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning everyone!
Ammie, I have mia a littl bit lately too. I haven't been reaching my 100 posts a day. LOL JK!!
I had to eat...
m1 oatmeal and fruit and protein powder
workout
m2 oatmeal and protein powder
M3 grilled chicken salad with LF dressing and tons of veggies
M4 cottage cheese and applesauce... tastes like apple pie..
m5 same as 3
m6 LC tuna salad wrap, a couple quaker delights "chips"
a little different from a couple months ago, but its working....

Hi Alan~! Hope you have a super duper day!!

Tara~, Girl it is so hard getting back on the wagon isn't it! A couple days of clean eats and you'll be fine. It takes me a while to get back to eating good again.. Then I wonder why even go off in the first place. It makes you feel like crap, and it makes you crave things... that aren't good. I love sushi.. miss it..
I went to Sephora yesterday and had a girl show me how to put on this eye shadow so it would look like hers. She was gorgeous, and probably 22 years old.. I didn't look as good as her, but she did do a great job! . I only use eyeliner and mascara for my eyes.. She did a great job so I bought some.. Hang in there... You ARE very busy! Where are you planning on going for vacation?

Hi everyone! Angie! Olivia!
Old 04-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Hi guys!

Tara~ Everyday is a new start..Take it one day at a time. I wish I could fast forward the months so your vacation can get here already! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Jami~ Did you take a pic of how the girl did your makeup? I love sephora!!!!

Doing good here....Day 6 of OP eating. I made a vlog yesterday and posted on youtube. I have a link in my Journal. I was going to do it daily but I think I'll just do it on Saturdays starting again this Saturday.

The scales slowly creeping down. I'm glad. Tisk Tisk..I was at 222 on Saturday. Holding steady at 215 for the 2nd day. I'm just glad I got my head back on straight. lol.......

K..check in later yall!!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Olivia -- Way to go on OP eating .... you are right everyday is a new journey. So far today I am OK -- hoping I get through the night though. That is when temptation hits me. I literally feel like I am totally wrung out. Blahs have definitely been showing their face around my house.

Jami - how is your challenge going? I know you are nearing the end. I couldn't do the structure of it but am glad you found something that works for you. I love having other people do my hair and makeup. I think when my income tax check comes in I am going to do a spa day and have a total makeover. Sounds good anyway -- guess I will have to see.

Hope everyone is having a great day....
Old 04-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys, late check in today, very busy day. Olivia, I think the vlogs are a great idea, I thought about that too once but my web cam is wonky and my son's laptop has one built in that takes good video, but he uses it too much LOL.
You've been doing fantastic staying on plan and i'm very proud of you for the committment you are showing. Keep it up girl. I have so much faith in you. And you will see the results by your b-day.

Jami you're almost done with your challenge right! YOU GO!! Great meal for the day too, perfect for working out. I didn't do any walking or core today but it's on the agenda bright and early in the morning. 1 hour walk 20 minute core and butt (lol).

Tara, confess it and get it off your chest. I'm also proud of you. You've lost so much and come so far then life does what it does best: Throws curveballs. At least you recognize those curveballs. You will get back on track because you want goal so badly.

Hey Alan, Is tomorrow Merlot night?

Always good to see you Peach!

Okay so..

Still on OWL and still fluctuating between 163 and 163.5. Saw 164 this morning but that was after some major cardio the day before.

I'm a little worried about my meals today and the scale in the morning. I had coffee for breakfast, 4 hot wings for lunch (not breaded, just naked with hot sauce), and a cup of Fage. I decided to hop to rung 2 which is fresh cheeses like cottage cheese, however I can't stand plain cottage cheese and have substituted Fage instead. It's all the rage they said it would be too. I put a packet of splenda in it. Dinner is what has me worried. I had 11 meatballs (not homeade, prepackaged 'frankenfood' as they call it) and I made a sour cream sauce for them. I only got in 2 liters of water. The package said the meatballs had 7 carbs per 6 meatballs. But the ingredients were sick.. and not in a good way. Soy flour and breadcrumbs.... I didn't have a choice as i'm broke and it was all I had to make for dinner. I'm going grocery shopping this weekend to get some real food. My carbs were probably around 30 net today.

I'm fluctuating so much now that i'm exercising i'm afraid i'm risking progress by upping carbs and OWLing. But i'm practicing patience and hoping that it all works out in the end. Last night I had a great dinner of burger patties with onion and green beans.

No veggies today except for the onion I sauteed with the meatballs. Not nearly enough. Just gotta keep doing this and make sure I always have food stocked that I can eat. I would have skipped those meatballs earlier as I would have preferred to make them myself homeade (less carbs too), I just didn't have the money.

Yes, I have bad-ingredient-meatball-guilt LMAO

Anywho, that's my story and i'm sticking to it. Got some studying to do and my eyes feel like sandpaper. So going to study and sleep.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening. I'll check in in the morning before my walk.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:04 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Hello ladies, Super hectic, just popped in to say hello to everyone, will toast you all tonight. Angie, hope you going to join me with a glass of the glorious??

Sorry haven't answered any posts but you are all in my thoughts and prayers and will certainly be in my toasts tonight.

Hope you have a terrific weekend.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:07 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Alan!!!

Well guys, I was right about the meatballs LOL 165 this morning. Im off for my walk, some nice cardio should get my mind off it.

Have a great day!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:37 AM   #175

Good morning family!! How is everyone doing this lovely Friday?
-I am sssoooooo glad it is Friday, although I am working tomorrow as well. The girl that took over my job (I moved to inventory) can not handle it. She is behind on everything and the things such as processing credits you can not let pile up so they asked me if I would come in and work on them. Also, I am out in the warehouse now counting inventory and such, it is good because it gets me moving.. Yesterday I was wearing some jeans I bought a few months back and with a lot of bending and stooping they kept sliding down as I have lost a few pounds! I am glad they are loose.. but not @ work! lmao!! today as soon as I get there I have to go into the freezer and count .. ugh! it is beyond Antartica in there! hate it! oh-well!

Alan-sorry work has been so hectic for you.. at least you are keeping busy-right? and Merlot tonight.. I think I may just toast a glass to you as well! How are those puppies? And when is your next weigh in? I feel chubs today.. so maybe Monday for me
-Have a great day my friend..

Tara-Morning hun!! I am so proud of you 1)for how far you come 2)for "confessing" when you struggle and 3)for always pushing through no matter what. Night time is always the hardest for me.. always! I could eat good any given day all day.. Come night time I am like a scavenger searching for something. especially when i go off plan and am trying to get back on. sometimes I just have to remove myself from the situation when I start getting cravings or looking in the cabinets for something I know I should not have.. go to bed, jump in the shower, something to just change my mind from thinking about eating something I shouldn't.. It will get better for you again.. Just got to get over that initial hump of the first days/week of clean eating. hang in there! you deserve this and will obtain it!

Liv
-Morning! You glad to have the sunshine back as well? How is everything on the souther tip? whatcha eatin today?

Jami-You are doing so well on your challenge.. and now professional pics.. wow! you are an inspiration for me to get fit!!

Angie-morning sweets! I know how it is when you eat what you have and do your best and it sucks to see something like bread crumbs! Don't fret over it.. Just move on. I buy "frankenfoods" too as they are cheap and I am not rich! I try to eat fresh as often as possible but that is not always feasible. I always look at my options at the store and try to get one without too many carbs and carby ingredients.. I will be in the aisle reading the ingredients wandering if the people are cursing me in their head, like get out of the way!! lmao! I just want to know I can have it as a back up emergency food before I buy it. Your scale will go back down.. those bread crumbs are just holding onto those 2 liter of water.. that's all!!! have a great day!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:17 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Angie -- I agree with Peach ... I have had the same problem. When I let myself run out of the OP foods or get down to where there is nothing I can just pick up and eat without making a production of a meal is when I tend to go off plan. Don't beat yourself up. When I started I made a pact with myself that I was going to eat regular, everyday foods because 1) I hate cooking and 2) knowing myself this has to be a WOE I can live with long term -- otherwise I would lose the weight and then promptly gain it all back. I have had the dreaded frozen meatballs too -- just now that you know how they affect you at least you can limit your intake in the future.

Well got to go get dressed as much as I do NOT want to. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:21 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for the encouragement ladies

My walk was 40 mins instead of the hour I wanted but 40 mins is still a good workout. I'm off to get dressed too. Talk to you soon!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HI everyone!! SOrry I have been MIA..

Angie, Good job with starting OWL.. THat is a big step! Its nerve racking isn't it... I had a hard mental issue going to OWL...

Olivia, good job on getting back on track and getting rid of that weight! I hope you can reach a new loW! I love sephora too! I haven't been wearing much make up lately, just my bare minerals and mascara.. So I decided to start make up-ing more. I didn't take any pics of the job she did, but it was nice..

Tara, The structure is hard, but look at you! You have stuck with your WOE for a long time and you have done really well, Better than me for sure. I haven't been 100% with my eating, and that is where its all its at, ya' know?? I think I could have done better if I kept that food monster locked in the dungeon where he belongs.. Evil little guy isn't he!!

Hi Alan!! How are you?? How's work?

Hi Ammie! How is the new place?? Are you getting settled??

The professional pics are the ones that are going to be handed in to BFL when I'm done.. Im a little nervous. I really dont feel like I have made a change enough to win, but, I have learned so much in the process of all this. I feel more confident, stonger, and I'm in the best shape of my life.
I only have about 12 days left until the end.. Can you believe that its almost over?? I'm so happy that you all have been there to WOOT me on! You all are so great!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #179

Hey there everyone!! Just taking a break at work should be getting out right now, but some more overtime is ok with me! so how is everuone's friday going? Just checking in with y'all!!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone! I am still catching up on reading your posts, We are so busy at work today.. No fair!
Angie, I love butt workouts.. LOL I need more of them. Today is supposed to be a lower body workout, but I am actually thinking of skipping.. HOw many carbs a day are you at now?? You could just be at another stall, which is pretty typical.. Lots of people can stall at 5 pound increments, then they go up a rung after the stall breaks. Make sure you get your new carbs in veggies. Rung 2 right? Slow and steady GF.. Take each rung as it comes. Its so much easier that way. One thing I did when I did OWL the right way.. I added 1/2 cup pumpkin in rung 2. I would heat it up and whip it up with a little bit of butter, salt and pepper.. Its even really good with cinnamon, and 1/2 ounce of cream cheese. WHen I started reaching the 50-60 total carbs a day I started decreasing my fat. I started buying 2% fat cheeses, lower fat salad dressings with low carbs.. etc..

Hi Tara~ Sorry about your busy days..

Hi Ammie!!